ECW on SciFi

The day drew ever closer. Extreme Championship Wrestling was edging ever nearer to it’s resurrection. It wasn’t the ideal circumstances for a revival what with being funded by a one time mortal enemy and condemned to a three month probation. A deal with the devil, some may say. They were in limbo, walking a tightrope over a fiery pit – one last chance of glory, one last chance to show everyone what "Extreme" was truly all about.

Ever since the announcement of a second night of nostalgia speculation had been frantic. The dirtsheets were full of possible stories about an ECW revival: he said this, she said that, the dreams of millions of wrestling fans were treading water in a sea of if’s, could’s and maybe’s. Then finally the announcement came, a low key bulletin on the WWE website, the brand extension would have the addition of a third dimension, an extreme element brought into the equation. It’s new home, the SciFi channel. And a pause by all ECW fans. Hey, it wasn’t the Ritz, but it would do for now. As the saying goes, beggars can’t be choosers, and most of the fans had been praying and begging for this since 2001.

With One Night Stand the 2nd only a week away much of the plans had been set in place and the hype machine was in overdrive. Rob Van Dam had announced his intentions to cash in his ‘Money In The Bank’ title shot and challenge John Cena for the WWE World title, with Paul E. proclaiming that when Van Dam won the belt he would be declared the new ECW World champion. Hardcore legends were set to collide in a tag match fuelled by hatred, the mentor and protégé combo of Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer battling it out with Mick Foley and the heir to his hardcore thrown, Edge. Rey Mysterio would defend the honour of Smackdown against the Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal Sabu, whilst Tazz would face Jerry Lawler with the honour of ECW on the line. Finally, in what seemed to be the most shocking of revelations surrounding the rebirth of extreme, Kurt Angle was announced as ECW’s Smackdown draft pick – the man who threatened to sue the company if they ever associated him with ECW would step back through the doors and lead the brand from the front line. His first match as an ECW superstar would be against Randy Orton, the Legend Killer, the man who’s ankle Kurt broke, after he accepted the open challenge in emphatic style, RKOing Angle on Raw.

In the prelude to the main event stars from the WWE and ECW squared off in a live supershow on USA. However, before the show could get underway former World Champion JBL made his way out to ringside and called out Paul Heyman. He ran down ECW, calling it garbage and a waste of time and the WWE’s money. He said that the best thing that happened to wrestling was when the company went under because it was a disgrace to the sport. He called Heyman a liar and a thief, and said that he would do anything to get himself a little more cash and a little more airtime, which lead JBL to why he was out here.

He wanted a job.

At first Heyman laughed, but then JBL explained himself.

“I know you Paul E. and I know there’s nothing you like better than making a quick buck. I know that you live, breath and sleep the sewage that is ECW and that you can’t stand it when somebody runs it down and tells it like it is. You know what else I know, Paul? I know there’s nothing you’d like better than to shove everything I just said down my throat and show me what it’s like to get "extreme". Well Paul, I’m giving you that opportunity. I know there’s nothing you want to see more than JBL getting his ass kicked by ECW. I know that all your boys in the back want to get their dirty little, never was and never will be hands on a former WWE champion, so I’m going to lower myself and give them that chance. This Sunday at One Night Stand I want a match, I’ll face whoever you want, whichever drunk or crack addict you want to get back in to take me on, I’ll face them and I’ll beat them. If your guy wins you get to show everyone that JBL isn’t EXTREME enough for ECW…but if I win...when I win, I get a job.”

Heyman responded in his own unique style, spitting words filled with hate and pride and told JBL that he would get his match this Sunday and that he would be facing Tracy f’n Smothers.

The rest of the show went down like this:

-Shelton Benjamin defended his I-C title against Steven Richards in a one on one contest.

-Nunzio approached Paul Heyman about a spot on the ECW roster, telling him he was desperate to get away from Vito. Heyman apologised but informed Nunzio he had used all his draft picks already. Nunzio pleaded with Heyman and asked him if he won the Cruiserweight title in the next match whether that would change his mind. Heyman told him he would see what he could do.

-Nunzio defeated Shane Helms, Super Crazy and Johnny Nitro in a 4-way dance to win the Cruiserweight title. Before the match Nunzio attacked Jamie Noble before he could make his way to the ring and announced himself as a last minute replacement.

-Jazz pinned Diva Search winner Ashley Massaro in a one on one women’s match. After the match both girls shook hands.

-In the ECW vs WWE Battle Royal, Kurt Angle won the match for ECW, eliminating Snitsky with an Angle Slam, dropping him over the top rope. Snitsky had dominated much of the early part of the match, eliminating 8 of ECW’s entrants. The other ECW participants were Balls Mahoney, Al Snow, Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer, CW Anderson, Kid Kash, Axl Rotten, Nova, and Johnny Swinger. The other WWE entrants were Big Show, Carlito, Edge, Mark Henry, Bobby Lashley, Matt Striker, Charlie Haas, Matt Hardy, and surprise entrant Jonathon Coachman. RVD was down at ringside to support his ‘brothers’ and his distraction led to Edge being eliminated by Dreamer.

-John Cena successfully won his non-title match against Sabu after many near falls. He told RVD this Sunday it would be the same result.

-In the main event, Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam wrestled to a 15 minute time limit draw in their match. After the match both men shook hands and celebrated with the crowd. These celebrations were short lived after run ins by Mark Henry, JBL, and Edge left both men grounded. Soon the cavalry arrived in the form of Dreamer, Funk and the rest of the ECW locker room, who chased all three men off.

Everything was perfectly set for ECW to rise again, a phoenix from the flames, emerging from the ashes on Sunday 11th June at One Night Stand.

Edited by lafunky xxvii

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good start. Can't wait.

Just wanted to point something out though.

-John Cena successfully defended his title in a non-title match against Sabu after many near falls. He told RVD this Sunday it would be the same result.

Wow, that's weird. I'm playing an ECW resurrection game on EWR, and I hired JBL as well. I was watching One Night Stand a few nights ago, and I realized that the match I really want to see is Mike Awesome versus JBL.

Hopefully you'll make that happen. Looking forward to One Night Stand. ;)

As a huge LaFunkenstein mark, I must say I am psyched for this.

However as a huge ECW fan I have to say that if you ruin them then I will make sure you suffer.

Anyway, it's early so I forgive you, but this diary needs more StarGate to be successful. That and RVD finally needs a run with the ECW World Titltle. Make it happen, LaFunk. Make it happen.

One Night Stand began as you would expect with it’s mastermind, Paul Heyman coming out to the ring to a massive chorus of "ECDub" chants. He stood in the centre of the ring, the conductor, leading his rabid orchestra of ECWites in their national anthem. He tells them that ECW is back. He reassures them that what they’ve read from Dave Meltzer isn’t true and that this would not be a watered down version of Extreme Championship Wrestling, this will be the whole fucking show, violence, bloodshed and all the trimmings. He said that Vince McMahon may be signing the cheques, but he doesn’t control ECW. No one controls ECW – it’s a living, breathing beast that cannot be tamed.

He told the crowd that ECW was back and in full force, and tonight we would get the first glimpse. Tonight we would see the new ECW World champion crowned, Mr. Pay Per View, Rob Van Dam. The two men that characterised ECW’s plight, the hardcore legend Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer would defend the honour of their people against the pretenders, a former face of the company, a Judas, a whore for Vince McMahon, Mick Foley and the Rated R Superstar, Edge. Heyman promised that their match later would definitely not be suitable for children and those of a nervous disposition and that Funk and Dreamer would show Edge a new level of brutality, something you could’ve only experienced on the corner of Swanson and Richter a decade ago. The man ECW brought to America, Rey Mysterio, would show his thanks to ECW by competing against one of it’s most unpredictable superstars, the Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal, Sabu for the WWE Heavyweight title. And finally Tracy Smothers would get his hands on the lowest, most despicable, sewer rat to ever be allowed inside an ECW ring, JBL, the man who one year ago cheapshotted the Blue Meanie. Heyman promised that this year his could not exhibit the same cowardice he did twelve months ago. As Heyman left the ring to signal the beginning of the festivities, the Hammerstein Ballroom again erupted with a signal of gratitude to their Fuhrer, their Kaiser, their God on Earth, Paul Heyman, and the letters E-C-W rang through the halls once again.

The first match of the night was for Nunzio's, now going by his old moniker of Guido, newly won WWE Cruiserweight title. He faced off against former foes Kid Kash and Super Crazy in a three way dance. However, before the bell could ring a chiming of a different kind sounded through the arena and Yoshihiro Tajiri made his way down to the ring. Tajiri manhandled his former comrades with his buzzsaw kicks and then a backspring elbow that took out all three men, but his dominance was soon ended by a Guido low blow. Tajiri looked like he was going to mark his return to America with a win, but as he released Super Crazy from the Tarantula, Guido grabbed the tights and rolled him up for the 3 count and a successful first defence.

Next up came JBL’s baptism of fire in ECW. He came out to the ring and was booed, heckled and pelted with garbage by the ECW faithful. Then out came their prodigal son, the man who was about to take out the trash, Tracy Smothers, the veteran dancing down the aisle. As you would expect, JBL used all the dirty tricks in the book and many a closed fist was thrown. Eventually the former champion was able to hit his Clothesline From Hell and pin the ECW Alum, earning himself a job. He didn’t walked away unscathed however, his face bloodied, with a distinct shade of black and blue to it.

Another of ECW’s past foes stepped into it’s sacred ropes next. Jerry Lawler came out to much the same reaction he’d received around 9 years ago, and proceeded to run the company down like only Jerry knew how. His wit-filled rant was interrupted by the appearance of Tazz, the Human Suplex Machine in his first ECW in-ring appearance in almost six years. He may have not been in as good shape as he was when he terrorized ECW rings, but he could still do the business as Lawler found out. Victory in under two minutes, via tap out, a traditional result on the scorecard. Tazz celebrated with the fans and even Michael Cole, his former broadcast partner, joined the party with him inside the squared circle. Cole held the ropes open for Tazz to leave the ring, but as he did Cole gave him a swift kick to the head. Lawler and Cole double teamed Tazz, stomping a mudhole in him, then, as Lawler prepared for the Piledriver, Cole grabbed the mic. He told Tazz that he was tired of him talking down to him like he was inferior, he was tired of hearing all the shit about ECW and how much of a tough guy Tazz was. He told Tazz it was time for him to get the respect he deserved, because he was Michael fucking Cole, not some washed up cripple like Tazz. Finally, before Lawler could drive his skull into the mat Cole asked Tazz one final thing – “Hey Tazz…who’s the rocketbustah now?”

After Cole had escaped the clutches of the incensed crowd, Kurt Angle made his way out to ringside to face the returning Randy Orton. The match didn’t last too long as Angle was focused, fighting like a true machine. He was vicious, unrelenting and above all, very dangerous. This was a new Kurt Angle, more intense than anyone has ever seen him, a true warrior and a menace to anyone who would stand in his way in ECW. He locked in the Ankle Lock and that was all she wrote for Orton.

Following the match there was a surprise appearance from former ECW tag champions Danny Doring and Roadkill in the ring. They were angry at again being overlooked and accused Heyman of only looking after the guys who’s coattails he could ride. Their rant was ended by the lights dimming, and Enter Sandman blaring throughout Hammerstein. The fans erupted, as finally sight was caught of Sandman, beer and cane in hand, cigarette in mouth amidst the crowd. After a longtime of drinking and bashing cans into his own forehead, he jumped the guardrail and went to work like a savage, swinging for the hills and almost beheading Roadkill with a vicious cane shot. After laying out both men he saluted the fans, not a word being said, just a raising of the cane, the lighting of another cigarette, and drinking of some beer. He was back home.

Two of wrestling’s finest deathdefiers met next, as Sabu challenged Rey Mysterio. It was a match full of high flying offence and risk taking which drew a plethora of ‘oooh’s and ‘aaah’s from the crowd. Rey even busted out some of his old arsenal, possibly in an attempt to make up for his showing the previous year. The result was as expected. Sabu went for the Double Jump Moonsault, but Rey managed to kick away his chair, causing the challenger to land on the second rope, prime for the 6-1-9. After the match both men shook hands and embraced, an action well appreciated by the crowd.

Prior to the Main Events a surprise appearance was made by WWE Diva Melina and her muscle, Johnny Nitro. Melina ignored the cat calls of the fans and explained why she was here. She said that she was to hot for Smackdown, but too…extreme for Raw, and that’s why she was here. She was ready to announce herself as the new femme fatale of ECW and soon to be the Queen of the company, or the new Queen Of Extreme if you preferred. This proclamation didn’t sit well with one famous face from ECW, Francine. She told Melina that whilst she was sucking the Football Team’s dicks, Francine was proving that she was the Queen of Extreme. She told Melina that she’d run out a lot tougher bitches than her and to back off or have her head knocked off. Melina didn’t take too kindly to this and told Francine the only reason that she was allowed to play with the boys was because she had balls, and then delivered a kick to the crotch. As Melina and Nitro celebrated, blowing kisses to the crowd and posing, Francine recovered and began stalking her prey like a tiger in the jungle, leading to the inevitable CATFIGHT! Melina and Francine rolled around on the canvas, much to the crowd’s, and Nitro’s, delight until they were separated by officials. Nitro led Melina to the back, as Francine stood tall in the ring.

Now it was time for what ECW fans had come to see – bloodshed. The match was a brutal bar fight, no rules, no holds barred. The referee never even had a chance of controlling the contest as all four men almost immediately began brawling through the crowd. There were four crimson savages fighting for their lives as millions watched. This was truly what ECW was all about. Dreamer and Foley paired off and fought on the balcony as Funk and Edge returned to the ring. Dreamer mauled Foley with a cane, but his celebrations were cut short as he had a bird’s eye view of what was about to unfold in the ring. Funk had planted Edge with a DDT before ascending the turnbuckle for a moonsault. The referee was checking on his bloodied opponent as Lita jumped onto the apron. Tommy’s cry of ‘TTEEERRRRYYYY, NOOOOO!’ fell on deaf ears and the temptress blasted him between the eyes with the Hardcore title belt, allowing Edge to crawl on top for the cover and the 1-2-3. Lita helped Edge from the ring, as Foley escaped Dreamer's grasp and the WWE trio headed for the hills.

After the disappointment for the fans it was left to RVD to restore pride amongst the ECW faithful. He was the people’s champion and leader of the masses as he tried to win the biggest prize in wrestling today. Cena wasn’t going to give it up without a fight, however. They battled back and forth, throwing everything they had into the match. RVD nailed his big moves, the Rolling Thunder, Spin Kick off the Apron, Split-Legged Moonsault, but it wasn’t enough to get the three count. Cena fought back with some signatures of his own, even his STFU submission, but not even that could make RVD give in. With the crowd behind him he couldn’t lose. RVD raised it, he refused to be beaten. Cena hit big move after big move, but RVD wouldn’t stay down. He battled back with a barrage of kicks and strikes, but he went to the wheel once to often, attempting a Van Daminator Cena grabbed his foot, spun him round and picked him up for the FU! That was it. The dream was over. Then the stunned silence around the Ballroom turned to jubilation as RVD kicked out with but a split second to spare. They believed again. He was going to do it, he couldn’t fail. Cena was distraught. He nailed the FU again, and this time only got a one count. He couldn’t believe it. He tried a third time, but RVD rolled off. Cena turned around, VAN DAMINATOR! RVD wasn’t done, he wanted to make sure of the victory. He pulled Cena into the corner and pointed in the air as the sounds of the whistle blew throughout the arena and Fozzy came running down the aisle, chair in hand. As Fonzie held the chair in front of Cena's face RVD climbed out to the apron, up to the top rope, and he flew across the ring. VAN TERMINATOR! The crowd was ecstatic. Surely he had done it now. RVD again was not finished. He pulled a lifeless Cena into the middle of the ring and again pointed to the corner. The cheers soon turned into yells of horror as Edge, Mick Foley and Lita ran down to the ring. Lita went round to distract Fonzie with RVD perched on the top turnbuckle. Foley jumped onto the apron, but RVD nailed him with a Van Daminator to the jaw, much to the delight of the thousands in attendance. His celebrations were cut short when he turned around into a Spear from Edge – not only to the gut of RVD but also through the hearts of all the fans in attendance. He then rolled Cena on top. 1……2…….3.

Heartbreak.

The three evildoers remained in the ring, taunting RVD and the fans, attacking Fonzie, even assaulting John Finnegan for no reason. They picked RVD up as Foley brought out Mr. Socko, which resulted in a chorus of boos from the fans. Fuck ECW, Foley screamed as he applied the Mandible Claw and Edge speared RVD to the mat. As Foley kept the Claw on, he and Lita brought RVD to his feet as Edge prepared to spear him again. However it was not to be. Funk and Dreamer rushed to ringside, blood still flowing. They were followed by CW Anderson, Doring, Roadkill, and Al Snow. The next wave was Mamaluke, Tajiri, Psicosis, Balls and Axl. JBL oddly enough led the next wave which included Kid Kash, Crazy, and Guido. The cavalry came in wave after wave. At first Edge and Foley, with steel chairs in hand, fought them all off. They couldn't even make it a foot inside the ring before they were dropped with a stiff chair shot to the head. Soon the assembled ECW masses made it in farther and farther with the fans, solidly behind them, as Cena made it to his feet. He looked at the sides, and stood alongside Edge, Foley, and Lita, a sight to behold for sure. Then the lights went out. When they came back on Sandman and Sabu were in the ring in front of the WWE quartet, and they were now surrounded. A bloodbath ensued as ECW took it to the WWE SuperStars. Cena was caned near to death before escaping to the floor. Funk, Dreamer, and of all people JBL beat the holy hell out of Foley until he too escaped.. Francine and Beulah took turns smacking Lita around until Foley was able to pull her to safety. Finally it was Edge, alone, bloodied, hurting, and one Arabian Facebuster and Van Terminator later he too was pulled to safety as the quartet headed for the hills with the ECW Alumni in tow.

RVD remained in the ring, a look of complete and utter contempt on his face. He stood and looked at the fans as they chanted R-V-D and ECDub over and over. He had gotten to the mountain and he had failed. He pumped his thumbs as the fans cheered.

"It's not the end. It's not over. It's just the beginning, a brand new beginning, for Rob Van Dam and E-C fucking W. This Tuesday night ECW returns, full time, on the SciFi network, and holy shit are we going to surprise everyone. All the naysayers, all the haters, and everyone who said ECW couldn't survive on the big stage are about to be proven fucking wrong. ECW is back..."

But he was never able to finish. JBL, who never left ringside, entered the ring and delivered one of the hardest, baddest, stiffest Clothesline From Hells he had ever hit. RVD was down, the fans exploded, more trash hit the ring, and the final sight for ECW One Night Stand was that of John Bradshaw Layfield standing tall over the downed body of Rob Van Dam, a devious and knowing smile on his face.

The stage was truly set. It was a new beginning, and it truly began at ECW On SciFi starting in just forty eight hours.

Edited by King Of Extreme

That was..beautiful..

I honestly thought there would be some stipulation which made Rob Van Dam the first ECW Champion since the rebirth, but it wasn't to be. The seemingly face turn from JBL, only to have him take out RVD. That was great. I'm glad you didn't give RVD the title, actually, because it was too predictable. I'm really looking forward to where you're going with this. Keep it up..

I'll reply more after the next show! (Y)

Wow, thats all that I can say. great One Night Stand and i love how you have got JBL in ECW using him against WWE but also against ECW. Should be a good diary.

Damn man, you sure know how to rub it in. That would be absoloutly heartbreaking for the ECW fans but I suppose you have a plan for ECW to get back at them. I'm not sure if that's how you're going to do all your results but if it is I'm happy. It was easy to read and didn't give us to much unneccisary detail. Strong start.

I'm afraid unlike the others I'm not sold on this yet. I've got a few thoughts so here we go.

1. Isn't JBL too injured to be wrestling right now? And of all people Tracy fucking Smothers?!? Way to stick it to him Paul! :thumbsdown: Seriously who outside of a very small portion of the internet would know why this is signifigant and/or care? I mean I know why and I still wouldn't care.

2. Too much ridiculous hyperbole. Their prodigal son Tracy Smothers?!? This isn't a huge thing really but it just sounds silly. Also this one "the Hammerstein Ballroom again erupted with a signal of gratitude to their Fuhrer, their Kaiser, their God on Earth, Paul Heyman". Might be just my opinion but stuff like that is kind of lame.

3. Michael Cole laid out Tazz?!? :P Enough said there.

4. Last year the fans booed the 619 out of the building and this year they liked it and cheered for a manly hug from Sabu? No thanks.

5. I think Melina and Nitro are actually a good fit for ECW. Francine on the other hand needs to stay home :)

6. I hated the ending of the PPV. The first ECW show really needed to end on an upnote and instead it ended with everyone pissed off because of a "shocking" WWE style swerve.

So yeah besides all that :blush:

I'm afraid unlike the others I'm not sold on this yet. I've got a few thoughts so here we go.

1. Isn't JBL too injured to be wrestling right now? And of all people Tracy fucking Smothers?!? Way to stick it to him Paul! :thumbsdown: Seriously who outside of a very small portion of the internet would know why this is signifigant and/or care? I mean I know why and I still wouldn't care.

2. Too much ridiculous hyperbole. Their prodigal son Tracy Smothers?!? This isn't a huge thing really but it just sounds silly. Also this one "the Hammerstein Ballroom again erupted with a signal of gratitude to their Fuhrer, their Kaiser, their God on Earth, Paul Heyman". Might be just my opinion but stuff like that is kind of lame.

3. Michael Cole laid out Tazz?!? :P Enough said there.

4. Last year the fans booed the 619 out of the building and this year they liked it and cheered for a manly hug from Sabu? No thanks.

5. I think Melina and Nitro are actually a good fit for ECW. Francine on the other hand needs to stay home :)

6. I hated the ending of the PPV. The first ECW show really needed to end on an upnote and instead it ended with everyone pissed off because of a "shocking" WWE style swerve.

So yeah besides all that :blush:

I liked the first part of the diary, but I hated the ONS booking. Way too WWE-ized (even more than it's going to be in real life) for my tastes. Plus, the fact that every match was won by a WWE guy (except Angle, who is barely an "ECW guy") is a total joke. What kind of booking is that for a PPV designed to showcase ECW?

I mean Michael Cole? Cmon.

After all the hype of the most hardcore match of all-time, with all the bloodshed that took place - Terry Funk, one of the greatest hardcore wrestling legends of all-time jobs to a BELT TO THE FACE? A spot that is done in basically ever major title match? Big letdown.

And RVD-Cena just flat out sucked. The end reeked of WWE booking or old WCW booking when they'd just have guys randomly running in all the time. Having RVD, who claimed all leading up to ONS that he was getting screwed by the WWE and that he wouldn't get screwed in his house, in fact get screwed IN HIS HOUSE, and then he does nothing about it but shill the ECW TV show?

It's like.. "HEY WELL I JUST GOT SCREWED OUT OF THE TITLE AGAIN BY GUYS WHO WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE MATCH, AND WE ARE IN AN ECW ARENA AT AN ECW PPV AND COULD PROBABLY HAVE THE MATCH RESTARTED, BUT HEY GUESS WHAT.. WATCH ECW TV TUESDAY! BYE BYE NOW."

Really lame ending, sorry.

Edited by Bob Roberts

Bwahaha, we just got raped. I am afraid all of you are incorrect, this is the perfect ECW diary. Thanks for your words of advice though and concern and keep reading (Y)

EDIT - Just one quick comment. I don't normally like responding to criticisms, because I do appreciate them greatly and enjoy it when I get ripped to shreds, but Bob Roberts, the thing about the belt to the face doesn't quite sit right with me. The fact that it's an overused spot shouldn't make any difference. Does this special occasion call for a special example of cheating? How about a rocket launcher to the face, would that suffice? He's a 65 year old man, bloodied, battered and bruised. His bones are practically made of chalk and to be honest I'm starting to question whether or not he's being held up by strings and walked through a match by a puppeteer because his body is so shot. I think getting hit with a big, heavy chunk of metal and falling from 5 feet in the air flat on your back would be enough to kill most pensioners, let alone one who's been beaten for 15 minutes.

Come on people, you aren't supposed to like these things. They're dastardly heels. Let's get some booes and hisses out there!

Edited by lafunky xxvii

Guest H Effect

Boo! Hiss!

Not for the heels, but for the entire show and everything that you have booked thus far.

I know the new ECW will be going in a new direction and will not be the same ECW, but it definitely will not be WWE. Which is what you are writing.

I enjoy the layout though, it is simple to read, and I will continue to read because I do see some potential. I just hope you can turn the booking around cos so far from me all it gets is a Boo and a Hiss!

Sorry man, heres to hoping ;)

Seems like a pretty good backstory to me. I don't really have any problems with the storylines (except for Snitsky eliminating all those people), everything else seems okay. But I, like Samoa Srar, felt that the language was just...over-done. Some people would think that that's excellent writing, but I felt that you went a little over-board. You can use too much, you know. It just seemed a bit odd. I doubt you'll try and write the shows like that, though.

Well, there's a fine line here. If I ordered this show on PPV, I would be extremely disappointed, if not just pissed off. It's like wathicng a movie where shit goes wrong and keeps going wrong and then it... goes wrong some more instead of having a real resolution. Sabu jobs, Funk and Dreamer job, RVD jobs, HEEL MICHAEL COLE WHAT THE FUCK. It almost reads more as a vicious stab at WWE could, and maybe WILL do than an actual diary intending to be well-booked, and perhaps that's the point.

But from a reading perspective, it's not particularly enticing at all.

I'm not sure what to think on this. I actually kinda like ONS despite it being a bit controversial and very WWE like in its booking, But after all WWE owns ECW so what more do you want. As for stlye of writing I have absoloubtly no problem, if thats even how you intend to do shows.

So wether this is how you think it should be, or you've just made a bad One Night Stand so you can follow up with better shows, I will be reading and I think it has heaps of potential.