Vote Lordi

K

Can't be bothered to find the other thread.

Just letting the UK know that the Semi Finals are on BBC3 now

It's like two hours long though, and goes through Big Bro if you're into that. I'll post when Lordi show up.

Ahah the Lordi fans have plastic axe's with the Finnish flag on them.

I might actually cry if they don't get through...

EDIT:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GO LORDI!!!!

Edited by Kid Britain

I was glad some people in Finland wanted Lordi kicked out as it gave me a couple more minutes of material for my "censorship in music" presentation the other day.

I feel so selfish... :shifty:

I'm intrigued. Go on...

In Lordi news... you can see their performance here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjWZjY0U18Y&search=Lordi

Edited by Kid Britain

What do you think of our chances then?

I only really watch it for it’s trainwreck quality, and Wogan’s ripping to shreds of every single host, contestant, video and country representative. However I think as far as Eurovision standards go, our song isn’t too bad. In fact I hate how catchy it is. It’s corny, cheesy pop; it’s bound to do well. As long as there’s less political voting this year anyway, as unlikely as that is.

I can’t get over how dull the guy is singing it though. He’s just an average Joe. He doesn’t look like a singer, or a pop star, or a rapper, or anything… he’s just him.

Hard Rock Hallelujah is gonna be hard to beat. \m/

I was glad some people in Finland wanted Lordi kicked out as it gave me a couple more minutes of material for my "censorship in music" presentation the other day.

I feel so selfish... :shifty:

I'm intrigued. Go on...

Oh, basically I was just talking about music and music videos didn't have as much of an effect these days with regards to getting censored and causing lots of publicity, due to people being a lot more liberal. However, in a counter to that, I discussed the fact that Lordi has got all the press they have got due to the image they portray in music videos, interviews and live performances, showing that they are still pretty powerful tools. The fact that people think they are KGB agents amongst other things just shows how stupid it is, really.