24: The Movie

The Chief

Source: Here

The real-time TV thriller "24" is headed to the big screen under a deal between movie studio 20th Century Fox and the show's producers, trade paper Daily Variety said on Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Hollywood publication said no deals are in place with the cast, although star

Kiefer Sutherland -- an executive producer of the series -- has said he would like to reprise his role as sleep-deprived action hero Agent Jack Bauer in a feature version.

However, the paper said the "24" movie would likely abandon the TV show's distinctive real-time conceit, meaning that all the murder and mayhem will no longer be squeezed into one day. A rough plot outline has been drafted, but no details have been disclosed, it said.

Fox, a unit of News Corp., struck a deal with series creators Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, who will write the script, and executive producer Howard Gordon, who will work on the story, Daily Variety said. The feature could potentially shoot next spring and summer during the hiatus between season six and a likely seventh season of "24."

The critically acclaimed "24" series, which airs in the United States on News Corp.'s Fox Broadcasting unit, saw ratings improve by 14 percent for the just-wrapped fifth season, with nearly 14 million viewers tuning in every week, the paper said.

24 the movie should be Jack Bauer vs. China. Just three hours of him beating up, torturing and killing the evil Chinese. Sounds good to me.

Guest Aldershotboy2001

i love 24 but this will suck. They cant have it real time as the name is "24"..and due to it not being real time it will take away the main concept. sorry but i feel this is not a good thing for a great program.

i saw this confirmed ages ago, they even did talk about it on 24 Inside.

from what i know it will be 24 houres, they just said they will use the formart to be able to skip countrys, so there is no real time seeing jack fly to germany 8 houres, but it gets real time wen he arives (or something in that direction)

i predict china will get decominisemed in that movie

decominisemed? :shifty:

I hope he attacks Germany during the World Cup. Fun times.

What Matzat said sounds good though, if they can still tell the story of 24 hours in 3 hours or so then it'll be great, I for one will definitely watch this no matter what. Even if it was an 8 hour bauer flight, I'd watch it with great intrigue.

Considering there was about an hour or so of Jack overtaking a plane going to Germany earlier this season, they can put something in a movie about an 8 hr plane ride. The writers can make anything in this show action filled.

Season 5 spoiler above, don't read if you haven't seen it (or at least the last 6 episodes)

Considering there was about an hour or so of Jack overtaking a plane going to Germany earlier this season, they can put something in a movie about an 8 hr plane ride. The writers can make anything in this show action filled.

Season 5 spoiler above, don't read if you haven't seen it (or at least the last 6 episodes)