Modest Mouse.

Guest Angry Baboon

Guest Angry Baboon

Anyone ever heard of them? When I first heard them, They just sounded like a band that exploited everything that was bad about Frank Black/Charles Thompson/Black Francis/Whatever the hell he calls himself now (Prolonged screams, Unimaginative rockabilly numbers etc etc). But, after listening them a bit more, I've realised how fucking brilliant they are.

They've got the energy and quality of the Pixies (Doin' the Cockroach is a good example). If you haven't heard of them, I seriously urge you to check them out. "Lonesome Crowded West" is probably the best album to start with, but for pure genius get "The moon and Antartica".

I thoroughly enjoy Modest Mouse...

I was surprised when I saw their Video...they've been around for a long ass time I'm surprised it took them this long to " make it" with the MTV crowd....

If you haven't heard them, don't start out on their new album it"S NOT AS good as their others...but they are one of my favorite bands

I highly reccomend them to anYONE...

Also...check out Dismemberment Plan< THEY ARE broken up but they are my favorite band in the universe...

umm, okee doke...

bye,

jason

Guest Locutus of Borg

I just heard them for the first time tonight on MTV (yes, they were actually playing videos and it was something other than pop or rap!). "Float On" is awesome. Heard "Dramamine" and "Paper Thin Walls", too. Very good band. I plan on checking them out a little more and then picking up on of their albums if I like the rest of what I hear.

Guest Angry Baboon

He's back to Frank Black.

Yah, but the Pixies are back together now. And Kim just calls him "Charles" at the concerts so...Stupid Thompson, He's worse than Puff Daddy, He might be in the best band ever but if he changes his name again i'm going to cock slap him in the neck.

Yah, but the Pixies are back together now. And Kim just calls him "Charles" at the concerts so...Stupid Thompson, He's worse than Puff Daddy, He might be in the best band ever but if he changes his name again i'm going to cock slap him in the neck.

I dare you to change your legal name to Black McFap Thompson. That's rock star in a bucket, right there. ;)

And I know what you mean. Hopefully he'll just settle on one name for this tour, at least.

Modest Mouse are porbably one of the godfathers of the original "emo" movement along with the likes of Sunny Day Real Estate, Jets To Brazil, etc. Great band, one of the only bands who's earlier stuff is just as good as their latest stuff.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

I hadn't heard of them until a few days ago, and only know one other person who has, so I can't comment on their "legions of fans", but I like 'em. I think what I heard was some quite old stuff, but it's all good.

I didn't really care for them at all but my gf is a huge fan of theres and made me listen to there first cd and I still don't think all that much about them. But they do have talent and thats at least more than I can say about alot of bands out these days.

I actually reccomended them to Lodi when he was asking for a Pixie-esque band. I love them, probably in my top 5 favorite bands currently. The new album is topnotch, "Bukowski" and "Blame it on the Tetons" are probably my favorite songs on it as of now. Good stuff, and only $10 at Tower. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MuRd0K

They are pretty good. I heard from them a while ago, because a friend of mine loved them ever since they produced their first single.

They are not as great as he makes them to be, but Summer is quite a good song.