RAW Reformation: 2006

Thatz

I'm OSC from Corp-X. I'm no longer posting there, so I'll be following your diary here on EWB. I had some nice feedback written out for you, but my browser froze, as usual when I am doing something important. This was a really good show. One thing that stands out as excellent to me is the development of Benji/Smith. That would be an excellent match, and hopefully it's a good feud. Shane as GM is still quite questionable, but I can deal. Burke and Haas as a team = RATINGS! He was the last person I expected to take the opportunity to team with Haas, but I like it. I like it a lot, and hope to see them in the Tag Title Hunt soon. The one thing I didn't care for much was the final segment of the show, but the majority of it was really enjoyable. 4/5 Good job. ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

WWE RAW – AUGUST 28th, 2006

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP:

The Spirit Squad© vs The Highlanders

RAW started on a high note this week with a championship match. The Highlanders competed against the Spirit Squad, represented by Johnny and Mikey. They used their brute strength to over-power the Spirit Squad, who in turn used their numbers to their advantage. After interfering in the match several times however, the referee ejected Kenny, Mitch, and Nicky from ringside! They went to the back, and the real match began. The Highlanders dominated the Squad, tossing them about the ring. After several minutes of punishment, Robbie picked up Mikey and connected with the Scot-Drop with help from Rory. Robbie then pinned Mikey as Rory held off Johnny, to win the Highlanders their first titles! They celebrated up the ramp to a good reaction, as the Squad looked on in frustration from the ring.

The Highlanders def. The Spirit Squad via pinfall to become the NEW World Tag Team Champions. [**1/4]

The Legend Killer Meets The Legend

[When RAW comes back, Randy Orton's music hits and he comes down to the ring to loud boos. He smirks as he enters, and he poses in the corner before taking a microphone.]

Orton: “Last week on RAW, you witnessed history. Last week, Degeneration X was destroyed. I, Randy Orton, single-handedly killed the legend of the greatest group of all-time. Because you see, Shawn Michaels, you see, Triple H...the times have changed. Nobody cares about you guys anymore. It was funny when you guys were younger, back in the 90's. But nobody wants to see two guys your age running around and doing crotch-chops. They want to see something new. They want to see the future. And that's just what I am. I am Randy Orton, Legend Killer! I am the new legend! It's time for the past to step aside, and let a new generation rise in it's place, with me at its head! DX, if you aint down with that, I've got two words for ya-”

[Orton is interrupted, as DX's music hits! The crowd goes crazy, as Triple H makes his way to the entrance ramp alone. He doesn't look like he has lately. He's no longer smiling or laughing about DX. He looks dead serious as he stares down Randy Orton.]

Triple H: “I'll admit...it took a lot of guts to do what you did last week, Orton. I've got to give you credit...you did good. You took out two of the biggest legends that this industry has ever seen, and you did it by yourself. I mean, you beat Shawn Michaels so bad that he can't even make it here tonight! You put him on the shelf, man. Nice job! Unfortunately for you though, Mister Legend Killer...you didn't put me out. [pop.] No, here I stand, looking you straight in the eye. You may be the future Orton, but you haven't proven yourself yet. Until you beat me, Degeneration X isn't dead. Until you beat me, you can't rise to the top. And from what I remember...you still haven't beaten me. Because I'm the Game! The King of Kings! This is my world, Randy. I call the shots! I'm a ten-time World Champion. What have you done? You would be nothing if I hadn't taken you under my wing in Evolution!”

[Orton looks pissed off, as he interrupts Triple H.]

Orton: “Nothing? I'm the Legend Killer, whether you like it or not! I've beaten Mick Foley, I've spit in the face of Harley Race, I've pinned Ric Flair! You want to bring up Evolution? Let me refresh your memory on the whole concept, Hunter. The entire point of the whole thing was to have the stars of the past, the stars of the future, and the stars of today. I'm past being the star of the future. I know that I'm going to be great. I want to be the star of today. And if it takes me bashing your head in with a steel chair, then so be it!”

Triple H: “You really think that you can beat me, Orton? You really think that you can pin me, 1-2-3?”

Orton: “You're damn right I think I can beat you. I know I can!”

Triple H: “Then let's settle it. You and me, one-on-one, at Unforgiven. You can make it whatever you want. If you want it to be the match where you kill Degeneration X, then fine. You can go ahead and try. But just to let you know Orton, you injured my best friend. Did you see what happened to McMahon at SummerSlam? When somebody pisses me off, they get hurt. I don't care if you're the future, I don't care if you're the past, I don't care if you're the biggest star in the world...come Unforgiven, I'm going to kick your ass!”

[Orton smirks at Triple H as “The Game” flexes his muscles, and RAW cuts to a break.]

The Samoan Open #5

[Armando Alejandro Estrada is in the ring, with a microphone in his hand.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! For the past month, you have witnessed hombre after hombre enter the Samoan Open...and be crushed! Haha! So who's it going to be this week, eh?”

[The challenge is answered as some familiar music plays, and Smackdown!'s Tatanka comes out and enters the ring to a small pop.”

Estrada: “I know ju...ju are Tatanka, no? I said that we will accept any challengers...but do ju really think that ju can win this little challenge? You may be a warrior, but ju will be facing the undefeated Samoan Bulldozer....Uuuuuumaga!”

[umaga comes down to the ring, as the bell sounds and the match starts.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga vs Tatanka

Tatanka, like all of the other previous challengers, didn't really stand much of a chance against the strength of Umaga. Umaga came out firint, attacking Tatanka with a bunch of stiff strikes. He then picked him up and threw him into the corner. Umaga rammed Tatanka's head into the turnbuckle a few times, before tossing him into the middle of the ring. Umaga went to the top and connected with a swandive headbutt. He was about to pin Tatanka, but Armando rose on the apron, and motioned for him to use the spike. Umaga simply picked up Tatanka by the neck, and drove his thumb into his throat. Three seconds later the match was over, and Umaga remained unbeaten.

Umaga def. Tatanka via pinfall. [1/2*]

Triple Threat

[shane McMahon is shown sitting backstage, at a desk in his office. He's staring intently at some papers. A knock comes at his door, and Melina, Johnny Nitro, and Shelton Benjamin come barging in, causing Shane to stop his work.]

Melina: “A six-person tag match? What kind of crap is that? That's not fair at all! You really expect us to compete against Carlito, Smith, and Mickie? There's no way! These two have matches at Unforgiven, and I should be Women's Champion. You saw what happened last week!”

[shane looks at the trio, not smiling.]

Shane: “What the hell are you doing?”

[Melina's anger seemingly fades, as she looks at Shane.]

Shane: “I'm in here trying to go over this contract for the WWE Championship match at Unforgiven, and you three just come running in here and start screaming? You're lucky that two of you even have matches at Unforgiven! And then you, Melina. I was going to give you a solo shot at the Women's Championship, but now I've changed my mind. At Unforgiven it's going to be Mickie James defending against you AND Trish Stratus! Now get out of here before I take away your chances of winning the belt completely!”

[Melina, Nitro, and Benjamin quickly leave the room, as Shane shakes his head and sighs before continuing his work.]

The Shooters

[Maria is standing backstage with Charlie Haas and Elijah Burke.]

Maria: “Elijah, last week you teamed up with Charlie Haas to create a new tag team, the Shooters. This week you've got your first match by yourself, when you take on Rob Conway. How are you going to handle your match?”

Burke: “I've only been here for a week and I already know what kind of guy Rob Conway is. He's exactly the kind of guy that I don't like! He's selfish, he's arrogant, and he thinks that he's better than he really is. I'm going to show you, and all of the fans here tonight, exactly what it means to be part of the Shooters. Conway, I don't care what it takes. If I have to pin you, I will. If I have to make you tap out, I will. And if I have to knock your ass out, I'll do that too. I'm Elijah Burke, we're the Shooters, and the rest of the roster had better be ready for a fight.”

[burke leaves the area with Haas, heading towards the ring for their match.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Elijah Burke vs Rob Conway

Burke looked impressive once again against Conway, using a mixture of pure wrestling and strikes, almost UFC-like. Conway really had no way to prepare for this offense, as Burke just started pouding him from the opening bell. He rocked Conway with several blows to the face, causing Conway to roll to the outside. He couldn't escape though, as Charlie Haas threw him back into the ring. Burke then busted out some submissions, and started hitting a few kicks on Conway. After a couple of minutes, Burke, hit Conway with the Stroke (Elijah Experience) and locked in a scissored armbar for the submission win.

Elijah Burke def. Rob Conway via submission. [*1/2]

The Reunion

[burke and Haas were celebrating after the match, when Burke was suddenly struck from behind! The camera revealed Matt Striker! Striker's assault didn't last long however, as Haas quickly came to the aid of his partner, attacking Striker and sending him out of the ring. The Shooters were once again celebrating, when another man attacked them. This time they were hit with chairs, and sent from the ring. The man holding the chair was noneother than Rene Dupree!]

Conway: “Haas, Burke...you want to play games? You're not the only one who's got friends, Charlie. You see this man next to me? This is Rene Dupree! A few years ago we formed one of the most dominant groups in wrestling. You want to make a name for yourselves in the tag division? Then you can start by facing us at Unforgiven. We'll see if you can make it past La Resistance!”

[Conway and Dupree make their exit, walking past a downed Elijah Burke and Charlie Haas as the show goes to a break.]

Main Event Preparations

[Carlito and Harry Smith are in the back, warming up for the main event. They are stretching when a knock comes at the door, and Mickie James comes walking in.]

Mickie: “Hey guys!”

Carlito: “Uh...hey, Mickie...”

Mickie: “You guys ready for our match up next? I've been ready all week!”

Smith: “Yeah, I guess...”

Mickie: “Alright then, let's go!”

[Mickie turns to leave, when she comes face-to-face with Trish Stratus. She instinctively backs away, clutching her Women's Championship.]

Mickie: “Trish? What are you doing here? We've got a match next, not you! You're just trying to steal my belt, aren't you?”

Trish: “No, Mickie. Listen...I'll do what I have to do at Unforgiven. If I have to pin you, then I will. But right now, there are more important things. Like you taking care of that bitch Melina!”

[Mickie nods slowly, as Carlito and Smith step in front of the two. The four of them then head out the door, ready for the match.]

SIX-PERSON MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH:

Harry Smith, Carlito© & Mickie James© vs Shelton Benjamin, Johnny Nitro & Melina

Despite having so many different wrestlers involved in the match, this went over pretty well. The women started off in the ring, and they worked at a fairly slow pace to start the match off. Once the guys (Smith and Nitro) got tagged in, thing seemed to pick up quite a bit. Smith actually looked like he could hang with three of RAW's most athletic young stars, showing some decent agility to go along with his power and pure wrestling. Of course, the other three continued to work well together, pulling off a string of high-flying moves. The finish of the match came when Smith and Benjamin were brawling on the outside, with Carlito and Nitro in the ring. Mickie dashed into the ring and started attacking Nitro, causing Nitro to turn his back to Carlito. Carlito capitalized on the opportunity, jumping up and catching Nitro with the back-cracker! Carlito covered Nitro, and scored the pinfall! He rolled out of the ring and walked up the aisle in celebration, as the others continued to fight in the ring.

Carlito©, Smith, & James© def. Nitro, Benjamin, & Melina via pinfall. [***1/4]

The New Champions

[shane McMahon is shown walking backstage, when he bumps into the Highlanders! The Highlanders are laughing, and looking at their new World Tag Team Title belts.]

Rory: “Hey, it's Mr. Shane! You headin' to the ring there, pal? Oh, sorry...forgot to introduce me self. I'm Rory McAllister, and this is my cousin Robbie-”

Robbie: “I'm Robbie!”

Rory: “And we're the Highlanders. But that's not all. We're the Tag Team Champions...of the World! Isn't that great?”

[shane looks at the Highlanders in a mixture of anger and disgust.]

Shane: “Yeah, it's great. Listen, I'm on my way to the ring for the contract signing. When I'm working, I don't like to be interrupted. Hell...you know what? Congratulations, guys. You've pissed me off! You see, I was just going to give the Spirit Squad their rematch at Unforgiven. It was going to be fair. But since you've irritated me, I'm going to make it even better. At Unforgiven, we'll see the Highlanders defending the World Tag Team Titles against all five members of the Spirit Squad in a handicap match! Now get the hell out of my way!”

[shane shoves Rory to the side, as he continues to walk down the hall.]

The Contract Signing

[RAW comes back from the final commercial break to Shane McMahon sitting at a table in the middle of the ring, with a contract on top. Three microphones are on the table, and Shane takes one of them.]

Shane: “Two weeks ago on RAW we saw John Cena challenge Edge to a Last Man Standing match at Unforgiven for the WWE Championship. Tonight, in this very ring, I will make that match official. But before I do anything here in the ring, I need both of the participants to come down to the ring. So...come on.”

[Cena's music hits, and he comes down to the ring to mainly cheers. He takes a microphone, and stands at one end of the table. Edge's music then plays, and the WWE Champion comes down to the ring with Lita. He enters and stands opposite of Cena.]

Shane: “Guys, the Last Man Standing Match is one of WWE's most dangerous and violent matches. As stated by the rules of the match, there are no disqualifications, weapons of any kind may be used. There are no pinfalls, submissions, or count-outs. The match can only end when one man is unable to answer the 10-count of the referee. By signing this contract for this WWE Championship match, you are willingly putting your body and your career on the line. Understood?”

[both men nod, and stare at eachother.]

Shane: “Good. As the challenger, John Cena will sign first.”

[Cena takes a pen from Shane, and hastily writes his signature on the document, while keeping his eyes in Edge. He hands the pen back to Shane when he's finished.]

Shane: “Okay...Edge, being the WWE Champion, you have to sign this to match the match official.”

[Edge looks at Shane, and then at his WWE Championship. He smirks, and takes the pen...and a microphone.]

Edge: “You want me to put my body, my career, my life on the line just so I can hold on to this piece of gold? If you really think about it...it's crazy. I mean, we could get seriously messed up from this, all for this belt? Yeah, it's definitely crazy. But that's not going to stop me from doing it. Cena...I don't like you. Hell, I hate you! I hate everything that you stand for, and you feel the same way about me. At Unforgiven, we will see blood. We will see violence. This match will be Rated R! I'm not sure if either of us will walk about of it the same. But I do know one thing...it's going to be worth it. It's going to be worth putting my title and my body on the line, just so I can kick your ass one last time!”

[Cena walks up to Edge, and the two stand face-to-face. Cena fails to notice Lita sneaking up behind him though, and when he does, it's too late. She drops to a knee and hits Cena with a low-blow. Cena screams in pain, as Edge takes the WWE Title off of his shoulder and runs into the ropes, blasting Cena in the face with it! Cena goes down, and immediately starts bleeding. Edge looks over to the table, where Shane just sits with a small smirk on his face. He shrugs, as if he sees nothing wrong.]

Edge: “Move! Move! Lita...set it up!”

[shane moves from his seat, as Lita takes the table and sets it up in the corner. Edge drags a bloody Cena towards the table set up in the turnbuckle, and places him against it. He then goes into the opposite corner, and comes running at Cena, sending him straight through the table with a Spear! Edge laughs, and walks over to pick up the contract. He takes the pen and signs it, before walking towards Cena in the corner. He holds the WWE Championship in Cena's bloody face.]

Edge: “You see this? This is mine, Cena! And as long as I'm around, you'll never be WWE Champion again!”

[Edge throws the signed contract onto Cena's chest, and holds his WWE Championship high. The last images before RAW ends are of Cena struggling to get up amongst the wreckage, clutching the contract.]

Quick Match Results

The Highlanders def. The Spirit Squad©

Umaga def. Tatanka

Elijah Burke def. Rob Conway

Carlito©, Smith, & James© def. Nitro, Benjamin, & Melina

WWE News and Notes - September 4th, 2006

-Despite the event being two weeks away, the Unforgiven card is finalized already, with seven matches. Officials are expecting the show to do well, as it is headlined with what is being billed as the final chapter in the Cena/Edge feud.

-Melina has been impressing the people backstage. Although she may not be the best wrestler alive, the general feeling is that she is a good women's wrestler, and is charismatic enough to stick around for a while.

-With Tatanka being beaten by Umaga on RAW, it is expected that we wil see more superstars from other brands compete in the "Samoan Open" soon.

-Chris Benoit has been preparing to return to the Smackdown! brand, and is almost ready. It is expected that he will make his return in his homeland on September 19th, when Smackdown! will be tapped in Ottowa, Ontario.

-RAW managed to score a 4.2 this week, with ECW and Smackdown! both getting a 2.4 rating.

-The decision to reunited Rene Dupree and Rob Conway was rather sudden. Officials were not really pleased with the work of Matt Striker, so his team with Conway was stopped.

-Although rumors are circulating that Kurt Angle's future with WWE may be in question, they are not true. As of right now, Angle will be staying active on the ECW brand.

-October's No Mercy Pay Per View will be headlined by King Booker defending the World Championship against Batista, possibly in some kind of gimmick match.

-The results for HeAT are as follows: Kenny & Nicky def. Murdoch & Cade...Matt Striker def. Val Venis...Charlie Haas def. Mitch.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – SEPTEMBER 4th, 2006

Retribution

[RAW kicks off with John Cena's music playing, and him coming down to the ring as the crowd cheers. He seems to lack the usual smile that he often has, he looks ready for war.]

Cena: “Listen, I'm sure you all saw what went down in this ring last week. Edge and I had a little contract signing for our Last Man Standing match at Unforgiven. I signed my part, and he signed his. But in the middle of all that? Well, it seems like Edge must've saw a little opportunity. Because he had his little two-dollar slut sneak up behind me, and drop be with a hit below the belt! But Edge wasn't done, oh no. He hit me with the title belt to bust me open, and then he speared my ass through a table!”

[Cena starts to look more and more upset as he paces back and forth in the ring.]

Cena: “I've gotta say...bravo, man. That was a nice little scheme you came up with there. You caught me off guard, and you took advantage of it. But as you can see man...I aint down yet. As of right now, I'm still standing! You want to fight me? Then do it like a man! Get your ass down here right now!”

[Cena takes his shirt off and drops the mic, looking ready for a fight...but Edge doesn't come. Cena finally picks the microphone back up.]

Cena: “So this is how it's gonna be, huh? You're going to stay back there, like the cowardly little bastard you are? Well that's fine by me, Champ. If you won't come down here to me, then I'll come back there to you!”

[Cena rolls out of the ring and walks up the ramp, as the show goes to a break.]

Samoan Open #6

[When RAW returns Armando Alejandro Estrada is standing in the ring.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! Last week in the Samoan Open, we saw the first challenger from another brand. It's obvious that nobody here on RAW wants a piece of the Bulldozer. So who's it going to be this week?”

[The challenge is answered, as Simon Dean comes down to the ring! He enters the ring with his bag of products.]

Dean: “I've been hearing some rumors over on Smackdown lately. I've been hearing that there's some big Samoan over here on RAW just running through the roster. But you know what? It makes sense. I mean, look at who he beat last week. Tatanka? Are you kidding me? He hasn't been in shape for years! How about you bring your guy down here to face a real athlete like me?”

Estrada: “Ju think it is funny, do ju? I don't. Ju won't be facing any normal Samoan. Ju will be facing the Samoan Bulldozer...Uuuuuuuumaga!”

[umaga comes down to the ring, as Simon's eyes widen. He backs into the corner as Umaga stares at him. Dean frantically opens his bag, tossing products at Umaga.]

Dean: “Uh...here! Here, take all you want! Free Simon System products for a year! A lifetime! Just...just don't-”

[Dean never finishes, as Umaga runs at him in the corner to start the match.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga vs Simon Dean

Umaga just demolished Simon Dean from bell-to-bell. After attacking him in the corner, Umaga threw Simon across the ring, straight to the outside. Umaga gave chase, catching Simon as he tried to run away. When he finally caught up with him, Dean once again begged for mercy, only to be struck with a knife-edge chop. Umaga threw Simon back into the ring, and hit a Samoan Drop. Umaga then hit a flying headbutt, and hit Simon with the Samoan Spike to pick up the pinfall victory. After the match, Umaga tossed Simon out of the ring, and hurled his scooter onto the entrance ramp, as Estrada laughed.

Umaga def. Simon Dean via pinfall. [½*]

Looking for Revenge

[The camera goes backstage, showing John Cena walking around quickly. He sees Eugene and Jim Duggan, sitting at a table, and he walks over to them.]

Eugene: “Hey John! Wanna play with us? Go Fish!”

[Cena looks at Eugene, who's holding a bunch of cards in his hands, with an odd expression before shaking his head.]

Cena: “No, uh...maybe later, Eugene. Listen...have either of you two seen Edge?”

Eugene: “Yeah! Yeah, I saw him!”

Cena: “You...you did? Where's he at?”

Eugene: “I saw him at WrestleMania 22 in Chicago! It was awesome, he speared Mick Foley through a table! And the table was on fire! And...”

Cena: “Yeah, I saw that too. Thrilling. Did you see him tonight?”

Eugene: “Oh....um, no...I aint seen him...”

[Cena simply walks off as Eugene scratches his head, and Duggan is shown peeking at the cards in Eugene's hands.]

Degeneration X?

[Triple H is shown backstage, sitting in his locker-room. A knock comes at the door, and in come the new World Tag Team Champions, the Highlanders! The Highlanders look different though...they've got on green and black kilts and DX shirts. Triple H just stares at them with a look of anger as the crowd laughs.]

Triple H: “What the hell are you two wearing?”

Rory: “What? We're team-mates, right? Trust us...we're the World Tag Team Champions. We know what we're doin'.”

[Triple H continues to stare at the two.]

Triple H: “Are you kidding me? First off, you aren't in Degeneration X. You never have been, and you never will be. Just because some idiot booked us to team up tonight doesn't mean that we're a team, or that we're friends. Secondly...what the hell are those? Skirts? Degeneration X doesn't wear skirts! Go change back into your normal crap, I don't want our name associated with stuff like that!”

Rory: “But we-”

Triple H: “I don't care! I'm here for one thing, and for one thing only. And that's to get revenge on Randy Orton for injuring my best friend! If you two want to get in my way then fine, I'll kick your asses too. Now, I suggest you go change back.”

[The Highlanders quietly leave the room, looking shocked at Triple H's sudden outburst.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Charlie Haas vs Rene Dupree

Haas and Dupree worked surprisingly well together, having a very competitive match. Haas tried to take it to the mat, but Dupree did a good job forcing him to wrestle a different style. Rob Conway tried to interfere at ringside, but Elijah Burke stopped him each time he tried. This did provide a distraction though, and Dupree used these opportunities to cheat behind the referee's back. Dupree started to actually gain the upper-hand. After hitting a low-blow when the ref was distracted, Dupree caught Haas with the Dupree Driver (Michinoku Driver II) for the pinfall. He rolled out of the ring and celebrated with Conway after the match, as Burke looked after Haas in the ring.

Rene Dupree def. Charlie Haas via pinfall. [**1/4]

Finding the Answer

[John Cena is shown again in the back, walking through the halls. He comes up to a doorway, which reads “Shane McMahon – RAW General Manager.” He enters without knocking, and sees Shane sitting at his desk.]

Shane: “Well if it isn't John Cena. What can I do for ya, bro?”

[shane laughs at Cena, who doesn't smile.]

Cena: “There's a lot of things I could say to you, man. Like why didn't you do anything when Edge attacked me at the contract signing last week? Why'd you let him Spear me through a table? But that's not why I'm here. Where's Edge?”

Shane: “Edge? I don't know-”

Cena: “You know damn well that you know where your Champion is. Where the hell is he?”

[shane merely shrugs at Cena, who turns around and is met with a shot from the WWE Championship to the face! Cena goes down, as Edge starts laying the boots to the challenger.]

Edge: “You wanna play games, Cena? You wanna play games? Well you found me, you stupid piece of ****!”

[Edge kicks Cena one more time, before leaving the room with the title. Shane looks over his desk at Cena, then calls for security.]

Shane: “Security! Get him out of my office!”

[security guards appear and drag Cena out of the room, as Shane McMahon smirks.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Trish Stratus vs Candice Michelle

Candice's inexperience in the ring showed in this match, as Trish controlled it from start to finish. Anything that Candice tried Trish had a counter for it. After only two minutes, Trish started to get some near-falls. Candice tried a quick roll-up while Trish posed for the fans, and she put her feet on the ropes, but Trish kicked out of it. Trish finally hit the Chick Kick after about five minutes, and followed it up with the Stratusfaction to score the pin. After the match, she motioned around her waist that she wanted the title belt.

Trish Stratus def. Candice Michelle via pinfall. [1/2*]

Vengeance

[Edge is shown walking backstage, with Lita. He's almost running as he reaches a car. A driver steps out and opens the door for them.]

Edge: “Come on...we gotta get the hell outta here...”

[Lita gets in and Edge tosses in the WWE Championship before looking over his shoulder...and hit hit from behind by John Cena! Cena goes crazy on Edge, brawling with him all around the area. He finally picks up Edge and places him on his shoulders...delivering the FU on the car's trunk! He gets right up in the face of Edge.]

Cena: “Edge! You want a fight! Well you got one you son of a bitch!”

[Cena is finally stopped by the same security guards who dragged him out of Shane McMahon's room earlier. They pull Cena off of Edge and hold him back, as Lita steps out of the car. She helps Edge up, practically dragging him into the vehicle and shutting the door. The car drives off, leaving Cena screaming in anger and being held back by the security guards.]

Mind Games

[Mickie James is backstage sitting on a bench, when a knock comes at her door. Melina walks in, with Johnny Nitro. Mickie instantly jumps to her feet, and gets in Melina's face.]

Mickie: “What do you want, Melina?”

Melina: “Did you see what just happened out there, Mickie? Did you see Trish beat Candice? She wants that belt that you've got, Mickie. All that talk of you two teaming up to take me out? It's all a lie. She just wants that belt.”

[Mickie looks confused, as she looks at her title belt.]

Mickie: “But...but you're wrong! Trish wouldn't lie to me!”

Melina: “But she is. She's never forgiven you for what you did earlier this year, Mickie. You injured her. You took her title. She's just waiting for the right moment. She's waiting for you to turn your back, and then she's going to strike. Just think about it, Mickie.”

[Mickie says nothing, only looking at the belt in deep thought, as Melina and Nitro leave the room.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Johnny Nitro w/Melina vs Harry Smith

Smith and Nitro adapted their styles to match eachother well, even if it felt like they were holding back at times. Nitro used his speed to his advantage, while Smith tried to use his combination of raw power and technical skills. Smith had Nitro in the corner and hit some stiff chops, only to have Melina jump on the apron to distract him. This allowed Nitro to hit an enziguri, and change the pace of the match. Nitro had control from then on, including hitting a nice flying elbow. But when he went to the top to come off with a moonsault, Smith lept up and caught him on his shoulders! He was about to deliver the Running Powerslam, when he was attacked from behind by Shelton Benjamin, causing an immediate disqualification. Benjamin started beating on Smith with Nitro, but Carlito ran out from the back and fought them both off! The Intercontinental Champion helped Smith to his feet as RAW took a commercial break.

Harry Smith def. Johnny Nitro via disqualification. [***]

Destiny

[Randy Orton is shown walking backstage, when he is bumped into by all five members of the Spirit Squad. He stares them down with an arrogant smirk.]

Orton: “What are you guys supposed to be?”

[The Spirit Squad look at eachother, and start talking in unison.]

Squad: “We're the Spirit-”

[Orton holds up a hand, interrupting them.]

Orton: “Listen. I know that you want your revenge on the Highlanders and all, but that isn't going to happen. Tonight, you're going to be in there with the big boys. Don't you guys remember what happened last time you messed with Triple H? He kicked your ass. And I'll be dammed if I lose this thing because one of you two get pinned. Which two of you are going to be in the ring tonight?”

[Kenny and Johnny raise their hands.]

Orton: “Alright. You two have a job to do. I want you to help me focus on Triple H. Don't worry about the Highlanders...you've already got them 5-on-2 at Unforgiven. You guys focus on Triple H. Because let me tell you one thing. If you guys can help me out a bit here tonight, I'll make sure that those belts get back around your waists.”

[Kenny and Johnny nod, but Mitch raises his hand.]

Mitch: “Wait...what are we supposed to do?”

[Orton looks at Mitch.]

Orton: “Let me do a little analogy here for ya, Mitch. Tonight, I'm the superstar. The people out there paid to see me. You? You're the cheerleader. Stand on the sideline and chant my name.”

[Orton turns around and walks away, as the Spirit Squad reluctantly follow in anger.]

MAIN EVENT SIX-MAN TAG MATCH:

The Highlanders© & Triple H vs The Spirit Squad & Randy Orton

Although the main focus of the match was clearly the feud between Triple H and Randy Orton, both tag teams managed to get in as well. The Spirit Squad beat up on the Highlanders when they got the chance, and did what Orton asked, attacking Triple H. With the extra three men on the outside, the Squad and Orton used their numbers to their advantage. That didn't stop the other three more powerful wrestlers though, and it resulted in an even match. In the final moments, Triple H and Johnny were the legal men. The Highlanders had hit the Scot-Drop on Orton, and they were on the outside brawling with the rest of the Spirit Squad. Johnny went for his spin-kick, but Triple H grabbed his foot, sending him to the mat hard. “The Game” then picked up Johnny and hit the Pedigree, scoring a quick pinfall. He celebrated in the ring after the match, as the Highlanders and the Spirit Squad continued to brawl, and Orton looked on, walking slowly up the ramp.

The Highlanders© & Triple H def. The Spirit Squad & Randy Orton via pinfall. [**1/2]

Quick Match Results

Umaga def. Simon Dean

Rene Dupree def. Charlie Haas

Trish Stratus def. Candice Michelle

Harry Smith def. Johnny Nitro

The Highlanders© & Triple H def. The Spirit Squad & Randy Orton

WWE News and Notes - September 11th, 2006

-Despite there being a Pay Per View in six days, things have been strangely quiet in WWE.

-It is rumored that the Spirit Squad will break up soon, though other rumors state otherwise. Those who like the thought of a split think that the group is a joke, while others value the exposure that the young talent has been getting.

-Following his match with Umaga on RAW, Simon Dean (Nova) was promoted to a top position in the management of OVW, taking Tommy Dreamer's place.

-RAW scored a 4.1 last week, and Smackdown! got a 2.6, edging out ECW's 2.5.

-The Shooters were filming a training segment in a local gym earlier today, expect it to air on RAW this evening.

-It was announced that the Batista/King Booker match at No Mercy will see any superstar who interferes be fired from Smackdown! Expect Batista to take the clean win in this one.

-Following a match with Chavo Guerrero at No Mercy, Rey Mysterio may take some time off. However, this may vary, with him not taking off until possibly after Survivor Series.

-The results for HeAT are as follows: Elijah Burke def. Gene Snitsky, Val Venis def. Mitch, Carlito def. Claudio Castagnoli.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – SEPTEMBER 11th, 2006

Pick Your Partner

[After a short tribute video for the five-year anniversary of the September 11th Terrorist Attacks, RAW begins with Edge coming down to the ring with Lita. He enters the ring a the crowd boos, and holds the WWE Championship high. As he's posing with the belt, security guards come out and surround the ring.]

Edge: “Do you people have any idea how lucky you are? Last week, I was attacked by John Cena. He attacked me, the WWE Champion, and layed me out with the FU onto my own car! Do you know how lucky you are that I'm going to be able to wrestle at Unforgiven, let alone appear here before you tonight? [boos.] No...of course you don't. Because you people, just like John Cena, are a bunch of morons!”

[The crowd boos as Edge holds up his WWE Championship again.]

Edge: “Yeah Cena, you must think that you're all brave, huh? Well, you won't be getting any sneak-attacks on me tonight. You see this security around the ring? It's for me. There's no way that you're going to hurt me anymore before Unforgiven, when I beat you and become the Last Man Standing!”

[Edge goes to leave the ring, but he's interrupted...“Here Comes the Money!” Shane McMahon's music hits, and he comes out on the entrance ramp.]

Shane: “Actually Edge...you're right. He won't be getting in any sneak attacks on you. But he won't need to. Because tonight, in the main event, we're going to see a tag team match. It's going to be John Cena and a partner of his choice against you, and a partner of your own.”

[Edge flips out in the ring, looking really pissed at that announcement.]

Edge: “But that's...that's....I can't do that! I've got a Last Man Standing match in six days!”

Shane: “Trust me...I can do that. Don't you forget, I'm Shane McMahon. You all might think that I've got something against John Cena due to what's happened these past few weeks, but that's not true. I simply do what I want, where I want. And tonight, I feel like getting a little preview of Unforgiven. So, Champ...you'd better go get your gear on, and find yourself a partner.”

[shane's music hits and he walks backstage, leaving a furious Edge standing in the ring.]

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:

The Highlanders© vs Murdoch & Cade

The new World Tag Team Champions made their first title defenses tonight, and did so in convincing fashion. Although Murdoch and Cade put one a good fight, being former champions themselves, they were no match for the Highlanders odd strength and teamwork. Every time one of the McAllisters got in trouble, the other was there to back him up. After several minutes the Highlanders' teamwork just became too much, and they started to dominate Murdoch & Cade. After Robbie hit Cade with a suplex on the mats outside the ring, he crawled back in and hit the Scot-Drop with Rory on Murdoch for the win. After the match, the Spirit Squad appeared on the ramp to taunt the champions, making motions around their waists to show that they wanted the belts back.

The Highlanders© def. Murdoch & Cade via pinfall to retain the World Tag Team Championships. [*3/4]

The Best in the World?

[A video is shown, showcasing the Shooters, Charlie Haas and Elijah Burke. The camera shows Burke and Haas standing, arms folded.]

Burke: “I'm Elijah Burke, he's Charlie Haas, and we're the Shooters. In six days, at Unforgiven, we've got our first big match together against La Resistance. A lot of teams would cave under the pressure. But we're different. We're the most athletic team in wrestling, with the most raw talent around. And how did we get there?”

Haas: “Hard work, and dedication. Rene Dupree, Rob Conway...you're going to be in for one hell of a match at Unforgiven. Because we've been training harder than anyone else. And at Unforgiven, it's all going to pay off.”

[The video shifts to a few clips of the two training. It shows them wrestling eachother, jumping rope, running stairs in an empty stadium, and lifting weights. Finally the video ends, simply displaying “The Shooters – Discipline, Dedication, Determination.” After the video fades, the camera shows Rene Dupree and Rob Conway, standing at a television monitor laughing.]

Conway: “Discipline, Dedication, Determination? What kind of crap is that?”

Dupree: “They want to be the best tag team, do they? We'll I 'ave some news for them. La Resistance is the greatest team to grace a WWE ring! I am Renee Dupree, the French Phenom!”

Conway: “That's right. You two think that you're the only ones training for this match at Unforgiven? Think again. This Sunday, La Resistance climbs to the top of the mountain once more.”

[The camera leaves the locker-room, heading to the ring.]

NON-TITLE SINGLES MATCH:

Mickie James© vs Torrie Wilson

The Women's Champion showed off her skills against the inexperienced Torrie Wilson, much like how Trish Stratus dominated Candice Michelle last week. Apart from a “stinkface,” Torrie didn't get in any offense at all. Mickie just went from spot to spot, taking out her aggression on the former Playboy Playmate. After a couple of minutes, Mickie managed to put Wilson away with her DDT. After the match, she celebrated with her belt, only to be attacked by Melina! Melina had the upper-hand on the champion, and was about to hit her with the belt, until Trish Stratus came running down! Trish and Mickie fought Melina together, until Mickie picked her up, and held her. Trish went for a Chick Kick on Melina, but Melina ducked and Trish hit Mickie! Melina rolled up out of the ring and up the ramp, as Trish helped an angry Mickie James up to her feet. Mickie shoved Trish before leaving the ring also, her title in her hands.

Mickie James© def. Torrie Wilson via pinfall. [1/4*]

Finding A Partner

[John Cena is shown sitting in a chair backstage, talking on a cell phone.]

Cena: “So you'll be here then, right? In time for the main event?...yeah, just for tonight if you want...yeah. Me and you against Edge and whoever he brings up...so you'll be here for sure, right?...Great. Alright, see ya later man.”

[Cena ends the call and looks around, before sighing and sitting back in his chair.]

The Cool Champion

[Carlito is shown backstage after a break, standing near Maria. He has the Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder.]

Maria: “Carlito, in six days you'll defend your Intercontinental Title against Johnny Nitro at Unforgiven. What are your thoughts on what could be your toughest match yet?”

[Carlito looks at Maria funny, then starts to talk.]

Carlito: “Johnny Nitro? Carlito's toughest match yet? Maria...have you lost it?”

[Maria just smiles at Carlito, who shakes his head.]

Carlito: “Listen. Look back a couple of months, to Vengeance. Carlito beat not only Johnny Nitro, but Shelton Benjamin too to win this belt! And who did Carlito pin? Johnny Nitro! Then, fast-forward to Saturday Night's Main Event in July. Once again, Carlito pinned Johnny Nitro in a triple-threat match. Johnny Nitro is nothing compared to Carlito. Yeah, he can brag all he wants about having a six-pack. I don't care. He can talk about how he's got some...some paparrazi following him around. That doesn't matter, either. Because ask any fan in this arena, and they'll tell you that they came to see Carlito, the Intercontinental Champion. And that...that's cool.”

[Carlito takes a bite out of an apple and walks away with the belt.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Shelton Benjamin vs Eugene

Benjamin simply dominated Eugene in this match, looking better than ever. He schooled Eugene on the mat, and then started to take to the air, showing off his offense. After nailing Eugene with a german suplex, Benjamin went to the top, and hit a flying clothesline. Despite easily being able to pin Eugene, Benjamin picked him up and hit the T-Bone for the win. He wasn't done though, as after the match, he lifted Eugene on his shoulders, and prepared to hit the Running Powerslam...only to be attacked by Harry Smith! Smith started punching Benjamin, and then tossed him out of the ring! Smith checked on Eugene after the match, as an angry Shelton Benjamin looked on.

Shelton Benjamin def. Eugene via pinfall. [3/4*]

Samoan Open #7

[When RAW returns Armando Alejandro Estrada is standing in the ring.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! For six weeks now we have seen man after man fall in the Samoan Open. So, this week-”

[Armando is interrupted, as Balls Mahoney comes down to the ring, carrying his chair.]

Mahoney: “My name is Balls Mahoney, and fer weeks I've been listenin' and watchin' this crap. You guys want a fight? Well bring yer boy down here, and have him face me, Extreme Rules!”

Estrada: “Extreme rules, eh? Ju really think that a little chair is going to help ju win? Ju aren't facing some nobody, no. Ju will be facing the Samoan Bulldozer...Uuuuuuumaga!”

[umaga's music hits and he comes down to the ramp.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH-EXTREME RULES:

Umaga w/Armando vs Balls Mahoney

Umaga was hit with a chair when he was still coming down to the ring, giving Mahoney a big advantage. What proceeded to follow was Umaga's toughest challenge yet. Balls beat the hell out of Umaga with the chair, and actually got the fans to believe that he had a chance of winning here. Yet no matter what Mahoney hit him with, Umaga wouldn't go down. He blocked a chair-shot and ripped it from Balls' hands. Umaga then smashed the ECW star over the head with it. After hitting his usual offense, Umaga hit the Samoan Spike, and pinned Mahoney for the win. After the match Estrada placed the chair on Mahoney's head, and Umaga hit a flying heabutt, busting Mahoney wide open! Umaga and Estrada left after that, satisfied with their work.

Umaga def. Balls Mahoney via pinfall. [*1/2]

The Mystery Man

[The camera cuts to the backstage area, where Lita is shown walking into a room, where Edge is sitting.]

Lita: “Did you find anybody?”

[Edge smiles, looking at the cell phone in his hand. He nods.]

Edge: “Oh yeah, I found somebody, alright. It's been a while since he's wrestled, but he's coming back, and he's pissed. I might not even have to face Cena at Unforgiven, once he's done with him!”

[Lita walks over to Edge.]

Lita: “Oh really? Then who is it?”

[Edge just shrugs his shoulders and kisses Lita, as the camera quickly goes elsewhere.]

The Death of a Legend

[Randy Orton's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring, stopping to pose on the turnbuckle. He is handed a microphone by Lilian.]

Orton: “Last week you people witnessed a true tragedy. Myself, the Legend Killer, was beaten in a match in which I wasn't even pinned! I didn't expect much from those freakin' cheerleaders, but I thought that they'd at least give me the opportunity to get my hands on Triple H! Because Triple H, this Sunday, at Unforgiven...you're going to see why they call me the Legend Killer. It's time to step aside, and let the new generation rise-”

[“Are You Ready?” Orton is cut-off, as DX's music plays, and Triple H comes down to the ring to a huge ovation. He gets right up near Orton, and starts to talk.]

Triple H: “What the hell are you talking about, kid? I mean, I might be getting a little older, so my hearing isn't quite as good as it once was...but were you just complaining about our match last week? [nod.] From what I remember, man...you didn't want into the ring with me. You had your chance, but you refused. You wanted the Spirit Squad to beat me up a little more. You're a coward, Randy. Ever since you've gone off on your own, you've done nothing by yourself. Whenever you had success, it was because of someone else. Whether it was Evolution helping you, or your daddy helping you...you did nothing by yourself. Until you do that, you'll never become the next star. You talk about being the next generation Randy, but you haven't even beat me. And I plan on keeping that pattern alive come Unforgiven.”

[Orton looks around in anger, before getting in “The Game's” face.]

Orton: “You...you want me to do something, Hunter? What? Do you want me to embarrass you right here?”

Triple H: “Do something, man. Make a name for yourself. Do something that sets you apart from the rest. Because what I see now isn't the kid that I brought up in Evolution. You aren't the future. I see some kid who whines and complains to get his way. I see a coward who has to cheat to win matches. I see a kid who thinks that he actually did something great when he took out my best friend with a sneak-attack. I see-”

[Triple H is suddenly stopped, as Orton kicks him right below the belt, and then connects with the RKO! Orton stands over Triple H as the crowd boos, and RAW goes to its final commercial break.]

The Partners Revealed

[Edge's music hits, and the WWE Champions comes down to the ring with Lita. He enters, and takes a microphone.]

Edge: “I'm going to get right down to business. No more talk. John Cena, at Unforgiven, you're mine. I'm going to destroy you, Cena. I'm going to beat you to within an inch of your pitiful life! And that starts right here tonight. My partner for our match is a machine, Cena. He's a living weapon! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Masterpiece, Chris Masters!”

[Masters' music hits, and he comes down to the ring with his usual entrance, looking slightly smaller than before. After flexing in the ring, he's about to take a mic, when Cena's music hits. Cena enters the ring, and smiles.]

Cena: “Chris Masters, huh? The Masterpiece? Mister Masterlock himself? Tell me man...is this the best that you could get? I mean, who else do ya got back there? Floyd Landis? Barry Bonds?”

[Cena laughs, as Edge and Masters look pissed.]

Cena: “Because I got something better. I got one of, if not the best wrestler of all-time on my side. This guy's a former sixteen time World Champion.”

[Edge looks shocked, as the crowd realises who it is.]

Cena: “Oh yeah. Sixteen! But that's not all. This man is one of the toughest S.O.B.'s alive today. He just came off a win against the Hardcore Legend at SummerSlam, in a damn Extreme Cage Match! Edge, tonight, you'll be facing me and...the Nature Boy himself, Ric Flair!”

[Flair comes down to the ring to a huge pop, as Edge flips out in the ring. Flair enters, shakes Cena's hand, and the match begins.]

MYSTERY PARTNER TAG MATCH:

John Cena & Ric Flair vs Edge & Chris Masters

The crowd was very excited to see Flair back in the ring, and Masters got quite a few boos in his segments. Both of the two looked pretty good in the ring, having been out of it for a while. Masters used his power to beat on Flair and Cena, but the two seemed to have more energy than their opponents, feeding off of the energy of the live crowd. The two teams went back and forth, until it was just Flair and Edge in the ring. Flair actually had an upper-hand on the Champion, until Masters ran in and attacked him. From then on, Edge controlled the pace of the match. He beat on Flair until he could barely stand, and then held him up, calling Masters into the ring, and motioning for the Masterlock. Masters never got it locked in though, as Cena ran in, and attacked him! Cena picked up Masters and threw him over the top rope, then ran out to pursue him. Edge was distracted by this, and went over to the ropes to see what was happening...only to be caught from behind with a roll-up! 1-2-3! Ric Flair pinned the WWE Champion! Flair's music hit as he quickly rolled from the ring and walked up the ramp with a huge smile, as Edge looked in in frustration. Cena rolled back into the ring and went face-to-face with Edge, before doing the “You Can't See Me” taunt and rolling out of the ring also. RAW ended with Flair and Cena heading up the ramp, as Edge looked on, wondering if his days as WWE Champion may be numbered.

John Cena & Ric Flair def. Edge & Chris Masters via pinfall. [***]

Quick Match Results

The Highlanders© def. Murdoch & Cade

Mickie James© def. Torrie Wilson

Shelton Benjamin def. Eugene

Umaga def. Balls Mahoney

John Cena & Ric Flair def. Edge & Chris Masters

IPB Image

RAW PRESENTS: “UNFORGIVEN” - SEPTEMBER 17th, 2006

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP-LAST MAN STANDING:

Edge© w/Lita vs John Cena

For the past nine months, Edge and John Cena have had one of the most intense feuds in recent history. It all started at New Year's Revolution, where Edge cashed in his “Money in the Bank” contract, and defeated a weakened John Cena to win his first WWE Championship. Edge's reign would be short-lived however, as Cena would go on to beat him at the Royal Rumble to regain the belt. The two would continue their feud in April, with Cena defeating Edge and Triple H in a triple-threat match to once again retain the gold. Cena went on a roll as Champion, until he met this year's “Mr. Money in the Bank,” Rob Van Dam. The two clashed at ECW: One Night Stand in June. After a hard battle, RVD was able to win the WWE Championship from Cena...with help from Edge. Edge would later go on to defeat Van Dam for the Championship at Saturday Night's Main Event in July. Since then, the feud with Cena has heated up even more. Edge beat Cena in his home-town at SummerSlam, and at Unforgiven, they'll be in Edge's home-town of Toronto. As stated by John Cena, this will be the final battle in the war between two men. Who will be the Last Man Standing?

SINGLES GRUDGE MATCH:

Triple H vs Randy Orton

Degeneration X is one of the most legendary groups in wrestling history. And two of the group's pioneers, Triple H and Shawn Michaels, simply wanted to have a celebration. But the party was crashed. Michaels was taken out, and injured, by the “Legend Killer” Randy Orton. And Triple H was left down on the mat. Not only does Orton wish to kill the legend of Degeneration X at Unforgiven, he wants to get past a major roadblock in his career in Triple H. “The Game” acted as a mentor of sorts to Orton, bringing him up in his Evolution stable. But since Orton broke away from the group in 2004, he has yet to score a decisive singles victory over Triple H. At Unforgiven, one man will come in looking for revenge, and another, looking for an opportunity. Will Orton rise to the top, or will the “King of Kings” crush him in an act of revenge?

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Carlito© vs Johnny Nitro w/Melina

Carlito earned himself his second Intercontinental Championship at Vengeance, where he pinned Johnny Nitro to win Shelton Benjamin's title in a triple-threat match. We saw the same result at Saturday Night's Main Event, with Nitro once again being pinned in a three-way dance. Carlito would go on to defeat Benjamin at SummerSlam in a singles match, defending the Championship once more. Now Carlito will defend his belt against Johnny Nitro in singles competition...or will he? Melina will surely be at ringside for this match, and her presense could make or break the match for Nitro. Will Carlito make another cool defense of his title, or will Nitro win singles gold for the first time in WWE?

SINGLES GRUDGE MATCH:

Shelton Benjamin vs Harry Smith

Two up-and-coming stars will clash at Unforgiven, for a simple matter of pride. Both men are young wrestlers who happen to be incredibly talented. But who's more talented, and who has the brighter future ahead of them? Is it Harry Smith, son of the legendary British Bulldog and nephew of Bret Hart? Smith has looked strong since his debut on RAW, despite losing to Randy Orton at SummerSlam. Can he pull off his first big win? Or is it Shelton Benjamin, the All-American wrestler who holds victories over stars such as Triple H and Ric Flair? One thing is for sure: both men will go out there looking to steal the show, and prove themselves to the legions of WWE fans.

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS-HANDICAP MATCH:

The Highlanders© vs The Spirit Squad

Since they debuted on RAW, the Highlanders have yet to lose a match. They steamrolled through the tag ranks, and after beating members of the Spirit Squad in singles matches, earned a shot at the titles. After a hard-fought match, the Highlanders took their first gold in WWE. Yet luck was not with them for the rest of that night, as they accidentally upset General Manager Shane McMahon, who proclaimed that the Spirit Squad would get a rematch at Unforgiven...all five of them, that is. Can the Highlanders overcome the odds and retain the World Tag Team Championships? Or will the Spirit Squad use their numbers advantage to reclaim the gold?

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP-TRIPLE THREAT:

Mickie James© vs Melina vs Trish Stratus

Mickie James ended Trish Stratus' year-long reign as Women's Champion at WrestleMania 22, where she pinned her rival. In the rematch at Backlash, Trish was injured by Mickie. James has dominated the Women's Division since then, that is, until Trish returned. But that's not all the competition has to offer. Melina has vowed to control the Women's Division, a statement that Mickie and Trish resent. The feud between these three has left the Women's Champion feeling confused, once again pondering the actions of Trish Stratus. Will she be able to pull it together, and retain the belt against the odds?

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH:

La Resistance vs The Shooters

Although La Resistance have a long, storied history, RAW's newest tag team, the Shooters, are relatively inexperienced as a duo. Charlie Haas and Elijah burke claim to be the most athletic, dedicated team in the business, but La Resistance disagree. They believe that it is time for them to once again rise to the top of the tag division, and they plan on doing it here tonight. Will the inexperience of the Shooters be their downfall? Or will their pure athletic ability take them to the top, a place where Haas has been before?

Edge© vs John Cena

Triple H vs Randy Orton

Carlito© vs Johnny Nitro

La Resistance vs The Shooters

Who will be pinned in the triple threat match?:

Will anyone return/debut at the event? If so, who?:

Guest Preston

john cena over edge

- i do not like edge as champion and am starting to think cena's ok...

triple h over randy orton

- well he is the game and has become the most popular face on raw recently

carltio retains over johnny nitro

- i love nitro, but see carlito retaining here

Harry Smith over shelton benjamin

- you seem to be high on him

The Highlanders© over The Spirit Squad

- they are a good tag team

Trish Stratus over melina and micikie james

- the best woman period

La Resistance overs The Shooters

- they are good

Who will be pinned in the triple threat match?: melina

Will anyone return/debut at the event? If so, who?: the rock

IPB Image

WWE Unforgiven – September 17th. 2006

[The show begins with a video package, hyping the event. Some slow, creepy music is played, as the word “Unforgiven” is flashed across the screen everytime an act of violence is shown. A special emphasis is placed upon the brutality of the Last Man Standing match, which will be the main event. Finally, the video ends, and the camera goes from the entrance ramp to the announce booth.]

JR: “Hello everyone, and welcome to Unforgiven! I'm Jim Ross, and sitting next to me is the legendary Jerry 'The King' Lawler.”

King: “Thanks JR, but...wow. We've got such a huge night here in Toronto. Which is, mind you, the home-town of our WWE Champion.”

JR: “Well he'll need all of the support he can get King, as he'll be facing off with John Cena in a Last Man Standing Match. He can only win by making his opponent unable to answer the referee's ten-count!”

King: “That's certainly be a bloody match JR, all of the ones in the past have. The man who wants that WWE Championship more is going to walk away with his arm raised.”

JR: “I know some young men who want victory pretty badly King, and here they come right now to kick off the show!

-----

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH:

The Shooters vs La Resistance

The Shooters came down to the ring wearing matching warm-up jackets, looking ready for a match. And they were ready. Burke and Dupree started off the match in the ring. They went back-and-forth slowly for a little bit, until Burke started to go at a faster pace. He rocked Dupree with some quick jabs, forcing the Phenom to tag out to Conway. Conway attempted to stop Burke's momentum by taking him to the mat, but Burke showed off his skills, escaping and tagging in Haas. Haas and Conway proceeded to have an impressive chain-wrestling sequence, with neither man fully having an advantage until Haas rolled up Conway for a near-fall. Haas had Conway set up for a vertical suplex, but it was broken up by Dupree, who ran in and tackled Haas. This allowed Conway to start laying the boots on Charlie, thus gaining control of the match. After beating up on Haas for a while and scoring some near-falls with some suplexes, Conway tagged in Dupree. Dupree continued to wear down Haas, preventing him from tagging in Burke. After hitting a cradle suplex, Dupree again tagged in Conway. Conway seemed to have the match won for his team, hitting a neckbreaker and going to the top rope. But when he came off for a flying elbow, Haas moved, and tagged in Burke! Burke entered the ring in a fury, taking out Dupree with a kick and a stiff punch to the jaw. After hitting an STO on Conway and an enziguri on Dupree, Burke locked in the scissored armbar, and Conway tapped out! Haas and Burke celebrated their victory afterward, as the fans applauded.

The Shooters def. La Resistance via submission. [**3/4]

-----

JR: “Just look at that! In their first big match as a team, the Shooters are victorious!”

King: “What? That can't be, JR. Conway wasn't tapping out! He was just reaching for the ropes, and his hand slipped!”

JR: “It's pretty damn obvious when he's screaming in pain and his hand hits the mat ten times that he wants out of the hold, King. The Shooters won, plain and simple.”

King: “You don't have to be so defensive, JR. It's just an opinion...besides, there are more important things to think about. Things like...puppies!”

JR: “Puppies? Oh, yeah. Coming up next ladies and gentlemen, we've got ourselves a triple-threat match for the Women's Championship. Any of these three ladies could walk away with the gold, but just who will? There's only one way to find out...”

-----

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP-TRIPLE THREAT:

The three women circled around the ring to start the match, with Trish looking determined, Melina smiling evily, and Mickie looking confused. Mickie looked at Trish, and the two went towards Melina, who screamed. Together, they took Melina down to the mat. After a few seconds, Mickie picked up Melina, and hit a suplex. Trish followed with a scoop-slam, and Mickie then hit a legdrop. Yet when Mickie went for the pin, Trish pulled her off. The Champion looked confused, and shoved Trish. The two then started rolling around on the mat, as Melina recovered. After a couple of minutes of Trish and Mickie fighting, Melina tried to get back into the match, running up and jumping on Trish's back. She yelled for Mickie to hit Trish, but Mickie hesitated. Finally, after Melina screamed some more, Mickie hit Trish right in the face. She looked truly crazy, as she started laying boots to Trish. Melina helped her, also attacking Stratus, and picking her up so that James could do some moves. She hit Trish with a chick kick for a very near-fall, which (surprisingly) Melina didn't break up. After several minutes of this beating, Mickie seemed ready to end the match. She did Trish's pose, then proceeded to hit the Stratusfaction on her former heroine. Yet when she got up to pose for the fans, she was caught with a roll-up by Melina! 1...2...3! Melina just tricked Mickie James, and stole the Women's Championship! She celebrated up the entrance ramp, as Mickie James looked at both her and Trish, in a mixture of anger and confusion.

Melina def. Mickie James© & Trish Stratus via pinfall to become the NEW WWE Women's Champion. [**]

-----

JR: “That...that woman! She just tricked the Champion, and stole her championship!”

King: “She wrestled smart, JR. She used her opponents against eachother, and then did what she had to do to win.”

JR: “Are you even human, King? Just look at Mickie James...she's an emotional wreck! You just aren't supposed to treat people like that!”

-----

The King of Kings

[Maria is standing backstage, with Triple H.]

Maria: “Triple H, last week you were left down in the ring after an attack by Randy Orton. Tonight, you have a match-”

[Triple H holds his hand over the microphone, cutting Maria off.]

Triple H: “I'll take it from here.”

[Maria nods, smiling, as Triple H speaks.]

Triple H: “Don't you get it, Randy? Didn't you hear what I said on Monday? I said that you need to stop relying on cheating, and that you need to stop relying on other people to win. So what do you do? You hit me with a cheap-shot, and then hit the RKO. Randy, if you're going to keep doing crap like that, you'll never be great. You'll never be a 10-Time World Champion. You'll never be called the King of Kings. Randy, until you beat me, you won't be worth anything. And let me tell you something right now...beating me won't be easy. Because right now, I'm one pissed off son of a bitch! You injured my best friend, Randy. You injured a man that I consider to be my brother. That pisses me off. And you, above all other people, should know what happens when I get pissed off. Somebody gets hurt. And Randy Orton...that somebody just might be you.”

[Triple H leaves the area, as the camera cuts to an advertisement for the History of the WWE Championship DVD.]

-----

King: “I know one thing JR...if I were Randy Orton, I'd be terrified right now.”

JR: “Triple H is arguably one of the greatest wrestlers alive today, and there's nothing worse than facing him when he's motivated.”

King: “And how would you know that, JR? Last time I checked, you're not a wrestler!”

JR: “Now come on, King. It's not that hard. Anybody with a brain can tell that! Anyway, coming up next is a handicap match for the World Tag Team Championships. Can the Highlanders outlast all five members of the Spirit Squad?”

-----

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS-HANDICAP MATCH:

An early offensive rush by the Spirit Squad left many fans wondering if the Highlanders had a chance to win this match. All five members of the group went straight to work, attacking the new Champions with everything that they had. It worked, too. The Highlanders tried to fight them off, but the sheer numbers advantage gave it to the Spirit Squad. They beat the Highlanders down, and began to show off and mess with the crowd. They started to hit some flashy moves, refusing to go for the pinfall. Johnny hit his Spin Kick on Rory, and tagged in Kenny. Kenny went to the top-rope and tried to hit the Flying Legdrop, but Rory moved out of the way! Rory crawled to the corner, and tagged in Robbie! Robbie, despite being exhausted from being beaten on earlier, came in one fire. He took out Kenny with a clothesline, and then leveled the rest of the Spirit Squad. He picked up Kenny and hit a powerslam, and then followed it up by sending him into the corner, and hitting some punches. Kenny staggered out of the ring, and tagged in Mikey. Yet despite only one member being tagged in...all four entered the ring. Rory came in two, and the teams started brawling. It was actually pretty even, until the Highlanders sent Johnny and Kenny from the ring with clotheslines. They were about to toss Nicky out too, but Robbie was caught from behind with a roll-up by Mikey, 1...2...Rory just managed to break up the count. Rory helped Robbie up, and the two sent Mitch & Nicky from the ring, leaving Nicky. Nicky begged on his knees, but the two simply picked him up, hit the Scot-Drop, and pinned him to retain the belts.

The Highlanders def. The Spirit Squad via pinfall to retain the World Tag Team Championships. [*3/4]

-----

JR: “Against all odds King, the Spirit Squad have retained!”

King: “That's impressive, I guess. They did beat five guys.”

JR: “Those two have a bright future here on RAW, I think. They may be a bit different, but they're among the best at what they do.”

-----

Advice from a Legend

[John Cena is shown backstage, getting ready for the main event later tonight. He's shadowboxing in the corner when the door opens, and Ric Flair walks in.]

Cena: “Hey, Ric.”

Flair: “Hey there, kid. It's a fine night right here in Toronto, isn't it? Wooooo!”

[Cena shrugs, as Flair walks over to him.]

Cena: “Yeah. It's a damn good night.”

Flair: “Listen, man. I just came in here to give you a little bit of advice. You see, I've been in Last Man Standing matches before. You haven't. Last year, I hated Triple H. And at Survivor Series, we had this very same match. It's going to be tough, kid. And really...well, there's really not much that ol' Naitch can tell you. It's gonna be bloody. It's gonna be brutal. But the thing is...you've got to do more. You've got to dish out more punishment than the other man. And most importantly, you've got to want to win more. You go out there, you give it your all, and you'll walk away as Champion. But just promise me one thing, man...once you win the belt, you'll line up a title shot for the Nature Boy. Woooo!”

[Cena smiles and shakes Flair's hand, as the camera cuts back to the ring.]

-----

JR: “There we go King...so true words of advice from a legend.”

King: “You want some advice, JR? Watch this next match. Shelton Benjamin and Harry Smith, two of the best we have.”

JR: “I agree with you there, King. But only one of them can be the best. Who's it going to be?”

-----

SINGLES GRUDGE MATCH:

Smith and Benjamin started the match off much like an amateur wrestling match. They circled eachother, shooting in when they saw an opening. Benjamin eventually got the right opportunity, and he took down Smith. The two young men began chain-wrestling, with Smith actually getting out of a few holds. Benjamin clearly had the advantage, though his arrogance worked against him. He had Smith in a chokehold, and seemed to have forgotten about his opponent's power. Smith fed off of the crowd and powered out of the move, rising to his feet, and running backwards, crushing Benjamin against the turnbuckle. Smith then began to mount a comeback, hitting a series of stiff chops in the corner, and then connecting with a powerbomb into the middle of the ring for a near-fall. Smith then picked up Benjamin, and went for a German Suplex, but Benjamin did a flip to escape, and when Smith turned, he was hit with the Dragon Whip! Both men were down. Benjamin tried to crawl over for a pin, but Smith rolled, and got up. Benjamin hit an enziguri, sending Smith to the corner, and then hit a Stinger Splash. Smith staggered out, and Benjamin went for the T-Bone...only to have Smith block it, kick Benjamin in the gut, and connect with a brainbuster! Cover, 1...2...Benjamin just kicked out. Smith proceeded to lock in the Bulldog Bite, a type of Dragon Sleeper! Benjamin struggled for the ropes, and eventually found them, causing Smith to break the hold. Smith got up, and when Benjamin got to his feet, he put him in position for the Running Powerslam. However, Benjamin slipped off of Smith's back, and caught him with a roll-up. Benjamin got the tights! 1...2...3! Shelton Benjamin quickly rolled out of the ring and had his arm raised, as Smith looked on, having victory stolen from his hands.

Shelton Benjamin def. Harry Smith via pinfall. [***1/4]

-----

JR: “Damn that Shelton Benjamin! He might be a tremendous athlete, but Smith had the match won. Benjamin had to use the tights to win!”

King: “And that's why Shelton Benjamin is going to be a bigger star, JR. He did what it took to win.”

JR: “It's just not fair, King. Smith just got screwed out of his first win on Pay Per View!”

King: “He'll get one eventually, JR...settle down. He's just got to stop facing top-of-the-line stars like Shelton Benjamin and Randy Orton...he isn't that good yet.”

JR: “He isn't that good? He almost won both matches!”

-----

The Champion Himself...

[Edge is shown backstage, with Lita. He's wearing street-clothes, like what he had for his match at WrestleMania. He looks at the WWE Championship, and smiles.]

Edge: “At WrestleMania 22, I made a name for myself. Oh yeah, I'd already been WWE Champion. I was already a superstar. But on that night, in Chicago, I showed everybody in the world something. I showed them that not only was I a star, but that I was one tough S.O.B! You see, I didn't just wrestle some normal match. No, I wrestled the Hardcore Legend himself, Mick Foley, in a Hardcore match. And I won. I proved that I would put my body on the line and do whatever it took to walk out with my arm raised.”

[Edge looks at the tape on his fists, and then at the camera.]

Edge: “So what does that have to do with tonight? It's simple. John Cena, tonight you're going to get everything that I have. There won't be any holding back. There won't be any tricks. It's going to be me and you, one-on-one. No holds barred! No disqualifications! And finally, I'm going to end this. I'm going to knock your ass to the ground, and when you get back up, I'm going to do it again. And I'll keep doing it, John. If I have to sacrifice my own body, I will make sure that I beat you. Because after I beat you tonight, and retain my WWE Championship...you'll never get a shot at my belt again.”

[The camera returns to the ring once again, as the crowd boos the champion.]

-----

JR: “It's almost time folks, but we're not quite there yet. First we've got another Championship match.”

King: “Carlito defends the Intercontinental Championship against Johnny Nitro! Oh...I wonder if we'll see Melina come down with Nitro? I can't wait to see her with her new belt!”

JR: “Speaking of Melina, if Nitro wins, then they'd both be Champions? That'd sure be great...”

King: “Wouldn't it, JR? Nitro and Melina, both as champions...that'd be brilliant!”

-----

Carlito© vs Johnny Nitro w/Melina

Melina did end up accompanying Nitro to the ring, wearing her new Women's Championship. This match started off fast, and ended the same way. The champion and the challenger went right at eachother, exchanging armdrags and dropkicks. The two then faced off in the middle, as the crowd cheered. Carlito charged, sending Nitro into the corner, and hit a back elbow. Nitro staggerred out of the turnbuckle, and Carlito hit a DDT for a near-fall. Melina started screaming on the outside, prompting Carlito to walk over to her. When Carlito turned, he was met with a superkick from Nitro. Both men went down, and struggled to get to their feet. When they did, Carlito ducked under Nitro's clothesline, and hit a hurricanrana. Carlito continued to bust out moves against Nitro, some new, and some old. In desperation, he hit his old finisher, the Overdrive. Yet Nitro kicked out at two! Carlito seemed desperate for a win, so he climbed to the top-rope. He came off, looking for a moonsault...but noticed Nitro rolling away. Carlito landed on his feet, but before he could do anything, Nitro caught him with a dropkick to the face. Carlito went backwards into the ropes, and was met with a knee to the back from Melina. Nitro then hit the Virginia Necktie, Joey Mercury's old finisher...but Carlito got his foot on the ropes! Nitro got up to complain to the referee, and Carlito rolled him up from behind, 1..2..Nitro kicked out! Carlito got up, and in desperation, hit the back-cracker! He was too weak to pin Nitro right away though, so when he did, he only got 2. Carlito once again tried to climb to the top-rope, but when he was going up, Nitro pulled on the referee's leg to distract him. Melina jumped up on the apron, knocking Carlito down to the turnbuckle, and Nitro got to his feet. He went over to Carlito, who was on the top turnbuckle, and hit a DDT, essentially doing a one-man Snapshot! Nitro covered, 1...2...3! He celebrated with Melina, the Women's Champion, as the referee handed him the belt.

Johnny Nitro def. Carlito© via pinfall to become the NEW WWE Intercontinental Champion. [***3/4]

-----

King: “They did it! Look at Melina and Johnny Nitro JR, they're the golden couple! Two new champions in one night!”

JR: “But you have to wonder King, would Nitro have won that match without Melina? I don't think so.”

King: “That's what's so great about those two, JR. They're the perfect pair!”

-----

Cyber Sunday

[A video comes up on the screen, showing random WWE fans cheering.]

Voice: “Do you wish that you could control the fate of your favorite WWE Superstars?”

[Clips of stars like John Cena, Edge, Degeneration X, and Carlito are shown.]

Voice: “Have you ever wished that you could determine exactly what types of matches they wrestle in, or who they wrestle?”

[Random clips are shown of various gimmick matches, such as cage matches, street fights, etc.]

Voice: “On October 29th, you, the fans, will get your chance. Their fate is in your hands.”

[A logo for “Cyber Sunday” appears, as the show returns.]

-----

King: “Cyber Sunday? That's like Taboo Tuesday, right?”

JR: “Yes it is, and RAW will be bringing it to you live on Sunday, October 29th.”

King: “Enough of that JR, we've still got two huge matches left. Randy Orton takes on Triple H! The Legend Killer versus Degeneration X!”

-----

SINGLES GRUDGE MATCH:

Triple H vs Randy Orton

Orton stalked Triple H with an evil look in his eye as the match began. The two locked up in the middle of the ring, but Triple H easily overpowered Orton, and threw him down. When Orton got up he again locked up with Triple H, only to be sent into the ropes with an irish whip. When he came back Triple H met him with a clothesline. He then got down on the mat and started punching Orton, causing the referee to seperate the two. When Orton got up he went at the Game, ducked under a right-hook and hit a european uppercut. Orton hit a few more of those, and then took Hunter down to the mat with a rear chinlock. Triple H eventually got out of the move, ran into the ropes, and hit a knee right into Orton's face. From there Triple H started to slowly wear down the Legend Killer, hitting a few knee drops, and then locking in the Indian Deathlock. Orton desperately reached for the ropes, and after struggling in the hold, he found them. Triple H picked him up and hit a vertical suplex, before pinning for a nearfall. He continued to just wear down Orton, with Orton heading to the outside to try and escape, only to be tossed back in. Triple H managed to catch Orton in the sleeperhold. Orton's arm dropped once, then twice, but he started to power out of the move. He hit a dropkick, a then a backbreaker for a 2 count. Orton went to the top-rope, and came off with a flying crossbody, again getting a two-count. Orton seemed to get noticably annoyed at his inability to put away Triple H, as he started using more and more risky moves. He hit a nice superplex from the top-rope, yet even this wasn't enough. He hit a European uppercut to stagger the Game, and ran into the ropes, looking for another...but he was caught with a Spinebuster! Triple H had the momentum back in his favor, hitting a neckbreaker, and then another high knee. Finally, he seemed ready to end the match. He did a crotch-chop, and put Orton in position for the Pedigree. He never connected with the move though, as Orton reached back, and kicked the referee! The referee staggered backwards, turning his back to the action in the ring, and Orton hit Triple H with a low-blow! When the referee turned around, he saw Orton connect with the RKO, and he counted the pinfall. Orton smirked as he celebrated after the match, leaving a livid Triple H watching him in the ring.

Randy Orton def. Triple H via pinfall. [***1/2]

-----

JR: “Who the hell does Randy Orton think he is? He just kicked our referee!”

King: “It was an accident, JR. If it wasn't the referee would've disqualified him!”

JR: “But did he need to hit that low-blow on Triple H, too? He only did it because the referee had his back turned!”

King: “Things happen, JR. And tonight, Randy Orton pinned Triple H.”

[A highlight video plays for the Cena/Edge feud. It starts with Edge winning the Money in the Bank match, and then to him winning the WWE Championship. It hits all of the key points in their feud, emphasizing the hatred between the two, and the violence that we saw from both of them.]

JR: “And so we're finally here. John Cena goes one-on-one with the WWE Champion, one last time. Can he win back the belt? Or will Edge really be the last man standing?”

-----

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP-LAST MAN STANDING:

Edge© w/Lita vs John Cena

The crowd was intense for the main event. As Cena came down to the ring, he got a very mixed reaction, while Edge was cheered in his home-town as he sprinted down the ramp, with Lita following with a cart full of weapons. He got in the ring and immediately started attacking Cena, as the crowd went nuts. The two fought all over the ring, just punching the hell out of eachother. Finally Cena grabbed Edge, and tackled him out of the ring. He quickly went over to the cart that Lita had brought and got a weapon: a singapore cane. He went over and cracked Edge in the face with a stiff shot, and then hit him a few more times across the Champ's back. Edge started to fight back, punching Cena in the abdomen, and then grabbed the weapon. In one swift shot, he cracked it over Cena's head, breaking the weapon and busting Cena open. Cena dropped to his knees and Edge picked out another weapon, a trash can, and again hit Cena. This time, Cena went down. Edge asked the referee to start counting, and he did, but Cena got up after six. Edge went over to grab another weapon, but when he came back with a stop-sign, Cena hit him with the trash can. He quickly caught Edge with an irish-whip, sending him into the ring-post. Cena followed it up with a DDT onto the stop sign, leaving Edge down. Yet he wasn't done yet, as Edge got up at seven. The brawl started getting more and more violent, as the two went into the crowd. Various bizzarre weapons were used, such as Cena taking a fan's chair and hitting Edge, Edge choking Cena with a cable, and Cena hitting Edge with a bag of popcorn. When they finally ended up back near the ring area, Cena tossed Edge over the barricade with a FU! Edge barely made it to his feet at the count of nine, and the match continued. Cena reached under the ring, grabbed a ladder, and ran into Edge with it. Edge went down, and when he came back up, he was bleeding heavily. Cena then braced the ladder against the apron, and threw Edge onto it, once again knocking the Champion down until the count of nine. In desperation, the two began brawling up the ramp. Edge grabbed a stop sign from the floor on the way up, and shashed it into Cena's face. He then started walking more quickly up the ramp, almost as if he were running away. Cena gave chase, and the two fought again. Edge's plan didn't become clear until the camera showed Lita, who had set up a table just to the side of the ramp. The two fought dangerously close to the edge, trying to throw eachother off. Cena hit Edge, and then placed him in position for the FU! Yet before he could throw him off, Edge slipped off...and Speared Cena off of the stage, through the table! The referee started his count, 1...2...no signs of life...3....4....Edge and Cena started to stir...5....6....they slowly tried to get up...7....they both fell back down...8....Edge tried again, and gets to his knees...9...Edge got up! He staggered backwards, but barely held on....10! The bell rang, and Edge collapsed back to his knees, as Lilian Garcia announced him as the winner!

Edge© def. John Cena via knockout to retain the WWE Heavyweight Championship. [****1/4]

-----

JR: “Edge has done it! Here in his home-town of Toronto, Edge has beaten John Cena!”

[The camera shows Edge slowly being helped back to his feet by Lita, as the referee raises his arm, and hands him the WWE Championship. He crawls up on top of the ramp, and is helped to his feet as the crowd gives him a standing ovation.]

King: “I knew it, JR. And if there was ever any doubt in your mind, you now know exactly how tough Edge is.”

JR: “He went through hell tonight King, and I'll admit...that was one hell of a match. He's still our WWE Champion, and tonight, he's the last man standing. Thank your for ordering, folks. Have a nice night.”

[The last images of the show are of a bloody, exhausted Edge holding the WWE Championship high, looking down at Cena, laying in the wreckage below. Edge smiles as he watches, knowing that he's beaten his hated rival.]

-----

Quick Match Results

The Shooters def. La Resistance

Melina def. Mickie James© & Trish Stratus

The Highlanders© def. The Spirit Squad

Shelton Benjamin def. Harry Smith

Johnny Nitro def. Carlito©

Randy Orton def. Triple H

Edge© def. John Cena

-----

Prediction Contest Results

RKOwnage- 12/14

Rey Mysterio- 4/14

Lucas Jackson- 6/14

B-unit- 8/14

Grapehead- 9/14

gangsta- 12/14

ghetto_smurf- 13/14

Preston- 2/14

Mister Kennedy- 12/14

CMPunker- 11/14

-----

Notes: Congratulations to ghetto_smurf for winning the prediction contest, we'll talk about a prize. So, there's Unforgiven...now's when things get crazy for me. I have school starting tomorrow, so updates will only be on weekends.

IPB Image

Unforgiven Fallout

September 18, 2006

The RAW superstars will head to the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec this evening, less than 24 hours removed from Unforgiven.

The "Rated R Superstar" was left standing last night, retaining his WWE Championship against John Cena in a brutal Last Man Standing Match. He will be in attendence tonight, most likely to celebrate one of the biggest wins in his career. What will Edge have to say?

A new Intercontinental Champion was crowned at Unforgiven last night, as Johnny Nitro pinned Carlito. Carlito will get his rematch immediately, when he takes on Nitro in the main event! Will Melina, the new Women's Champion, be able to help Nitro this time?

Randy Orton got the best of Triple H last night, pinning him with the RKO following a cheap-shot. With a young man of Orton's character and ego, it seems almost certain that he will be celebrating tonight. But how will Triple H respond to the "Legend Killer?"

The Shooters will also face the Spirit Squad in tag team action tonight, and we'll see Umaga face the eighth entrant of the Samoan Open. Can anyone stop the Samoan Bulldozer?

Find out all of this and more on RAW, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Confirmed Matches:

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Johnny Nitro© vs Carlito

The Shooters vs The Spirit Squad

Umaga vs The Eighth Samoan Open Entrant

IPB Image

WWE RAW – SEPTEMBER 18th, 2006

Your WWE Champion

[RAW starts with “Metalingus” by Alter Bridge playing, and Edge coming out onto the ramp. He's bandaged, yet he walks to the ring smiling, holding hands with Lita, and wearing the WWE Championship around his waist. He grins as he enters the ring. He whispers something into Lilian Garcia's ear, and she frowns before speaking.]

Lilian: “Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present you with the Rated R Superstar and the reigning WWE Champion, Edge!”

[Lilian hands Edge the microphone, though the look on her face shows that perhaps she was given special directions about what to say. The crowd boos Edge as he smirks.]

Edge: “Go on, boo all you want. It's music to my ears, really. Because you know what? I can hear you. I can hear all of you. John Cena can't. You know why? Because last night, at Unforgiven, I knocked John Cena out! I beat him so badly that he couldn't even make it to the show tonight! But I can. And that means one thing, and one thing only. By being the Last Man Standing, I retained my WWE Championship!”

[The Montreal crowd boos Edge harder, as Lita points out the belt on his waist.]

Edge: “I promised that I would defeat John Cena, and unlike that poser, I actually followed through. He got his last shot at my belt, and he couldn't hang with me. I exposed John Cena as the fake that he really is. Because the fact of the matter is this: when everything was on the line, Cena choked. And I, Edge, rose to the occasion.”

[Lita kisses Edge on the cheek, as the fans shower Edge with jeers.]

Edge: “Tonight, a new era begins. The era of the Rated R Superstar! I have finally stepped out from the shadow of John Cena, showing you all exactly how great of a champion that I am. Nearly sixteen years ago I sat in the crowd in Toronto, watching the Ultimate Warrior beat Hulk Hogan for this belt. To me, those two were as big as it got. They were the best. Now, I'm the best. I am the man that everyone one of you pay to see. And you know it, too. You fat little nerds sit at home on your computers, go on your little websites, and complain about me constantly. But what happens when WWE comes to town? You pay your hard-earned money to see a show headlined by ME! And you know what? That's going to keep on happening for a damn long time.”

[Edge's music hits and he poses with the Championship, as RAW goes to a break.]

TAG TEAM MATCH:

The Shooters vs The Spirit Squad

These two young, athletic teams actually meshed quite well together. The Spirit Squad, composed of Mitch and Kenny, seemed motivated, having lost the previous night to The Highlanders. The Shooters were not to be defeated easily however, having momentum from their big win over La Resistance at Unforgiven. The Spirit Squad tried to evade the holds and strikes that the Shooters threw at them, but it seemed as though they had been outclassed. After Burke nailed Mitch with a hard right hook, he and Haas hit him with the Doomsday Device. Haas prevented Kenny from entering the ring, and Burke pinned Mitch for the win. After the match Kenny got into Mitch's face, and started screaming at him, prompting the rest of the Spirit Squad to come in and restrain him.

The Shooters def. The Spirit Squad via pinfall. [*3/4]

Psycho

[Trish Stratus is shown in the back, walking down the hall. She walks up to Torrie Wilson, who is sitting in a chair and putting on make-up.]

Trish: “Hey, Torrie. Have you seen Mickie around?”

Torrie: “Mickie? Uh, yeah. She's down the hall a bit, first door to your left. Be careful though...she looked a bit shook up.”

[Trish nods and walks down the hall to the door. She hesitates before knocking. Mickie's voice answers.]

Mickie: “Who is it?”

[Mickie screams, and her voice sounds as if she had been crying. Trish bites her lip, and puts her hand to the door knob. She turns it, but it's locked.]

Trish: “It's me, Mickie. Trish.”

Mickie: “Trish? Just go away! I hate you, Trish! And you hate me! I don't want to talk to you!”

Trish: “Mickie, that's not true...”

Mickie: “It is too! Just...just leave me alone!”

[sobbing can be heard in the backround, as Trish reluctantly leaves the area.]

The Eighth Samoan Open

[Armando Alejandro Estrada is standing in the ring, with a microphone.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! If ju happen to be living under a rock or something, let me tell ju what's been going on. For the past eh...siete semanas...seven men have entered the Samoan Open. And all of them have been destroyed! Haha! So who will enter tonight, eh?”

[Estrada's challene is answered by noneother than Smackdown's Sylvan! He comes down to the ring and actually gets a decent pop as he gets in.]

Sylvan: “Greetings, Mr. Estrada. My name is Sylvan, and I'm the Ambassador of this wonderful place known as Quebec! How are you enjoying your stay here? Isn't it magnificent? One of a kind, I often say...”

Estrada: “It is wonderful, thank ju.”

[sylvan smiles, and goes to shake Estrada's hand...but Estrada pulls away.]

Estrada: “However, it will no longer be for ju. Ju came out here, and ju accepted the challenge...so ju must have a match. A match against the undefeated Samoan Bulldozer...Uuuuuuumaga!”

[umaga's music hits and he comes down to the ring, as Sylvan looks on, horrified.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga vs Sylvan

Umaga ran towards Sylvan to start the match, but the “Ambassador” dodged and started hitting Umaga to a good pop. His offensive streak didn't last long though, as Umaga started to come back, tossing Sylvan into the corner and ramming into him. When Sylvan came out, Umaga picked him up over his head, and threw him down to the mat. He started kicking Sylvan, then picked him up and hit a stiff clothesline. Armando stood up on the apron and broke his cigar in half, and Umaga then hit the Samoan Spike, covering Sylvan for the pinfall. Estrada laughed in Sylvan's face after the match.

Umaga def. Sylvan via pinfall. [1/4*]

Cyber Sunday

[The camera cuts to the backstage area, where two people can be heard talking loudly. It goes on to show a door that reads “Shane McMahon – RAW General Manager.” The camera goes inside the room to find Shane himself, as well as Ric Flair.]

Flair: “You saw it last week, Shane. You saw it! I made my return to RAW, and I pinned the WWE Champion! At SummerSlam, I beat Mick Foley at his own game! If there's anybody on this roster who deserves a title shot, then it's the Nature Boy. Woooo!”

[shane nods, as Flair stares him down.]

Shane: “I completely agree, Ric. You should get a title shot. And you will....kinda. You see, on October 29th, RAW has an interactive Pay Per View event called Cyber Sunday. The fans get to vote for just about everything on the show. And for the past two years, they've been allowed to choose who challenges for the WWE Championship.”

Flair: “That's it? That's all that you've got to tell me? Do you hear the fans when I go out there? There's nothing but cheers for the Nature Boy. Just put me on the ballot, kid!”

[shane frowns, and looks up at Flair.]

Shane: “I can't do that. Because you see Ric, you're not the only man who deserves a championship match. There are plenty. Over the next three weeks, we're going to see a series of qualifying matches. The winners will move on, and make up the three choices that fans can vote for to face the WWE Champion at Cyber Sunday. You'll get your match next week, Ric...when you go one-on-one with the Legend Killer, Randy Orton!”

[Flair's face gets red as he looks at Shane, but he soon starts to laugh.]

Flair: “So I've just got to beat that little punk to get a shot at the belt? That's all? [nod.] Wooooooo! I'm Ric Flair, Shane! I'm a sixteen-time World Champion! And all I've got to do is beat some little boy who thinks that he's a Legend Killer? It's already done! Wooo!”

[Flair leaves the room as Shane sits back in his chair, and grins.]

Taking the Next Step

[Maria is stand backstage, with Harry Smith. The crowd gives him a good pop as Maria starts to talk.]

Maria: “I'm here with Harry Smith, son of the British Bulldog! Harry, last night you wrestled Shelton Benjamin...and you lost! What happened?”

[smith looks at Maria and smiles before speaking.]

Smith: “Shelton Benjamin, you were a guy who I had a lot of respect for. And I still do respect you. I respect your athleticism, I respect your potential, and most importantly, I respect your wrestling ability. But I don't respect how you beat me last night. You had to cheat, something that I would never do. But you know what? It worked. You won, and I lost. That's how it goes. But I think that I proved something to everyone last night, and at SummerSlam. I proved that I could hang with the very best that this business has to offer. And now, it's time for me to take the next step.”

[smith leaves the area, as Maria smiles and winks at the camera.]

Singles Match:

Shelton Benjamin vs Jim Duggan

Benjamin strolled down to the ring looking cockier than ever, and his arrogance showed brightly when he started messing with Duggan. Duggan was clearly outmatched, and Benjamin knew it. He took Duggan to the mat and just embarassed him, before starting to show off some of his flashier moves. There were several times in the match where he could've pinned Duggan, but he refused, showing off more of his offense. Finally, after hitting the Dragon Whip, Benjamin pinned Duggan with a T-Bone Suplex.

Shelton Benjamin def. Jim Duggan via pinfall. [1/2*]

A Legendary Celebration...Gone Bad

[Randy Orton's music hits and he comes down to the ring. He poses in all of the turnbuckles before taking a microphone and standing in the middle of the ring with an arrogant smile.]

Orton: “Last night, at Unforgiven, you witnessed history. I, the Legend Killer, finally killed the legend of Triple H. And by doing so, I also destroyed the so-called legacy of Degeneration X! Hunter, you said that I'd never be anything until I beat you. And now I have. I'm ready to finally become the new superstar, the new legend. I'm ready to finally step out of the shadows, and show the world just how great that I am.”

[Orton poses as the crowd boo him.]

Orton: “Next week, when I go one-on-one with Ric Flair, it starts. Because after I single-handedly destroy the Nature Boy, you people will have no choice but to vote for me to wrestle for the WWE Championship at Cyber Sunday. And you people in the back will have no choice but to step aside, and let the new generation, let greatness break through, and rise to the top of the mountain. I'm-”

[The crowd suddenly erupts, and Orton turns around to find himself eating a right-hand from Triple H! “The Game” levels Orton backs him into the corner, before sending him from the ring with a clothesline! The crowd goes crazy as the DX music plays, and Triple H stands in the ring. Orton quickly retreats up the entrance ramp, as Triple H looks at him and merely says “this isn't over.”]

NON-TITLE TAG TEAM MATCH:

The Highlanders© vs Viscera & Venis

Venis, being Canadian, actually got a pretty big pop here. He and Big Vis actually put up a pretty decent fight to boot, with Venis feeding off of the crowd, and Viscera using his size to wear down the Highlanders. The two McAllister brothers just kept going though, and it worked out for them in the end. They seemed to be in trouble after Viscera hit a splash and Venis went up top for the Money Shot, but Rory rolled out of the way. Robbie came in and took out Viscera, and the two hit the Scot-Drop on Venis for the pinfall. The Highlanders celebrated with their belts afterwards, and shook hands with the other team.

The Highlanders© def. Viscera & Venis via pinfall. [*1/4]

The Golden Duo

[Melina and Johnny Nitro are shown walking backstage, with their new Women's and Intercontinental Championships around their waists. They keep walking, until they bump into Shane McMahon.]

Shane: “Johnny! Melina! Well, well, well...it looks as if we have our two new champions right here. Congratulations!”

[Melina and Nitro smile, looking at their belts.]

Melina: “Thanks, Shane. I've gotta say...it feels great having these belts. I mean, have you ever seen a better looking pair of champions?”

Shane: “No, I...not from the top of my head...”

Nitro: “Of course you can't, man. Because there hasn't been one. I mean, look at us. She's one of the most beautiful women on the planet, and I'm Johnny freakin' Nitro. Just look at these abs, man. Perfection.”

Shane: “Well, they're certainly impressive...I just hope that they prove something other than that you look good. Good luck tonight, guys. You'll need it against Carlito.”

[Melina looks at Shane and smiles curiously.]

Melina: “Thanks, Shane. But I don't think that we'll need luck tonight.”

[Melina winks at Shane and walks away with Nitro, leaving Shane standing there in thought.]

Johnny Nitro© w/Melina© vs Carlito

Nitro looked impressive in his first match as a singles champion, and Carlito looked ready to take his belt back. Melina tried to get involved on the outside, but her interference was limited by Carlito and the referee. These two didn't get quite as much time as they did last night, so the match was at a faster pace. They threw everything that they had at one another, with Carlito looking especially impressive. He hit a springboard dropkick on Nitro, for instance. In the later minutes of the match, the momentum started to swing more and more in Carlito's favor. He was lifted up for a vertical suplex by Nitro, but he slipped off, and hit the backcracker! 1...2...there was no 3, as the referee was suddenly pulled from the ring, by Chris Masters! Masters entered the ring and started assaulting Carlito, causing the referee to ring the bell. Melina tossed in Nitro's belt and he got to his feet, hitting Carlito in the face with it. Nitro then rolled out of the ring and walked up the ramp with Melina, as RAW closed with an image of Carlito being put in the Masterlock by Chris Masters himself, obviously remembering their feud before he left.

Carlito def. Johnny Nitro© via disqualification, Nitro retains the WWE Intercontinental Championship. [***1/4]

Quick Match Results

The Shooters def. The Spirit Squad

Umaga def. Sylvan

Shelton Benjamin def. Jim Duggan

The Highlanders© def. Viscera & Venis

Carlito def. Johnny Nitro©

Edited by Thatz

IPB Image

First Qualifier

September 18, 2006

RAW and all of the RAW superstars will make a stop at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma this Monday night.

Last week, it was announced that the WWE Champion would defend the Championship against one of three opponents at Cyber Sunday. One of the possible challengers will be determined tonight, when Ric Flair takes on Randy Orton in the main event! Who will move on to Cyber Sunday?

Speaking of Randy Orton, the "Legend Killer" was attacked by Triple H last Monday. Orton may have pinned "the Game" at Unforgiven, but the war between the two seems to be far from over. What's the next chapter in this story?

Carlito almost regained the Intercontinental Championship last week, but he won his match with Johnny Nitro by disqualification after Chris Masters ran in. What will Carlito have to say to his former partner, and his hated rival?

Johnny Nitro will also defend the Intercontinental Championship tonight against Eugene, and who will enter the Samoan Open? Will John Cena show up after missing last week? What will Edge have to say?

Find out all of this and more on RAW, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Confirmed Matches:

Cyber Sunday Qualifier: Randy Orton vs Ric Flair

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Johnny Nitro© vs Eugene

Umaga vs The Ninth Samoan Open Entrant

IPB Image

WWE RAW – SEPTEMBER 25th, 2006

The Legend Killer's Promise

[Randy Orton's music hits, and he comes down to the ring. He poses in the turnbuckle as the crowd boos him, and he takes a microphone.]

Orton: “Last week, as I stood in this very ring celebrating my victory at Unforgiven...I was attacked. I was attacked by Triple H!”

[The crowd cheers at the mention of Triple H's name.]

Orton: “You people like that? You think that it's great, don't you? Don't you people realize that Triple H is just a big hypocrite? He goes on these big rants about how I need to learn respect, then your hero attacks me, the Legend Killer, from behind? I am the future of this business! You don't go around taking cheap-shots at the guy who will be leading this company into the next generation! Triple H, you don't attack me!”

[Orton looks intensely at the camera and the fans boo.]

Orton: “But enough of that. Tonight, I'm going to come back out here ready to wrestle. In the main event, I'll be taking on Ric Flair. And Flair, after I kick your old ass across this very ring...I'll be heading to Cyber Sunday to win the WWE Championship.”

[Orton's music plays as he poses in the ring, and the camera goes to the back.]

Another Qualifier

[Carlito is shown backstage, holding an apple and walking in the hall. He finds a door that reads “Shane McMahon,” and he bursts in. He finds the General Manager sitting at his desk.]

Shane: “Carlito! Hey...what can I do for you?”

[shane smiles at Carlito, who doesn't return the gesture.]

Shane: “What...what's the matter?”

[Carlito grabs Shane by the collar and leans in close to him, staring him down.]

Carlito: “You want to know what's the matter? Are you blind? Didn't you see what happened last week? Carlito was going to regain the Intercontinental Championship, until that freak Chris Masters ran in and attacked me with one of his roid-rages! All I have to say is...that's not cool!”

[Carlito takes a bite out of his apple, as Shane looks scared.]

Shane: “Listen....I, uh....I had nothing to do with it! How about this, huh? Instead of getting another Intercontinental Title match, how about you face Chris Masters next week? And...and the winner will move on to the WWE Championship poll at Cyber Sunday!”

[Carlito smirks, and he chews on his apple.]

Carlito: “Now that? That's-”

[Carlito is hit from behind suddenly by Chris Masters! Carlito goes down and Masters lays the boots to him, before picking him up and putting him in the MasterLock. Carlito passes out and Masters finally throws him up against the wall, before leaving a grinning Shane McMahon in his office.]

TAG TEAM MATCH:

The Shooters vs Murdoch & Cade

The Shooters seemed motivated to continue their winning streak, as they quickly went after Murdoch & Cade, former Champions. Cade and Murdoch put up quite a fight early on, using their experience together to their advantage, but Burke and Haas wore them down. Haas took Murdoch down to the mat and dominated him, before tagging in Burke and letting him go to work. Burke ran over and hit an enziguri on Cade, sending him to the outside. Haas then came in and locked Murdoch in a single-leg crab, and Burke put him in an armbar at the same time for an impressive submission. They celebrated after the match, but there celebration was cut short by La Resistance! Dupree and Conway came to the ring and attacked both Burke and Haas, leaving them down on the mat in pain.

The Shooters def. Murdoch & Cade via submission. [**]

The Rated R Superstar

[Maria is standing backstage, with Edge and Lita. Edge has the WWE Championship proudly displayed on his shoulder, and he smiles as he looks at the belt.]

Maria: “Edge, last week it was announced that at Cyber Sunday, you'd be defending the WWE Championship against one of three men. What do you-”

[Lita takes the microphone from Maria, and pushes her back.]

Lita: “Get the hell out of here, Maria. You're not good enough for us!”

[Maria frowns and leaves slowly, as Lita laughs. She turns to Edge, and holds up the microphone.]

Edge: “Right. So as she was saying, I've got to defend MY WWE Championship at Cyber Sunday against one of three men. Who's it going to be? I don't know. And I don't care. Take a look at tonight, for example. Ric Flair, or Randy Orton. A beaten-up old man, or a guy who talks, but can never back himself up? I don't care about either one of them. Hell, I could beat both of them. So as to who wins that match? I don't care.”

[Edge lifts up his WWE Championship, and kisses it.]

Edge: “I'm the WWE Champion. I beat RVD in a ladder match, I beat John Cena and became the Last Man Standing. And nobody...not Ric Flair, not Randy Orton, not Carlito, not Chris Masters, nobody...is going to beat me. Vote for you want when the qualifiers are done. Because quite frankly...it doesn't matter who you idiots vote for.”

[Edge leaves the area with Lita at his side, as the fans boo.]

Johnny Nitro© w/Melina© vs Eugene w/Jim Duggan

Eugene never really had a chance to win this match, as Nitro had control of it throughout. He could've easily put Eugene away several times, but he chose to mock Duggan instead, or to show off his flashy moveset. Eugene tried to “hulk up” late in the match, but Nitro just kept beating on him, sending him down. He hit a stiff dropkick which sent Eugene to the outside, and then connected with a suplex on the mats on the outside. Nitro finally rolled Eugene back into the ring and hit a DDT, before pinning Eugene with a Standing Shooting Star Press to retain the Intercontinental Championship.

Johnny Nitro© def. Eugene via pinfall to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship. [*1/4]

Best Intercontinental Champion?

[After the match Nitro and Melina hold up their belts, and kick Eugene out of the ring. Melina grabs a microphone.]

Melina: “Did you people see that? Johnny Nitro, RAW's best wrestler, just retained his Intercontinental Title for the second week in a row. Did he have to do it? No. He only has to defend once every 30 days. But he did it because he's the best. Just like how I rule the Women's Division, Nitro rules the Intercontinental Championship ranks.”

[Nitro takes the microphone, and holds up his belt.]

Nitro: “You heard her. My name is Johnny Nitro, and I'm the greatest Intercontinental Champion that RAW has ever had! Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, British Bulldog, Shawn Michaels...none of them could've stood up to me. Which is why I'm making a challenge for Cyber Sunday.”

[Nitro looks at the crowd, who seems fairly interested.]

Nitro: “On October 29th, live on Pay Per View, I will defend my Intercontinental Championship against one of three men. We've got three brands, right? RAW, Smackdown!, and ECW. Next week, we'll have outselves a little battle-royal to see who qualifies from RAW. As for the other two? Well, since I'm so good, I'll take on anyone. I'm giving an open invitation to one wrestler from ECW, and one from Smackdown! Come on over at Cyber Sunday, and I'll show everyone why I'm the best.”

[Nitro's music hits and he holds the ropes open for Melina, as the two of them leave the ring.]

The Ninth Samoan Open

[Armando Alejandro Estrada is standing in the ring, with a microphone.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! For almost two months now, the Samoan Open has been going on. And what has happened? Everyone who has entered has fallen! Haha! Where are we el noche, eh? Oklahoma? Who es going to answer the challenge here, eh? JR? Haha!”

[Estrada is cut off, and out comes Kamala! The Ugandan Giant gets into the ring and slaps his chest, as Estrada stares.]

Estrada: “This es it? I want someone to answer the challenge, and I get a como se dice....cartoon character? Ju are nothing, Kamala! It es time to face the real deal....the Samoan Bulldozer...Uuuuuuuumaga!”

[umaga comes down to the ring and faces off with Kamala, and the match begins.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga vs Kamala

Umaga didn't really seem to know what to do with Kamala at first, as the Ugandan Giant rushed towards him and set him back a bit. After a short time though, Umaga went back to his dominating ways. He whipped Kamala into the turnbuckle and ran forward, hitting a huge headbutt. From that point on, Umaga just destroyed Kamala. He kept pounding him with strikes and knees, and then he picked him up and hit an incredible Samoan Drop. Umaga finished the match by drilling the Samoan Spike into Kamala's throat. After the match Armando kicked Kamala from the ring, as he celebrated with Umaga.

Umaga def. Kamala via pinfall. [1/2*]

The Chain Gang Returns

[After a break RAW returns with John Cena's music playing. Cena comes out to a pretty good pop. He still looks a bit beaten up when he gets into the middle of the ring.]

Cena: “I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time talking about the past here tonight. At Unforgiven...I got my ass kicked. I'll be the first to admit it. Edge, you might be an asshole, but you're tough, man. I've gotta give ya props. You beat me. In your home-town, in a Last Man Standing match...you beat me. And now I'll never get a shot at the belt again until you lose it.”

[The crowd boos, as Cena looks on.]

Cena: “Hey, I'm a man of my word. I said that was the final match between the two, and I ain't gonna lie. That was it. But now...what's next for John Cena? There's a lot going on for me. I mean, I've got a movie coming out in October, The Marine. That'll keep me busy for a while. But wrestling? I'm not so sure. I've already beaten everybody here on RAW. Maybe I'll try my luck on Smackdown!? Hell, maybe I should switch things up a bit, and get a little extreme-”

[Cena is interrupted by Shelton Benjamin's music playing. Benjamin comes down to the ring and gets in Cena's face. He simply laughs at Cena.]

Benjamin: “Look at you, man. You got yourself a couple little bandages on ya face from your fight. You got your little t-shirts, your hat, your wristbands...you got all this stuff...for what? Last time I checked, you lost at Unforgiven. You shouldn't even be on the show tonight! And me? I won my match. And what I do I get? Nothin'.”

Cena: “What the...what are you tryin' to say, man?”

Benjamin: “I'm tryin' to say that you aint no good, Cena. You're washed up. You aint as good as you were a couple months ago. But you still get things handed to you. Me? I'm the best athlete on RAW, and what do I get? I don't have no movies. I don't have no t-shirts. I work twice as hard as you, and I don't got jack! ”

[Cena looks at Benjamin and just shrugs his shoulders.]

Cena: “You know what, Shelton? Maybe people just don't like you. I know that not everyone does, but there are a lot of people who pay to see me. Why? Because I give back. I never see you signing autographs after the show. I never see you shaking hands. You think that you're better than me and everyone else in this arena? Well let me let you in on a little secret. You aren't.”

[benjamin looks at Cena...and slaps him in the face! The two start brawling around the ring, exchanging blows. Cena seems to have the advantage, but Benjamin hits a low-blow! Cena goes down, and Benjamin hits the T-Bone Suplex. He then quickly rolls out of the ring as the crowd boos, leaving Cena down and out.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Harry Smith vs Mitch

The Spirit Squad were at ringside for this match, but nothing that they could do could stop Harry Smith tonight. He went on a roll, dominating Mitch, and taking out the rest of the Spirit Squad when they came in to try and interfere. Nicky came in and went for a flying dropkick, but Smith swatted him away. Mikey ran in also, but he was tossed from the top rope. Smith then hit the Running Powerslam on Mitch to pick up the win. Kenny and Johnny entered the ring aftwards, and checked on their fallen teammates.

Harry Smith def. Mitch via pinfall. [*1/4]

Insanity

[Trish Stratus is shown walking backstage. She walks down the hall until she seems Mickie James, who is sitting in a chair with her back to the camera. Trish goes up and places a hand on Mickie, who turns around and screams. She leaps from her seat and away from Trish.]

Mickie: “Get away from me! I don't want to talk to you!”

Trish: “Mickie, I just-”

[Mickie turns and runs down the hall, leaving Trish and the rest of the audience wondering about her sanity. Trish turns around, and comes face-to-face with Melina! Melina smiles, and looks at the Women's Championship. Trish simply stares.]

Trish: “You think this is funny, don't you? You think this is a joke? She's going crazy!”

[Melina nods, as Trish looks upset.]

Trish: “I'm going to get you back for this, Melina. You've gone too far.”

[Trish leaves the area and heads down the hallway after Mickie, as Melina just keeps grinning.]

CYBER SUNDAY QUALIFIER:

Randy Orton vs Ric Flair

The Legend met the Legend Killer in the main event, and the two men put on a great show. They went back-and-forth, trading control of the match several times. Early on it seemed that Orton had the advantage, but Flair slowly started to come back. He took Orton to the ground after hitting a ton of chops, and he started to slowly work over Orton's legs. Orton managed to escape by poking Flair in the eye, a move which the “Dirtiest Player in the Game” didn't appreciate. Although Orton had the momentum for a short time, it was shifted back in Flair's favor when Orton missed a flying crossbody. Flair tried to put Orton away by going to the top-rope himself, but Orton ducked and Flair accidentally hit the referee. Orton siezed this opportunity and went to grab a steel chair. He got back in the ring and went to swing at Flair, but the weapon was grabbed from behind by Triple H. Triple H tossed the weapon aside, and shoved Orton, who turned around...into some Sweet Chin Music by Shawn Michaels! Michaels dragged Flair over Orton's body, and DX revived the referee...1....2....3! Flair's music hit and DX helped him out of the ring. They celebrated up the ramp with Flair, and when Orton looked up at them, they did a few crotch-chops in his direction to end the show.

Ric Flair def. Randy Orton via pinfall. [***1/4]

Quick Match Results

The Shooters def. Murdoch & Cade

Johnny Nitro© def. Eugene

Umaga def. Kamala

Harry Smith def. Mitch

Ric Flair def. Randy Orton

• 10 months later...