8. Tammy Pescatelli

7. Kathleen Madigan

6. Auggie Smith

5. Bill Cosby (his early stuff)

4. George Carlin

3. Mitch Hedberg (R.I.P.)

2. Jim Gaffigan

1. Rodney Carrington

Carrington is by the far the funniest and I really hope his ABC show doesn't get cancelled. And Jim Gaffigan's bit on Hot Pockets is hilarious times ten.

Guest JT179

Lets see my favorite stand up comics...

Christopher Titus (easily my favorite of them all), Bill Engvall, Jeff Foxworthy, Eddie Izzard, Ron White, Steve McGrew, Jeff Dunham, Lewis Black, and there are more but that's the main ones.

I'll list a comedian I wish would be recognized more like Vince Morris, who I think has the potential to have a good tv show. I think he has that type of act that translates well to the small screen like Seinfeld, Romano, James, and the rest. He isn't my favorite, but I would like to get his name out there more.

I'm a fan of his as well. His Comedy Central Presents showing intrigued me, and everything I've heard since is solid. Likewise, he's not my favorite, but if he was in town performing, I'd go check it out.

Regarding my absolute favorite, it is Lewis Black. He is the closest thing the mainstream has to a Bill Hicks-esque persona. Not only does he disagree, he EXPLAINS why he disagrees, and does so while being insanely funny.

Peter Kay, Jack Dee and Bill Bailey.

If you consider JLC stand up he is my favourite though. Another thing Female stand ups that are even half attractive are not funny in the slightest. Joe Brand and the old woman that has had all the plastic surgery are ok but I was watching World Stands Up on Paramount and some hot woman was on it and I couldnt laugh because I was too busy staring at her breasts.

I'll list a comedian I wish would be recognized more like Vince Morris, who I think has the potential to have a good tv show. I think he has that type of act that translates well to the small screen like Seinfeld, Romano, James, and the rest. He isn't my favorite, but I would like to get his name out there more.

I'm a fan of his as well. His Comedy Central Presents showing intrigued me, and everything I've heard since is solid. Likewise, he's not my favorite, but if he was in town performing, I'd go check it out.

Lee Evans is my favourite I'd say, I need more comedians to watch/listen to though to be fair. Although I have all 6 of Lee Evans DVD's which are just sheer brilliance.

Bill Bailey is great with his Part Troll, and when he's on stuff like QI and Nevermind the Buzzcocks he's just hilairious to listen to.

I don't mind Peter Kay because like Mudda say, he's funny in a family sort of way, but he's way overrated because everyone thinks "OMG PETER KAY! FUNNIEST PERSON EVER" when they haven't heard any others.

Like I said, I need to get some more stuff.

Dylan Moran is fuckin' excellent. He's an all-around genius, in fact. There's nothing that man can't do ten times better than any other idiot trying to do it.

Best. Angry. Man. Ever.

I say Steven Lynch again, in the hope of drumming up some Lynch love.