Hitman: Blood Money

Lord Nibbler

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a genius idea and probably well worth trying.

You could get a couple of good uzi sprays in before the cops come after you. I can normally get rid of ten to twelve but then get bogged down then the "slow down o'doom~!" happens when you die. Doh

I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME.

That said, my PS2 will come on the road with me when I leave town. ~_~

Ah, what an awesome overall game. Finished it yesterday and was just pissing around with it today. Still think the save file is way too bloated.

*Assume spoilers for all missions ahead.

"Death of a Showman" was a very good training level... But fuck is it boring just trying to go through. So linear. There was no chance for deviation in almost anything.

"A Vintage Year" was a good overall mission. Plenty of ways to go about it. I decided to go all the way around the compound to the back where there is a long trail leading to the plane. A couple quick kills later and I had an elite guard uniform and free reign to walk around.

"Curtains Down" was an interesting mission but bah, it was aggravating to wait for characters to go through their routines. Although cool, it is perhaps one of the duller missions. However I shall try a few different methods. I actually run straight to the bathroom and off the cop as quick as humanly possible and steal his uniform and then dump his body. Voila. You can do as you wish. Get the WW1 gun and head to the second actors room wait and replace it. Then go up to the scaffolding and plant the bomb. Drop down into the little recess and simply wait to blow it. Go pick up your suit and leave.

"Flatline" pissed me right off. I found the easiest way in and around was to take strangle the patient by the dumpsters near the beginning, dump his body, then strangle a guard who stops by. Steal his uniform and dump his body. Go around the back side, enter the security office window, strangle the dude in the chair and dump his body. Then go to the medical area where the annoyance begins.... Getting in the fucking orderly room and not being seen by one on the walkway is nigh impossible sometimes. Killing the others was a rather simple endevour. I actually wound up killing all three without having a clue about where to find the agent. Blowing up the one guy was obvious, and poisoning the other guys drink was fairly simple. Hoping the third one finishes his set with noone around was a pain since it takes so long for him to come back.

"A New Life" was a great level. For once I actually felt like a legit Hitman. Of the nasty variety of course. You can actually go about feeling like you're offing a loving couple under protection. I love how this mission had so much variety to accomplish the goals. Dress up like a clown, poison donuts, burn up the wife, sedate her with an air gun... Oh, the variety. One of my favourite missions. So many possibilities. Figuring it out is a bit difficult at first since it is one of the few that has a tonne of options available to you.

"The Murder of Crows", I LOVED the fact that the one guy changes spots. Not much variety but the simple fact that his location changes each time mixes things up. Problem with this mission is I developed a science and started doing speed runs on it. Take the sniper rifle, and immediately run out of the hotel and go to where the piano and the chick is. Pop her with a few silenced rounds (the people nearby never seem to notice) and steal the walkie talkie. Climb up the pipe and leave the rifle case in the makeshift snipers nest. Then run back out and the red rooster guy should be walking through the crowd your way. Track him and off him when he takes a break. Dump his body and take the diamonds. Run back to the snipers nest and unload the rifle, then wait for your shot from across the way. The albino fellow always looks out the window every so often. Pack it back up, and then go find the third guy, which is always a simple manner of going in the back door of whatever club he's at. Pop a few in him, then go get your diamonds and head out.

"You Better Watch Out...", really gave me a James Bond vibe. Something about it made me want to play Everything or Nothing again. Only played through it once after screwing up the first time. I always wind up getting into a firefight my first time in a level. Giving loverboy the drug and following him was simple. He actually didn't do nothing with the chick and simply walked past her to the small balcony, so I shot him in the head down the stairs. A guard came while I was looking at the map, so I shot him in the head and stole his uniform. Went up to the studio, followed the old dude, shoved him off his balcony and sedated his yappy dog. And got the tape on the way out (which was very easy despite reading in places that it's hard).

"Death on the Mississippi" was boring as fuck. It too gave me a James Bond vibe. I kind of just wandered around and randomly murdered a few fellows in the bathrooms on one of the floors. Then realized I can get pretty much everywhere with the sailor suit... A huge ass fire fight on top later and I finally realized I needed a different suit to go up there. Killing the captain felt weird though. I waited in his room and he walked back in with a gun aiming at his head and he looked completely shocked before I shot him. Aside from "Death of a Showman" it was my least favourite level.

"...Til Death do us Part" was fun but ridiculously easy, and quick to pull off, if you know what to do. Wait for the drunk to fall asleep, take his invitation (you don't even need his clothes), walk in. Wait until the groom is done tasting the cake, poison it. Go through the bathroom and out on the patio and strangle/shoot/poison the father and dump him in the box. Go to boat, and wait for the confirmation of the other kill. Was amusing though.

"A House of Cards" - I HATED this mission (but in a good way). I spent three hours straight trying to perfect it and restarting constantly since I hate using saves. Simple way to do it was just stay on the western elevator until the scientist shows up, strangle him up onto the elevator. Leave the diamonds there (no one should take them). Go onto the eastern elevator. Kill the white guy in the same way. Take his key card. Go pick up his suitcase in his room, go meet the sheik (trying to avoids cameras), deliver it and after the small cutscene, quickly strangle or poison him. And be off, while picking up the diamonds.

"A Dance with the Devil" annoying and evil level but I liked the stylistic quality of it. Although I don't like how the one assassin knew what 47 looked like... actually I didn't like how anyone knew what he looked like. Only Diana and Agent Smith should know what he looks like... but I digress... Having a couple fancy duels was unique. Offing the last chick by rigging the fireworks was the best accident by far.

"Ammendment XXV" was just fucking awesome. Not many ways to go about it but damn was it fun. I was disappointed in no Mexican standoff as you can see in a video clip if you leave it running at the start menu. Watching the first dog sniff the vice president after I sniped him before it ran off was priceless.

And "Requiem" was the best string of game overs ever. I've never had so much fun dying over and over. Just a straight up firefight with pure skill as your only salvation. A complete constrast to the rest of the game and a perfect sendoff for the next game... seeing as 47 is "dead" afterall. Took me awhile to decide just to lay there until I could grab the priest as a shield.

*Spoilers for missions over.*

Awesome game through and through. I was amazed at the amount of things they pulled off, namely the entire Mardi Gras level. I didn't think that was possible. Mainly because of many developers saying having large amounts of characters on screen was impossible. Sure they're just doing pre-designed animations but the sheer enormity of them all is amazing. Really atmospheric.

I enjoyed it so much, that I went out and bought Hitman 2 yesterday for $15 since I haven't played it in years and I plan to pick up Contracts which I've never played.

The thing that this has over Silent Assassin is the weapon customization, sheer amount of "extra" characters that enrich a level instead of one or two civilians and a bunch of guards, and the extra fluff (like the newspaper, notoriety stuff, etc.). Also not having a strict method in almost all the missions was great (unlike SA which required you to pull off the hits usually in a predesigned manner... within a certain amount of time). Although I miss the overall banter between 47 and Diana (like getting info during a mission and such along with the extra "hit info"). And Silent Assassin as well as the first game also had a more structured feel. Not all missions were hits for seemingly no good reason other than to kill someone, but moreso set ups to hits (although, that also created a very linear feel and the absense of those kind of missions is probably for the best). But some of them could have lead somewhere, such as taking out a petty drug dealer to work up to doing a hit on a drug lord in a later mission. Hopefully the next game will have a far stronger narrative and an overall story period.

Can't wait to see how the next generation stuff will handle the series.

Does anyone else know of any other 3rd person shooters that are good? I've mainly played and immensely enjoyed Everything or Nothing, Freedom Fighters, The Punisher, Ratchen & Clank (if that counts at all) and obviously the Hitman series. It's becoming my favourite genre. Better than other shooters at least.

Edited by Vilge Duin

You can zoom in.

What annoyed me about the newspapers was that even if you went through with all accidents, no witnesses etc., how would they know they were killed by an assassin?

I heard that they were planning to just show an obituary (no "so and so killed by silent killer!" stuff) if you got an SA rating, it's a shame that never came about.

You can zoom in.

What annoyed me about the newspapers was that even if you went through with all accidents, no witnesses etc., how would they know they were killed by an assassin?

I heard that they were planning to just show an obituary (no "so and so killed by silent killer!" stuff) if you got an SA rating, it's a shame that never came about.

You can zoom in.

The newspaper is just a glorified stats screen, but it is a really cool addition. The only thing that bothers me is that it's always the same thing, with only a few details changed to suit the level. "[Enter rating here] Wanted!" [Enter target here] was killed yesterday. There were [enter witness amount here] witnesses. Blah blah blah"

I find it more interesting to read the little stories around the main one >_>

It'll be another week or two before I get paid and can actually buy this, so I'm going back to Hitman 2. Is it just me or are most of the levels in 2 seem like "kill X without being seen by all the guards and police he has around" as opposed to "kill X without being seen at all" in 3? I haven't played 2 in ages, but when I played the little bit of 3 I realised how much more it seems like you're an actual assassin taking out varieties of targets, rather than always going after someone who has protection all the time.

Finished the 'A Deck of Cards' level earlier. Didn't save it though, I did terrible. I sniped two of the targets, one from the drunk woman's room, the other from the then-dead target's room. I then dressed as the Schmidtz(?) guy and took the briefcase down to the remaining target. How are you supposed to kill him whilst being stealthy? I waited until it was just me and him in the booth, poisoned him but I was seen as I was doing it and just bolted out of the level.