What Next-Gen System Will You Be Getting?

illmatic

102 members have voted

1. 1. What system will you be getting?

• Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • XBox 360
    • All Three
    • Wii & XBox 360
    • XBox 360 & Playstation 3
    • Wii & Playstation 3
    • None

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

The controller has completely put me off, I haven't gone out of my way to look at the 360 (since its not even been slapped right infront of me yet) so I definitely won't go out of my way to read about the Wii and its mostly down to that stupid remote.

The controller has completely put me off, I haven't gone out of my way to look at the 360 (since its not even been slapped right infront of me yet) so I definitely won't go out of my way to read about the Wii and its mostly down to that stupid remote.

They DO have an actual controller for people who don't want to bother with the remote.

i'd say ps3. the thing about nintendo that pisses me off is every game released is mario. mario mario mario mario mario. mario soccer, mario tennis, mario baseball.

waaay too much mario for me. plus i already got a HD tv like a year ago and i actually want to use it :)

btw, the core ps3 version is total bollocks for anyone even considering buying i, its worse than the 360 core - at least with that you could buy the other stuff separate.

the ps3 core system has no HD output, a 20gb HDD, and i think stuff like wi-fi and bluetooth are also missing - nothing is upgradeable either as far as i know.

Guest muddatrucker

Core? who cares. You sound like the type of guy who decided which system was best in comparisson to system specifics. The PS2 didn't even have a HD and it still stood its own with whatever the Xbox had, one could have 200TB whilst the other one has 2MB but each system would use that space differently so basically it stands for fuck all, tool.

Edited by muddatrucker

If you're paying $700+ for a system, it better match up with the competition to at least justify the insane price as much as you can. Sony has shipped a substandard product for years, and has won everyone over with genius market share/marketting, in oombination with idiotic competition. If you ride of that this time they may be able to do it again, but Billy G has a rediculous amount of money to throw around. If he gets serious about getting exclusive liscenses, it could be very interesting.

That said, the same things were said when the original box was launched, and it didn't shake down.

If you'd asked me a few months ago, I'd have said either none of them, or the PS3, but it looks like it might be my first foray into Nintendo since the Game Boy, if only for Super Smash Bros.

I'm with Hamster on the Sony bandwagGon, but I'm looking forward to picking up a Wii too. I had a SNES/Gameboy/Gamecube so it's not exactly my first foray into Nintendo land, but usually it's just something I'd pick up on a whim. The backwards compatibility/downloads thing has me actually interested in the console before it's released, despite it's awful name, which is somewhat of a first for me.

I voted for PS3 and Wii, but I won't be picking up either on launch day :P

I think I'm getting a 360 for my birthday, which I'm looking foreward to. I want to get a PS3, but thats a lot of caish. I might get it when the price goes down, but I doubt that's in the near future.

Guest Takayamanofear

The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards getting a 360 for now. For what I pay for the PS3 advanced pack. I could get X box Premium, Another controller, Madden and NCAA and still have some money left over for Fight night or NHL 07. I will pick up a Ps3 once the price goes down so I can get Sudioken (sp) and Final Fantasy.

For all of you who can't wait to play the older games... why not get a snes on ebay for like five bucks?

Logistics, really. Why have to switch between systems when you could just load up the newest one and have all of them at the same time?

Edit: That sentence was an interrogatory sentence, NOT a declarative one!

Edited by The Midget