Pink Floyd reccomendations

Guest The Trooper

Guest The Trooper

Hiyo there, over the last few months I have really got into Pink Floyd through a few albums that I bought. The only problem now is that these albums are the ones that most people reccomend, leaving me stumped as to what to get next.

I currently own:

• Animals

• Dark Side of the Moon

• The Wall

• Wish you were here

So can you help me out on what I should aim for next? Does any other album scream BUY ME NOW?

Also I'm wondering if there are any bands that are similar to Floyd in a way, i've been hearing nothing but great things about David Gilmours solo work and bands such as Yes and Rush. All help will be appreciated

Hiyo there, over the last few months I have really got into Pink Floyd through a few albums that I bought. The only problem now is that these albums are the ones that most people reccomend, leaving me stumped as to what to get next.

I currently own:

• Animals

• Dark Side of the Moon

• The Wall

• Wish you were here

So can you help me out on what I should aim for next? Does any other album scream BUY ME NOW?

Also I'm wondering if there are any bands that are similar to Floyd in a way, i've been hearing nothing but great things about David Gilmours solo work and bands such as Yes and Rush. All help will be appreciated

Yes, well, you suck.

It's not their best, but it's not bad. Skumfrog reccomends old Floyd, whereas I prefer newer, more progressive Floyd. If you like the stuff on Dark Side, I'd go with Heel Turn's reccos, as I think you'd be better off.

Yeah, those are definitely the four best Floyd album, so you can't really go wrong with them.

Personally, I absolutely love The Division Bell. I think the way Cluster One leads into the bluesy What Do You Want From Me is brilliant. Yeah, I'd pick this up also and you have the best Pink Floyd albums you can get, in my opinion.