Possible Return Of Battlebots

Yitzy

It's like with Robot Wars, I started marking like crazy when the house robots started getting the shit knocked out of them and even Sir Killalot was having his ass handed to him for awhile by a bot half his size...

Oh, yeah. I think on like the first US Robot Wars that happened, didn't it? Killalot knocked someone, or tried to knock someone, into the pit, but when he did it he leaned forward and one of the contestants immediately pounced on it and positioned himself under Killalot so that he was pretty much stuck there, and then everyone else just started taking shots at him. That was awesome.

EDIT: I figured out who it was I was thinking of earlier on with taking Drummer Boy out; Hazard. My favorite Season 3.0 moment, though, was Dr. Inferno Jr. coming out of nowhere and winning the nut.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

"we acted properly and did nothing except help advance the sport of robot combat for you, the community of robot builders," said Trey Roski, the CEO of BattleBots.

What a quote that is. We advanced the sport of robot combat. Trey Roski, I salute thee!

I have a Biohazard Action Figure

I liked how the guy that made Biohazard had a cat that couldn't walk, so he made it a robot thing to sit in so it could move.

I have a Biohazard Action Figure.

LOL i have Mauler 5150, Atomic Wegie, A giant Backlash (complete with motorized spinning disc 'o' doom!) and Overkill (Complete with motorized swinging blade of doom!).

Edited by Komodo 3000

• 11 years later...

Was Battlebots the one with the different weight classes and some ridiculously oversized bots that looked so ugly? I didn't really care for that one so much.

The UK Robot Wars was incredible fun to watch though. I remember one bot on it that the people behind it claimed that they had a counter to every single bot they faced and I think they ended up indeed beating the might Razer on a technicality because their anti-razer device was some kind of cage which made it impossible for them to be dropped down the pit, so they won because they caused more overall damage.