The First Impression Sheen

Benji

So, I got Stadium Arcadium when it came out, really listened to it and enjoyed it, now, two weeks later, I still listen, but it's lost most of it's goodness, most the catchy tracks have become repetitive, the slow building tracks don't even feel like they exist, it just feels like total dissapointment that everyone else saw in the first place.

So yeah, what have your hotly anticipated album/dissapointments been after originally loving an album?

On a side note, "Waterloo to Anywhere" by Dirty Pretty Things is the best album I've heard since "Bleed American" by Jimmy Eat world :wub:

I used to think "Exile In Oblivion" by Strung Out was the dogs bollocks (Nowhere enar the best album I've heard...not even their best. But stil la really good listen, whatever mood you're in). I've listened to it a hell of a lot over the past year and a half, but the other day when I went to listen to it I was incredibly bored by it. However I think that may be more, me saturating myself with it than being first impression sheen as I got over a year of 2/3 plays a week (More at the beginning) out of it.

Edited by YI

I honestly thought (and hoped) that this thread would be somehow about Charlie Sheen.

"Elephant" by The White Stripes lost a lot of it's appeal upon second listen, as did "Declaration Of A Headhunter" by Stuck Mojo.

"Elephant" by The White Stripes lost a lot of it's appeal upon second listen, as did "Declaration Of A Headhunter" by Stuck Mojo.

Interesting. "Elephant," for me and most people I know, did REALLY well as far as holding up over time went (I bought it for a plane trip and ended up listening to it like four times on the trip). Well, exceot for "Well It's True That We Love One Another."

Interesting. "Elephant," for me and most people I know, did REALLY well as far as holding up over time went (I bought it for a plane trip and ended up listening to it like four times on the trip). Well, exceot for "Well It's True That We Love One Another."

Haha, I'm the exact opposite, I still love "Well It's True That We Love One Another" for the sheer twee absurdity of it, and because it's Holly Golightly, who can do no wrong in my eyes. To me, though, I'll sooner listen to any of the other White Stripes albums than Elephant, it's just not what I want from them.