World Trade Center

aznhitman

The 2nd movie to focus on the events of 9/11 is coming out.

Just found out today, so yeah.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/

And the trailer came out yesterday, I think. Heres the link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/wtc/large.html

Don't waste any time do they? :P

Meh, could be good, but it also could be really, really, bad. I dunno, I'll probably see it, but something in that trailer really puts me off.

Guest muddatrucker

I guess for this one it all comes down to the actual story of the people since we all know about the actual events in detail and pretty much saw them on TV so its got to be something.

I guess for this one it all comes down to the actual story of the people since we all know about the actual events in detail and pretty much saw them on TV so its got to be something.

Yeah, and it seems to be following just the two fire-fighters, which could be interesting, but it depends on how it's done and such.

I know this is probably an obvious question to answer, but are Nick Cage's and the other main guy in the trailer, are they based on real people? Just...be nice in answering... :blush:

Yeah, and it seems to be following just the two fire-fighters, which could be interesting, but it depends on how it's done and such.

I know this is probably an obvious question to answer, but are Nick Cage's and the other main guy in the trailer, are they based on real people? Just...be nice in answering... :blush:

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Yes they are...

Ruin the ending why don't ya... <_<

EDIT: Bastard...I came in before you edited...

Edited by TMM

It just seems so soon, and marketed in tune with the other movie that just came out. The differences betweenm this and Hotel Rwanda amd Schindler's List is reasons for the film being made as well, I can't believe personally that this film is going to be a historical epic. More along the lines of propoganda.

Edited by Apple Shampoo

Guest Spadekiller

**WARNING WARNING**VIEWS THAT GO AGAINST SOCIETY...READ AT OWN RISK**WARNING WARNING**

I have said that because what I am about to say may inadvertently offend some people. So just to make it clear I do think it was a terrible tragedy what happend on 9/11....keyword was. It's been 5 1/2 years for God's sake. Get off your cross, use the wood to build a bridge and get over it. The first week after 9/11 I got sick of the 24 hour news channels showing ground zero coverage adnausem.

That being said, I thought United 93 was an alright movie so this Oliver Stone piece should be better....as long as it doesn't end up like JFK.

AGAIN, I DO THINK 9/11 WAS A TREMENDOUS TRAGEDY. I'M NOT A COMPLETE ASSHOLE....AND HEY, FREE SPEECH

I have said that because what I am about to say may inadvertently offend some people. So just to make it clear I do think it was a terrible tragedy what happend on 9/11....keyword was. It's been 5 1/2 years for God's sake. Get off your cross, use the wood to build a bridge and get over it. The first week after 9/11 I got sick of the 24 hour news channels showing ground zero coverage adnausem.

Guest Spadekiller

Who's hanging on the cross? It doesn't seem like anyone here's making a big deal out of it.

Who's hanging on the cross? It doesn't seem like anyone here's making a big deal out of it.

My thoughts? I dunno, to be honest. I think I'd be much more moved by United 93 due to the acclaim it's gotten, plus the fact that it's not big name Hollywood actors playing the roles. And as Beatnik said (sort of), Stone could play up the shit and fail like he did with Alexander.