The girl is gone, but have a new song

YI

Yeah, I'm bumping this. Anyone heard "When Your Heart Stops Beating" (The song...not the whole album, it hasn't leaked as far as I know). It's up on their purevolume and is the first single (I believe)...I must say, it's fucking great. I thought it's nigh-on impossible to write something as catchy as Blink 182 songs, but I thin they've just about managed it. Has a sort of Andrew WK party-rock kind of vibe to it as well.

To be honest, I'm actually pretty excited about this from the 3 songs I've heard.

Edited by Mr. Kurt McKenna

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm bumping this. Anyone heard "When Your Heart Stops Beating" (The song...not the whole album, it hasn't leaked as far as I know). It's up on their purevolume and is the first single (I believe)...I must say, it's fucking great. I thought it's nigh-on impossible to write something as catchy as Blink 182 songs, but I thin they've just about managed it. Has a sort of Andrew WK party-rock kind of vibe to it as well.

To be honest, I'm actually pretty excited about this from the 3 songs I've heard.

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah, I guess my expectations were a little high. :( It's a solid album, but the songs that I'd heard already are probably my favourites on the album. Besides "No It Isn't"...what the fuck is with the drumming? They've ruined it. "Make You Smile" is awesome, although that's purely because it sounds like a Postal Service song, only replace Carol Heller with Jenny Lewis or Jennifer Wood where applicable, and Mark with Ben Gibbard, and you have the most stereotypical Postal Service song. But it's cool.

It's a olid album, no doubt about it. But I guess I was expecting more. :(

I think we knew that since AVA's album dropped.

I'm still not seeing the answer, I love both albums in VERY different ways, Tom's hype was way too much, the album itself is still great. Neither sounds like blink-182, and that's a good thing, because I want to see what they can do seperately. Neither is as good as blink-182, but then most major musical partnerships aren't as good when seperated, but they're both still better than a shitload of music out there.

I think the AVA album is very meh. Nothing up there really stuck out to me aside from The Adventure. I loved that one but the rest seemed like they all sounded the same. Lyrically it was a great album, and yes the hype was way too much, but it all seemed too similar to me. (+44) has more of a Blink sound to me, and thats what I kind of want. Back when blink was still around I loved the songs with Hoppus on lead and the less Delonge was better to me, so I enjoy (+44) much more than AVA.

I really do like Tom Delonge, and I liked blink 182's late 90's stuff more than their early and mid 90's stuff. Hell my 3 favorite blink songs are all on "Enema of the State".

Don't own the AVA album, but The Adventure is pretty good song. Has a futuristic feel to it.

But after listening to +44, I prefer them, sounds more like blink, which is a good thing.