NCAA Football 2005

Guest StreetzHopin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pull your head out of your ass and realize EA Sports is not the King of Sports games.

They've got Fight Night, MVP and NCAA Football as their only good titles.

Madden is the most overrated game in the world and has stolen most of its "New additions" from ESPN 2004

Crowd cut scenes? Hmm where have I seen that before?

ESPN has TOTAL Virtual ESPN Presentation, including virtual Boomer and Mel Kiper talking about the created draft players.

Guest Finisher123

Ive played espn football 2004, and read the new features.... doesnt sound like anything good to me. I quit playing the game after 1 play last year because the gameplay was so pathetic. It reminded me of a dreamcast game.

Hmmm lets think why....

Could it be cause Sega makes the game?

Hey are you stupid? Yes.

How about you pitch us your reasons why Madden is better.

Hmmm lets think why....

Hey are you stupid?  Yes.

Da hell is your problem? He doesn't like the game because of the gameplay. He obviously didn't like the game when it was on Dreamcast either. I don't think calling him stupid is necessary. Why don't you pull your head out your ass instead and realize people will ALWAYS have differing views. Accept it and move on.

Back to the debate at hand...I've played Madden since the second one came out and this will probably be the first year I don't buy it. I'll rent both and see which one I want to buy, but it's definately leaning towards ESPN.

Guest Finisher123

Hmmm lets think why....

Hey are you stupid?  Yes.

Lets see..

Madden has the best franchise mode in any sports game.

Maddens gameplay is better and far more realistic.

Madden has been the #1 selling sports game for many years in a row.

The only thing espn has on madden is presentation.

So its number one what does that prove?

Its main competition has been Gameday.

GAMEDAY

Yes, the gameplay is sooo much more realistic, like how teams magically come back from 4 TDs in the last quarter of the game. Why that happens weekly in the NFL.

Owner mode is a waste. OMG YOU CAN PICK THE FOOD! Only decent features in it are team movement and training camps.

Madden's graphics suck, face detail is horrible because everyone looks the same, except for the black players, because there aren't any. White and tan, thats all Madden has.

Lets see..

Madden has the best franchise mode in any sports game.

I agree it is the best in any NFL sports game

Maddens gameplay is better and far more realistic.

You fell that Madden is a better gameplay because you are used to Madden controls. If you get used to the controls then you might like ESPN better.

Madden has been the #1 selling sports game for many years in a row.

And 7-up used to be the #1 lime(or whatever) drink, but then it got competition. ESPN is competition.

The only thing espn has on madden is presentation.

Not the only thing...

And to be fair...

Owner mode is a waste. OMG YOU CAN PICK THE FOOD! Only decent features in it are team movement and training camps.

I actualley like owner mode. It makes it feel more like a business, and I like buisness.

Madden's graphics suck, face detail is horrible because everyone looks the same, except for the black players, because there aren't any. White and tan, thats all Madden has.

Madden graphics arent that of ESPN, but ESPN put more effort into making a new game while Madden has just added on to previous year versions... There are blacks, but you have to get used to the light shadeing and such.

Edited by Hugar

Yeah Syco and in every NFL game thread you've said NCAA is better than both of them, and I've been watching you do that from August of last year, so don't preach to me about pimping a game.

I didn't look at ESPN's new features but that last version wasn't all that great. First person mode was fun for about 5 games then I hated it because I couldn't figure out the passing and all that stuff. I just like to see the whole field when I'm playing a video game. Then if you turn that off it looked like a cheaply made game IMO. :/ First person mode is a good feature. I don't remember the franchise mode in ESPN too well but I know I did enjoy Madden's more. I just never had a taste for ESPN games other than Baseball. Basketball was boring and bad gameplay, football was the same after first person mode wore out, etc. I never played NCAA Basketball or Hockey though. MVP was good for a little, March Madness was very enjoyable to me, Madden was good, NCAA was good, I enjoyed NHL for a little while too. But whatever, if you like ESPN then fine, if you like EA then fine. I just happen to have a taste for EA Sports games. ESPN is second to EA but I am more used to that and just like it better I suppose.

Edit: I guess I should say that I like the whole franchise mode of the games rather than the gameplay and that could be one reason I enjoy EA more than NCAA because I feel they are in-depth.

Edited by Slimg