Woe is a Memory Card

So yesterday I bought Viewtiful Joe and Deus Ex for my gorgeous PS2, because I haven't bought her any presents in a long time, and found them both for a fiver. So I'm playing Viewtiful Joe last night and having a whale of a time, it truly is one of the best platformers I've played in forever. I get to the point where I can save and it says that the Save failed.

So I turn off my playstation and check there's enough space on the memory card, even going as far as deleting a considerable amount of stuff so I have about 2,000 KB of memory left, when Viewtiful Joe only needs around 108 KB.

I play through again and try to save but once again I can't save, it just won't let me save.

What's wrong with my baby? :crying:

Viewtiful Joe has memory card issues. Due to it's nature as a port to the PS2, some games just never saved properly. You probably got a bum disk.

I don't think it's the game. I once got Resident Evil 4 and then all of a sudden my memory card messed up and couldn't save at all on any games. It's weird though since a few days later it worked again. I checked all the data I had (a few days before I deleted almost all of my games like you did to see if it was that) and there was a corrupted data box, then a few days later another without any problems happening.

Doesn't help solve your problem but I'm just saying, I don't think it matters on how old the game is since I got RE new.

Forgot to ask, have you tried saving on Deus Ex or does it only happen on Viewtiful Joe?

Edited by Meepus

:huh: , same thing happened to me with Splinter Cell. I went to save and it came up with save failed data corrupt, it was the first time i tried to save it so i was thinking wtf. then i tried saving it in the last slot and it was fine. Can you save it to a different profile or something.

I don't think it's the game. I once got Resident Evil 4 and then all of a sudden my memory card messed up and couldn't save at all on any games. It's weird though since a few days later it worked again. I checked all the data I had (a few days before I deleted almost all of my games like you did to see if it was that) and there was a corrupted data box, then a few days later another without any problems happening.

Doesn't help solve your problem but I'm just saying, I don't think it matters on how old the game is since I got RE new.

Forgot to ask, have you tried saving on Deus Ex or does it only happen on Viewtiful Joe?

You used a mem stick bigger then the regular 8MB didn't you