Guns And Roses

The Slickman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Kerrang!, at the gig in NY, Izzy joined Axl for 'Nightrain'. Unfortunately, so did Kid Rock. Sebastian Bach also joined the band for 'My Michelle'.

Sounds like a good show, I'd go if I had the cash. Bullet For My Valentine are supporting, for anyone who didn't know.

I was going to go, but the last time Axl Rose was on stage in the UK (think it was a festival in England 3-5 years ago), my friend said it was so bad he wished he could just erase the memories.

And no one else really wanted to go, and I hate persuading people to go to gigs, especially when it'll probably suck for them, even if it's good.

I wish I could go back in time though...see a real GnR gig. Wow...that would kick ass.

I was at the may 12th NYC show, first show for them in almost 4 years(Which I also saw them in 2002) and the band is so much better, together then there were in 02. Axl actually looks like he's having fun again on stage and the songs are amazing. If your on the fence about seeing them, just go. Better and There Was A Time are worth going for alone.

• 1 month later...

I'm really not looking forward to this.

They sucked at download, every report I've read since then has had Axl being a cunt, walking off stage, making the crowd wait while he eats dinner, leaving without an encore, biting security guards, just being a fuck hole.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/detai...fm?newsid=20329

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=55446

Heh, I was at the Newcastle gig, and we were all pretty pissed off that he was an hour and a quarter late, but I can understand him being annoyed at people throwing stuff, especially when it happened more than once. It was disappointing not to get an encore but it was still a brilliant show never the less.

People chucking stuff is something you have to learn to deal with. It comes with doing shows in front of thousands of people. Why punish everyone because there's one twat in the audience?

I've been to plenty of gigs and a lot of them have had to put up with cunts who chuck stuff, and never had I seen anyone walk off until I saw GnR at Download.

Lostprophets, Ian Watkins got a fucking shoe in the chest, he just laughed it off and said if anyone had another Reebok Classic in size 11, then chuck it up and he'd keep them.

Even Cradle Of Filth saw the funny side of it, with Dani Filth asking 'Who brings a fucking apple to Donnington?'

Matt Heafy got hit in the fuckin' face, with a shoe in Birmingham. Did he walk off? No. He played on. Sure, he would have been pissed, like Ian Watkins and Dani Filth were, but it's something they know they have to deal with.

Axl gets stuff thrown because he deserves it, for being a cunt at every fucking show he plays.

As I said before in this thread, if Axl is a cunt you know full well if hes on that night you will get your moneys worth. If hes not on however he deserves stuff thrown at him because he made us wait for an awful show.

I think Axl feels that GNR wasnt in the spotlight at Download so he feltt he shouldnt try as much, if he sucked, Download sucked but if hes shit at a GNR gig surely he must feel people are leaving saying GNR sucks.

Saying that I cant fucking wait till saturday!

Only one Axl moment at Birmingham last night. He started shouting mid-song telling security to "calm the fuck down" as they got heavy-handed with a crowd-surfer. He had a go at them, and then had them all ejected from the line. I have the video of it - might upload it to Youtube if they accept .avi

An absolutely fantastic moment, and a tremendous gig - great crowd, the band gelled well, Axl was joking and talking all night, and his voice was superb.

Edited by M1TCH3LL

Too.Fucking.Awesome

Axl maybe the biggest prick in the world for making us wait close to 80 mins but when he comes out he proves hes worth the wait.

Highlights for me

Bullet getting a hammering

My Michelle with the Sebastian Bach lead singer

Dont Cry with Bumblefoot (I think that was him)

Nightrain

You Could Be Mine

Rocket Queen

The way the pyros were on Live and Let Die made the song.

K, be prepared to wait well over an hour for Axl.

Meh. It started too late and finished too late. When they were actually playing songs it was amazing, but did they really need to give someone an instrumental solo after every other song?

Someone played God Save The Queen, which was cool, and Bumblefoot is a sick guitarist and was quality, I thought the world was ending... that guy makes some inhuman sounds with his guitar.. but did we need the other ten minute guitar solos and fifteen minute piano solos and shit? No.

Again, in their defense, the songs were incredible, but the experience was dissapointing.

Not worth £50 and a four and a half hour wait. Not by a long shot.

(P.s The Sebastian Bach set was awesome, but tainted by the fact that Seb seemed like an absolute axe wound)