Extreme Championship Wrestling

IPB Image

Just two days after Heatwave and with the rubble still being sorted through. ECW brings you Devastation!

Only one match will happen in the Lightweight Title Tourny tonight as Jay Lethal will take on Puma to advance to the Semi-Finals!

We will also see the victorious Sandman after beating the holy hell out of Messiah two days ago. In action against an as of now un-named opponent

This and more on ECW Devastation!

Featured Matches

Jay Lethal vs Puma (2nd Round Lightweight Title Tourny Match)

Sandman vs ???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

ECW Devastation kicks off without the flashy pyro that some other shows get but instead with a match as most ECW shows start with!

Jerry Lynn vs Chavo Guerrero

This match wasn't too back and forth. Jerry Lynn controlled it from the early going and eventully hooked in the Cradle Piledriver on Chavo without too much trouble to gain the pinfall victory!

(Winner: Jerry Lynn)

Overall Rating: 72%

Crowd Reaction: 63%

Match Quality: 82%

Kevin Steen vs Kid Kash

This matchup was back and forth between these two guys. Kash getting some close counts on a Hurricarana and a Tornado DDT but Steen winds up pulling off the victory with a Package Piledriver to help him get the three count on the Veteran Kash!

(Winner: Kevin Steen)

Overall Rating: 62%

Crowd Reaction: 43%

We go backstage where Sandman is walking into the arena smoking a cig and drinking a beer when an assailant comes running up with a steel chair and begins maiming Sandman with it over and over and then runs off before you can really even see who it was that attacked him but we can tell that Sandman is down and hurt!...Get a Medic!

Overall Rating: 80%

Puma vs Jay Lethal

(2nd Round Lightweight Title Tourny Match)

The crowd was almost dead for this match except popping for the occasional big move between these two. Just that neither is very over yet and the crowd didn't care all that much. The wrestling was very good and the crowd got into it a bit for that but otherwise no go. Puma picks up the victory with a Skull Crusher to gain the three count!

(Winner and Advancing: Puma)

Overall Rating: 57%

Crowd Reaction: 38%

Match Quality: 76%

A Hardy and apparently now Cactus Jack video plays showing all their issues from the past six weeks as well as the match at Heatwave and Hardy's victory over Cactus and the insane Side Effect off the Cage that finished off Cactus. But the question is....is it over?

Overall Rating: 74%

The Sandman vs ????

(Main Event)

Sandman's music hits and there is no Sandman for this match as he got taken out in the back but then his opponent's music hits and you can see now who attacked him as...Here comes Messiah!!! He gets down to the ring and tells the ref to start counting to make Sandman face him. The referee gets to 10 and can do nothing but call Messiah the winner cause we can't wait all night for Sandman. But of course as Messiah is awarded the victory. Sandman comes charging as much as a drunken man can charge down to the ring. Sandman attacks and it goes back and forth till Sandman whom came down with his Singapore Cane hits a Big White Russian Legsweep on Messiah and leaves him down on the mat as Devastation goes off the air!

(Winner via Countout: The Messiah)

Overall Rating: 78%

Show Rating: 71%

IPB Image

Extreme TV Is set to show more of the aftermath of Heatwave. Will Cactus Jack be in the house? What can Chris Benoit do if anything to get back into the ECW Title Picture!? Will Chris Jericho give back Angle's belt or will he have to take it from him, himself!?

We're set to have two more 2nd Round Lightweight Title Tourny Matches tonight as Rey Mysterio goes one on one with Brian Danielson and in the other match Brian Kendrick goes one on one with the Hot Super Dragon!

Chris Jericho has told us at ECW.com that he will be defending his ECW Television Title at Extreme TV...funny considering that Angle is the Champion. Chris Jericho does have a match up against Chris Benoit but according to ECW officials it's of course Non-Title.

Kurt Angle has been furious that Chris Jericho has been parading around with the ECW Television Title all week claiming he's the Champion. Angle will be in the building tonight and it'll be interesting to see what Jericho does!

Paul London and Brian Kendrick won't have to defend their newly won Tag Titles tonight due to Kendrick having a match with Super Dragon but Paul London will have to fight Joey Mercury one on one tonight as well!

All this and much more as RVD, Christian Cage, Matt Hardy and more are all to be in attendance and some will be in action tonight!

Featured Matches

Rey Mysterio vs Brian Danielson (2nd Round Lightweight Title Tourny Match)

Brian Kendrick vs Super Dragon (2nd Round Lightweight Title Tourny Match)

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit (Non-Title Match)

Paul London vs Joey Mercury

IPB Image

The Extreme TV Video promo kicks on and we know we're ready for some Extreme action here on Saturday Night! We finish the package and we go live to the arena where we are getting going right away!

Paul London vs Joey Mercury

This matchup was a back and forth between these two with both men looking like they could win the match but the ending comes when Mercury and Melina destract the referee and Nitro comes running to the ring with a chair and hits a Standing Shoot Star Press WITH the chair onto London! Nitro rolls out of the ring, holding his midsection from the move and Mercury picks London up and hoists him into the air nailing and Inverted DDT and gets the three count! MNM then get in the ring and proceed to beat down on London and set him up for their Finisher when Kendrick comes running down to the ring with the other Tag Title Belt wielded as a weapon and MNM bails out of the ring without hitting the move on London. They make gestures like "That close" to hitting it and they both make belt motions around their waist as we get set for the next match!

(Winner: Joey Mercury)

Overall Rating: 70%

Crowd Reaction: 58%

Match Quality: 83%

Sabu vs Kid Kash

Apparently Kash made someone mad cause Sabu absolutely crushes him in this match. It's almost a complete squash and Sabu comes out looking like a million bucks against a pretty decent opponent. Sabu wins the match with the Arabian Facebuster for the pinfall victory! After the match Sabu decimates Kash some more with the Atomic Arabian Facebuster!

(Winner: Sabu)

Overall Rating: 75%

Crowd Reaction: 70%

Match Quality: 81%

We get ready for a commercial break but before we go to commercial we see Chris Jericho with the ECW Television Title in tow coming into the building. Jericho certainly has hell to pay for what he did to Kurt Angle at Heatwave but will Angle get his hands on Jericho tonight!?

Overall Rating: 86%

Brian Kendrick vs Super Dragon

Super Dragon somehow wound up being cheered in this match due to the fact the crowd dislikes Kendrick and the New Breed so much but the crowd reaction wasn't that great. Kendrick looked like he was going to win the match when Super Dragon hits a low blow and executes a beautiful Psycho Driver! This allows him to gain the pinfall and Dragon pulls the tights on the pin for good measure. Dragon then makes an example of Kendrick to the rest of the Lightweight Division by getting a chair and CURB STOMPING KENDRICK'S FACE INTO THE CHAIR!!!! Kendrick is left out in the ring as Super Dragon celebrates over him!

(Winner and Advancing: Super Dragon)

Overall Rating: 67%

Crowd Reaction: 47%

Match Quality: 88%

CM Punk vs Al Snow

This match was not overly dominated one way or another but it also never looked like Snow was going to beat Punk. The end came when Punk gave Al Snow the Pepsi Plunge to gain the pinfall and then he grabbed a microphone and got down in Snow's face

(Winner: CM Punk)

CM Punk: You know why I beat you Al?! Because I'm Straight Edge. That means I am Drug and Alcohol Free and It MEANS I'M BETTER THAN YOU!

Punk threw the microphone down on Snow and leaves the ring victorious

Crowd Reaction: 72%

Match Quality: 84%

....Gonna Kill You...

We're backstage where Rey Mysterio is getting ready for his match where out of nowhere this huge man comes walking up and begins beating the crap out of Mysterio. He is big...samoan and..It's SAMOA JOE!!! Joe beats the hell out of Mysterio and finally when he's ready to be done with him. Hoists his body up and delivers a Muscle Buster to him on the Cement! Oh my god Joe just kiled Mysterio!

Overall Rating: 90%

Christian Cage vs Lance Storm

Cage dominated most of this match, just being quicker and faster on the move than Storm in this match. Storm showed his age in this match as five or ten years ago he would've taken Cage to school but instead Cage winds up getting the win with the Unprettier and then out of nowhere through the crowd comes Rhino! Rhino runs into the ring and GORES THE HELL OUT OF CAGE!!! Rhino pounds his chest and poses over the body of Cage and then stands over him talking trash until he decides to leave!

(Winner: Christian Cage)

Overall Rating: 73%

Crowd Reaction: 71%

Match Quality: 75%

Bryan Danielson vs Rey Mysterio

I'd like to say this was a great match but i'd be lying. After the abuse Rey took in the back, it was surprising to see him even make it to the ring. Danielson though dominated a hurt Mysterio and winds up locking in the Cattle Mutilation submission and Mysterio taps out in a hurry so Danielson advances on a hurt Mysterio. Not the way he'd want to do it normally but he'll take it!

(Winner and Advancing: Bryan Danielson)

Overall Rating: 77%

I Want you Now!

Cactus Jack's music hits after Mysterio and Danielson leave the ring from the last match and Cactus Jack walks to the ring, slowly as he's still hurting from his Cage Match with Hardy from last Sunday at Heatwave. He does do the "Bang Bang" pose but he is clearly slowed after that war with Hardy. He grabs a microphone and seems to be ready to talk! YAY!

Cactus Jack: Last sunday night I went through a war. It feels like I was hit with a car, ran over by a semi. Every other term you could ever use for feeling like S..beep. But ya know what? I LIKE IT! I Want more! I want the pain and the suffering and I want to inflict more of it. I'm not at all done with you Matt. You see you did beat me at Heatwave and that's credit to you. But i've lost piece of my body in this ring and you didn't do enough to stop me. You only Slowed me down! So I am BEGGING YOU. Come down here so we can do it again. I don't care what you bring with you or who! Face me like a man!

Cactus stands there for a moment waiting but there is no music and no attack from Hardy. Simply nothing. Cactus seems dissappointed and then gets himself out of the ring and marches to the back, looking like he's going to find someone...I think we know who!

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit

(Non-Title)

Jericho and Benoit put on a pure wrestling Clinic in that ring tonight. Each man had a reversal for the other man's move and vice versa in chain for about twenty minutes. They went back and forth move for move. Jericho only got the victory when he winds up hitting a Front Russian Legsweep face first onto a flat chair on Benoit that allows him to get a three count but as he does the crowd erupts as Kurt Angle comes marching down to the ring with a steel chair in hand. His head wrapped in bandages as well as his ribs which can be seen because he only has Gym pants on as he comes to the ring. Jericho surprisingly stands his ground as Angle gets into the ring and he attacks. He stomps on Angle and gets him up and whips him to the ropes but Angle whom had dropped his chair, ducks Jericho's wild swing. He picks up the chair he brought to the ring as Jericho turns and CRACKK! He floors Jericho and seemingly knocks him silly. Angle sees Benoit getting up and in his rage he turns to him...CRACK! He knocks Benoit on his backside as hard as he can with the chair as well. Angle then picks up Jericho and goes for an Angle Slam but Jericho avoids being hit with it by landing behind Angle and rolling out of the ring. He's staggered but manages to grab the ECW TV Title from the ref who was holding it near the aisle and gets out of dodge before Angle can get more of him or take what he feels is "His" Title. Angle yells at him from the ring that he's going to break his neck and we go off the air tonight with Angle standing tall in the ring, yelling at Jericho!

(Winner: Chris Jericho)

Overall Rating: 92%

Crowd Reaction: 86%

Match Quality: 99%

Show Rating: 79%

IPB Image

Tonight on Devastation it's time to finish up Round 2 of the Lightweight Title Tournament with one last match. Paul London will face off against Roderick Strong to see who moves into the Semi's! It's a very important match and if Paul London continues on, he can be ECW's first Double Champion since it reformed!

CM Punk made his presence felt at Extreme TV and he will fight again tonight against another ECW Staple as he fights Justin Credible one on one.

Tonight will also have the debut of Snitski whom winds up fighting Vampiro one on one in what is sure to be a brawl all around the ECW Arena!

All this and much more tonight on Devastation!

Featured Matches

Paul London vs Roderick Strong (2nd Round Lightweight Title Tourny Match)

CM Punk vs Justin Credible

Snitski vs Vampiro

IPB Image

We're backstage to start the show where Jerry Lynn is coming into the arena when from out of nowhere, attacking with a Running Thrust Kick to the side of the head is Samoa Joe!!! Joe proceeds to beat the holy hell out of Jerry Lynn backstage until he as well feels the Muscle Buster but this time Joe puts Jerry Lynn through a table which used to have a buffet on it but now it's in pieces all over the floor. Joe then smirks and walks off as he's now attacked another member of ECW without cause or provokation!

Overall Rating: 65%

Paul London vs Roderick Strong

Strong actually controlled a bulk of this match after it was pretty even in the early going. Strong used his power to take over the match as he's just barely under the weight limit of the Lightweight Division but London does pull out the match via not so reputable methods. Kendrick comes running down to the ring and Strong goes over and is distracted by him. London then Dropsaults his back so he hits the ropes chest first towards Kendrick. London heads over to a corner while Strong is still falling to the mat because Kendrick jumped up and yanked Strong's neck down over the top rope and sent him reeling back into the ring. London is on top..LONDON STAR PRESS!!! London hooks the leg..1...2....3! Paul London has stolen advancement into the Semi-Finals due to Brian Kendrick's interference in the match...Damn the New Breed!

(Winner and Advancing: Paul London)

Overall Rating: 74%

Crowd Reaction: 63%

Match Quality: 86%

Paul Birchill vs Sean O'Haire

You'd think this match would be even but it wasn't. O'Haire with a bandage on his head still from the Christian Cage attack in his match at Heatwave. He's furious and absolutely destroys Birchill and finishes him off with an impactful Prophecy (DVD) to gain the pinfall victory and stomps the hell out of Birchill till he's out of the ring and on the matting on the outside. We take a commercial break at this point!

(Winner: Sean O'Haire)

Overall Rating: 64%

Crowd Reaction: 49%

Match Quality: 80%

A Video package airs with what happened on Saturday at Extreme TV with Angle attacking to get his belt back but Jericho escaping with it and the question being posed as to will Kurt Angle get his revenge and TV Title back? Tune into Extreme TV on Saturday Night to find out. This package airs as we come back from commercial!

Overall Rating: 96%

Snitski vs Vampiro

This is Snitski's debut in an ECW ring and it's very impressive. He mauls Vampiro for the entire five minute match and at the end he grabs a ladder from under the ring and brings it into the ring. He then proceeds to demolish Vampiro in the face with it. Then he begins using it like a baseball bat to swing down onto Vampiro and finally he hits a MASSIVE Chokeslam on Vampiro to the Ladder which was now laying flat in the ring. Vampiro has blood coming from his lips as Snitski pins him and gets the victory. EMT's come out to help Vampiro whom looks seriously hurt from this beating as Snitski celebrates!

(Winner: Snitski)

Overall Rating: 68%

Crowd Reaction: 67%

Match Quality: 70%

CM Punk vs Justin Credible

(Main Event)

This was actually a more even match than Punk and Al Snow but still Punk looked very good in this match and was in control more than Credible was. The ending comes when Punk hits the Pearl River Plunge on Credible for the three count to get the win and starts yelling down at Credible after the pinfall the same thing he said on the microphone at last Extreme TV. The show ends with Punk mocking Credible and celebrating his victory!

Crowd Reaction: 69%

Show Rating: 73%

IPB Image

In the last week Rey Mysterio and Jerry Lynn have both been taken out by this Mammoth Samoan man named Samoa Joe. Tonight for the first time ever he will be in an ECW Ring when he takes on Rey Mysterio and Jerry Lynn in a Handicap Match!

Also Matt Hardy did not answer Cactus Jack's challenge so Cactus has sworn to beat it out of his stablemates until he answers his challenge! Tonight it will be Cactus Jack against Paul London one on one!

The Messiah came back with a vengence and showed he's not ready to admit defeat with Sandman. What will happen tonight between these two maniacs?

Jericho escaped last week with Kurt Angle's ECW Television Title. Tonight Kurt Angle is defending his belt although he doesn't actually have it with him. He will put it up against Chris Benoit! Will Jericho be in the building tonight and if so will he make his presence felt?

Christian Cage got cut in half last week by Rhino whom took Cage's attack at Heatwave personally. Now with just 4 Weeks until Cage challenges Rob Van Dam for the ECW Heavyweight Crown. Rhino wants a piece of Cage before he can get that far. Will Rhino cut Cage's Championship dreams short tonight? Or will Cage pull another one out!?

All this and much more tonight on Extreme TV!

Featured Matches

Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio/Jerry Lynn (2 on 1 Handicap Match)

Cactus Jack vs Paul London

Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit (ECW Television Title Match)

Christian Cage vs Rhino

Guest JoeJurevicius83

Pretty good, but a few things.

1. If Vince McMahon is paying for this, they don't have to call him Christian Cage. He can just be Christian. Just a minor detail.

2. Instead of saying:

starts yelling down at Credible after the pinfall the same thing he said on the microphone at last Extreme TV

I Understand what your saying. I'm calling him Christian Cage cause quite honestly I like it better lol. It's the real reason.

Now with Hero, Kazarian and Cabana. They were part of my original roster so I didn't feel the need to debut them big. Never planned on them being too big early on. Your right about Joe, Cage and Rhino though and if I sign anyone else it needs to wait a while.

In regards to Punk. Your right it was a mistake to summerize it. Cause I am trying to get him over with the Straight Edge gimmick. So I should've elaborated some.

Thank you much for the feedback.

IPB Image

We kick off Extreme TV with a video package of the Messiah/Sandman match from Heatwave as well as all their other altercations. Then once we've finished watching it we go LIVE to the ECW Arena and with Masato Tanaka's music hitting!

Masato Tanaka vs The Messiah

Tanaka is making his way down to the ring to a pretty good ovation from the crowd and then The Messiah's music hits and the crowd boo's him heavily due to the fact he's against Sandman and Sandman is super over in ECW. Messiah gets to the ring and these two go at it for about eight minutes before Messiah wins the match with a Death Valley Driver off the ring, through the timekeeper's table on the outside to get the pinfall once he got Tanaka back into the ring but as he's getting the pinfall. Sandman comes running down to the ring with his Cane and proceeds to begin caning the hell out of Messiah. Sandman takes Messiah to task with his Cane and finishes the beatdown with his White Russian Legsweep to leave Messiah laying on the mat. I guess these two aren't done with each other yet!

(Winner: The Messiah)

Overall Rating: 71%

Crowd Reaction: 73%

Match Quality: 85%

We cut backstage where Al Snow is talking with Steve Corino about something that we really don't care about. What we do care about is when Hardy flanked by the Tag Team Champions, London & Kendrick as well as O'Haire whom all proceed to beat the hell out of Al Snow. The Tag Champs have chairs and beat the holy hell out of Snow with the chairs and then O'Haire picks Snow up and hits the Prophecy on him to the concrete floor and then Hardy picks a limp Snow up and talks to the camera for a brief moment

Hardy: Cactus this is an example of what I would do to you if I got in the ring with you again. This pathetic excuse for a wrestler is a portrayal of you. So the answer to your challenge is No. I will not fight you again. I Beat you and did so without any help. So I have nothing more to prove to you! Just making an example out of one of your buddies to show you what will happen if you keep persuing this!

Hardy then hits a nasty Spike Twist of Fate on Snow and his head spikes on the floor and he begins bleeding from his forehead and it pools around his head as the New Breed leave him lying in his own blood. They all congratulate each other as we head to a commercial break!

Jamie Noble vs Jay Lethal

This was just a Lightweight match put in so nobody forgets about the Tournament going on. It was a pretty exciting match but the crowd wasn't into it too much till around the end. Lethal winds up getting the victory with a Brainbuster on Noble which gets him the three count!

(Winner: Jay Lethal)

Crowd Reaction: 55%

Match Quality: 90%

Cactus Jack vs Paul London

Paul London was first to the ring with his ECW Tag Title around his waist. He hands it out of the ring and then Cactus Jack's music hits and he comes stalking to the ring with a Barbed Wire 2x4 in hand. He has the look of being more pissed off than he's been in a long time. Cactus climbs into the ring and London moves to attack but CACTUS NAILS LONDON ACROSS THE BARE CHEST WITH THE BARBED WIRE 2x4!!! Cactus then proceeds to beat the holy hell out of London with it and hits a Double Arm DDT on him as well as his Piledriver and then yells for a microphone and while raking the head of London with the barbed wire, yells on the microphone!

(uh...no contest?)

Cactus Jack: HARDY. You want to come after me it's one thing. When you attack someone whom has been my friend for years. It's another. So unless you want me to have a Blood-letting of one of your friends right here in this god damn ring. YOU ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE!!! NOW!! NOW!! NOW!!!

Hardy's music hits and he has a bit of a worried look on his face but he still have that confidence about him.

Hardy: Go ahead and do it Cactus. I told you before and am telling you again. I won't Fight you tonight, not next week and definately not at September to Remember!

Cactus throws the microphone he had away and lays the 2x4 on the mat and picks London up for another Piledriver and HE DRIVES LONDON'S HEAD DOWN ONTO THE 2x4 IN BARBED WIRE!!!! Cactus has a sadistic look on his face as he looks straight through Hardy and Hardy leaves before Cactus gets wise and chases him...but still Hardy won't fight Cactus!

A Video is played showing last week where Jericho came to the ring for his "Non-Title" Match with Chris Benoit with the ECW TV Title and Angle's vicious Chair attack on both Jericho and Benoit before Jericho escaped still in possession of the ECW Television Belt. Then we flash to commercial break!

Overall Rating: 97%

Samoa Joe vs Jerry Lynn & Rey Mysterio

(Handicap Match)

You would've thought that the other team was handicapped in this match with how Joe handled himself. Mysterio and Lynn tried to double team Joe early on and were having some success in slowing him down. Finally Joe flipped out and knocked Lynn's head almost clear off with a clothesline and then proceeded to Decimate Mysterio with a Joe Kick, followed by a huge Senton Splash. He threw Lynn down in another corner and gave him a vicious and disrespectful Fash wash and then set Mysterio up and DESTROYED HIM with the Muscle Buster to get the pinfall victory. Joe then got up, wiped his hands off and laughed as he left!

(Winner: Samoa Joe)

Crowd Reaction: 76%

Rob Van Dam vs Lance Storm

(Non-Title Match)

The only reason for this match was so RVD could get a match. He had last week off after retaining against Benoit and wanted a match this week. It was a fairly solid match but the crowd just hasn't been in it all night and this match was no exception. RVD pulls out the victory with a Five Star Frog Splash to get the pin!

(Winner: Rob Van Dam)

Overall Rating: 69%

Crowd Reaction: 69%

Match Quality: 85%

We go to commercial seeing Kurt Angle heading for the entryway from backstage. His match is NEXT!

Overall Rating: 87%

Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit

(ECW Television Title Match)

If you've ever seen any of the Angle/Benoit matches from WWE you understand how good they are. This match was no different. It wasn't a five star classic but it was damn good. A Germanfest as well as a submission clinic by both men. Unfortunately this match doesn't have the finish we'd all like to see. Angle does eventully overcome Benoit and pins him after a top rope German Suplex which was insane! But while Angle is recovering from that, after the pinfall. Jericho slides into the ring after coming through the crowd and has the ECW Television Title in hand to use as a weapon! He runs at Angle as he gets up and turns straight into a head-on belt shot from Jericho! Benoit gets up and gets the same treatment and for the 2nd straight week Benoit is Collateral Damage in the war between these two! Jericho stands over both men holding his arms in the air to a HUGE chorus of boo's from the crowd. If anyone wants to say that this feud isn't the most over thing in the company they have to take a check of their eyes and ears!

(Winner and STILL ECW Television Champion: Kurt Angle)

Crowd Reaction: 81%

Match Quality: 92%

Christian Cage vs Rhino

(Main Event)

This match really wasn't what most people thought it would be. The crowd wasn't as into it as one would hope and quite honestly the ring work was above average but it wasn't spectacular. Rhino actually got his revenge most of the match by dominating a Cowardly Cage most of the match but late in the match, Cage takes a shortcut and punts Rhino between the legs and hits his Unprettier to gain the pinfall! Cage then goes outside and gets two chairs and brings them into the ring. He slams a chair down onto Rhino to keep him down and then slides one chair under his head and...ONE MAN CONCHAIRTO!!! Rhino goes limp in the ring and Cage looks out to the crowd and slaps his chest which gets huge boo's and he makes a belt motion around his waist and then points both arms at himself ala RVD and mouths the words "Next Damn Champion!" We leave the arena tonight with this image!

(Winner: Christian Cage)

Overall Rating: 68%

Crowd Reaction: 77%

Match Quality: 75%

Show Rating: 74%

IPB Image

Bad news occured at Extreme TV when after the Handicap Match with Samoa Joe. Rey Mysterio needed assistance from the ring from Jerry Lynn and it was later found Joe broke his leg. So Mysterio will be on the shelf for 7 months. Jerry Lynn has stated he will get revenge for Mysterio and has challenged Samoa Joe to a match at September to Remember. Will Joe accept and more importantly...Will he have any Remorse for his actions?

Also we will see once again CM Punk in action tonight against Tajiri one on one!

Sandman will also be in action up against Steve Corino!

All this and much more on Devastation!

Featured Matches

CM Punk vs Tajiri

The Sandman vs Steve Corino

Will Samoa Joe accept Jerry Lynn's Challenge?

IPB Image

We don't start in the ring tonight oh no. We start backstage where all we find is the unconcious body of Brian Kendrick with the ECW Tag Team Title draped over him. There is a crowd forming around him and then the New Breed shows up and there is arguing between MNM and the New Breed...all the while behind all of them. Cactus Jack walks by grinning and we cut to the ring!

The Sandman vs Steve Corino

This matchup in the old ECW days would've been a terrific matchup but tonight it was all Sandman all the time. Sandman has had a mean streak since he's been in this huge feud with Messiah and tonight he beat Corino from pillar to post and finished him off with the White Russian Legsweep to gain the pinfall. Afterwards he celebrates with quite a few beers!

(Winner: The Sandman)

Crowd Reaction: 75%

Match Quality: 76%

Justin Credible vs Masato Tanaka

The losing streaks of one of these men had to end and it wound up being Tanaka's that ended in this match. Tanaka pulls off the victory with his Roaring Elbow to Credible to allow Tanaka to gain the three count and win the match!

(Winner: Masato Tanaka)

Overall Rating: 65%

Crowd Reaction: 64%

A Video package plays from last Extreme TV with the Hardy/New Breed attack on Al Snow and the Cactus Jack response with bloodying up London to no avail in getting Hardy to agree to the match!

Overall Rating: 88%

CM Punk vs Tajiri

This was a very good matchup. Best of the night by far. Tajiri and Punker went at it for over ten minutes and just when it looked like Tajiri was going to pull it out with a Buzzsaw Kick. Punk ducks it and drives the back of Tajiri's head into his knee that he planted to the mat. Punk then picks him up and hits a beautifully executed Emerald Fusion to gain the pinfall on Tajiri. He then grabs a microphone and stands over Tajiri and speaks to the crowd as well as to Tajiri

CM Punk: You know why you lost Tajiri? Because I am Straight Edge, Which means I am Drug and Alcohol Free and THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU!

Punk gives Tajiri a final stomp in the gut for good measure and heads off to the back as we go to commercial getting set for the final segment of the evening!

Crowd Reaction: 75%

Match Quality: 91%

Yes...

Jerry Lynn's ECW theme hits and he makes his way down to the ring and he has a microphone so he can do what he needs to tonight!

Lynn: I'm out here tonight for one reason. I am here on the honor of Rey Mysterio who can't be here tonight because a certain individual broke his leg and now Mysterio is on the shelf till sometime next year. That individual is Samoa Joe. Joe you may be bigger than me, stronger than me. Hell you might even be faster than me but I have more Heart and Guts than you'll ever have and I want you to face me like a man. Not tonight or next week. September to Remember. Jerry Lynn vs Samoa Joe. The Last Man Standing Walks out. Because I won't rest until I make sure your out for as long as you put Mysterio out for!

Joe's music hits (I can't think of any theme other than his TNA one so run with it there ok?) and Samoa Joe makes his way out from the back and he has a microphone in hand as well as he comes to the ring with a smirk on his face in his wrestling tights and a white towel over his left shoulder. He gets up into Jerry Lynn's face and speaks to him.

Joe: I'll be straight with you Jerry. I don't care what happened to your little friend Mysterio. He was simply a method for me to make my impact on this company. You two wanted to fight me together and his leg got broke. No sweat off my brow. Now you want to fight me at the Pay Per View. I don't back down from nobody and there's a reason Jerry. Because I am the Samoan Submission Machine. Because I can break you in ten different ways before you even turn around to see what's happened. And because at September to Remember. You won't be walking out, you won't crawl out. You won't even be wheeled out on a stretcher...They will be Zipping you up, putting a toetag on you and Carrying your dead ass out of that arena!

Joe drops the mic right in front of Lynn and laughs as he leaves the ring and Jerry Lynn is left to wonder if he's made the right decision or if he's bitten off more than the New F'n Show can handle! The show ends on Jerry Lynn in the ring

Overall Rating: 69%

Show Rating: 72%

IPB Image

September to Remember Card

Christian Cage vs Rob Van Dam

(ECW Heavyweight Championship Match)

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho

(ECW Television Title, Stip TBA)

The Messiah vs The Sandman

(Stipulation TBA)

Samoa Joe vs Jerry Lynn

(Last Man Standing Match)

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs MNM

(ECW Tag Team Championship Return Match)

Puma/London vs Danielson/Dragon

(ECW Lightweight Championship Match)

CM Punk vs Sabu

CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

IPB Image

Tonight we are on the road to September to Remember. Most of the card has been set in place and tonight we see Lightweight Action before next week's Semi-Finals on Extreme TV. Tonight we have a 4 Way Dance between the four Final Wrestlers. Puma vs Brian Danielson vs Paul London vs Super Dragon. Just for pride and bragging rights over the other three men in this match!

CM Punk is slated to take on the Legendary Terry Funk tonight. Can the young newcomer step up to the plate against the Icon of ECW?

Chris Benoit is set to go one on one with Sean O'Haire tonight as well.

Rumors are flying about that Kurt Angle is going to challenge Chris Jericho to a one on one match tonight and to coax him into it. He's willing to put the ECW Television Title on the line! Will Jericho accept or continue to dodge Angle with the Stolen belt?

Also in Non-Title action Rob Van Dam will be taking on Sabu! All this and much more tonight on Extreme TV!

Featured Matches

Puma vs Brian Danielson vs Paul London vs Super Dragon (4 Way Dance)

CM Punk vs Terry Funk

Chris Benoit vs Sean O'Haire

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho (ECW Television Title Match?)

Rob Van Dam vs Sabu (Non-Title Match)

IPB Image

We tune into another edition of Extreme TV After the opening video package plays and it shows the savage beating that Paul London took last week on the show as well as the unconcious Brian Kendrick from Devastation and right now with Brian Kendrick out tonight...Hardy has to wonder what or who will be next?!

Puma vs Super Dragon vs Brian Danielson vs Paul London

(4 Way Dance)

This match would've been good under normal circumstances but one fourth of the men was somewhat hurt coming into this match. London's head was very heavily bandaged from the attack by Cactus Jack last week and Brian Danielson focused on nothing else but London's head. Not worried about anything but hurting his chances to advance next week on Extreme TV in the Tournament. Which left Puma and Super Dragon to fight in the ring. It looked for a moment like Super Dragon was going to hit the Pyscho Driver and win but Puma fought out of it with knees to Super Dragon's head and Puma lept to the apron of the ring and Slingshots himself into a Skull Crusher on Super Dragon..1...2...3! Puma wins the match and perhaps has a bit of an advantage going into his match next week!

(Winner: Puma)

Overall Rating: 73%

Crowd Reaction: 61%

We go backstage where apparently it has happened that Cactus Jack has gotten his hands on Matt Hardy. Both men are fighting in the parking lot back and forth with right hands. With Paul London in the ring and beaten down, Kendrick not here and O'Haire having not arrived yet. Hardy was defenseless except for his own skills. Cactus gains the upper hand and pummels Hardy onto a Sedan's hood. He climbs up and pulls Hardy to his feet and PILEDRIVER ONTO THE HOOD OF THE CAR!!!! Hardy is pretty much limp on the hood of the car but Cactus waves a finger and motions he's not done yet and picks Hardy up and DOUBLE ARM DDT TO THE ROOF OF THE CAR!!! Hardy then falls off of the car and is unconcious on the pavement as Cactus climbs down and says in a fairly calm voice to him

Cactus Jack: I Truely hope you are re-considering your decision Matt, for your health's sake.

Cactus walks off and we're left with a vision of an unconcious Matt Hardy on the pavement as we go to commercial break!

Overall Rating: 81%

CM Punk vs Terry Funk

This was another very good match. The crowd was surprisingly into this match and Punk was very over as a heel. He's been making some headway we can see. Punk nearly falls to Funk but when Funk goes for his Spaghetti legged Moonsault. Punk gets up and clips his legs so he crotches himself and then TOP ROPE PEARL RIVER PLUNGE! Punk has finished Funk and he covers him..1...2....3! CM Punk gets up and celebrates a moment and then grabs a microphone to give his post-match message to another of his fallen opponents

CM Punk: Do you know why you can't beat me Funk? Because I am Straight Edge! Which means I am Drug and Alcohol Free and THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU!

Punk slaps Funk right across his face and then he leaves the ring to the boo's from the crowd!

Overall Rating: 79%

Crowd Reaction: 82%

Match Quality: 74%

Chris Benoit vs Sean O'Haire

This match would've been a very good match had it lasted any period of time at all. But with London hurting in the back and the rest of the New Breed not in the building. Cactus Jack takes the opportunity to strike as Sean O'Haire comes out for his match he gets clubbed in the back of his legs with a Barbed Wire 2x4 which tears open his legs pretty good. Cactus then pummels him with the 2x4 until he's bleeding from his back and forehead. Cactus then pretty much drags O'Haire down to the ring and hits a Double Arm DDT on the outside and then rolls O'Haire into the ring. Benoit's music then hits and he shrugs as he comes down to the ring and picks the bones of O'Haire. A Suicide Headbutt later and Benoit has earned a three count in almost record time and at this point...Cactus may have gotten through to the New Breed!

(Winner: Chris Benoit)

Fine!

Kurt Angle's music hits and he comes stalking out from the back as his music plays and the crowd is super hot for the American Hero. Angle though is still in a bad mood without his ECW Television Belt. He's out here for a reason and we're about to find out what.

Angle: It's plain and damn simple. Jericho I want my Title Belt back and I am willing to give you another shot at the ECW Television Title to get my belt back in my hands. So bring me down my belt and I will give you, your title shot.

"King of My World" hits and Chris Jericho comes down to the ring after posing with the Stolen ECW TV Title. He saunters down to the ring and is very arrogant tonight about the position he has Angle in. He climbs into the ring and grabs the microphone from Angle

Jericho: So Kurt my buddy. You will give me a Title Shot if I give you back MY ECW Television Title? But it's my belt Kurt. I got it fair and square. I mean I can't help that you can't get the job done and actually take back what you think is yours!

Angle looks to charge at Jericho and beat the hell out of him and Jericho holds up his hand at Angle

Jericho: Woah hold on there Kurt. Alright, Alright calm down. I will be reasonable and for one more shot at the TV Title. I'll give you the damn belt back...

Jericho unstraps the belt as he drops the microphone and WAILS KURT ANGLE RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES WITH IT! Jericho trash talks a downed Angle and leaves through the Crowd with the ECW TV Title and Angle is left in the ring, fuming after he recovers. Something is going to explode between these two!

Overall Rating: 98%

The Messiah vs Vito

This was really just a tune-up match for Messiah as he beat the holy hell out of Vito and finally won the match with the Godsmack on Vito to get the pinfall victory. Sandman can be seen in the back of the arena though Messiah doesn't catch him. Sandman is just watching and drinking...waiting it seems.

Crowd Reaction: 51%

Match Quality: 78%

Jerry Lynn vs Kid Kash

This was a very solid technical match but the crowd wasn't as into it as one would like to see for this kind of match. Lynn was in control most of the match and he winds up catching Kash as he tried for a Top Rope Hurricarana and catches him into the Cradle Piledriver position and NAILS IT! Lynn then gets the pinfall and doesn't get the chance to celebrate because Joe hits the ring! Joe hits a series of punches and chops on Lynn, backing him into a far corner and then beats him down until he's sitting down and Joe runs to the ropes after pushing his foot across Lynn's face and a HUGE FACEWASH BY JOE!!! Joe then picks Lynn up and whips him to the ropes and hits a Massive Joe Kick to his face. Joe then stops and says to Jerry as he lies on his back

Joe "Just a sample of your end Jerry, Just a sample"

(Winner: Jerry Lynn)

Before we go to commercial we see Chris Jericho leaving the building in a damn hurry with his wrestling gear bag and getting into his car and peeling off before Angle can get his hands on him. Jericho has avoided facing Angle once again!

Overall Rating: 95%

Rob Van Dam vs Sabu

(Non-Title Match, Main Event)

This was a terrific knockdown, drag out fight. RVD and Sabu went back and forth in this match, exchanging move for move like some of their great brawls of the past. RVD though winds up hitting the Fischerman's Buster and climbing to the top rope to go for the Five Star Frog Splash. Before he can hit it though, Christian Cage comes from under the ring and leaps up onto the apron and NAILS RVD with a Lead Pipe in the back which makes him fall from the top rope in pain. Cage gets out of dodge and Sabu grabs his chair which was in the ring and proceeds to hit an Atomic Arabian Facebuster on RVD and pins him..1....2....3! Sabu has beaten the ECW Champion with Christian Cage's help though he didn't know about it! Cage is seen slapping his chest and taunting RVD once again from the top of the aisle as Extreme TV goes off the air!

(Winner: Sabu)

Crowd Reaction: 65%

Match Quality: 93%

Show Rating: 80%

IPB Image

Tonight on Devastation we will have tag team action as MNM gets a match in as September to Remember approaches and their return bout with London and Kendrick will happen then.

Also The Messiah has been on a rampage since Sandman beat the holy hell out of him at Heatwave. Tonight those two will finally go one on one again! The Sandman vs The Messiah Part 2 will happen tonight in the Main Event!

Also Gregory Helms will take on Jamie Noble in Lightweight Action

Featured Matches

MNM vs ???

Gregory Helms vs Jamie Noble

The Messiah vs The Sandman (Main Event)

IPB Image

Devastation starts with a video package of what has happened with Cactus Jack destroying every member of the New Breed in the last two weeks and his challenging of Hardy to another match at September to Remember. Hardy refusing and the destruction that has occured since then. It also says that there will be a major announcement on Extreme TV regarding this situtation!

Overall Rating: 80%

MNM vs Danny Doring & Roadkill

MNM wind up defeating Doring and Roadkill in fairly quick fashion when Nitro and Mercury hit the Snapshot for the pinfall victory! They hit a Snapshot on Roadkill too but then London and Kendrick hit the ring with chairs and decimate all four men with chair shots to the head. London and Kendrick stand over the four men holding their chairs in the air above their heads in triumph with the ECW Tag Team Titles around their waists. We go to commercial from here

(Winners: MNM)

Gregory Helms vs Jamie Noble

Not a thing was messed up and every single move was crisp and looked devastating. If the crowd was into this match more it could've been a five star classic given it had twenty or twenty-five minutes instead of the alotted nine minutes but it was tremendous. The end of the match came when Noble tried for his Tigerbomb but Helms landed on his feet and kneed Noble in the gut and then ran up and destroyed him with a Shining Wizard to gain the pinfall victory!

(Winner: Gregory Helms)

Crowd Reaction: 74%

Match Quality: 100%

A Video package airs of the 20 man battle royal a few weeks back when Christian Cage debuted and he pulled out a win to become the next man to have a Title Shot at Rob Van Dam. Then we move to Heatwave where Christian Cage destroyed both Sean O'Haire and Rhino. Then we see clips of RVD retaining over Chris Benoit at Heatwave and it advances even further to their altercations over the past couple weeks and then we go back to the arena as the hype video for September to Remember for their main event finishes!

Overall Rating: 83%

Samoa Joe vs Frankie Kazarian

This wasn't ever a close match. Kazarian got a few moves in here and there but nothing sustained for more than a move or two in sequence. In the end Joe finishes Kazarian off after hitting his Running Powerslam, then a Joe Kick and Senton Splash and then puts Kazarian on the top rope and devastates him with a Muscle Buster to gain the win. Joe then goes outside the ring and grabs a Steel Chair. He brings it into the ring and gets Kazarian up and BLASTS HIM with the chair in the head. Joe throws the chair on the mat and puts Kazarian onto the top turnbuckle again. MUSCLE BUSTER TO THE CHAIR!!! Kazarian is limp in the ring and blood is coming from his head. He wipes the blood onto his towel and smirks to the camera, telling Jerry Lynn this is his future!

(Winner: Samoa Joe)

Overall Rating: 56%

Crowd Reaction: 44%

The Messiah vs The Sandman

The Sandman is the first to come out. His music hits and he makes his way down through the crowd to the cheers of everyone in the arena. The crowd is loud for this match. As Sandman is coming to the ring he is stopped by a fan and THE FAN SPRAYS HIM IN THE FACE WITH SOME LIQUID!!!! The fan pulls his hoody off to reveal The Messiah!! Messiah then begins beating the holy hell out of Sandman whom appears to not be able to see and it seems like Messiah sprayed him in the eyes with Pepper Spray or Mace! Messiah drags Sandman to the ring and pulls from under the ring a Barbed Wire covered Wood Board. He slides it into the ring and rolls Sandman into the ring as well. Messiah picks Sandman up onto his shoulders and...GODSMACK DOWN ONTO THE BARBED WIRE BOARD!!!! Sandman screams in agony and starts shaking from shock as Messiah rips him out of the Barbed wire, cutting Sandman up quite a bit and covers him..1...2....3! Messiah celebrates over the defenseless Sandman as he quivers in the ring and tries to rub his eyes out. Messiah climbs to the second rope of a turnbuckle to the HUGE boo's from the crowd and gloats as Devastation goes off the air!

Crowd Reaction: 82%

Match Quality: 80%

Show Rating: 72%

5Wrestling.com News and Notes

Many news worthy stories happened as we came into the month of September. ECW has procured a Prime-Time slot for their Tuesday Night Devastation show which will allow them to elaborate on more storylines and put on more wrestling for their fans. They are probably going to now treat it equal or just a little lesser than Extreme TV!

Also on the WWE front this month. Vince McMahon has announced he will retire from the WWE once September ends and coincidentally enough. Hulk Hogan has announced he will be retiring from wrestling once September ends as well

The other big news to start this month is that WWE has went ahead and found a way to sign Bill Goldberg to a new contract! That's huge for one of the few free agents left out there.

With TNA trying to compete with ECW and WWE. It's finding it hard to get past ECW which has seemingly become the #2 company in the Country!

IPB Image

Tonight is when we find out who will be competing at September to Remember for the ECW Lightweight Championship! Two Semi-Final Matches! Puma vs Paul London & Super Dragon vs Bryan Danielson! The winners will move on and the losers are done.

Tonight it's been rumored all week that Hardy after being sent to the Hospital last week. Is ready to accept the challenge of Cactus Jack at September to Remember but what will Hardy actually say tonight?!

The Messiah cheap shotted Sandman with Pepper Spray on Tuesday Night and then beat him mercilessly and bloodied him to all hell by dropping him with a Godsmack (His finisher) into a Barbed Wire covered Board which tore him apart. Will The Sandman be in attendance just eight days from their next war which is scheduled for September to Remember??

Christian Cage will be in the house tonight and will face Rob Van Dam one on one in non-title action. Just eight days before they meet for the ECW Heavyweight Championship!

Chris Jericho will not be in the house tonight as he is staying away this week with how furious Kurt Angle was after last week. Kurt Angle on the other hand will go one on one with Rhino tonight!

Featured Matches

Puma vs Paul London (Semi-Finals in the Lightweight Title Tourny)

Super Dragon vs Bryan Danielson (Semi-Finals in the Lightweight Title Tourny)

Christian Cage vs Rob Van Dam (Non-Title, Main Event)

Kurt Angle vs Rhino

Guest Cash Mikey

you show dedication to your dairy

which is a good thing.

keep it up!

P.S BRING CM PUNK BACK INTO THE PICTURE!!! hes my fav

xMikeyx

Edited by Cash Mikey