What music are you listening to?

Benji

On 07/01/2016 at 22:11, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

The last few days I've been listening to a lot of old Placebo and McLusky. Now my wife's off work on maternity leave she doesn't need the car so doesn't need to drop me off at work any more....So that means that I have the CD player to myself to play loud without upsetting my wife and daughter in the morning!

Placebo's guitar sound is just fantastic.

For whatever reason I've never really listened to McLusky despite them being in the 'I know who you are and what you've influenced' category, probably similarly to how I didn't hear Teenage Fanclub until the 21st century but still knew I'd love them. What should I listen to as a 'must do'?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2016 at 23:42, MDK said:

Lightning Seeds. Most underrated Brit Pop band ever.

This is why you're my favourite. An amazing, amazing pop band who were unfortunately overlooked during Britpop (probably because they were older than your Oasises, Blurs and Pulps, hence not as cool).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Broadie has a knack for writing a brilliant pop song

I'm reading that as, "Hey GA, post some Lightning Seeds songs." OKAY!

And an album track, I love 'Fingers and Thumbs' from their Dizzy Heights album. The build-up from 1:55ish onwards to the drum roll is great stuff. 

Oh and for the record, I FUCKING HATE 'Three Lions'. To try and sum up an amazing pop band with Frank Skinner taking a shit vocally is an insult, although I'm happy Ian Broudie likely earned enough money from it not to worry about chart success ever again.

• Like 1