Spider-Man 2

THIR13EN²

I accidentally stumbled upon Ground Zero and I only knew it was ground zero cause of a review I read. It said GZ had a bunch of spot lights that make the "Ghost Towers" the NYC had a few months ago, at night. Head for the Statue of Liberty, then look around the buildings there. On the ground, if its during the day, there should be a decent sized chunk of area with 2 sets of blue spotlights sitting in it in the shape of 2 squares. Thats Ground Zero.

Of course this plan also works if you just find Liberty Island and get on one of the buildings around it...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accidentally stumbled upon Ground Zero and I only knew it was ground zero cause of a review I read.  It said GZ had a bunch of spot lights that make the "Ghost Towers" the NYC had a few months ago, at night.  Head for the Statue of Liberty, then look around the buildings there.  On the ground, if its during the day, there should be a decent sized chunk of area with 2 sets of blue spotlights sitting in it in the shape of 2 squares.  Thats Ground Zero.

Of course this plan also works if you just find Liberty Island and get on one of the buildings around it...

Danke, what is the thing with the big glass box? It has 4 squares and then the middle square has like an "indent," for lack of a better word, in it....sorry if thats a bit veuge.

EDIT- AH, I take that back, it's just a big glass complex...

RE-EDIT!!- FOUND IT! :P

Edited by A-Dub

Or, as I found today when doing exactly that, the helicopters I've been talking about are still flying around out there so you can use those too.

I much perfer jumping off the very top of the empire state building(that steel antene thing) than jumping around on the statue of liberty

I much perfer jumping off the very top of the empire state building(that steel antene thing) than jumping around on the statue of liberty

Oh, jumping from the spire is much more fun, but climbing the statue is just so.....innovative, becasue they could have put any huge, generic building in a game and you could jump off of it, but this is the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING. And the real landmarks (such as things said above) make this game the best non NCAA Football 2004 game I own, and it's VERY VERY close.

Edited by A-Dub

Guest SelfHighFive

That area with the spotlights is Ground Zero?! Could've fooled me, I thought there was more to it than that last time I saw pics of it on a news network a month or so back.

I cannot get one chopper to take me to the Statue no matter what I do, its getting frustrating.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone feels like heading over to Gamespot, they actually gave the game a 7.2, calling it too repetitive, too easy, and aside from the main characters everyone looks too blocky. What do they expect when you have an ENTIRE city to roam in, perfection?

Edited by SelfHighFive

Ground Zero is one of the few things not made to look exact. Probably out of respect, they don't want you fighting around the memorial they have there.

I can't for the life of me find the pizza place anymore...

Guest SelfHighFive

I'm pretty sure the pizza place is on the way toward the Statue, I know its on the docks somewhere...

Oh and there's something I was wondering. What happened to precise webbing? In the first game if you pressed R3 you could pick a spot and web straight to it. I don't get why it was taken out of the game, as if would be ideal for getting to the helicopter. That, and being able to climb up your web would help out a lot, too, as I can only hang a ride with the chopper and be so low that if it crosses over a building I get knocked off.

Edited by SelfHighFive

Guest Future Shock

FUUUUUCK!

Hollywood Video had like a bajillion copies for PS2, XBox, AND GC. Guess what! All of em were rented out! So I got Legends Of Wrestling instead. It's ONLY good for a rental. Anyways, I was getting LOW with a free rental, and they forgot to make it one, so they A: gave me a refund for the rental, making it free B: gave me a free game on my account, and C: let me keep the coupon, because I'm a kid, and they like me. :-D So 3 free rentals, because they made one error anybody could. Huzzah!

...But I fucking wanna dive off the Empire State Building.

Guest SelfHighFive

Someone on another BVoard said there was target lock-on, which makes destroying Mysterio's force field hella easy.... yet there's nothing in the manual about it, and nothing I do with the controller works.

Oh how I would give for lock-on mode and web targeting...

Guest SelfHighFive

Web targeting is gone though huh? It'd be much easier to hitch a ride on a chopper if you could just do the old R3 and zip like the last game.

Guest SelfHighFive

Not the web-zip, I mean the targeting like the first game. You'd press R3, and then a little spider would show up to show where Spider-Man is looking, if it's green, you press L1 to shoot out a web and go to that spot.

Well i finished the main storyline yesterday, this game is billion times better than the first movie game was, there still is a lot they could do better but if they make the game for the third movie better as much as they made this one better than the last one that game could become part of my personal top ten.

Stuff i dident like that much

-most of the indore levels

-everything involving water

-fucking children crying for fucking balones over and over and over and over and over [...] aaaaaaand over again...

-the shortness of this game (imagin this being not a movie game not having to hold back, you could ad at least 40 chapters, and if you look at what GTA has more in storylines and music there defenetly should be room on the spiderman disc (it almost fills the dvd, but i feel like that much of it are dumb files (after all you can rip this game to one CD as it seems)

- the stuff that "just happens" is always the same (armored care robberys ect.)

and some more stuff

what i liked about this game

-the overall Spider-man feel

-the swinging kicks so much ass

-Mysterios Funhouse~! (i might be alone with this one)

-the way they did the storyline, even if it should have been more and it is a bit liniar it was very well don if you ask me.

-the story being toled from Spider-Mans View, you don´t know what happesns wen you´re not around (something like that could be used for interactivety but meh...)

and some more stuff

Overall a very solid game, and unlike the first game you defenetly get your monneys worth even if something just is missing to make this game feel compleed (thats the curse of it being a movie game i guss, you got the harry clifhanger that wassent solved, MJ just stoped everything in her ongoing marriage)

I have never been so fucked off by a game. First the getting to the Statue of Liberty now in Dr. Octopussies apartment. Grrr