Michelle Branch gets married

Billy Castillo

From yahoo news

orget the tortured love anthems, we're guessing Michelle Branch (news) is happy now.

• E! Online's Michelle Branch fact sheet

• E! Online's The Spirit Room review

• E! Online's Hotel Paper review

E! Online Photo

Missed Tech Tuesday?

Choose the best handheld gadgets and give your tired thumbs a break. Plus, a few functional fashion tips.

The singer-songwriter, who turns 21 on Friday, recently tied the knot with her bass player, Teddy Landau, her rep confirmed.

No other details about the musical match were released.

Landau, reportedly 19 years her senior, has been touring with Branch since 2003.

That makes him old enough to appreciate Branch's first label boss, Madonna (news - web sites), who signed Branch to Maverick in 2000. A year later, the young rocker released her debut album The Spirit Room, which included the hit single "Everywhere."

Her duet with Santana on "Game of Love" (off Santana's Shaman album) earned them the 2003 Pop Collaboration Grammy and set her apart from look-alike artist Vanessa Carlton (news) and Branch's more pop-oriented peers.

In 2003, she released her sophomore effort, Hotel Paper, a critical flop that nevertheless went platinum.

Details about Branch's current schedule are sketchy, but according to her official Website, she is planning a handful of tour dates in the U.S., Japan and Guam this summer.

The Arizona native, who played a small role in 2002's The Hot Chick, has also taken on a sideline gig as guest designer for Flirt! Nail polish and lip color. The line, named after songs on Hotel Paper, debuts in October.

She married a 40 year old?!

She married a 40 year old?!

Better yet, she's coming to Guam? Score one for every other country.

It looks like we almost have another Celine-Rene on our hands.

HA! At least Britney was drunk and married someone AS OLD AS HER! And she's engaged to someone of similar age. Screw you Michelle Branch!!!

I needed this. Honestly.

:shifty:

Any respect I had for her is now gone.

She's not even all that "talented" she writes generic love songs and strums a guitar.  She can't sing worth shit.

Why just because she wants to marry someone she loves?

And she obviously can sing or otherwise she wouldn't be a singer that can sell a bucket load of CDs. Also why must people be so negative about things. Someone decides to get married and you without knowing the person and her feelings for the guy bash her. Why?

eh, its kinda creepy that shes marrying a 40 year old but whatever, its her life, she can do whatever the hell she wants to.

And she obviously can sing or otherwise she wouldn't be a singer that can sell a bucket load of CDs. Also why must people be so negative about things. Someone decides to get married and you without knowing the person and her feelings for the guy bash her. Why?

Rule number one about celebrity marriages. It's done for publicity, not love.

And she can't sing that well, I've heard tons of people sing loads better than her. She just has the whole female singer-songwriter gimmick going for her.

You know what Sam? You are right. I support Britney in her endevours, so I wish Michelle and her "Sugah Dadd-ay~!" all the best, and I hope you all do too.

Even if it is disturbing <_<

Rule number one about celebrity marriages. It's done for publicity, not love.

You're an idiot. Some people DO love each other you know? Some do it for publicity, but many people in life marry just for money or citizenship or whatever. Others however DO love the person they marry, and that includes celebrities.

And she can't sing that well, I've heard tons of people sing loads better than her. She just has the whole female singer-songwriter gimmick going for her.

Well, her records don't sell because of sex appeal, and she doesn't shock people... so I take it she's doing pretty well. You may not like her, but obviously something is working for her.

You're an idiot. Some people DO love each other you know? Some do it for publicity, but many people in life marry just for money or citizenship or whatever. Others however DO love the person they marry, and that includes celebrities.

Sorry, I've gotta cough.

*cough*Britney Spears*cough*

Sorry. Anyways, most celebs marry for publicity but as BSIG said, some do out of love. For every J'Lo marriage for publicity, there is the true love romance that stays for ages. I guess Celine-Rene could be a decent example of this.

Oh, go bite me. Nobody's perfect :P

Sorry, just had to mention it.

Which reminds me, we must encourage more celebrity drinking. "Why?", you ask.

Because me (or [insert your screen name here]) + 3 bottles of wine + Scarlett Johansson = one happy night.

Then I (or you) have to deal with del Toro, Ledger, and possible STDs the next morning but hey it would be a night I (or you) would never forget.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt