Iron Man The Movie

MalaCloudy Black

• 3 months later...

And now Terrence Howard has been cast as James "Rhodey" Rhodes. This movie is getting some awesome casting thus far. Hopefully they use Pepper Potts and cast some really hot redhead. [/showing my age and my level of geekdom TRS style]

And I was wrong, but still a great choice of actresses. This film has an awesome pedigree thus far.

Press Release

Marvel Studios announced today that it has signed on Academy Award® Winner Gwyneth Paltrow to join the cast of the highly-anticipated summer 2008 event film IRON MAN. Paltrow will take on the role of Virginia "Pepper" Potts, personal secretary and confidant to Tony Stark aka Iron Man. The film is slated to hit theaters May 2, 2008.

Paltrow joins a star-studded cast for Marvel Entertainment's first self-financed and produced feature film, which also includes Oscar® nominees Robert Downey Jr. in the title role and Terrence Howard as Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes, Stark's best friend. Jon Favreau is set to direct. This latest move reinforces the continued allure of Marvel's films among Hollywood's most celebrated talent.

Paltrow will portray billionaire industrialist and genius inventor Tony Stark's indispensable personal assistant, Virginia "Pepper" Potts. Pepper is an invaluable resource to Stark Industries, and one of the few people in Tony's life who can go toe-to-toe with him, occasionally acting as his conscience and working to keep his priorities straight as he secretly defends the world as the armored hero known as Iron Man. Below the surface, Tony and Pepper share a deep attraction for one another although neither is willing to admit it.

"Gwyneth is the embodiment of a leading lady. She brings intelligence, poise and an incredible range of talent to this role," said Kevin Feige, President of Production, Marvel Studios. "We could not be more excited about the great chemistry this illustrious cast

will bring to IRON MAN."

Paltrow made her film debut in 1991 with Shout, and delivered a breakout performance as Jane Austen's heroine in Emma (1996), which garnered her significant praise and attention as a leading lady. Her role in the critically acclaimed film Shakespeare in Love (1998) catapulted her to stardom and earned her a Golden Globe®, Screen Actors Guild award and Oscar® for Best Actress.

More recently, she starred in the film adaptation of the highly praised stage play Proof (2005), which reunited her with Shakespeare in Love director John Madden and earned her a Golden Globe® nomination for Best Actress. Other film credits include Se7en (1995), Sliding Doors (1998), A Perfect Murder (1998), The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), Sylvia (2003) and Running with Scissors (2006). She will next be seen in The Good Night with Penelope Cruz, which was directed by her brother Jake Paltrow.

Filming on IRON MAN is scheduled to begin in Los Angeles in March 2007. The film will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

IRON MAN will be produced by Avi Arad and Kevin Feige. Executive Producers are Ari Arad, Peter Billingsley, Louis D'Esposito, Jon Favreau and Michael Helfant. Paltrow is represented by CAA and Brillstein Grey.

I can't wait.

I'm looking forward to this. I'm not very well read when it comes to Iron Man, but the odd occasions I have heard of him have been cool.

On the subject of Marvel films, does anyone know if the Deadpool film is still going to be made, I thought I read somewhere that it was being cancelled, which would suck.

Sounds damn cool. Downey will play an insane Iron Man because (at least, while I've been reading, which admittedly hasn't been long) Stark has really been quite the righteous asshole. I can see Downey pulling that off very well.

... somehow I doubt they're going to be using his Civil War characterization, really.

Sounds damn cool. Downey will play an insane Iron Man because (at least, while I've been reading, which admittedly hasn't been long) Stark has really been quite the righteous asshole. I can see Downey pulling that off very well.

... somehow I doubt they're going to be using his Civil War characterization, really.

• 3 weeks later...

JEFF BRIDGES JOINS IRON MAN CAST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the Iron Man cast is apparently rounded out.

According to The Hollywood Reporter Jeff (The Big Lebowski) Bridges has joined the cast of Iron Man. According to the trade, Bridges will play: “a confidant and close business associate of Stark, a longtime employee at defense contractor Stark Industries who plays a major role in shaping Stark's life.” A character was not named, it’s not a tough stretch to see bridges as Harold “Happy” Hogan.

Marvel President of Production Kevin Feige on the casting: "We've been talking to Jeff for a long time. He's excited about doing a movie like this, and we're excited to have him in this particular role. There are many facets to this character which I can't discuss, but looking at the spectrum of all of Jeff's roles, this fits in nicely with the man who played 'Starman,' 'Tucker,' 'Big Lebowski' with a little bit 'Tron' thrown in.

"This rounds out our ensemble, and I think it's one of the strongest casts ever assembled for one of our films."

The film will be directed by Jon Favreau, produced by Marvel, and distributed by Paramount.

Jeff Bridges has joined the cast of "Iron Man," the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment. Jon Favreau is directing the movie, which Paramount Pictures will distribute.

Bridges joins previously announced Iron Man cast members Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Filming on Iron Man is scheduled to begin in March in Los Angeles with a planned release date of May 2, 2008

Courtesy of Newsarama and THR.

And this is some killer casting. The awesome cast reminds me a lot of The Hulk movie. Hopefully this is better than The Hulk turned out to be though.