The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Started playing Dead Rising again the other day. More fun than my initial play through was.

I kind of like, and kind of loathe how unforgiving it's save mechanism is. It reminds me of a lot of older games, where you were forced to go from the beginning if you failed, rather than checkpoints - not something I want regularly from a game, but it's a nice change of pace.

Little bit let down by how non-unique a lot of the weapon interactions are (seriously, why when I put a bucket on someone's head, then whack them with a 2x4, does it not at least clang?). Katana and sledgehammer have become my weapons of choice, since the guns are about as useful as cuddling zombies to death.

I love the timed event stuff, it's something that I crave in more games, especially ones with multiple endings. I just wish that the main case files weren't so strict, because it's caused me to try and just hang out in the security room for an hour sometimes, just to make sure I don't accidentally miss activating it.

I'm currently waiting for case 4 to pop up, and...

... I ran into some random cult, who killed me pretty fast, because I wasn't expecting them. Quite pissed, because I'd saved three or four people, forgot to save, and just went out to kill zombies to pass the time and get my PP up, only to run into those buggers.

Good game, some good ideas in it, even if some of them are slightly flawed in the way they're implemented. Look forward to finishing this and seeing if they improve on those problems in DR2.

Me either yet, it's supposed to be fun co-op.

Can pop on in 5 if you wanna give it a whirl?

I don't have it yet, I'll get it off a friend tomorrow so should have it all week if you let me know when you're free we'll play (Y)

Me either yet, it's supposed to be fun co-op.

Can pop on in 5 if you wanna give it a whirl?

I don't have it yet, I'll get it off a friend tomorrow so should have it all week if you let me know when you're free we'll play (Y)

Okay that's cool, I'm free every night this week.