Recommendations..

Nerf

Paul Heyman signs with TNA Wrestling

By Daniel Bradley | July 11th, 2010

The rampant slew of rumours recently have been put to rest as TNA have accepted Paul Heyman's excessive demands and offered him a contract. The former head honcho of Extreme Championship Wrestling announced earlier today, via Twitter, that both parties were finally able to agree on a deal and he will resume full control of TNA Wrestling following tonight's Victory Road pay-per-view.

Dave Lagana and Gabe Sapolsky have also been signed to replace Ed Ferrara and Vince Russo, who reportedly quit the company upon hearing the news of Heyman's arrival, on the creative team.

Heyman's regime is enforcing a strict youth movement and, as a result, there are currently no plans for Mick Foley to return to the company. Foley was kayfabe 'fired' earlier this year after losing a Career vs. Career match to Jeff Jarrett and hasn't appeared on television since March.

"I don't believe in drastic changes," Heyman wrote this morning, "I have a five year plan to build a marketable brand capable of taking 10% market share from Vince McMahon."

It will be interesting to see if Heyman utilizes the unique selling points available to him already. The X-Division's rise to prominence and perhaps the return of the six sided ring could both be used to "brand" TNA, as well as whatever else he has planned. Either way, we're sure this appointment means only good things for the wrestling industry.

Let's begin with some Power Metal. I've already got the obvious stuff down: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica -- but other (less known) bands I'm still lacking in. I'd say at the moment Power Metal is my favourite genre of music, so I want to get in to more of it before the novelty kind of wears off so-to-speak.

Me too. ReilDeal is the hook up, but he's been holding out on me.

Two awesome, awesome bands are Battlelore and Dream Evil.

I swear they're fantastic. I only have one album from each, but they are so good.

Everyone needs these albums

Battlelore - Swords Song

Dream Evil - Dragon Slayer

I can't really recommend a single song from Swords Song as it all goes together so well, but my favorite from Dragon Slayer is Save Us. It's epic.

n3s0ud.png

SUPERSTARS

ABYSS

AJ STYLES

ALEX SHELLEY

AMAZING RED

BROTHER DEVON

BROTHER RAY

CHRIS SABIN

D'ANGELO DINERO

DESMOND WOLFE

DOUGLAS WILLIAMS

DR. STEVIE

ERIC YOUNG

HERNANDEZ

HOMICIDE

JAMES STORM

JAY LETHAL

JEFF HARDY

JEFF JARRETT

JEREMY BUCK

JESSE NEAL

KAZARIAN

KEVIN NASH

KURT ANGLE

MAGNUS

MATT MORGAN

MAX BUCK

MR. ANDERSON

OKADA

ORLANDO JORDAN

RHINO

RIC FLAIR

ROBERT ROODE

ROB TERRY

ROB VAN DAM

SAMOA JOE

SHANNON MOORE

SHARK BOY

STING

SUICIDE

TOMKO

TOMMY DREAMER

KNOCKOUTS

ANGELINA LOVE

DAFFNEY

HAMADA

LACEY VON ERICH

MADISON RAYNE

ROSIE LOTTALOVE

SARITA

TAYLOR WILDE

VELVET SKY

NON-WRESTLERS

CHELSEA

CHRISTY HEMME

DON WEST

ERIC BISCHOFF

HECTOR GUERRERO

HULK HOGAN

JEREMY BORASH

PAUL HEYMAN

MIKE TENAY

MISS TESSMACHER

SO CAL VAL

TAZ

WILLIE URBINA

Power Metal I hear ya say....

Try...

Hammerfall, Nightwish, and Rhapsody. Of the top of my head, they are the good ones.

EDIT: After flicking through wikipedia and jogging my memory, I'd say check out...

Altaria, Angra, Blind Guardian (they are an acquired taste), Gamma Ray, Helloween, Kamelot,

Edited by Kid Britain

TNA iMPACT!

July 15th 2010

1 - After a recap of the events from Victory Road, Mike Tenay and Taz reveal this month's Top Ten rankings. Immediately upon being announced as the new No. 1 Contender, 'The Monster' Abyss makes his way to the ring accompanied by 'Janice.'

Guest The Trooper

Right, basically I'm looking for any kind of recommendations music-wise. My music taste can't really be defined, because I pretty much like anything.

Haha, I'm actually already a fan of Avenged Sevenfold, Alice in Chains, Anthrax, Metallica and the Beasties.

As I say, It's not because I haven't heard of, or even dislike the bands, it's just because I've always downloaded music, or got my fixes from Music Channels. I have only recently started to actually buy albums.

RATM and Soundgarden, I haven't really give them a listen. They're next on the list, chief. (Y)

Erm, for intelligent hip-hop (some of which EBG mentioned) try Talib Kweli, Mos Def, MF DOOM, Common, Sway, A Tribe Called Quest, De la Soul, Kano, Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim and Ludacris (not the most politcal rapper, but he brings fun back to hip-hop, as opposed to gangsta posturing).

For hip-hop, try Dialect or Saul Williams. They're what comes to mind when I think "intelligent rap/hip hop".

For punk, you say you want something that sounds like a modern Buzzcocks, so you can't go far wrong with the Exploding Hearts, who fit that definition almost to the tee, especially the song "Making Teenage Faces". Other than that, I'm assuming you're aware of the more "classic" stuff like The Ramones, Stooges, New York Dolls et al.

Just got through listening to Hammerfall. Hot damn, that was a good listening session. I've just ordered the Crimson Thunder, Renegade, Legacy of King's, and Glory to the Brave albums. Me likey very muchos. I'd just like to point out that I'm not a complete newbie when it comes to music, I just don't have a large album collection, which is about to change.

Finished with Nightwish. Not impressed, to be honest. Next on the agenda: Rhapsody.

Edit: Scratch that. I heard some of the stuff off the "Once" album and I've decided to get that.

Edited by Nefarious

Once is a good album. Glad you enjoyed Hammerfall.

Punk. I want to get in to some "real" punk music. A modern style of the Buzzcocks, say. This rules out Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance absolutely.

Heed Skumfrog's advice with the Exploding Heart's, they were actually going to be the first band I was going to suggest. Unfortunately they no longer exist due to a bus crash that killed most of if not the whole band (I'm not sure of which). One band that was around during the Buzzcocks era that you might enjoy are the Boys, they have that similar power pop quality, much like the Buzzcocks.

On top of that you might enjoy the Undertones, who are also in a similar vein with the power pop label. I'm not the best authority on their music, but they seem to be a decent pop punk group.

The Cigarettes are great if you can find their music. Look for the double disc album "Are Bad For Your Health". Get it? The Cigarettes..."Are Bad For Your Health"? Haha. Nevermind. Either way, great band, a favorite of mine.

The Gears are somewhat poppy, LA punk from the 80s. I say somewhat poppy because some of it has that pop element, but a lot is also just straight up grimey rock and roll. These guys are great and easy to find anywhere on the net if you're looking to purchase their album. "Rockin' At Ground Zero" is a severly underrated album.

"Dance" music. Although I wouldn't call this stuff Dance, perhaps more "Industrial," I like the kind of sounds off the Matrix soundtrack. The fight scenes, the high adrenaline kind of ass kicking tunes. I don't want the shit "MC Schnazzlbob" or "DJ Racoon" or whatever's popular now. The kind of stuff out of fighting movies, that you see occasionally is the sort of stuff I'd like.

Skummy has the right idea with Saul Williams for intelligent rap.

Power Metal I'd recommend some Three Inches Of Blood, Hammerfall, Turisas, Primal Fear, Finntroll, Ensiferum and try Viking Skull, although they're not strictly Power Metal, more...Party Metal?

Give Sunny Day Real Estate a go for the 'emo', although I'm not sure that's what you're looking for really.

Oh yeah, emo;

Death Cab For Cutie

Sunny Day Real Estate

The Get Up Kids

Fuck it...I posted this all in a thread not that long ago (Good emo bands);

Death Cab For Cutie, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Get Up Kids, Alkaline Trio (I guess), The Headlights, The Postal Service, Funeral For A Friend, Jack's Mannequin, Electric President, Silverstein, Coheed & Cambria, Alexisonfire, The Spill Canvas, Something Corporate, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Hellogoodbye, Angels & Airwaves, Thrice, brand new, Matchbook Romance, Maserati (Instrumental), Pedro The Lion, Headphones (PTL sde-project), Bright Eyes (I'm starting to get into his older stuff, still not a fan though), Sunset Valley, Modest Mouse, Dntel, All-Time Quaterback (I'm desperately trying to find the full album)......I'm all out for now.
Edited by YI