Biggest letdown?

Liam

It can be CD, DVD, Film, whatever basically....

What has been the biggest letdown for you, entertainment wise? Maybe it was a CD you'd been waiting for for months, and it was wasn't very good? A film that looked great from the trailers but sucked much arse upon viewing? Etc etc, yadda yadda, you invent the scenarios....

Mine has to be (at the risk of some people's wrath) Reuben "Very Fast, Very Dangerous" off the top of my head. I love "Racecar is Racecar Backwards", and finally picked up "VFVD" and was just totally underwhelmed. It is alright, but yeah....just a big letdown considering what I'd hoped for.

I'll add more once I've had a thought about it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has to be (at the risk of some people's wrath) Reuben "Very Fast, Very Dangerous" off the top of my head. I love "Racecar is Racecar Backwards", and finally picked up "VFVD" and was just totally underwhelmed. It is alright, but yeah....just a big letdown considering what I'd hoped for.

Fuck you, Liam. Fuck you in your big, fat, nigger loving ass. Uncool man, just uncool.

"OK Computer" by Radiohead has to be mine. It's been voted as the best album ever many a time, and so when I finally got it last Christmas I was extremely annoyed by the fact that I found it to be one of their weakest albums. It's got it's moments but it's dull, and is nowhere near the awesomeness of Kid A or the Bends. Just an all round disapointment that almost put me to sleep when I listened to it!

Fuck you, Liam. Fuck you in your big, fat, nigger loving ass. Uncool man, just uncool.

"OK Computer" by Radiohead has to be mine. It's been voted as the best album ever many a time, and so when I finally got it last Christmas I was extremely annoyed by the fact that I found it to be one of their weakest albums. It's got it's moments but it's dull, and is nowhere near the awesomeness of Kid A or the Bends. Just an all round disapointment that almost put me to sleep when I listened to it!

But it doesn't hold a candle to the first album, and I've wanted to get it for quite a while, so the mixture of the two just is too much for me.

Oh, and The Bends > OK Computer by a long shot for me, but I know that OK Computer is THE Radiohead album for many.

Hmm... Probably Elephant by The White Stripes back when I was a decent person who bought music. <_<

I heard Seven Nation Army and just thought it was the best thing ever, then a few of my mates went on and on about how awesome Elephant was, but when I got it at Christmas I was astonished at how much I hated it. Seven Nation Army was the only good song, and everything else sucked copious amounts of cock.

That's the reason I acquire my music through other means these days.

With Teeth by Nine Inch Nails.

Reznor went from masterpieces like The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, to a paint-by-numbers generic rock radio record.

It's disappointing.

With Teeth by Nine Inch Nails.

Reznor went from masterpieces like The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, to a paint-by-numbers generic rock radio record.

It's disappointing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like With Teeth. I just found it tedious and boring. Some of my NIN fan mates thought it was one of the best of 2005....shocking.

Lostprophets - Start Something. Loved the first album, saw them live around 5 times between 2000 and 2004/5, then they released a really underwhelming follow-up. A couple of nice songs, but its over-produced and too focused on the American/comercial market.

And they all have shit hair now.

Probably when I was in 8th grade, it was Korn's Follow the Leader. I got it for Christmas expecting a pretty good album, and I ended up hating it. I should have known since I had never been a fan of them, and probably never will be. That was a letdown.

Minor Threat in general has been a letdown, especially after people suck their ass and claim them to be a great punk band. They're boring straight edge fucks, and the music isn't much for capturing my imagination.

10,000 Days

Get Behind Me Satan

Popaganda

All of those are/were massive disappointments for me.

On the other hand, I think 'Start Something' is far superior to their debut, and that 'With Teeth' is a generally quality album.