Download Festival

fourstarfizzle

God knows, a lot of people, Maynard joked about it during his set, I also got to see the one off Korn Kareoke as Jon Davies was ill. It went something like this:

1. It's On (with Jesse Hasek of 10 YEARS)

2. Falling Away From Me (with M Shadows of AVENGED SEVENFOLD)

3. Somebody Someone (with Dez Fafara of DEVILDRIVER)

4. Coming Undone (with Dez Fafara of DEVILDRIVER)

5. A.D.I.D.A.S. (with Benji Webbe of SKINDRED)

6. Clown (with Corey Taylor of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR)

7. Freak On A Leash (with Corey Taylor of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR)

8. Blind (with Matt Heafy of TRIVIUM)

I need a torrent of this.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alice in Chains were ridiculously good. Anyone else dissapointed with Stone Sour? I felt they played too many new songs making it difficult to get into.

And have Lacuna Coil always had a male vocalist? Admittedly I havent heard much by them, and only watched the set for Enjoy The Silence, but I could of sworn they never used to have a male vocalist.

Top three bands of the weekend:

1. Metallica - Just fucking epic, so tight and entertaining.

2. Guns - Yes Axl was being Axl, but at the end of the day they played for 2 and a half hours, and due to Axl's temperment, we got the full Guns N Roses experience.

3. Devil Driver - That circle pit around all of the supporting poles, just fucking wow.

And have Lacuna Coil always had a male vocalist? Admittedly I havent heard much by them, and only watched the set for Enjoy The Silence, but I could of sworn they never used to have a male vocalist.

Yeah, but he is awful, although it kinda works because he is.

Plus their cover of "Enjoy The Silence" is poor....

Skumfrog, take it back. As much as I like Gay For Johnny Depp, Deftones are fucking brilliant, especially considering they seem to fly under most people's conversation radars these days.

Eh...I've always found Deftones to be incredibly dull, even moreso now. Whereas Gay For Johnny Depp are one of very few contemporary metal bands that actually consistently entertain me.

Plus their cover of "Enjoy The Silence" is poor....

Is that the one with the lines "Words are very/unnecessary/they can only do harm" (or something similar)? If so, I thought it was alright. Admittedly, I was about a mile away in the que for the ATM, but whatever.

Yeah, it is. It is a favourite song of mine, but I've heard covers I like of it, so it isn't one where I just hate them all. Lacuna Coil's version just sees them take it, and basically do nothing inspired with it. No Use For A Name gave it a nice pop-punk twist, and Failure's acoustic version of it is really solid as well, but LC just do it, make it a little more moody sounding (...which didn't work for me, as the song is inherently pretty dark anyway) and got Scabbia to sing it. It's an alright song, just a poor cover.

And even in making it "darker", they fail to make it as dark as the original, which works like a lot of DM's stuff in being up-beat sounding, but really dark lyrically. They just kinda try and batter you over the head with the feeling in the cover version, which isn't as effective.

Edited by HGwannabe

Anyone go see Reuben? Were they any good?

In a word, Yes, and because the main stage was running late, i got to see the full sets from both them and metallica (Y)

And it wasn't the full Gun N Roses experience, it was teh Axl & The Tribute Band Experience. We'll never get the full experience again I doubt.

Very, very few people ever have got the "full Guns N Roses experience". The closest you can get to it is Hollywood Rose, and even that is sans Tracii Guns. The full Guns N Roses experience would be Axl and Tracii which, to the best of my knowledge, isn't commercially available.

It sounds elitist, but I hate it when people complain that the touring G&R isn't "the original line-up", because the original line-up wasn't touring when they released Appetite For Destruction, and no one complained then. They were even further away from the original line-up when they toured Use Your Illusion. No one complained then.

When does a band cease to be the "real thing"? Motörhead only have Lemmy of the original line-up, but no one suggests that they have no right to call themselves Motörhead any more.

I am very surprised that I find myself agreeing with skummy for a change. He more or less hit the nail on the head. Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Motorhead, Cradle of Filth, Machine Head etc. all have only one or two original members left, hell after today, Sepultera don't have any of their founding members left.

Besides, anyone with a little bit of talent can play the Guns songs exactly like Slash, Duff etc. No one can replicate Axl's voice. Besides, I saw Velvet Revolver at last years fest, and they were naff.

In my opinion, I saw Guns N Roses two nights ago, and I fucking loved it all, from Axl's tantrum to the pit for Paradise city at the end. Admittedly I was slightly worried when Axl went off for more than a few minutes, but other than that, it was fucking immense.

Anthrax just toured with the Among the Living lineup. Ok it's not the original lineup, but it's the best one. Also depending what you mean by Original, Metallica are only really down one member, and he's dead. Dave Mustaine and that other guy were out of the band before an album was recorded. They're on demos and stuff but who cares.

Megadeth I'll give you, but the current Megadeth weren't even supposed to be Megadeth, it was supposed to be Dave Mustaine + Band, but had to be called Megadeth for contractual reasons.

I don't know why I typed all that, I haven't really added anything. There's no interesting topics to read on the board at the moment so I just got carried away.

Edit:

Uploading sig.

post-50-1150311757_thumb.jpg

post-50-1150311757_thumb.jpg