Download Festival

fourstarfizzle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much Trivium (and it wasn't a weak set, it was a festival set, the new song rocks), but Bulelt they said weren't very good because the band who were on before them (Cradle of Filth maybe? Can't quite remember) were so good. I didn't really get it.

The idea is that the band that follows needs to keep the energy up in order to show their live ability and entertain the fans. Personally, I think it's crap, as each band should be taken for what they are. Not to mention whoever schedules such a band as Death Cab For Cutie after such a band as Queens of the Stone Age (which happened at this year's Sasquatch Festival in Washington State, U.S.A.) should be backhanded out of their temporary retardation.

Kerrang said Trivium and Bullet were shit? Go away.

Not so much Trivium (and it wasn't a weak set, it was a festival set, the new song rocks), but Bulelt they said weren't very good because the band who were on before them (Cradle of Filth maybe? Can't quite remember) were so good. I didn't really get it.

It was a weak Trivium performance. That's my opinion. The new song is also way too Metallica like - in my opinion - awesome, though yeah.

I wasn't actually saying Trivium and Bullet were crap. Well, Bullet were, but I really enjoyed Trivium, and much prefer Heafy, you know, singing, as opposed to barking like a dog. It was just, Kerrang masterbate over those bands so much I'm surprised they didnt get the 5 K reviews and bands like Metallica and Soulfly getting shit ones for being old and past it.

I wasn't actually saying Trivium and Bullet were crap. Well, Bullet were, but I really enjoyed Trivium, and much prefer Heafy, you know, singing, as opposed to barking like a dog. It was just, Kerrang masterbate over those bands so much I'm surprised they didnt get the 5 K reviews and bands like Metallica and Soulfly getting shit ones for being old and past it.

Hence my comment about them going the way of NME.

Well, seemingly from other comments in this thread, they've actually just pulled Trivium up on a weaker live show than they usually do...so "got it right", so to speak.

..the pits for Papa Roach last year scared me. They were full of middle aged skinheads that we're quite impressively built and looked like they could kick the shit out of anyone, and they were all pounding theyre chests and looked really emotionally involved with the lyrics :S

They didn't wank over the Darkness. That made me sad.

NME? Yes they did. I've got an old copy where they hailed them as the future of music, long before the album came out, and a fair few from when they got big that have got them on the cover, and four or five pages dedicated to them.