Horror movies these days fucking suck.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that subject, what was Jason's motives behind the insane murders of everyone he came across?

He was allowed to drown while camp counselors fucked, drank, and smoked.

He witnessed some girl behead his mother.

He's fucking insane.

Ah. So the traditional 'We can't think of a plausible way to make him a killer, so let's just say he's insane', then?

I think dieing and then seeing your mother beheaded is pretty plausible.

Im not sure whether this falls under a Horror or a Sci-Fi, but i always found Event Horizion oddly interesting. It was laid out, scripted like a typical horror movie but it utlized gore reasonably and had a real mind bending story plot.

Edited by Face Turn!~

Guest muddatrucker

Its an overrated film, got too much hype that it couldn't live up to in my opinion, thats not the fault of the actual film rather than the ban and the way the media and religions took it.

The only part I laughed was the 'your mother sucks cock in hell' if only because its a good insult.

I don't think horror films should be that plot heavy. They need a plot, obviously, but if you want a scary movie with a plot, go see a psychological thriller or something. Horror movies, to me, is about grossing you out with gore (duh).

Guest muddatrucker

Agreed. Especially the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. People who talk about the movie like it's just another schlocky horror flick usually haven't seen it. If they did, they'd know that it's as deep and psychologically intense a film as has ever been made. It goes beyond scary and into the realm of disturbing. It's the kind of thing that wriggles into your brain and lays eggs there. Anyone who can sit through the scene where Leatherface pops out of a hidden door, clubs that kid like a baby seal, and makes off with his corpse in a five second span without jumping is a better man than I.

Guest Bluesman

Agreed. Especially the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. People who talk about the movie like it's just another schlocky horror flick usually haven't seen it. If they did, they'd know that it's as deep and psychologically intense a film as has ever been made. It goes beyond scary and into the realm of disturbing. It's the kind of thing that wriggles into your brain and lays eggs there. Anyone who can sit through the scene where Leatherface pops out of a hidden door, clubs that kid like a baby seal, and makes off with his corpse in a five second span without jumping is a better man than I.

I saw the film the first time it made it to UK TV, I'm not sure how old I was at the time but it was a good few years ago, either way it'd been hyped like hell, the scariest movie ever, based on a true story, banned for years. There was alot of expectation there and to me it didn't hit the spot, I sat up waiting to watch it and waiting to soil my tighty whiteys but it didn't happen, it was laughable, I LAUGHED at the part with the sliding door and sledgehammer shot to the head followed by the twitching, its the only part anybody spoke about the next day and it was hilarious.

The grandpa sucking up energy was pathetic too, all in all it was over hyped crap, I haven't seen the remake but I imagine it'd be better.

No, that's bullshit. Horror movies are supposed to scare you. That's the definition of horror. The original Night Of The Living Dead. The Birds. Day Of The Triffids. The Thing From Outer Space. I don't think anyone can deny that they're horror movies, but they're not gory at all.

There's a difference between a horror movie and a slasher flick, people.