Rob Zombie to direct new 'Halloween'

Pepsi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're releasing it August 31, that's pretty much releasing it in September. It'll still be in theaters around Halloween.

Possibly to do a 1-2 punch at the box office.

A great point. If the movie does well (which I suspect it will), it might even get a "re-release."

Also gotta keep in mind, everyone starts the Halloween season in September these days, it's like how they start the Christmas Season on November 1.

While Saw 4 may be coming out that week... saying Halloween shouldn't compete is just one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Actually, saying it should is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. The Saw series has a much bigger backing these days than that of the Halloween series, especially when you consider that the last few in the series are the ones that have been exposed to todays "movie audience" and were shit.

While Saw 4 may be coming out that week... saying Halloween shouldn't compete is just one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Actually, saying it should is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. The Saw series has a much bigger backing these days than that of the Halloween series, especially when you consider that the last few in the series are the ones that have been exposed to todays "movie audience" and were shit.

I really disagree on you there. Saw, while being the same thing every year STILL sells tickets. You said so yourself. I'm afraid not even Rob Zombie would topple Saw because Zombie's fans are pretty much a cult audience as well. Saw is a series that has been exposed to the masses and been accepted, while Halloween has a limited audience and Zombie's work has been exposed to the masses and has had less of an effect.

I'm not here to dismiss Zombie's work. I, in fact, love it. It just doesn't seem likely that his work will trump Saw ticketwise.

It just doesn't seem likely that his work will trump Saw ticketwise.

If they market it right, Halloween would probably outgross Saw 4.

Halloween H20 managed to rake in $55 million almost ten years ago despite the franchise being completely worthless since 1982. If they marketed the film as a rebirth, which they are, plus Rob Zombie's name attached to it, they'd probably be okay... or not. We saw this weekend with Grindhouse completely tanking that nothing is a sure thing.

Saw is possibly a series on a downfall. If you're familiar with the franchise, it could be about to suffer the same fate as every other horror franchise ever.

Either way, why force audiences to choose? People are going to be skeptical of Halloween due to the franchise being horribly tainted and this movie will likely need to pick up steam, which makes a September opening more logical. Don't split your audiences, the more gore, the merrier.

I'm really looking forward to this, as I consider Devil's Rejects one of the best horror movies of the last decade.

Now, I might as well ask here, instead of making another topic: I've only seen the original Halloween, I thought it was superb. I heard that parts 2-8 are not that great, but of 2-8, which should I watch/which are the best?

I'm really looking forward to this, as I consider Devil's Rejects one of the best horror movies of the last decade.

Now, I might as well ask here, instead of making another topic: I've only seen the original Halloween, I thought it was superb. I heard that parts 2-8 are not that great, but of 2-8, which should I watch/which are the best?