Biggest letdown?

Liam

Also I'd go with "10,000 days".

:angry:

Musically, I point the finger at Fort Minor's "The Rising Tied". "Remember The Name" had me REALLY looking forward to what Shinoda could do, but the rest of the album kinda left me flat. Maybe three other good tracks, the rest very 'meh'.

Cinematically, I can't help but feel that "Clerks 2" is going to disappoint. Won't stop me from being there the day it comes out. Approximately 50 days away, yo.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Musically, I point the finger at Fort Minor's "The Rising Tied". "Remember The Name" had me REALLY looking forward to what Shinoda could do, but the rest of the album kinda left me flat. Maybe three other good tracks, the rest very 'meh'.

Concersely to some earlier, The Bends. I spoiled myself by listening to everything else first, but I just don't like it. It has good elemebts but the later stuff, I think, is more progressive and just better.

Franz Ferdinand, too. The singles were the best stuff off the album, which shouldn't really be the case.

Minor Threat has to be the biggest letdown for me. After countless people told me to listen to what started the whole emo/straight edge thing, I picked up "Complete Discography" for a fiver. It's ok, but I was seriously underwhelmed. Not what I expected from something that I was told kickstarted an entire musical movement. Thrice did a nice job covering a couple of their tracks for the recent Tony Hawk's CD, mind.

The thing with bands that are "revolutionary" in a certain genre are that they don't always stack up well against those who have taken the genre on from what it started off as. They don't always age too well either.

The HULK movie. Surely the worst comic book hero movie thus far. Not that I'm a fan of them, but this one really sucked.

Oh, and a game too... Total Club Manager 2005. Too graphicy, really slow... I went straight back to 2004.

Minor Threat has to be the biggest letdown for me. After countless people told me to listen to what started the whole emo/straight edge thing, I picked up "Complete Discography" for a fiver. It's ok, but I was seriously underwhelmed. Not what I expected from something that I was told kickstarted an entire musical movement. Thrice did a nice job covering a couple of their tracks for the recent Tony Hawk's CD, mind.

The thing with bands that are "revolutionary" in a certain genre are that they don't always stack up well against those who have taken the genre on from what it started off as. They don't always age too well either.

The HULK movie. Surely the worst comic book hero movie thus far. Not that I'm a fan of them, but this one really sucked.

Oh, and a game too... Total Club Manager 2005. Too graphicy, really slow... I went straight back to 2004.

You haven't seen X-Men 3 yet I take it? :P

Biggest letdowns? I'd say X3, but after all the shit that happened in pre-production and everything, I went into with low hopes, and well, it was so bad it was worse than I expected.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Aviator. When the best thing about a film is Leonardo Di Caprio, you know something is wrong. That said, he really was really damn good in it. Unfortunetly, the rest of the film was a complete and utter mess, it couldn't work out where it was going.

Edited by TMM

Biggest letdowns? I'd say X3, but after all the shit that happened in pre-production and everything, I went into with low hopes, and well, it was so bad it was worse than I expected.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Aviator. When the best thing about a film is Leonardo Di Caprio, you know something is wrong. That said, he really was really damn good in it. Unfortunetly, the rest of the film was a complete and utter mess, it couldn't work out where it was going.

I actually really enjoyed Aviator. And to act like Leonardo DiCaprio isn't a good actor is a bit "off". He isn't great, but he has shown over the years that he is more than just a pretty face to sell tickets, he does a good job.

I actually really enjoyed Aviator. And to act like Leonardo DiCaprio isn't a good actor is a bit "off". He isn't great, but he has shown over the years that he is more than just a pretty face to sell tickets, he does a good job.

I know he isn't a bad actor, but he's not usually "the best thing about the film" which I thought he was. I thought he was brilliant in it. He was nominated for an Oscar for it wasn't he? So I thought the actual film was going to be good, but at the end what I thought was he definetly deserved the nomination, but by God the film bored me to death. I swear that it's the first film in years that has had me looking at the time after less than an hour and continuing doing it until the end, at which time I actually said "thank god". Brent Spiner was in it though, so it had another redeeming feature :P

Well, at least he's done good movies since Titanic. God, the more I watch that, the more I realize how terrible it ages and how terrible it was in the first place.

Catch Me If You Can was badass, though.

Well, at least he's done good movies since Titanic. God, the more I watch that, the more I realize how terrible it ages and how terrible it was in the first place.

Kate Winslet's boobs saved Titanic. Well, not the ship, but the film :P

Catch Me If You Can was such a fun film, nothing bad about it at all and Leo was very good in it.

Yes, but other than that, it's just meh romance and watching people fall off the ship for four hours. To be honest, I'd much rather rent Holy Smoke for Winslet nudeness.

Hmmmm...you have a point there...

Anyway, enough about Kate Winslet's boobs (for now :pervert: ), Battle Royale is another film that I was letdown by. It could be because everyone and their mother said how great it was, I was expecting some serious awesomeness, and what I got was a very good film, but nothing like what everyone made it out to be. That said, gotta watch Battle Royale II soon, hows that compared to the first?

Resident Evil movie :(

Amusing enough but really it COULD have been very good indeed.

Dammit, am I the only person who really liked Resident Evil?

I'd agree with The Hulk being a huge letdown, but I've always hated that big green bastard so I never had high expectations of the film to begin with.

I think I may actually be the only person who liked Hulk. I thought it was a good film, although it did drag at times, and ok you don't see the Hulk for nearly an hour, but it beats a film with zero plot (X3).