A Story Rewritten -- A Charlie Haas Diary

RKOwnage

Monday, March 8th, 2001

Today was the day. It was time to take what has been my goal ever since I began here in CZW. The CZW Tag Team Championships. I had already hit the gym on Sunday, so I found no reason to do it again today. I got ready quickly and I headed out at about 3 PM so I could arrive by 5. The show began at 7. I would arrive at 4:30, and as I was making my way toward the arena, I heard a voice, but I couldn't place who it was.

"Charlie!"

I turned around to see my friend Mike Calabrese, who, to be quite honest, I had completely forgotten about. The one thing I was focused on was the CZW Tag Team Championships.

"Hey Mike, are you ready to meet the CZW locker room?

"Yeah," he answered, taking out a folded white shirt with the letters "CZW" in yellow and black on the front that was hanging out of his pocket and a black Sharpie marker out of the other pocket, "I even have my CZW t-shirt for them to sign."

"That's cool, I'll try and get everyone to sign it for you. But one warning before we go in here. If this arena is anything like the last time I was here, the locker room smells like bad eggs. So if I were you, I wouldn't try and breathe too much."

We laughed as I signed his shirt before we entered the arena. I led him to the locker room and it did indeed smell atrocious. There were a couple of people in the main room, namely Matt (Wifebeater) Prince and Jon Rechner (Balls Mahoney). We went up to Wifebeater first, Balls is a creepy man.

"Hey, my friend was wondering if he could get you to sign his shirt."

"Are you serious? I got better things on my mind."

I told Mike to wait a minute and I beckoned for Wifebeater to walk over. He came and I started to whisper, so Mike didn't hear.

"Come on, just sign the damn shirt, this is that kid's dream. He'd be devastated. You know what, here, here's 20 bucks, now go sign his shirt."

I slipped him a 20 dollar bill and he walked over to Mike and signed his shirt. Balls Mahoney was unusually nice, and signed the shirt with no questions asked. The rest of the wrestlers were good, but I noticed two guys were missing from the shirt, and that was Jon Dahmer. Even Ruckus had signed it without a problem. I had found Dahmer in one of the back office areas, and I approached him.

"Jon, I have a friend out there who wants everyone back here to sign his shirt. I know we have our problems, so I'm just asking you to do this for him and not for me."

"Yeah I know I saw everyone else signing it. I'll do it." He said, which seemed peculiar.

Dahmer got up and walked over to Mike, before taking the Sharpie from him. As he was getting ready to sign the shirt, he said something to him.

"Your name's Mike, right? Well Mike, you've got yourself a friend who's nothing but a b***h. He thinks he can cut it in this business, but he obviously can't since he was cut by the WWF. And if those guards at the gym hadn't broken us up, I would've broken his jaw right then and there. And next time, I WILL break his jaw. Have a good day kid."

Dahmer signed the shirt and handed it back to Mike as he turned to smirk at me. He walked back into the office part as I glanced over at Ruckus, who had an "I told you" look on his face.

30 Minutes Later...

It was almost showtime. I sat in my part of the locker room, watching the show on a small monitor with Mike.

"So how'd you like the CZW guys?"

"They're cool I guess, other than that Jon Dahmer, he's a dick. He used to be one of my favorites, too. If only I'd known how he's like back here."

"Try being on the road with him."

"Haha, I can imagine how bad that is."

"Yeah, but anyway, I've got a match in a half hour and I have to go get ready, so don't get in too much trouble back here."

We chuckled and I went out toward the curtain. I heard the music of Super Crazy hit as he had just beaten Wifebeater. After he walked through the curtain, Wifebeater did a few minutes later, nursing his stomach. After that, my music played and I walked out as the arena gave me a pretty big pop, but I was zoned in. Time felt as if it were 30 times slower as I stared down at the ring. I walked around the ring and slapped the fans' hands as I waited for my partner and my opponents. Joey Matthews's theme music hit and he made his way down to the ring as well. After he stepped in, we discussed our strategy a bit, which was the same as when I faced Trent Acid, watch out for the strikes and their cheating tactics. The music of the Backseat Boyz played and the fans booed them to hell. Once they got in the ring, we decided that I'd start the match against Johnny Kashmere.

The bell rang and Johnny and I locked up. He locked in a side headlock and began to wrench on my neck. I began to struggle breathing as he was cutting off my air supply. Kashmere dropped to one knee and he pulled me over his back, hitting a side headlock takedown. He locked in an armbar on the ground, but I managed to roll through and get out of it. As he got up, I hit a dropkick to his knee and began to work them over. I dropped an elbow on his knee, and held that position, so I could cut off his blood circulation to his leg by bending it in uncomfortable ways.

After I let go of the hold, he sat up and began to clutch his leg. While he was seemingly not paying attention, I set up to deliver a huge running kick to his back. But he quickly moved out of the way as he saw me coming, got up, and hit a snap mare takedown to me. He went for an elbow drop, but I instinctively rolled out of the way. He got up and I ducked a clothesline, before hitting a back suplex. That led to me locking in a Figure Four leglock, and Kashmere was howling in agony. I increased the pressure on his knee, but before he could tap out, Trent Acid ran in and landed a hard kick to my side. He stepped out of the ring and Kashmere tagged out to him.

Acid came in and was on the attack as I was still catching my breath from that kick which had knocked the wind out of me. Trent lifted me up and went for some punches. He hit the first one, but the second one I blocked and hit a standing dropkick. I made the cover, but only for a one count. I quickly went over to Acid's legs and locked in an STF! He was about three inches away from touching the ropes with his outstretched arm as Johnny Kashmere jumped off the apron. He walked over to the part of the ring we were at and he began to push the ropes toward Trent as much as he could. The referee was concerned about Joey Matthews, trying to get in the ring and stop Kashmere. Acid was barely able to get one finger on the ropes before he wrapped his whole hand around it, and the referee forced me to break the hold. I would then drag Acid to our corner and tag in Joey.

Matthews walked in and landed hard punches to Trent's face. He lifted Acid up and the two began to exchange right hands. Joey had Acid groggy, and he backed up off the ropes and hit a running clothesline. He kicked Acid out of the ring and the crowd popped as Matthews was getting ready to hit off of the opposite ropes. Acid got up to his feet on the outside as Matthews bounced off the opposite ropes and flew through the ones nearest to Acid with a suicide dive! Once both men were on their feet, Matthews kicked him in the stomach and locked in a front facelock. He lifted Trent up for a suplex and flipped him backwards as if going for a normal suplex, but he instead used the ring ropes to create an innovative slingshot, to slam Acid down stomach first onto the guard rail with extra momentum. The crowd roared as Matthews lifted him up and rolled him into the ring.

As Joey lifted Trent up, he somehow still had the energy to punch Matthews in the stomach and begin an assault of kicks. He whipped Matthews into the ropes and hit a clothesline. He then locked in a rear chinlock on the ground, which I broke up by kicking Acid in the shoulder. Trent tried to run me out of the ring, but he was turned around by Matthews, who kicked him in the stomach and hit a snap DDT! He made the cover, but only got a two count. He then began to unleash rabid punches, mounting Acid and forcing him to cover up. Matthews lifted him up and whipped him into the corner. He ran at him and went for a splash, but Acid moved out of the way and sent Joey straight into the turnbuckle. Matthews turned around straight into a high knee from Acid and Trent tagged out to Kashmere.

Kashmere trudged straight towards Matthews, who quickly lifted him up and sent him face first into the turnbuckle! As he turned around, Matthews went for a Northern Lights Suplex, but Kashmere came to his senses and hit a DDT. After a few minutes of Johnny Kashmere dominating, he attempted a suplex. Matthews hooked his leg with his own, blocking the suplex. He would then reverse it into a suplex of his own. I was standing on the outside, begging for a tag. Itching to get in the ring. Matthews crawled over and slapped my outstretched hand, and I stepped into the ring.

I ran in and began to unleash punches onto Kashmere, before I hit him with a backbreaker. I quickly followed through with a Boston Crab. Johnny reached the ropes in about a minute. I picked him up and hit a bridging Northern Lights Suplex, which got a two. After that, I went all out on him, hitting a seated face buster, popularized by X-Pac as the X-Factor. I raised him and hit a vicious European Uppercut, followed by a belly to belly suplex. After that, I locked in another Figure Four, before he reached the ropes once more. I then pulled him to the middle of the ring and locked in a bow and arrow lock, stretching the muscles in his back. He was in obvious pain as Acid kicked me off and Matthews ran him out of the ring. I tried to end it once more with a single leg crab, but once again, the resilient Johnny Kashmere reached the ropes. I was getting very aggravated, and in my frustration, Johnny had tagged in Trent Acid.

I locked up with him and attempted to Irish whip him into the ropes. As I tried to let go, I lunged forward and he did a 360 degree spin, whipping me into the ropes. He bounced off the opposite ropes and was setting up for a running clothesline, but I stopped short and lifted him up, draping his neck over the top rope. He turned around, looking dazed, and I hit an Exploder suplex! The fans went wild as I attempted to lock in the Haas of Pain, but Acid escaped. As he was recuperating, Kashmere shouted insults at me and I walked over to him, ready to attack. All of a sudden, I felt myself falling backwards until I was on my back, shoulders down, and Trent Acid using a schoolboy cradle. I felt him tugging on my wrestling tights in order to gain more leverage while the referee slammed his hand to the mat three times, sinking my heart.

Announcer: The winners of the match by pinfall, and STILL the CZW Tag Team Champions, the Backseat Boyz!

Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere walked up the aisle, holding their championships in the air, but I had had enough. I demanded a microphone from ringside and started to talk, my pent up rage about to shoot out.

"CUT THE MUSIC! CUT THE DAMN MUSIC! You guys wanna cheat your way to victory? Well you know what, next month at Destruction in Dover, one last time, us against you, but we're gonna hang the belts from the ceiling and use any way needed to get it down. Ladders, scaffolds, hell, you could go up there and have one person lower the belt so the other one can grab it. What do you say?"

Trent Acid got a microphone from a staff member nearby.

"What do WE say? WE say you're on!"

The crowd exploded as the theme of the Backseat Boyz played. Matthews and I walked out of the ring, and finally backstage.

IPB Image

CZW Break On Thru Results (03/08/01)

by The Man

1. MATCH: Super Crazy def. Wifebeater

• Wifebeater wore Crazy down early with a three minute bearhug.

• Crazy fought out of it and hit a spinning heel kick.

• Later on, Wifebeater went for his Chokenstein, but Crazy raked his eyes!

• Later on in the match, Super Crazy finished Wifebeater off with a triple jump moonsault!
2. MATCH: The Backseat Boyz def. Charlie Haas & Joey Matthews to retain the CZW Tag Team Titles!
  • Haas and Kashmere brawled for a bit in the beginning.

• Haas locked in a Figure Four Leglock, but it was broken up by Acid.

• Later on, Charlie Haas would slap on an STF, but Kashmere helped Acid reach the ropes.

• Joey Matthews used an innovative slingshot front suplex onto the guard rail to Acid.

• Johnny Kashmere dominated Joey Matthews with all types of holds and strikes.

• Haas locked in a Figure Four again on Kashmere, which was broken up, a Bow and Arrow lock, which was broken up, and finally a single leg crab, which Kashmere reached the ropes on.

• After Haas hit an Exploder Suplex onto Trent Acid, he was not able to lock in the Haas of Pain.

• As Johnny Kashmere distracted Haas, Trent Acid rolled him up and held his tights for the victory!

• After the match, Charlie Haas challenged the Tag Team Champions to one last match next month, where the belts will be suspended above the ring and the competitors use any means necessary to get it down, and it was accepted.
3. MAIN EVENT: Yoshihiro Tajiri def. Red to retain the CZW World Title!
  • Tajiri would once again try to turn away the resilient young up and comer, Red.

• Red used his youth and quickness to run circles around Tajiri, who isn't a slouch on his feet either.

• Red used a ton of corkscrews and spinning moves on Tajiri, who tried to stay more grounded.

• Red went for a Phoenix Splash, but Tajiri rolled out of the way and made the cover after Red crashed and burned, but Tajiri only got a two.

• Tajiri went for a Buzzsaw Kick, but Red ducked it and tripped Tajiri, before hitting a springboard moonsault! That only got a two and the fans were stunned.

• Red couldn't believe it, and he turned around into hard kicks to his thighs and legs.

• At the end of the match, Red found himself on the wrong end of a vicious Buzzsaw Kick, and Tajiri covered to win and retain the CZW World Title!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday, March 24, 2001

It had been over two weeks since the last show, and I was still slightly disappointed. I couldn't wait until Destruction in Dover when we were getting another shot at those CZW Tag Team Titles. When Corso told me it was gonna be in a ladder-type match, I was a little skeptical, but with the guys i'm in the ring with, I think the match could turn out to go pretty well. Acid and Matthews are more spotty, which is always good in a match like this, and then you have the guys who would carry the technical part of it, that being Johnny and I. At that moment, I heard my cell phone ring. It was Russ.

"Hey Russ, haven't heard from you in awhile. How've you been?"

"I've been pretty good, how's CZW been?"

"It's been good, I'm glad to be back in the ring, but there's a few guys down here that are assholes, like Dahmer."

"He wasn't bad last time, but I guess that was different. Anyway I've been making a little money here and there."

"How's that?"

"Investing. I bought some shares from a McDonald's, and it's really doing good. I made about $1,000 in the last couple of months."

"That's good, I'm glad things are working out for you. I'm doing pretty good up here too, met a few new people, picked up a few bucks while I was at it."

"Cool, but if you want more money I think you should try and buy some stocks. It's a lot less pain and a lot more money. Maybe invest in an up and coming restaurant or business."

"I might, but for right now I'm sticking with what I've got right now. Wrestling's my thing now."

"Oh, well I hope you change your mind one day. Anyway, I've gotta go, I'm going to Mom's for dinner."

"Oh, ok, bye Russ it was good to hear from you."

"You too."

And so we ended our conversation. I was a little disappointed in him, as this basically means he's not returning to the ring. I was sad that I would probably never team with him again. But I guess I can't worry about that, I've gotta worry about putting on a show at Destruction in Dover.

OOC: Meh, this was just a quick update, thought I'd just bring Russ back for an update, and that I might actually invest in something in the game to bring in a bit more cash. This was mainly a filler update <_< The next one will be important, I promise >_>

Friday, April 2, 2001

It was around 6 PM and I had already arrived in Dover, Delaware. I sat in a restaurant called Santino's, an Italian place. Dover really is a nice place, Delaware's kind of a forgotten state I think. There are some really beautiful parts of this state, and people always talk about how great the countryside looks, but I think Delaware looks really nice -- in some places.

As I was thinking about that, my cellphone started to vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and it was John Corso.

"Hello?"

"Hey Charlie, just calling to let you know Destruction in Dover is gonna be on the 15th, next Saturday. You're gonna be able to make it, right?"

"Yeah, I'm in Delaware already, I'm actually at a restaurant. Here's my food now, hold on," I said as I allowed the waiter to place my plate on the table. "Alright, but yeah, I'm gonna be able to make it."

"Ok good, that's gonna be the main event for the show. It's looking good so far, the last few matches have shown me that you four bring out the best in each other, and I hope that's gonna carry over into the match at Destruction in Dover. This will be the end of your rivalry with Kashmere and Acid, and here's what's gonna happen next."

He explained the storyline plans to me and I agreed with him, it seemed logical. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I noticed my food was already getting cold. Just as I was about to eat it, I heard a voice.

"Yo!"

I turned around and saw Ruckus making his way towards my booth. No racism intended, but I don't think I'd ever seen a black man in an Italian restaurant before. He walked over to me and sat down across from me, dressed in a Jerry Rice football jersey and a red folded bandana.

"I thought you didn't like me."

"Nah man, I just think you gotta learn to pop a bitch if you gotta. If Dahmer gon' get in your face like that, sometimes you just gotta hit em."

"While we're talking about Dahmer, I'm just wondering, what exactly did he do to you that you hate him with such a passion?"

"That ain't matter. What matters is that his bitch ass quits hatin' on us. He just jealous because he ain't athletes like me and you. He a fat, old bitch with no talent. It ain't even like he doin' anything useful, he ain't even in most of the shows, but this month you in the main event and I'ma be on the card too."

"Yeah, I think he's a little too high on himself, and he thinks he's much better than he really is, but he has no talent whatsoever in the ring, so he's pretty useless."

"Yeah man. But listen I'ma bounce I'm meetin' my homie right over here. Lata' man."

He left and I was finally left in peace to eat my (now cold) food. I still wondered what had happened between Dahmer and Ruckus, but I guess he's not gonna tell me. If only I knew coming back to CZW would lead to this many problems...

OOC: You can post feedback anytime now <_<

Saturday, April 15th, 2001

I stood behind the curtain to the entrance aisle, seemingly in a trance. I stared at the curtain as I heard the theme music of Joey Matthews playing as my match was almost ready to start. It felt as if time were flying by as thoughts passed through my mind. I thought about setting the crowd on fire here tonight by putting on the best show of my life. My music hit and I passed through the curtain, looking into the ring at Matthews. I did my usual routine, walking around the ring, slapping fans' hands as I passed. I got in the ring and we waited for the Backseat Boyz to come out. Their music hit and the fans booed them as they walked to the ring, CZW Tag Titles in hand. They got in and handed the belts the the referee, who put them onto a rope to be hung from the ceiling. The rope was lifted as all four of us stared up at them.

From the moment the bell rang, the entire match was chaotic. Trent Acid and I went after each other, while Kashmere and Matthews battled it out. We swung punches at each other as I saw Johnny Kashmere hit a standing dropkick out of the corner of my eye. I blocked a punch from Acid and pushed him backwards into the ropes. I hit a back body drop, before rushing over to save my partner. I landed a forearm to the back of Kashmere's head before Irish whipping him. I bounced off the opposite ropes and hit a clothesline. He got up and ran into a shoulderblock from Matthews. Then we both Irish whipped him and hit a double hip toss! At that point, Acid came over and was hit with a double clothesline as they both rolled out of the ring to discuss some strategy.

The fans were going crazy as the two heels were going over a bit of a plan. I stared down at them, getting the crowd involved as I taunted, when Joey tapped me on the shoulder. This was a planned spot, and we both bounced off the opposite ropes, and as we came back, we both dove in between the top and middle ropes, hitting double suicide dives on our opponents! All four of us sold the pain, although my shoulder was aching a bit from that. As we got up, Kashmere and I went face to face, and neither one of us would stop punching. He raked my eyes, and that alone was enough to get me to stop, however. I sold it and turned around, letting him gain control. He hit me with an elbow to the back of my head as I collapsed forward.

I could hear the fans' delight turning to despair, watching the Backseat Boyz take over. Kashmere took my head and slammed me into the guard rail. I fell to the ground and he ceased attacking. I rolled over, selling a head injury. My main reason for rolling over was to see if Kashmere was doing what I thought, and indeed he was. He looked underneath the ring and brought out a 15 foot high ladder, before tossing it into the ring. I saw Acid deliver some more strikes to Matthews, but one punch was ducked and Joey got in control while Kashmere was setting the ladder up underneath the belts. I started to get up as I saw Matthews hit a vertical suplex onto Acid. I started to crawl towards Trent on the outside.

As I was making my way over to Acid, I looked inside the ring. I saw Kashmere trying to climb the ladder still. He was about halfway up as Matthews grabbed the back of his tights. He pulled him down a step and hammered away at his back. Matthews then grabbed his waist and ripped him off the ladder backwards, hitting a German suplex, causing Kashmere to land straight on his neck! While this was happening, the force from Kashmere trying to flail his legs and stay on the ladder knocked it over! On the outside, I had made my way over to Trent Acid and we were going at it. I attempted to Irish whip him into the ring post, but he reversed it, sending me shoulder first into the steel!

Inside the ring, I saw Joey lift up the ladder and set it underneath the suspended title belts once more. He climbed one rung at a time pretty quickly and was close to the top, reaching up for the championships, but Trent Acid got up onto the apron and springboarded, landing on the other side of it, level with Matthews! I started to get in the ring at this point and Johnny pounced. He began to attack me as, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Joey climb to the top of the ladder with Acid bent over. I knocked Kashmere down with a punch as Matthews flipped over him but caught his thighs into a powerbomb and slammed him to the ground! The fans exploded as I went to pick up Kashmere, but was tripped. He then dropped an elbow on my knee and wrenched it.

Out of nowhere, Joey Matthews ran over and kicked Kashmere in the back, prompting him to get up with me lying there selling a knee injury. The two brawled for a little bit as I got up, ready to help my partner. Matthews Irish whipped Kashmere into the ropes, did a leap frog, and as he passed by, I hit him with a spinning heel kick to the face! The crowd popped and I started to stomp on Kashmere, and I turned around to witness steel colliding with bones as Acid bashed a chair over Matthews’ head. I took the ladder down and grabbed it to use it as a counter weapon. I noticed that Joey had bladed, as his forehead was gushing blood. Acid and I circled the ring, faking strike after strike. Finally, he ran at me, I evaded, and he dodged a ladder shot. We stood at a stalemate, before Johnny Kashmere crawled up behind me and delivered a low blow!

That brought me to my knees as I braced myself for a chair shot. Acid slammed the chair over my head as they began the beatdown. Out of nowhere, Joey Matthews tossed in a semi-small item of some sort. I noticed that it was a trampoline that some cheerleaders use. Now one question popped into my mind. Why the hell was that underneath the ring? But anyway, Matthews tried to fend both of them off, but a ladder and a chair were just too much for him, as they bombarded him with steel. After they kicked him out of the ring, Kashmere threw the ladder at him and it hit him in the head! He seemed all but out as Trent Acid pushed Kashmere, blasting him for throwing away the ladder. Kashmere pointed to the trampoline, and they set it up directly underneath the belts. Kashmere held the trampoline in place as Acid jumped a few times and got some height.

By that point, I had made my way to my feet. I saw that Trent Acid was almost there, he was to the point where his fingertips were touching the belts, making them swing from side to side a bit. While Acid was in mid-air, I ran over and hit a basement dropkick to Kashmere’s face, causing the trampoline to move, and Acid landed on his back on the mat! He rolled around in pain, out of the ring near Joey. Kashmere and I went at it, with me getting the upperhand. I whipped him into the corner and went for a clothesline, but he moved out of the way, and as I turned around, he hit a monkey flip, sending me to the mat. I got up and we ran at each other, hitting a double clothesline.

Both of us were down as I turned to look towards Matthews and Acid, who had battled their way through the aisle. I made my way towards the ropes to pull myself up. Kashmere had gotten to his feet and we locked up in the middle of the ring to the crowd cheering. He got me in a side headlock, but I ran to my side and pushed him off, sending him into the ropes. I hit a standing dropkick and went outside the ring to get the steel chair. I picked it up and rolled into the ring. I went to swing it at Kashmere, but he ducked and dropkicked it into my face! I saw him standing, trying to sell that he didn’t know what to do to get the belts down. He went outside to get a ladder, but it seemed that during the whole brawl with Acid and Matthews, who were nowhere to be found, had taken the ladder with them.

After looking underneath the ring to no avail, Kashmere began to get frustrated and pound the mat. All of a sudden, as I was getting up, I saw the belts being lowered. I looked up and saw Trent Acid on a scaffold, operating the controls for the belt lowering process. Kashmere smiled up at him and went to reach for them, but I tripped him and locked him in the Haas of Pain! Limping down the aisle came Joey Matthews, who slid in the ring. Acid was jamming on the button to get it to go back up, but he pressed the button so many times, it short circuited and exploded in his face, making him stagger and almost fall off of the scaffold! The belts stayed about 6 feet above the ground as Kashmere was tapping wildly and there was nothing Acid could do as Joey Matthews unhooked the belts to make us champions! The bell rang and Matthews handed me one of the belts, busted wide open.

Announcer: The winners of the match, and the NEW CZW Tag Team Champions, JOEY MATTHEWS AND CHARLIE HAAS!

We celebrated in the ring as the fans were absolutely going crazy at what they had just seen! While we hugged in the ring, Johnny Kashmere was selling a hurt knee and lower back from the Haas of Pain, trying to get up. As new champions, we each went to a turnbuckle and raised the belts for the crowd. I looked into the sea of human bodies cheering for us, and it made me get the biggest adrenaline rush in my life. To see hundreds of people rooting for you and cheering you on is the best thing in life. Just to know that even in a small way, you influence the life of hundreds of people made me feel like a good person. I jumped down off the turnbuckle as Matthews and I walked out of the ring. We went over the match a little bit, and we unanimously thought it was excellent. We then walked backstage, successful.

IPB Image

CZW Destruction in Dover Results (04/15/01)

by The Man

1. MATCH: Super Crazy def. Zandig

• The owner of CZW was set to take on the Insane Luchadore, Super Crazy.

• Zandig tried to wear Crazy down with his garbage tactics, but Crazy was too agile for a lot of his weapon shots.

• Zandig went for the Spiral Bomb, but Crazy turned it into a spinning headscissors!

• Later on in the match, Super Crazy hit the Crazysault onto Zandig for the win!
2. MATCH: Yoshihiro Tajiri def. Balls Mahoney to retain the CZW World Title!
  • The sadistic Balls Mahoney searched for his first ever CZW World Title against Tajiri and his lethal kicks.

• Like a lot of the other opponents Tajiri has faced, Balls was superior in size and tried to wear him down.

• Like all of the other opponents Tajiri has faced, Balls was unable to use pure power to keep Tajiri grounded.

• Tajiri hit a lot of thigh and leg kicks to Balls, getting him to one knee, before he hit a DDT.

• Balls would hit a powerslam, but only get a two.

• Mahoney would try to hit the Nutcracker Suite, but Tajiri slipped out and got a two count on a schoolboy.

• Late in the match, Tajiri blasted Balls with a Buzzsaw kick and covered for the win!
3. ANY MEANS NECESSARY MATCH: Joey Matthews & Charlie Haas def. Backseat Boyz to win the CZW Tag Team Titles!
  • This was the culmination of a four month long feud between these two teams.

• The match started off with a little brawl between the two teams.

• Matthews and Haas did a double suicide dive to the Backseat Boyz on the outside!

• Joey Matthews hit a German suplex to Johnny Kashmere, who was trying to climb a ladder to reach the belts.

• Matthews climbed to the top of the ladder and hit a sunset flip powerbomb to Trent Acid! The fans started a “CZW” chant.

• Acid hit a chairshot to both opponents and tried to use a trampoline to get the belts, but Haas dropkicked Kashmere, who was holding the trampoline, sending Acid plummeting to the ground.

• Kashmere dropkicked a chair into Haas’s face, but had no way to get the belts down from above the ring.

• Trent Acid had made his way up to a scaffold and was operating the rope hanging the belts.

• Charlie Haas locked in the Haas of Pain on Kashmere as Matthews was running into the ring, favoring his right knee.

• Acid tried to raise the belts again, but the button exploded in his face and Matthews grabbed the belts for his team!

this diary really has a unique quality to it. The layout is not of the usual variety but the diary is very entertaining and very easy to get into. You could tell from the get go that that this had the potential to be an interesting read and you have certainly proved this to be the case. The main event of the last show was definately markable and balls vs. tajiri (need i say more). Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday, May 14th, 2001

My eyes slowly opened that morning, but as I looked out the window of the hotel room, it was still pitch black. I turned to see the cable box on the television flashing 3:56. I rolled over and attempted to fall asleep again, but to no use. It felt like days had passed, but as I rolled over again, the clock showed 4:11. I decided it was no use and I got up and began to make coffee. I poured the black liquid into the cup and put sugar and milk in it. As I was drinking, I was dead tired as it was, so I was pretty out of it. After being re-energized a bit,I I turned on the television. As I was watching the TV, I started to see colored dots in front of my eyes, and I began to sweat profusely. I got up and I was a bit dizzy as I walked over to the air conditioner, which was already on. It was at 75 degrees, the normal temperature. As I started to walk back over to the bed, I collapsed face-first to the ground and blacked out.

Later..

I regained control of my senses and immediately a smell of death had crawled its way up my nostrils. Instantly, I recognized the scent as a hospital. My eyes cracked open and I heard the painfully annoying beeping of an IV as a beautiful young nurse, no older than 21, with long brown hair, made her way over to me with a pillow.

"Good, you're awake. We were afraid something bad had happened," she said as she put the pillow underneath my head.

"How..did I get here?"

"Someone named Jon Dahmer. He said he was in his hotel room and he heard a bump from upstairs that woke him up. He went up to the room above his and the door was unlocked and he went in to see you out cold on the floor. He threw you in his car, drove here, and that's how you ended up in this bed."

'Dahmer?!' I thought to myself, 'Why would he have brought me here instead of just leaving me there? That also explains why no one is here with me right now.'

"Um, miss?"

"Yes, sir."

"What time is it?"

"It's 12:20, the doctor will be in to tell you what's wrong in about 20 minutes."

As I sat there for the next few minutes, I kept noticing the nurse looking at me out of the corner of her eye while going through file cabinets. Did she expect me to suddenly fall go unconscious again? I felt fine, except for a bit of sweating, but everything was OK. A few moments later, she walked over to me again.

"Hmm...you'll be medically cleared from here in a little while, but I've got a question to ask you," she said to me, "You seem like a nice guy, I'd like you to meet my friend. She's really pretty and she's nice too, so would you be up to it?"

"Sure, I guess." What else could I say? "I'm not really sure, I'm a wrestler, I'm only gonna be here every few months, but I guess we could just see how it goes."

"Really? What a coincidence, she's been contacted by WWF to be part of the Tough Enough contest to be the next wrestler for them. So that's cool, you two can talk about having matches together."

We chuckled and continued talking for a while. The nurse told me her friend's name was Jackie Gayda, and that she had been training for wrestling for a little over a year. She found out that there was a great school in Delaware for wrestling, so she came all the way here from Ohio just to wrestle.

"By the way, my name is Katie, here's my number."

She wrote it down on a post-it note and gave it to me. She gave me a note and I wrote my number on it.

"I'll call you when I find out a good day for her. How long are you going to be here?"

"I'm not sure, probably around 2 weeks, my next event is here in Delaware 2 Wednesdays from now."

At that point, the doctor walked in and was prepared to tell me what had happened and why I collapsed. He wasn't exactly sure, he told me it was probably stress from being on the road, but it had never occurred before, so I doubt that. He gave me his number and told me to call him if it ever happened again and that he would prescribe me something. I had a few more tests taken and the doctor said I was fine, so I was cleared to leave. On the car ride home, a thought ran through my mind.

"Jackie Gayda..."

wwnup0.png

New WCW Head Booker, WCW Re-Signing

by The Man

If you thought WWF was going to take two of WCW's biggest stars, you were completely wrong. If you thought 2 of the greatest wrestlers of the past decade(s) would be leaving World Championship Wrestling, think again.

In perhaps a last ditch effort, Ric Flair will be remaining with World Championship Wrestling. Not only was he given a contract extension, but "The Nature Boy" has taken over the head booker spot in WCW. God knows what's gonna be on TNT on Mondays and Thursdays now that "The Nature Boy" has taken over. The 16 time Heavyweight Champion will look to turn his company's ratings around in order to stop the WWF from gaining any more power over them.

Management's first move after retaining Ric Flair was resigning another talent of theirs, Lance Storm. Many say Storm is underutilized in WCW, well they can get used to that for awhile, as he isn't going anywhere. Storm was rumored to have signed a contract with WWF a few weeks back, but this is official news, so Storm is definitely staying with World Championship Wrestling -- at least for the time being.

In other news, the World Wrestling Federation extended the contracts of referee Theodore Long and current Women's Championship #1 contender, Victoria.

Until next time, this is The Man, telling you to stay tuned for my next article.

Edited by RKOwnage

I like the way youve added Jackie into this, though it does seem a tad early (for all i know they couldve met then though) and the way you had the nurse explain the Tough Enough thing was weird, but thats minor, glad to see this diary's sticking around

Monday, May 22nd, 2001

I had been feeling fine for the last week or so, there had been no symptoms of another collapse. Again, today I had felt fine for the first few hours of the day. It was 10 AM and I was doing various calisthenics in my hotel room when I got a call on my phone. It was that nurse, Katie.

"Hello?"

"Hi Charlie, it's Katie. Umm, I was wondering if you wanted to come out with me and Jackie to a restaurant today for lunch, somewhere in Dover. You wanna come?"

"Uh, sure. Where do you wanna go?"

"It's called Capriotti's. They have great sandwiches there."

"Oh, ok, so what time do you want me to pick you up, around 1:30?"

She gave me the directions to her house, where she and Jackie would be. Literally seconds after I had gotten off the phone with Katie, I got a call from John Corso.

"Hey John, what's up?"

"Nothing, just seeing how you've been since your thing last week, and if you don't think you can wrestle on Wednesday, let me know and I'll find a replacement for you."

"Nah, I've been good, I think I'm gonna be able to go."

"OK, so you've got the match, it's you and Matthews against Wifebeater and Nate Hatred. I want you guys to sell their power a lot, the announcers are gonna put over the fact that you guys just went through hell last month, and the only way you're gonna be able to beat them is to use your quickness and technical ability. You got it, right?"

"Yeah, I'm good. See you Wednesday, John."

2 Hours Later...

I was in my car, driving to Katie's house, but I still couldn't get my mind off of Jon Dahmer and why he would bring me to the hospital when I was unconscious. Why would he have cared that I was out cold? This thinking ceased as I looked at the paper that I had written the directions on and I saw 98 Brookside Avenue, Katie's address. I stopped and beeped my horn as two women came out of the door. One I recognized as Katie, and the other had beautiful blonde hair and brown eyes. She was very slender, and probably around 5'6. Katie got in the front seat and Jackie in the back.

I began to drive as the two friends talked a bit and Katie gave me some directions along the way. Once we arrived at the restaurant, Capriotti's, we were seated within 2 minutes. When we sat down, Katie desperately tried to get us to start a conversation. I'm not sure what it is, I was never great with women. Not that I'm completely clueless as to what to say, I'm just...shy I guess. Katie failed many times trying to get us to talk. I was trying to think what to say as I blankly stared at the menu.

"So um, you guys are both wrestlers, what's it like?" Katie spoke.

"You don't care, Katie. But anyway, Charlie, you're a wrestler? I know this may be mean, but I've never heard of you before." Jackie said with a smile.

I laughed, "Maybe you haven't because me and my brother Russ never really made an impact on the major leagues. We were in Ohio Valley Wrestling for awhile and we got called up to WWF, before we got released a few weeks later. Now I'm in CZW in the northeast."

"Oh, I'm gonna be in Tough Enough for WWF starting in June. I'm gonna be in Connecticut, do you work there?"

"No, we mainly work in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Not much variety."

We got into a long discussion about the business, and about my experiences in WWF. I told her my event on Wednesday was in Dover, and at that point I could tell Katie was bored out of her mind, only pretending to pay attention. Once the dinner came I allowed the girls to talk with each other as I was too consumed with my food. Once it was time to leave, Jackie put her number into my phone and I did the same to hers. We got the check, and I dropped her off at her house and Katie off at hers. Once I got back to my hotel, I fell asleep, preparing for a hard day of exercise before my match.

Wednesday, May 24th, 2001

I started my car and I was off to the arena. I got on the highway toward the arena. I was trying to get in the zone for my match, but I just couldn’t, between Jon Dahmer possibly saving my life and Jackie Gayda.

Later..

I pulled in the parking lot and parked my car. I got out, shut the door, and got my duffel bag from the back seat. I took it and opened the door to the arena. Some fans pointed and ran up to me, asking for my autograph as I carried the CZW World Tag Team Championship around my waist. I signed a few items before entering the dressing room. I stepped through the door and saw a couple of people in the main area, like Tajiri and Ruckus. After seeing me, Ruckus immediately walked up to me.

"Yo man, you a’ight? I heard what went down last week, ain’t seen you.”

"Yeah, I’m good. I’m gonna be able to go tonight."

"A’ight, dude. Well I’ma go warm up, I’m out, peace."

Ruckus walked away as I dropped my bag in front of my locker. I opened it and threw my gear inside. I turned around and I saw Jon Dahmer walking by.

"Jon!"

He turned around and I walked over. I stood there for a second, hesitating on what to say. He seemingly read my mind.

“You wanna know why I brought you to the hospital, don’t you?”

"Yeah…I thought you hated me."

"Hate’s a strong word, kid. Just because I think you’re a punk doesn’t mean I hate you. But still, even though I don’t like you, I’m not gonna leave you for dead on the ground in your hotel room. I have a conscience too, you know. And also, even though I don’t like you and I used to think you were just a stuck up piece of trash who thought he was better than everyone else, your match last month really proved something to me. I sat here and watched it, and I thought ‘Wow, was I wrong.’ So even though I don’t particularly care for you, I do have respect for what you do in the ring.”

“Thanks a lot man, we have our differences, but let’s just let them go for now. We don’t have to be friends, but let’s just chill out with our fighting. No good’s gonna come out of it.”

“Yeah.”

He extended his hand and we shook on it, as sort of a truce.

Later…

I stood behind the curtain along with Joey as we heard the music of the challengers, Nate Hatred and Wifebeater, play. The announcer gave the crowd their main information as they walked to the ring. Then, Joey’s music played and the two of us walked out with our championships to a nice ovation from the fans. We held up our belts as the fans popped and then we walked to the ring together. Once we were inside the squared circle, we handed the belts to the referee who handed them to someone at ringside. I would start off the matchup against Nate Hatred. Nate is a pretty muscular man, around 240 pounds. He has a lot of power. Once Matthews and I were done talking strategies, the match had started.

Hatred and I locked up and he pushed me backwards, right on my back. I got up and sold his power by staring at him for a moment before I walked up again. We grappled once more and he pushed me straight backwards into the ropes, and I came back, ducking a clothesline. I bounced off the other ropes and hit a flying forearm, knocking him to the ground. I hopped up and bounced off the ropes once more and hit a knee drop to his throat. As he sat up, I locked in a rear chinlock, stretching his upper back and neck area as I wrenched back on his head. I heard the fans cheer as I landed a forearm blow across his chest. I lifted up Hatred and dragged him by his hair to my corner. I tagged in Matthews, who went to the top rope. I hit a knife edge chop to Hatred, who was dazed as Matthews hopped off the top rope with a missile dropkick.

As I exited the ring and I stood on the apron, Matthews was in complete control. He slammed him hard into the far turnbuckle and kept him in that corner. Matthews climbed to the second rope and began to unleash a barrage of punches to Nate Hatred’s head. Hatred would struggle, and finally push Matthews backwards to the mat. As Matthews got up, he ran at Hatred, who hit a spinning powerslam! He made the cover, but only got a two as Matthews thrusted his shoulder up. Hatred lifted him and locked him in a headlock, before walking over and tagging in his partner, Wifebeater.

Wifebeater completely overpowered Matthews, plain and simple. He pounded him with punches and elbows and other strikes. Not only that, but Matthews was completely defenseless to his power moves too, as I stood on the outside reaching for a tag. Great selling. I thought as I saw him continue to get pummeled. He finally broke free of Wifebeater’s grasp as he was going for the Chokenstein, as he raked his eyes. Wifebeater regained his vision as he turned around into a nice head scissors by Matthews. Matthews crawled over and slapped my hand as I entered through the ropes.

I started to go to work on the bigger man with forearms to the back. He shrugged them off and I tried to bounce off the ropes to get extra momentum, and as expected, he nailed me with a big boot. By the reaction of the fans, I sold well because I looked unconscious. I laid down for a two count before kicking out. He covered again, selling frustration, and I kicked out again. Wifebeater lifted me up and hit a scoop slam. He bounced off the ropes and hit a splash straight onto my chest! He walked over to Hatred and tagged him in, telling him to “pick up the scraps” to the fans’ dismay.

Hatred trudged over and grabbed me by the hair, lifting me up. He went for a scoop slam, but I slipped out the back and hit a dropkick as he turned around! I went for the cover, but he threw me off after a one count. Hatred got up and I ducked a clothesline and hit a German suplex, drawing a two from the ref. Instead of capitalizing, I waited for him to get up, which proved to be a mistake as I was leveled with a clothesline. Hatred tagged in Wifebeater as I faked unconsciousness.

Wifebeater lifted me up and hit a powerbomb to my limp body, which got a two because Matthews kicked him off. Wifebeater Irish whipped me into the turnbuckle, and tried to ram his body weight into me, which was unsuccessful as I moved out of the way. He was groggy as he turned around and I hit an Exploder suplex out of nowhere! I locked in the Haas of Pain and Nate Hatred ran in, but he was caught with a basement dropkick by Joey Matthews as Wifebeater submitted to the pain and the bell was rung!

Announcer: Your winners, and still the CZW Tag Team Champions, Charlie Haas and Joey Matthews!

The referee raised our arms in victory as we held the belts in the other hands. Our music played as we bought time for the post-match segment.

“Ten seconds,” whispered the referee.

We each climbed to a turnbuckle and held our belts high as we got the cue from the referee to turn around, the ropes shaking. We jumped down and turned around and got PLANTED with clotheslines from the team we would be feuding with next, Jon Dahmer and The Boss himself, Zandig. They took the belts and took turns cracking us with them. Once the assault was over and Joey and I had bladed, Zandig and Dahmer took the belts and laid them over our bodies as they left.

wwnup0.png

CZW Take 1 Results (05/24/01)

by The Man

1. MATCH: Charlie Haas & Joey Matthews def. Wifebeater & Nate Hatred to retain the CZW Tag Team Titles!

• Haas and Matthews were making their first CZW Tag Title defense.

• Haas and Matthews started strong, but Wifebeater really took over the offense.

• It was pretty much all Wifebeater and Hatred during the middle part of the match.

• In the end, Charlie Haas locked in the Haas of Pain on Wifebeater for the win!

• After the match, Zandig and Jon Dahmer disposed of the Tag Champions, busting them open.
2. MATCH: Super Crazy def. Nick Berk
  • Nick Berk showed a lot of promise against the Insane Luchadore.

• Super Crazy underestimated the younger Berk, but that proved to be a mistake, as Berk had a lot of momentum in this match.

• Berk hit a DDT to Crazy that got a 2 ½ count from the referee.

• Super Crazy got the advantage with an enzuigiri and never looked back.

• Crazy won after a Crazysault.
3. MATCH: Yoshihiro Tajiri def. Ruckus to retain the CZW World Title!
  • Tajiri and Ruckus had met before, and this was even better than their first match.

• Ruckus used his high flying to his advantage, while Tajiri was more grounded, but used many strikes.

• Ruckus hit a standing moonsault to Tajiri late in the match, but Tajiri kicked out at two.

• Ruckus hit a 450 splash as well, but another move in vain.

• In the end, Ruckus went for another 450, but came up empty!

• As he rose up, Tajiri blasted him with a Buzzsaw kick to win!

Wednesday, May 24th, 2001 (cont.)

As I was backstage having my wounds treated, in walked a person I did not expect to see at all.

"Charlie...are you alright?"

Jackie Gayda stood in the doorway and a lot of questions flew through my head, but all I could muster was,

"I'm fine, but why are you here?"

"Oh, I know someone who works here, they let me backstage. Wow, that cut looks pretty bad, were you hurt at all out there?"

"Well it doesn't tickle when you get hit in the face with a championship belt, I'll tell you that much."

"I know, well, I guess that was a stupid question, but at least you seem fine now.”

“Yeah, I’ve had worse, I’ll be fine. But why did you come here?”

“I already told you, I know—“

“No, I mean, to this show, why’d you come?”

“Well you told me the other night you were gonna be here, so I figured I’d see how you were. You looked good out there, Charlie. I hope Tough Enough turns me into you in the ring,” she said with a smile.

I felt embarrassed and flattered at the same time. I was embarrassed because I had no idea what to say back. This had happened to me plenty of times before.

“Thanks…I guess,” was all I replied with.

Once the doctor was done fixing me up, Jackie and I drove out to a restaurant in town. Semi-nice place. It had booths and tables surrounding a bar, with a few TVs, and then there was a private upstairs area that had about five tables. Once we got there, we asked for the private area. We sat down and talked for awhile.

“So, how did you ever get into wrestling?” I asked her.

“I always liked it growing up, my dad and brothers were into it, and they made me watch Wrestlemania 6, and that was what really got me into it. I never really thought of it as something to do when I grew up, but when I found out the WWF was gonna have a competition, I decided I just had to train and get involved in it. How about you?”

“It’s similar, actually, except me and my brother, Russ, have been training for years. We were in ECWA, CZW, and finally WWF, but they cut us. Russ is still really devastated and he hasn’t wrestled since. We used to watch all the time as kids, and I still follow WWF and WCW as best I can.”

We went on for awhile about wrestling, being on television, and just life in general, as we ate our food. Later on, we decided to go back to her place. I followed her in my car to her house and we got there around 11 PM. She invited me in and I followed. We sat down at the kitchen table as she prepared some coffee. She put it down in front of me and she sat opposite me. Her house was small, one story, but it was really nice on the inside. In her kitchen was a very small table, barely fit for 2 people and what seemed like new appliances.

“So, what was it like growing up in the south? I was raised in Ohio, never really got to know what Texas or Oklahoma was like.”

“It’s not really much different to be honest.”

We got into a long conversation about growing up and our pasts and everything. Finally, we talked about past girlfriends/boyfriends and that type of thing.

“So, why don’t you have a boyfriend?” I asked.

“Well, I haven’t ever since the last one, who was a complete user, back in February or March. I met him, we went on a few dates, and I thought we had something, but then after the 3rd or 4th one, he just left and never called me. It was the first time a guy had ever done that to me, but he was a jerk anyway. So why don’t you have a girlfriend?”

“I’m not really sure, I was never great with women. I just don’t know how to talk to them. You’re different though, I actually feel comfortable around you, even though we’ve only met twice. It seems like we have a lot in common, what with the wrestling and all.”

“Yeah, I feel the same way,” she said, smiling.

I began to sweat as I got nervous and it was silent for a few moments. This was the part I always got stuck at. What was I supposed to do? Was I supposed to kiss her? Was I supposed to start a new conversation, keep the new one going, or what? I went with my gut feeling, and leaned in and we kissed for about five seconds. I stared in her eyes for a few seconds afterward, and we kissed again. Somehow, we ended up walking down the hallway and she showed me into a room on the left hand side, before closing the door behind her.

• 8 months later...