Spider-Man 2

THIR13EN²

Guest SelfHighFive

Well since no one's actually said anything about their experience playing the game, I guess I may as well do it.

Firstly, Spider-Man 1 is a piece of shit compared to this game. You get ALL of Manhattan, ALL of Roosevelt Island, plus you can get to the Statue of Liberty. How ever, the only time I've been able to get to the Statue is when Mysterio shows up, other than that I cannot figure out a way over, as the helicopters which reportedly were the way over.... do NOT go over to the island.

Anyway, you can run up walls (to a certain point.) Zipping up a building has been replaced by jumping up a building which is more of a pain in the ass if you ask me. The big problem when trying to learn the new controls is that you have to BUY power-ups by using points received by performing super-hero deeds. The coolest trick I've gotten thus far is.... get this...; TYING PEOPLE TO LIGHTPOSTS! That's right! You can web crooks right up to lamposts, which is awesome.

The biggest problem I've encountered thus far is being able to keep up with Black Cat. I thought Green Goblin was hard in the first game but DAMN! Chasing her twice was enough, the third time I gave up and now I'm just web-swinging.

Let me tell you, after about 15 hours of playing, the game says I'm only 33% done the game. There is so much you need to find and do, finishing might never happen for some people. But hell, I'm perfectly happy just web-swinging and stopping the occasional crime. People who actually know Manhattan will love this game to death, but for those of us like me who've never even been to NY, it gets frustrating when you don't know where you are and have to use a map to figure it out.

Many buildings from the first game are clearly recognizable, and a surprise or two to prove what they are can be found as well!

All in all, I would have to say this is the best video game ever made, and I'm not just saying that. Virtualizing an area this big with this much to do... with as many ways to do it as you can. Pffffttt... no game comes close.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get to Liberty Island, go to ground zero and get ontop on any tall building. You should see 2 or 3 helicopters flying around out near the island. One comes in, you web onto it, then fly out near Ellis Island and web on to the other helicopter. Then you go to the other side of Ellis Island and web onto the copter that will bring you to liberty island

Question: Is the PC version the same as the console version? I've downloaded a demo and it was this friggin' kids game, and it sucks hard. But I've read on some forums that there are two PC versions, the kids game and the console port. I also went to the official site but there's nothing about the PC version yet. Any help here? Please? I'm desperate since I don't own a console and don't have the possibility of owning one.

Question: Is the PC version the same as the console version? I've downloaded a demo and it was this friggin' kids game, and it sucks hard. But I've read on some forums that there are two PC versions, the kids game and the console port. I also went to the official site but there's nothing about the PC version yet. Any help here? Please? I'm desperate since I don't own a console and don't have the possibility of owning one.

I got :shifty: the PC version today, and the only thing i can tell you is DO NOT GET THE PC VERSION

more on that here

http://www.pcgamessource.com/reviews/spiderman22.php

i finished that version of the game in like 4 houres and jesus DID IT EVER SUCK, i was so lucky wen i found this review afterwards that toled me that the console version is different (now that explains w2hy the console versions are about twice as big as the PC version)

PC version = Le Grand suckeeé

I'm definetly going to get this game. That brings me to 3 games I plan to have bought by the end of the summer. Spider-Man 2, NHL:EHM, NCAA Football 2005 or Madden 2005. I'm going to see the movie tonight though. :D If not though I'm definetly going tomorrow.

I got  :shifty: the PC version today, and the only thing i can tell you is DO NOT GET THE PC VERSION

more on that here

http://www.pcgamessource.com/reviews/spiderman22.php

i finished that version of the game in like 4 houres and jesus DID IT EVER SUCK, i was so lucky wen i found this review afterwards that toled me that the console version is different (now that explains w2hy the console versions are about twice as big as the PC version)

PC version = Le Grand suckeeé

Fuck. Guess those forums were wrong. This sucks, why must PC gamers always get the worst of it? I mean, for conversions we have to wait months, and most of the coolest games (IMO) come out on the consoles, yet not on the PC. God dammit, this isn't fair. :angry::(

I still have a glimmer of hope, though, I just checked further Activision's site, and it says Spider-Man 2 for PC is also developed by Treyarch and the game's official site has nothing on the PC version, just a "COMING SOON" thingy... Hopefully they'll release a port or something. But I doubt it. It's bullshit, I tell you, bullshit :angry::angry::angry:

Guest SelfHighFive

The only thing I can't figure out is how to get to Liberty Island without using Mysterio's toys to web-swing across with. In the previews I've seen it has Spidey crawling up and down the Statue, but there aren't any helicopters that fly over there, and there's zero way to get across using the boats and buoys.