The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Yeah, so I kinda started one of these last year looking for help, and then people posted what they did, what their thoughts were on bets and the like, so I thought I'd do it again.

With the first lot of group matches in the Champions League starting tonight, and some lower league football, I did 2 accumulators.

Galatasaray to beat Bordeaux 5/4

Olympiakos to lose to Valencia 11/8

Roma to beat Shaktar 4/7

Sporting Lisbon to lose to Inter 6/5

Southend to lose to Norwich 5/4

Gillingham to beat Millwall 11/10

Scunthorpe to lose to Port Vale 6/4

Barnet to beat Boston Utd 4/5

Lincold to beat Macclesfield 1/2

£1.50 stake, £883.81 returns

Barcelona to beat Levski Sofia 1/6

Bayern Munich to beat Spartak Moscow 1/3

Chelsea to beat Werder Bremen 2/5

Burnley to beat Barnsley 10/11

Preston to lost to WBA 6/4

QPR to lose to Birmingham 11/10

Wolves to beat Derby 8/11

Brighton to beat Bournemouth 5/6

Nottingham Forest to beat Oldham 2/5

£1.50 stake, £145.15 returns

Naturally, I did it this way to give you an idea of who is home and away.

I wanna win some money tonight, give me something solid to bet on.

Well, I think West Brom (if they are on thier game) at 6/4 to beat Preston is a decent price....stick that with a few more obvious choices (Chelsea, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Nottingham Forest) and that might work.

Leyton Orient are like....4/1 to win tonight as well, so if you fancy your boys, you never know.

A draw is more likely in the Orient game. At the moment I wouldn't chance betting on us, we've been all over the shop. Might have a look at Ladbrookes and see what they have.

Willhill.co.uk, I meant. Orient are 5-1. Might be worth a gamble.

I WANNA WIN SOME MONEY FOR MY BABY.

Edited by Myked

• 1 month later...

I might just put a couple of quid on an accumulator including Barcelona. Don't tend to bet on single matches.

Shame that is, I was tempted to put money on my boys to beat Charlton, but though 10/11 wasn't worth it...at least I would have won something.

I've been drinking, but here is something I saw someone do.

At the start of a season, pick 8 teams from each of the handicap betting leagues (basically, each team is handicapped in the league, so Chelsea start at 0, whilst other teams will have +points given to them....this happens for all the leagues). Each team in the Prem is given 16/1, in any other league 18/1.

If you chose 8 teams from the Premiership, it's almost 1/2 you'll get the team, whilst in the other leagues it'll be 1/3 (8 in 24). 2p accumulators across all of them will set you back somewhere in the realm of £500.....however, you stand to earn £28,000 if it comes in.

Naturally, I don't expect you to do this now....this was just something I wanted to let people know about >_>

At the start of a season, pick 8 teams from each of the handicap betting leagues (basically, each team is handicapped in the league, so Chelsea start at 0, whilst other teams will have +points given to them....this happens for all the leagues). Each team in the Prem is given 16/1, in any other league 18/1.

If you chose 8 teams from the Premiership, it's almost 1/2 you'll get the team, whilst in the other leagues it'll be 1/3 (8 in 24). 2p accumulators across all of them will set you back somewhere in the realm of £500.....however, you stand to earn £28,000 if it comes in.

Naturally, I don't expect you to do this now....this was just something I wanted to let people know about >_>

Accumulator being the same as parlay, correct?

Knowing nothing about soccer/football, I went ahead and took your advice on the barcelona-Chelsea game, though I only got Barcelona at +185, not quite a 2-1 payout. Oddly enough, a bet on Chelsea pays out at +140, something I've never seen before.

I dunno what parlay is, to be honest.

An accumulator is when you chose more than 1 team, and have to have all the teams win. With each team that wins, your money is accumulated onto the next team. If you put £2 on a 2/1 and also chose a 3/1 team, if the 2/1 comes in you then have £4 running onto the 3/1, which if that comes in gets you £12 and your stake back, so £14 all in all. If either team loses, your bet goes down.

And if Barcelona don't win, don't blame me >_>

Last night was bollocks, as I got AC Milan, Lyon, Celtic, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff, and then Leeds and Birmingham let me down, both at home (to Leicester and Norwich, respectively). Could have got me £98 off of £2

It was even more annoying as I was only going to go for a Champions League one, with the 3 mentioned and Real Madrid (who also won), but thought I'd avoid Madrid (as you never know with them) and go for some more "obvious" choices (seriously, Norwich are shit, Birmingham >_>)

Got a fiver on Barcelona tonight, and an accumulator for £2 with some of the other Champions League matches. Hopefully I might have a bit more luck tonight.

Yea, accumulator and parlay are the same.

I used to be a gambling addict, now it's not as bad. I do a lot of bets on college football, both parlays and individual bets. I do a lot on basketball, both pro and college. That's about it though. I've never really enjoyed betting on baseball or hockey.

• 2 weeks later...