Best American Football Game for PS2

Guest muddatrucker

Guest Zeokage

It's getting more popular around the world I think. I know there's at least an NFL Japan trademark, it's used for the Eyeshield 21 anime.

muddatrucker... pray you don't come up against the Oxford Cavaliers. :P

Actually, there was plenty of fan interest for the London Monarchs. The team folded due to poor ticket sales which were the result of the team becoming the England Monarchs and touring different stadiums rather than staying put in one stadium (which would have been Wembley, it couldn't be helped, but still).

And one native player per team? Wow, that's like 5 Germans and a Dutch guy! Great!

I would recommend Madden over all other football sims. I liked certain parts of the 2K series (the ESPN presentation was cool, especially the replays of the first half on XBox), but I HATE the passing game.

My only major gripe with Madden is when the CPU-ran offense becomes unstoppable. It doesn't happen all the time, but man, is it annoying when it does.

The only problem I have with Madden is when using Total Simulation for a game in Franchise or Superstar because you don't want to actually play it. You're better off just skipping to the next game and taking your chances with the computer handling the entire game than bothering to sim it. Because most of the time the defense AND offense will be unstoppable. I especially recommend not using total simulation if you prefer a passing game, because you'll throw incomplete passes a LOT, even using a QB like McNabb or Brady.

If I do use Total Simulation, I usually end up actually only simming the first three quarters and actually play the last one more often than not.

The only problem I have with Madden is when using Total Simulation for a game in Franchise or Superstar because you don't want to actually play it. You're better off just skipping to the next game and taking your chances with the computer handling the entire game than bothering to sim it. Because most of the time the defense AND offense will be unstoppable. I especially recommend not using total simulation if you prefer a passing game, because you'll throw incomplete passes a LOT, even using a QB like McNabb or Brady.

If I do use Total Simulation, I usually end up actually only simming the first three quarters and actually play the last one more often than not.

I'd suggest NOT learning football from a video game, and instead looking on the internet somewhere to get a list of the rules, or asking a member here who plays football themselves.

That, and to get in a lot of cardio training. Even if you aren't playing both ways (Which sounds like a possibility to me) you are going to get pretty burned out.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

But whatever you do, do NOT watch CFL games on NASN as a way to learn the American game. You'll just get more confused.

However, I do strongly recommend that you watch it for entertainment value.

Guest Zeokage

The NFL is shown on Channel 5 during the season. Once a week late night I believe. That'll definately get you going as well as a video game, which will help with looking at plays etc. That's how I learned the game. A basics book for the terms wouldn't go amiss, but you could probably just find that at the library.