WWE Smackdown - After Judgement Day

ONO

World Heavyweight Title - Solitary Confinement

Rey Mysterio © Vs Mark Henry Vs Kurt Angle Vs Booker T Vs Lashley Vs Batista

Rey will beat the odds once again, no one else has enough momentum in my opinion.

The Great Khali w/ Daivari Vs The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer

No Brainer, Taker can't lose twice to Khali.

WWE Tag Team Titles

Brian Kendrick & Paul London © Vs Gunner Scott & Orlando Jordan

GS and OJ will make good champions, but not just yet.

Joey Mercury Vs Johnny Nitro

Seems to be the most talented of the two and would be better the one pushed as a singles wrestler.

Street Fight

Finlay Vs Mark Copani

Copani because he'd look weak if he lost so soon after returing.

WWE United States Title

JBL © Vs The Enforcer Doug Basham

If JBL wins, Theodore Long is fired as General Manager. If Doug Basham wins, JBL must be Theodore Long's assistant.

Basham shouldnt win the belt just yet, and I cant imagine what TLO could do to JBL, I'd rather see a new GM.

WWE Cruiserweight Title - Elimination

Gregory Helms © Vs Matt Hardy Vs Scotty 2 Hotty Vs Jamie Noble

Helms is having a good run as CW champ and it should continue, Scotty eliminated first then Noble and finally Hardy by cheating or something.

Good Smackdown! leading up to the PPV and I look forward to the show. Keep up the good work. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- With McMahon at the helm, I don't picture Mysterio holding onto the belt much longer, which is why I'm predicting a Booker win.

- Undertaker is just returning. It would be stupid to have Khali kill him again.

WWE Tag Team Titles

- With the push they've been getting, Scott and OJ have a lot of momentum going into this match.

- Complete guess, but I'd rather Mercury win.

Street Fight

Finlay Vs Mark Copani

- I'd highly despise another god-push for Hassan/Copani.

WWE United States Title

If JBL wins, Theodore Long is fired as General Manager. If Doug Basham wins, JBL must be Theodore Long's assistant.

- As much as I love Long as the GM, I don't see Basham as a viable US Title contender yet. I think Long will get the boot.

- With the heat that Noble and Helms have had, it's obvious that they will be the final two, with Noble coming out on top.

Edited by jfazoli000

I can just see Mysterio retaining here. No one else fits the bill as champion, except for the returning Batista. But maybe you should build Batista up a bit more before giving him the title back.

It's his return match, and unless you want to make Undertaker look like a pussy, I suggest Taker taking the win and then a rematch at the next PPV.

WWE Tag Team Titles

Scott and Jordan haven't been built up enough yet. Unless you plan a surprise cheating victory from OJ and GS, I think London and Kendrick will take it.

It all depends on which one you want to push. I'd go for Mercury, which is why I could see you giving him the win.

Street Fight

Finlay Vs Mark Copani

Veteran vs Rookie feud. Rookie always takes the first win.

WWE United States Title

Basham will take the win, JBL will have to be Long's bitch for a couple weeks before he snaps and goes crazy on Long.

Just a gut feeling.

Sorry about the lack of updates, and everything, guys. I have two politics exams this afternoon, and that has took up the majority of my time this week. I'll start working on Confinement tonight.

Once again, sorry.

Guest mr_raw_13

i know my sig says RAW rules and smackdown sucks but m8...u deserve 2 b on the WWE booking team u would take smackdown to the top i love this diary i have stored it in my favourites so i can keep checking it i love evrything about it.

**hint to anyone doing anything with E-C-W make a heel team of rhino and sabu they blend well apparantly on my RAW game have heyman manage them though due to lsck of charisma**

back to diary it rocks m8! well done get ur exams done and give us one hell of a diary again :):)

WWE Smackdown Presents CONFINEMENT

The pyros blast off, the crowd go wild, and it means one thing; we are live at WWE Smackdown - Confinement. The camera pans the arena, setting the scene for the pay-per-view. Michael Cole and Tazz talk for numerous minutes, running down the card. Cole is keen to point out that once again, the odds are up against World Heavyweight champion Rey Mysterio. Tazz believes Rey has absolutely no chance in retaining. Cole and Tazz talk about the other matches. Cole believes that new-comer Mark Copani will have to pull out an ace of spades tonight to defeat the Irish bastard.

WWE Tag Team Championship

Brian Kendrick & Paul London Vs Orlando Jordan and Gunner Scott

Both teams started off in the ring. London drops Jordan to the canvas with a nice drop-toe-hold. Gunner goes for London, but is pulled off by Kendrick. Kendrick and London get the early offence, before the referee breaks it up. Jordan locks up with Kendrick, and drives him hard into the turnbuckle padding. The referee breaks the commotion up, Kendrick jumps up onto the second rope, and dives off, hitting Jordan with a splash for a two count. The momentum changes, numerous times. Gunner Scott delivers a hard placed dropkick, to the back of London's head, and he flies over the top rope. Brawling on the outside, we seen it all here. Orlando delivered a beautiful powerbomb, but could only manage a two count. Both teams used double team moves. Orlando and Scott went for a double clothesline, but London and Kendrick ducked, came off the ropes and hit tilt-o-ware hurricanrannas. Both teams are split up, again. Orlando squares off with Kendrick, again. Orlando delivers a swift punch to the testicles, and rolls Kendrick up, but London manages to break the hold up. Gunner Scott sneaks in, and delivers a clothesline to London, which ends up with both men on the outside. London goes for a tag title, Orlando is distracted. Orlando turns round, and walks straight into a roll up.

Winners via pinfall - Brian Kendrick & Paul London

Overall Rating = 68%

Crowd Reaction = 65%

Match quality = 82%

Kendrick and London leave the ring with their titles in the air. Jordan and Scott are furious. Scott and Orlando chase after the tag team champions.

Cole and Tazz talk about the previous match. Cole says that Gunner Scott and Orlando Jordan deserve everything they get, due to their blatant cheating over the past few weeks.

Mark Henry is arriving backstage. He is followed by numerous physios who shout that Henry is in the best possible condition, and is at the peak of his career. Henry walks on, breathing heavily, and looking hyped.

65%

WWE Cruiserweight Title

Gregory Helms © Vs Matt Hardy Vs Jamie Noble Vs Scotty 2 Hotty

A fast paced contest, with some excellent counters. Helms was taken by surprise with a sunset flip early on, he managed to wriggle his way out of the pinfall. Helms hopped up, delivered a stomp, and fell back to the canvas with a hard elbow drop onto the chest of Matt Hardy. Hardy was particularly interested in taking out Cruiserweight champion; Gregory Helms. The match had it all. It was fast paced, interesting and a new dynamic to the term "cruiserweight". Elimination one, came when Scotty jumped over the ropes, over Noble who previously fell to the canvas to guard himself, Scotty jumped straight into a twist-of-fate from Matt Hardy for the three count.

Elimination one - Scotty 2 Hotty is eliminated by Matt Hardy

Noble works on the leg of Gregory Helms. Noble drags Helms into the middle of the ring, and applies a figure four leg lock. Helms wriths in pain. Helms turns over onto his stomach, and sensationally reverses the hold. Hardy retreats to the outside, and slides back into the ring with the Cruiserweight title. Hardy taunts both men, with the title in his hands. Helms goes for a clothesline, but Hardy ducks and Helms goes over the top rope. Hardy delivers a kick to the gut. The crowd go wild, as Hardy raises his arm in the air, sticks out his tongue and poses for the upcoming twist-of-fate. Out of no where, Noble hits a neat fisherman suplex, for a surprise elimination.

Elimination two - Matt Hardy is eliminated by Jamie Noble

Hardy is forced backstage by referees and backstage crew. He can't believe his loss. Noble, directs his attention to the Cruiserweight champion, as he has now descended onto the apron. Noble places a european upper-cut, and Helms slouches off the apron, onto the outside. Noble tumbles out of the ring, and places several kicks to the face. A cup of beer flies out of no where, hitting Noble on the shoulder. Noble rams Helms' head off the steel steps, and rolls him back into the ring. COVER..but he only gets a two count. Legdrop, and again Noble only manages a 2 count. Noble delivers an elbow drop, again, for a two count. Noble picks up Helms, and delivers a small package, again for a two count. Helms is now prone, against the ropes, Noble delivers a stiff kick. Helms falls back, Noble covers, and AGAIN, only manages a two count. Noble just can't seem to finish off the Cruiserweight champion, at all. Helms manages to gain some momentum with a few well-placed moves. Helms goes off the ropes, and attempts a bulldog, but Noble hits a backdrop, followed by a cover, for the three count.

Winner via pinfall and NEW WWE Cruiswerweight champion - Jamie Noble

Overall Rating = 84%

Crowd reaction = 69%

Match quality = 100%

The camera went backstage where Mark Copani was sitting, remotely silent in his lockerroom, a leadpipe in hand. He had finished getting ready for his upcoming match against Finlay, and it was time to put some last minute thoughts to rest.

56%

Theodore Long was also backstage, in his office with The Enforcer - Doug Basham. Basham was equipped with a nightstick.

Basham - Don't worry about it Teddy, you know the score, I know the score, and after tonight JBL will be no MORE!

Theodore Long - I feel ya playa, but you can't take this guy for granted! I know that for sure dawg.

Basham - Look, Teddy, please. I'm a highly trained professional, and I've seen it and done it all. I've came across the lowest form of the low, and JBL is nothing surprising. Don't you worry..DAWG. Its my honourable duty, as the officer of Smackdown, to win the United States title, and banish JOHN. BRADSHAW. LAYFIELD. for good.

72%

Street Fight

Finlay Vs Mark Copani

Copani hails himself as the Italian Stalion. He came to the ring in fiery red trunks, accompanied with his leadpipe. He took his game to Finlay, and it wasn't long before both men had spilled onto the outside. This match was brutal, from the very on-slaught. Finlay was desperate to give a beating to the cocky Italian, and he laid into him with lefts-and-rights. Copani slouched against the turnbuckle, but fought back, with his own lefts-and-rights. They both beat the living daylight out of each other. Copani dragged Finlay round ringside, and used every foreign object to his advantage. Finlay choked Copani with wire, and drove his head onto the barricade, before visciously destroyed the back of the new-comer with a baseball bat. Copani crawled away on his knees, begging for forgiveness and mercy. Finlay laughed, bellowing out his Irish laugh. Copani had managed to crawl round to the opposite side of the ring. Finlay stomped over, grabbed Copani by the hair and dragged him up. Out of no where, a white mist appeared, and Finlay staggered back, coughing and spluttering. Copani released a trash can from the under ring, and planted it squarely onto Finlay's head.

The match ended up with both men bleeding, profusely. The carnage didn't go past the 15 minute mark. Copani managed to gain the momentum, and delivered a powerbomb which directed Finlay into the unforgiving steel steps. Copani managed to roll the Irishman into the ring, before dropping tiredly onto Finlay's motionless body for the cover.

Winner via pinfall - Mark Copani

Overall ating = 52%

Crowd reaction = 49%

Match quality = 55%

Johnny Nitro - Babe, its all cool. I carried the damn team.

The arena rang out with a cry of boos as Johnny Nitro and Melina arrived at the arena.

Melina - Look..BABE. I know you did, but tonight, he COULD have something planned!

Johnny Nitro - Heh, like what? sneered Nitro.

Melina - You bloody tell me! Just be careful, alright? I'll be at ringside.

Johnny Nitro - Look, Melina, chill out. Its all cool.

Melina - I'll get something planned. Trust me.

Johnny Nitro - Cancel it, I'm going to punk him out once and for all.

NOBODY CAN DEFEAT THE GREAT KHALI!

The Great Khali towered over Shawn Daivari backstage. Daivari was equipped with a microphone, and an expression of contempt was painted over his face.

Daivari - And you can tell The Undertaker, and Paul Bearer, that tonight, The Great Khali is going to walk all over both of these idiots. For you must be an idiot, to believe you can defeat the greatest superstar in wrestling history; THE GREAT KHALI! So, come on 'Taker, bring everything that you have, bring it all. I demand you bring it all, and just like a few weeks ago on Smackdown, The Great Khali will CLAW away at your very being.

56%

Johnny Nitro w/ Melina Vs Joey Mercury

The tension inside the squared circle was immense. These men now detested each other. Mercury couldn't wait to get at Nitro, who had sadistically betrayed him at Judgement Day. They both hooked up and it was Nitro who took control of the contest early on. A shoulder block placed Mercury onto the canvas. Nitro was delighted, and started to wipe his hands clean, as the crowd booed in the background. Melina clapped with ecstacy. A spinning sweep kick took Nitro to the canvas, and it was Mercury in control now. Mercury came off the ropes, elbow to the head, off the ropes again and hit a dropkick. Mercury locked in a knee-lock, but Nitro rolled over, and reversed the hold into a pinfall; but he only managed a two count. Tie-up again, and Nitro floated over Mercury, a beautiful snap suplex. Both men couldn't be seperated, club after club, punch after punch, and Melina was literally close to tearing her hair out. Melina hopped up onto the apron, with her boobs practically hanging out of her chest. Mercury looked round, Nitro went for a german suplex, but Mercury managed to lock his leg round Nitro's ankle. An elbow to the head was followed up with a virginia-necktie for the three count.

Winner via pinfall - Joey Mercury

Overall rating = 71%

Crowd reaction = 67%

Match quality = 75%

Nitro was furious with his loss. Melina couldn't believe it either. Nitro stormed off, leaving Melina alone in the ring.

A tall, starky figure perched up alongside Josh Matthews. The gold United States title hung loosely over his left shoulder. He peered down, removed the microphone from Matthews' hand and began to speak.

John Bradshaw Layfield - Theodore..or Teddy, or whatever hell you like to call yarself these days. You've stuck that long, non-business nose in MY business for too damn long, and tonight...well, tonight is the night I finally do the Smackdown lockerroom justice, and remove you from your dictatorship. I didn't win a WWE championship without overcoming people like you. Your smarmy ways, cocky attitude, and "I'm just untouchable" behaviour, is enough to drive any wrestler to an early grave. But I'm no ordinary wrestler! Ya see, Teddy, you can call in Basham number one, two, three, four, or five, I don't give a crap if their name is Danny, Doug, Dominic, Delila or Doofus, I'll still beat them..with EASE, and that is why I am called a wrestlinggggggg GOD, and why you'll be out of a job you silly-little-man.

88%

A promo aired hyping up the Solitary-Confinement contest

We went to the World Heavyweight champions lockerroom. He was accompanied with Chavo Guerrero. Rey was sitting down, staring into the abyss, his World Heavyweight title perched neatly on his lap.

Chavo - Not to worry Rey, we all know Eddie will be looking down on you homes.

Rey - Yeah, I know Chavo, I know.

Chavo - You aint the World Heavyweight champion for no stupid reason. You're the World Heavyweight champion because YOU deserve it.

Rey - Really Chavo, I'm ok.

Chavo - What sort of a friend would I be, if I couldn't even look after one of Eddie's best friends?

Rey - Yeah, I suppose so. Really man, I appreciate it. I really do. Its just..its me against five other men.

Chavo - What is that crap coming out of your mouth, Rey Mysterio? If Eddie Guerrero was here to hear that, he'd slap you silly, and tell you to get out there and finish the damn job. It aint just you against five other men. Its you and Eddie's spirit, the spirit that lives on throughout this great crowd, the spirit that lives deep inside your veins.

With those words Rey Mysterio got up, and hugged Chavo Guerrero, before stating that he would walk out with his World Heavyweight champion intact.

82%

WWE United States Title

JBL © Vs "The Enforcer" Doug Basham

This contest had been billed as a potential match of the night. JBL had it all on the line here; his belt, his pride and his dignity. Theodore Long; had his Smackdown career on the line. JBL took charge of the contest, early on, with a belly-to-belly suplex. An elbow drop was next on JBL's arsenal. JBL dragged Basham into the middle of the ring, and then rubbed the sole of his left boot into Basham's face. Basham wiggled in pain, and jumped up, before going for a clothesline. JBL ducked, Basham went off the ropes and JBL put him to the canvas with a spinebuster. JBL is certainly pulling out all the stops tonight. JBL sends Basham into the corner, and currently, Basham has gained nothing whatsoever. A concerned Theodore Long came down to ringside. JBL laughed, whilst laying in some crude shots. JBL had the momentum, and he had Basham right where he wanted him. A neat suplex, followed up by an armlock, JBL pinned Basham, but only managed a 2 count. Basham drove his knee into the midsection, and delivered a pump-handle slam. Basham taunted JBL, and followed up with a gut-wrench suplex. A pin count, but Basham only got a one count. Basham began to pick up some pace, delivering move after move. JBL was forced to assemble himself on the outside. JBL rolled in under the bottom rope, but he met a viscious Basham. Basham laid in boot-after--boot. JBL was sent into the ropes and met a high dropkick. Theodore Long demanded that Basham pinned the United States champion. Basham covered, and again only got a one count.

JBL managed to pick up a few moves, and drove Basham chest first into the cornee. JBL hoisted Basham onto the top rope, and dived off, landing a nicely-placed top-rope backdrop. JBL had it, he certainly did. A COVER, ONE, TWO, THRE..NO! Basham managed a hand up. JBL was devestated. JBL had a cutting-edge in his attack from then on in. Basham reversed hold after hold, hit a shoulder block and followed up with a legdrop. The match went on for another good 10 minutes, with both men not getting a clear advantage over one another. JBL went for his United States title, and planted Basham perfectly on the skull with it. JBL went for the cover, but Theodore Long distracted the referee on the apron. JBL pushed Long off, and Long fell awkwardly on the outside. JBL preyed on Basham, and delivered his clothesline from hell to pick up the victory.

Winner via pinfall and STILL the WWE United States Champion - John Bradshaw Layfield

Overall rating = 73%

Crowd reaction = 72%

Match quality = 75%

Lashley was standing alongside Josh Matthews.

Josh Matthews - Hello wrestling fans, and I'm standing alongside the seemingly indestructable - Bobby Lashley Bobby, tonight is the biggest match of your young career. How are you feeling?

Lashley - Josh! Its true. Tonight IS the biggest night of my career. We all have memories. Being taking to our first baseball game, hitting our first home-run, going to the prom with the cutest girl on the block! But how many can say that they have lived their dream of winning a WWE championship? How many, can say that THEY won the WWE championship in their rookie year? How many can say they headlined a major PPV? I'll tell you, not many, but Bobby Lashley sure as hell can, and after tonight, Josh, Bobby Lashley, will be YOUR WWE World Heavyweight CHAMPION!

Josh Matthews - Inspiring words from Bobby Lashley, and strong words at that too.

61%

A video package was played highlighting the high points in The Great Khali / Undertaker feud. The video ends with a clip of The Undertaker, sitting in his lair, laughing.

63%

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer Vs The Great Khali w/ Daivari

This match WASN'T pleasant, AT ALL! Hard-hitting, gruesome, just a sheer brawl. The Undertaker came out to a magnificent, and ear-deafening reception. The Great Khali went straight at it with Taker, but Taker fought him off, and they both slugged it out. Khali was put to the ropes, went for a massive boot, but Taker dodged and delivered a clothesline to the massive chest awaiting him. Khali stumbled, but managed to stay on his feet. Taker went off the ropes again; another clothesline, and the same responce. Taker went off the ropes, AGAIN, and was met by a hiptoss from the 7'3 giant. Khali covered Taker but managed only a 2 count. Taker rose, and delivered furious lefts and rights, backing Khali into the corner in the process. Taker slapped the chest of Khali, before following up with an arm-wringer, and then a sloppy DDT. Another cover, and Taker got a one count. Taker haunted Khali. Taker wrapped his hand around Khali's neck, signialling for the chokeslam. Daivari jumped up onto the apron. Taker delivered a boot to Daivari, knocking him over past the announcers table. Taker chokeslammed Khali and went for the cover. ONE...TWO..WHAT? WHAT THE HELL? Paul Bearer hit Taker with the golden-urn. Khali managed to cover the fallen deadman..ONE..TWO..NOT LIKE THIS...THREE!

Winner via pinfall - The Great Khali

Overall rating = 71%

Crowd reaction = 75%

Match quality = 56%

The Great Khali went on a rampage; he beat down his own manager - Daivari. The Undertaker chased Khali and Bearer off. A sensational turn of events.

A video package staring each wrestler in the upcoming Solitary Confinement match was played.

"The following contest is the FIRST EVER Solitary Confinement match, and it is for the World Heavyweight Championship. Now, ladies and gentlemen, the only way to win this match is by pinfall, submission or having both feet touch the arena floor.

World Heavyweight Title - Solitary Confinement match

Rey Mysterio © Vs Kurt Angle Vs Booker T Vs Lashley Vs Mark Henry Vs Batista

It was Batista's return. Would he follow suit like Taker did earlier on in his return match? The intensity inside the arena was glorifying. The crowd went wild for Mysterio and Batista. The contest started off with all 6 men brawling. Henry and Booker went for Mysterio, but Angle and Lashley stuck up for him and all three men beat down Henry and Booker. The match consisted of teams working together. Henry managed to get an offence in on Angle, slamming him against the cage. Booker went for an axe kick early on on Mysterio, but Batista drove him into the turnbuckle at a frightening speed. Batista cleared the ring, and launched Mysterio up against the cage side. Batista went wild, and the crowd were loving it. Mysterio delivered a lowkick, Batista pushed him away, Mysterio launched himself under Batista's legs and jumped up onto his back, going for a backcracker, but Batista swung him round his shoulders and hit a samoan drop.

All 6 men had decent chances to win the contest. Angle had his ankle lock in on Booker, but Henry went off the ropes and hit a splash onto Booker, breaking the hold up. It was each man for themselves. Mysterio climbed halfway up, but he was interrupted by Lashley. Mysterio jumped off, and landed lovely on top of Lashley. The first shed of blood was spilled. Angle was squashed between the cage and Mark Henry. Lashley went for a spear, but Batista dodged the incoming assault, and Lashley ate the cage steel, Lashley fell back, and right into an Angle Slam, but the pinfall was broke up.

It was sheer carnage, and between it all was Rey Mysterio. Mysterio jumped halfway off the cage, attempting a hurricanranna, he landed on Batista's shoulders, but Batista drove him straight to the mat with a lovely powerbomb. The ring was filled with fallen superstars. Mark Henry had been taken out by an axe kick from Booker T. Booker had been taken out by a fallaway slam from the top rope by Lashley. Lashley had been decimated by Batista, and Angle was busted open in the corner. Batista, seeing his chance, started to climb the cage..halfway there..he continued climbing, nobody could stop the big man from reclaiming his World Heavyweight title. The crowd errupted in a cheer of boos, many were confused and startled. Batista swung his leg over the cage..a tall figure jumped over the barricade. He climbed the cage, directly under Batista. He delivered a major punch to the cranium of Batista. Batista fell back, all the way down to the canvas. The crowd errupted in a "Holy fuck" chant. Rey Mysterio managed to drag himself over to the fallen superstar..ONE....TWO....THREE! MYSTERIO RETAINS!

Winner via pinfall and STILL World Heavyweight champion - REY MYSTERIO

Overall rating = 80%

Crowd reaction = 79%

Match quality = 75%

Kevin Nash walked up the aisle, and laughed on the ramp. Michael Cole and Tazz couldn't believe it, nobody could. Kevin Nash had just cost Batista the World Heavyweight championship.

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest mr_raw_13

gr8 show buddy full of twists and suprises. i was on edge of my seat reading it :D and i am interested in where the batista/nash things going...cant believe rey retained tho im interested in where thats going. also im curious as to who will be the new GM now Long will be fired? you got yourself a fan m8 :D:D

WWE News & Notes

Confinement was a huge success. It brought in the following revenue:

We got a 1.46 buy rate for 'Confinement'!

The attendance was 16572 people.

We made $3650000 from pay-per-view revenue.

We made $994320 from ticket sales.

- The Smackdown wrestlers were extremely happy with how Confinement was perceived.

- Bobby Lashley was very impressive in the Solitary Confinement match. Word has it that management is now rooting for Lashley.

- Mark Henry also had a good night. Henry sold well, and it just goes to show you that with the right people around him; Henry can be a decent proposition. It seems as if management may be pushing Henry, EVEN further.

- It seems as if Kevin Nash will be working a programme with Batista. We don't know exactly how long this will go on for, but word has if that Nash only has a 6 month contract, with the option of a 6 month extension afterwards.

- Mark Copani, formally known as Muhammad Hassan, will be playing an Italian gangster character. Copani looked in good condition in his match with Finlay.

- Vince McMahon is extremely proud with the ratings, among other things headlining the Smackdown brand.

Guest mr_raw_13

o yeh The Enforcer would be awsome...however i would see him as the GMs assistant basically taking care of the superstars who the GM would have a problem...Bring in Bret Hart for GM lol :D:D:D:D:D

Friday Night Smackdown Preview

30th June, 2006.

We come off the back of an explosive Confinement PPV. Rey Mysterio managed to overcome 5 massive hurdles, in order to retain his World Heavyweight title, but the finish was surrounded by much controversy. Former WWE wrestler Kevin Nash seemed to jump over the barricade, it was later visible that Nash had been in the crowd all night, and was stalking his prey. Nash infamously climbed the cage, before dropping Batista to the canvas below. Batista was attended by EMT's, and directly on Friday Night Smackdown; we will have an update on his condition. We will also have word from the attacker himself, as Kevin Nash will explain his actions as he will be interviewed by Smackdown's one and only Michael Cole.

JBL managed to defeat The Enforcer Doug Basham at Confinement, which led to the removal of Theodore Long as General Manager of Smackdown. Will we have any further dealings with Long before he leaves?

In Smackdown's main event, Rey Mysterio will go up against Joey Mercury for the World Heavyweight title.

Confirmed matches

William Regal Vs Matt Hardy

Tatanka Vs Booker T

The Great Khali w/ Paul Bearer Vs Road Warrior

Rey Mysterio Vs Joey Mercury

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest mr_raw_13

i beg you not to put JBL as GM lol i really do not like JBL. i don't know why i just dislike the guy he is mediocre on the mic and sucks in the ring. preview looks good :D

Guest Gavin

Man I love this diary. Keep it up.

I'm not too sure on Mercury V Mysterio on upcoming Smackdown though. I'll have to wait and see. Nitro will no doubt cost him the title.

Ok, whilst I do appreciate the positive comments, I'd like to read more degradation so to speak. Don't be afraid to rip into the thing. Tell me why you dislike it, what could I improve, how I could improve it.

I want to read that sort of thing as well, not just "lol gr8 show m8".

Edited by Lost Soul

Friday Night Smackdown Results

June 30th, 2006.

Smackdown kicked off with an introduction from JBL. JBL had a smug look on his face, his United States title on his shoulder, and the satisfaction of knowing that Theodore Long was no more. JBL ranted and raved about the fact that he was the only superstar that had the audacity of defeating the tyrant known as Theodore Long. JBL stated that Doug Basham was nothing but a last minute attempt to stay in power, and that Teddy Long really had scrapped the bottom of the barrell. JBL said that Theodore Long should stay down at the bottom, where he belonged, otherwise he may need to put him BACK down again. JBL said that in an act of goodwill, he'd defend his United States title against anyone. The challange was accepted by Palmer Canon.

WWE United States title

JBL © Vs Palmer Canon

Not a bad match. JBL underestimated the young Palmer Canon, greatly. Canon delivered a gutwrench suplex, early on, to take JBL to the canvas. A cover up only managed a one young. Canon delivered stiff shoulder shots, and backed JBl into the corner. An irish whip was followed up by a clothesline and then an atomic drop. Canon went for the rollup, but JBL reversed it, pushed Canon into the ropes, and hit his clothesline from hell for the victory.

Winner via pinfall and STILL WWE United States champion - JBL

Overall rating = 56%

Crowd reaction = 64%

Match quality = 63%

******COMMERCIAL*******

William Regal Vs Matt Hardy

A decent hook up. Regal and Hardy blended well together. Regal manipulated the situation various times, using the ropes to try and garner a win against Hardy. Hardy was having none of it, and didn't give Regal time to think, bouncing off the ropes. Hardy delivered a reverse snapmare, and followed up with a dropkick to the back. Regal went for a wild swing, and Hardy came off with a swinging neckbreaker. Regal rolled out of the ring, and went for a chair. He swung, Hardy ducked, and hit a diving face buster for the three count.

Winner via pinfall - Matt Hardy

Overall rating = 76%

Crowd reaction = 79%

Match quality = 91%

A clip was shown of Rey Mysterio arriving to the arena. Rey smiled, and shook the hands of various backstage personnel. He thanked everyone for their support.

******COMMERCIAL******

Two chairs were placed in the ring. Michael Cole was standing, with a microphone in hand. He talked about Confinement, and then welcomed out Kevin Nash. Nash was booed, heavily by the crowd. The interview was pretty decent. Cole was interested in why Nash had returned, like we all were, anyway. Nash said that he was here for a purpose, and that purpose was to beat the living shit out of Batista. Apparantly, Batista is the most overrated big guy in the history of wrestling, and Nash was sent here to prove a point, not just to Batista, but to everyone on the roster. It didn't take long before Batista had assembled his way down to ringside. Nash slid under the bottom rope, avoiding a confrontation.

71%

*****COMMERCIAL******

The Enforcer Doug Basham was standing backstage with a coffee. He chewed endlessly on his piece of gum, whilst randomly taking swigs of his coffee. Basham was interrupted by Gunner Scott and Orlando Jordan. Gunner and Orlando asked Basham for a favour. Basham said that every job had a price. Gunner and Orlando passed Basham $100. Basham smirked, and said business would be taken care of.

64%

Tatanka Vs Booker T

A squash, simple as. Booker controlled the match, that was it. Tatanka managed a punching contest with Booker, but Booker took the vetern back to school, so to speak. Booker ended the match with a high leg lariat.

Winner via pinfall - Booker T

Overall rating = 64%

Crowd reaction = 73%

Match quality = 72%

Vince McMahon was having it out with Theodore Long in his office. Long looked terrible. Long said that JBL had defied him MANY times in his career as General Manager. Theodore asked for another chance. McMahon said "NO!", simple as that. Long pleaded, but again McMahon expressed his sincere feelings by stating "no!". McMahon said he already had someone lined up for the role, and that they would be unveiled next week. Long's face was painted with sourness. Long said that McMahon would regret his decision, greatly.

78%

******COMMERCIAL******

A video was played of the Undertaker Vs Great Khali confrontation at Confinement.

76%

A video was played hyping up The Great American Bash. This years Bash will be held on the 30th July.

71%

******COMMERCIAL******

The Great Khali w/ Paul Bearer Vs Road Warrior

Another squash. The crowd booed Bearer out of the building. Bearer waddled behind The Great Khali. An unlikely relationship. Bearer was accompained with the golden urn. The Great Khali was extremely sloppy in this contest. The Great Khali no-sold everything that Road Warrior threw at him. The Great Khali ended the madness with a chop.

Winner via pinfall - The Great Khali

Overall rating = 59%

Crowd reaction = 62%

Match quality = 72%

After the match Daivari came down and demanded an explanation from Bearer, since The Great Khali only seems to shout. Bearer screeched that The Undertaker had created nothing but misery for him over the past year. Bearer said he had to go through endless pain and surgeries. Daivari wasn't having any of end. The lights dimmed, and out came The Undertaker. Taker cleared the ring, chokeslamming both Bearer and Daivari. The Great Khali and The Undertaker stared down, dramatically as Smackdown went to the last break of the night.

******COMMERCIAL******

World Heavyweight Title

Rey Mysterio © Vs Joey Mercury

A fantastic match. Both guys hooked up well, exchanging moves and holds. Mysterio had a burning flame inside him throughout the match. Johnny Nitro came down to ringside, looking innocent. He didn't, however, do anything. He stood at ringside, watching his former tag partner. Mercury and Mysterio went at it. Mysterio went for a moonsault, but Mercury rolled out of the way, and covered him for a 1 count. Mercury delivered swift knee attacks to Mysterio's back, before lifting him up and hitting a side-walk-slam for another 1 count. The finish came went Mercury went for a hiptoss. Mysterio managed to stop Mercury from hitting it, before hitting his own hiptoss, and he followed up with a springboard legdrop.

Winner via pinfall and STILL World Heavyweight champion Rey Mysterio.

Overall rating = 72%

Crowd reaction = 78%

Match quality = 82%

Johnny Nitro smirked. The crowd were expecting Nitro to do SOMETHING. Nitro walked up the ramp, smirked again at the camera and left, leaving a bizzare look on Mercury's face.

Edited by Lost Soul

I don't understand the Palmer Cannon, JBL match. First off, we have no idea Cannon's a wrestler and second, wasn't he a heel? Why would he fight JBL for the title?

The show seemed kind of blah to me. Not much went on other than announcing a new GM next week and the Nash, Batista thing. I did like the Mercury, Rey match and I wonder what's going to happen next week. Another thing that bothers me is the absence of Lashley, Henry and Angle. All three were in the Confinment match, yet make no appearance on SmackDown!. You could've at least said they were suffering injuries or something.

I don't understand the Palmer Cannon, JBL match. First off, we have no idea Cannon's a wrestler and second, wasn't he a heel? Why would he fight JBL for the title?

The show seemed kind of blah to me. Not much went on other than announcing a new GM next week and the Nash, Batista thing. I did like the Mercury, Rey match and I wonder what's going to happen next week. Another thing that bothers me is the absence of Lashley, Henry and Angle. All three were in the Confinment match, yet make no appearance on SmackDown!. You could've at least said they were suffering injuries or something.

Confinement - Overall a brilliant PPV. Jamie Noble getting a push is good, although I'm not sure how a live crowd would've reacted to 2 heels at the end of the match. I know its being booked by Vince... but surely Hardy deserves better? Didn't like Khai winning, I know its the Vince thing again as he apparently loves the big guys, but yeuch. I dont particularly like Bearer, So I'm no fan of the Bearer/Khali alliance at all. Where does this leave Daviari? Further Lashley pushing is cool. Now the main event... Rey won as I predicted, however even though I'm happy to see Nash, I didn't like the fact that Rey retained because of him. I woulda had Nash take Batista out of the match earlier and Rey pin someone else.

Smackdown! - Palmar Canon was random, but the WWE do that sometimes so thats ok, and its good your actually using him. Hardy beats Regal, hopefully means Hardy will do something useful soon, although I'd quite like Regal to have some importance. Even though like both Nash and Batista, a program between the two doesn't apeal to me AT ALL. However I'll see how it plays out and give you the benefit of the doubt, because your booking has been solid so far. Basham is interesting, but overall an un eventuful Smackdown! which is fair enough considering you were resting some stars.

I have 2 problems with your booking however.

1) Random title shots. Mainly with the World Title, Mysterio defends the belt almost every show. Fair enough it makes him a strong champion and willing to fight anyone. But what the hell did Mercury do to deserve a title shot? Also, maybe this is my mistake, but I thought Mercury was the face as opposed to Nitro being the heel, so shouldn't Nitro have fought Rey? Either way, this match would have been fine as a Non-Title match. This brings me to my next point.

2) Alignment Confusment. This was something that bothered me at the start of the diary, then seemed to be put right. Looks like its becoming a problem again. Just looking at the most recent show. The Mercury/Nitro thing I just mentioned, Khali vs Animal, who I thought were both heels, Canon vs JBL who I also thought were both heels, Basham doing work for OJ and GS when I thought he was a face, although I'll let that one slide because it may just be leading to Basham becoming a heel. And then Regal vs Hardy, which seems fine and Regal should be a heel, but then I remember a few shows back Regal fought Henry who is definitly a heel.

Sorry to ramble on so much, but yeh you wanted it to be ripped into, so there you go :P

On a positive note, I am still really enjoying reading this diary, so keep up the good work :)

Confinement - Overall a brilliant PPV. Jamie Noble getting a push is good, although I'm not sure how a live crowd would've reacted to 2 heels at the end of the match. I know its being booked by Vince... but surely Hardy deserves better? Didn't like Khai winning, I know its the Vince thing again as he apparently loves the big guys, but yeuch. I dont particularly like Bearer, So I'm no fan of the Bearer/Khali alliance at all. Where does this leave Daviari? Further Lashley pushing is cool. Now the main event... Rey won as I predicted, however even though I'm happy to see Nash, I didn't like the fact that Rey retained because of him. I woulda had Nash take Batista out of the match earlier and Rey pin someone else.

Smackdown! - Palmar Canon was random, but the WWE do that sometimes so thats ok, and its good your actually using him. Hardy beats Regal, hopefully means Hardy will do something useful soon, although I'd quite like Regal to have some importance. Even though like both Nash and Batista, a program between the two doesn't apeal to me AT ALL. However I'll see how it plays out and give you the benefit of the doubt, because your booking has been solid so far. Basham is interesting, but overall an un eventuful Smackdown! which is fair enough considering you were resting some stars.

I have 2 problems with your booking however.

1) Random title shots. Mainly with the World Title, Mysterio defends the belt almost every show. Fair enough it makes him a strong champion and willing to fight anyone. But what the hell did Mercury do to deserve a title shot? Also, maybe this is my mistake, but I thought Mercury was the face as opposed to Nitro being the heel, so shouldn't Nitro have fought Rey? Either way, this match would have been fine as a Non-Title match. This brings me to my next point.

2) Alignment Confusment. This was something that bothered me at the start of the diary, then seemed to be put right. Looks like its becoming a problem again. Just looking at the most recent show. The Mercury/Nitro thing I just mentioned, Khali vs Animal, who I thought were both heels, Canon vs JBL who I also thought were both heels, Basham doing work for OJ and GS when I thought he was a face, although I'll let that one slide because it may just be leading to Basham becoming a heel. And then Regal vs Hardy, which seems fine and Regal should be a heel, but then I remember a few shows back Regal fought Henry who is definitly a heel.

Sorry to ramble on so much, but yeh you wanted it to be ripped into, so there you go :P

On a positive note, I am still really enjoying reading this diary, so keep up the good work :)