Cover Songs

Tarheels.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arch-Enemy have always, and probably will always be shite. The whole band is essentially Michael Amott saying "you know all the bits you like in Carcass? Yeah, I wrote them. Here they are again, but slightly worse.", and then "yeah, here's the good bits from Carcass, played badly, and with a ropey bird screeching over it all".

Forgive me for listing the Murderdolls' version of "White Wedding"; I listened to it again and it blows.

A few more covers I've thought of:

Man or Astro-Man has done some good covers of The Space Ghost Coast To Coast theme and the Mystery Science Theater 3000 theme, if tv show theme covers count.

Sebastian Bach & Friends did a good cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla" (although, I doubt anyone could ever do a version that's as good or better than the original).

Fozzy apparently did a cover of "Genie In A Bottle", and its pretty good. Their version of "Balls To The Wall", though, I'm kinda on the fence about.

(The band Speedway also did a cover of "Genie In A Bottle", but their version blows chunks)

Rob Zombie did a damn good cover of "Brickhouse", featuring Lionel Richie. However, it has the female rapper Trina doing a part in it that kinda ruins the song. Would be great with her part edited out.

Btw, any good covers of Rob OR White Zombie songs out there?

Sebastian Bach & Friends did a good cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla" (although, I doubt anyone could ever do a version that's as good or better than the original).

:wub:

I love that version, and that album as a whole. I love how Sebastian Bach seems to forget all emotion and subtlety in "I Remember You" and just squeals his way through the whole bastard thing.

Apparently Seb's done a cover of "Eternal Life" by Jeff Buckley, which I'd love to hear.

Arch-Enemy have always, and probably will always be shite. The whole band is essentially Michael Amott saying "you know all the bits you like in Carcass? Yeah, I wrote them. Here they are again, but slightly worse.", and then "yeah, here's the good bits from Carcass, played badly, and with a ropey bird screeching over it all".

Speaking of Carcass, they were fucking awesome when they were known as Disattacks. I a six song ep by them that is fucking fantastic. It's good heavy shit, sort of in the vein of the Electro Hippies. An almost metal and punk fusion of sorts.

Still Remains - Head Like a Hole

Trivium - Master of Puppets

Fightstar - Leper Messiah

Bullet for my Valentibe - Crazy Train

And for sheer comedy value, Atreyu - You Give Love a Bad Name

I know that all those were on Kerrang CDs, but they're still fucking good covers.

Oh man, how could I forget that?

One of the highlights of Salival. Really great. I remember it stopping me mid-convo first time I really heard it.

EDIT: 'No Quarter' by Tool, I mean, obvs.

Edited by The Second Stage Turbine Blade

I think my favor cover songs are: Hurt by Johnny Cash and While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Blackhole Sun both done by Peter Frampton.

My earlier statement of St anger by Pitchshifter being the greatest cover ever must be corrected with Hurt.

It is such a beatiful song.