Guns And Roses

The Slickman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is taking his band on a tour of the UK (hopefully). Is anyone going ?

Im going to the Wembley show on the 30th of the month. This is my first gig, so any tips ?

Don't try to take Axl's picture.

Gotta say this: the group might as well be called The Axl Rose Band considering its just him and a bunch of musicians no one has ever heard of and most of the real G N R members are in Velvet Revolver.

Hope they put on a good show for everyone who goes and that Axl doesn't go nuts and cut the show short.

I guess I'm the only person on the planet that knows who Robin Finck is.

Finck, Brian Mantia, Tommy Stinson, list goes on. For whatever reason, Axl decided to nab admittedly obscure guys to be in the band (Buckethead notwithstanding.)

To be fair, though, I've been a Replacements/NIN/Primus fan for a while, so these guys were familiar.

Phew. Got one. That was close. Seetickets and Ticketmaster sold out like... well guns n roses tickets.

I got one form some obscure ticket site in the end thats probably farming my debit card details as well speak.

Event: Guns N Roses Standing, 30 Jul 2006 18:30

Venue: London Wembley Arena

Ticket Type: General Admission

Ticket Price: 40.00 GBP

Booking Fee: 5.25 GBP

Number of tickets:1

Subtotal: 45.25 GBP

Despatch of Tickets: Standard Class Post

Handling Charge: 4.95 GBP

Total charge for this transaction: 50.20 GBP

Hoorah!

Well, if that AOL concert was any indication, Axl's voice is still pretty darn strong. However, seeing as how he apparently got bitchslapped by some male fashion designer a while back, his image as a tough guy has pretty much been blown.

From everything I've read, that whole Hilfiger/Rose thing was blown way out or proportion. Tommy got slap-happy with Axl, and Axl just laughed it off before filing the police report.

All things aside, though, if a tour like this garners such support, just imagine how a tour with the original members (or at least Axl + Duff + Matt rejoined) would fare.

All things aside, though, if a tour like this garners such support, just imagine how a tour with the original members (or at least Axl + Duff + Matt rejoined) would fare.

Edited by GhostMachine

Guest C4P0

Gotta say this: the group might as well be called The Axl Rose Band considering its just him and a bunch of musicians no one has ever heard of and most of the real G N R members are in Velvet Revolver.

Yeah, but NIN are JUST Reznor, and always has been (with a rotating backing band...or maybe not even rotating, I dunno). Guns And Roses were a band, rather than just Axl and seemingly whoever he chooses to play with year by year as they are now.

Im in standing too Keith. Really looking forward to it.

If Axl is on hes outstanding, if not its a huge contrast to the Axl of the early 90s to now when not on he looks pathetic, saying that id still pay to see Axl in anyway. Guns N' Roses are my favourite band and I never thought I would ever get the chance to see any of them play at all but how wrong I was (hopefully).

Edited by The Slickman