The Black Parade

Tarheels.

Where are you getting its been out for a week from? It came out in the US yesterday. Did it come out early overseas or something?

It leaked early. I got my copy from work last week.

But I guess it's fine to go throwing around the 'album of the year' title after one week of listening right?

Why not? I like what I like. Listening to the Black Parade makes me feel tingly where I piss, so why can't I call it album of the year? Seriously, this is why I usually stay out of music discussions on any internet forum, because 90% of people have huge fucking sticks up their ass. Seriously, it's like tree trunks in everyone's rectum when it comes to music and it just makes me laugh because it's almost as sad as watching people debate whether a wrestling match was ***** or ****3/4. I'll be the first to admit, I have strange tastes, but this album, Sufferer and the Witness and Black Holes and Revelations are my favorite albums this year. Rise Against's album came out at a big turning point in my life and a lot of the lyrics in those songs connected with me, that's why I like it. When I say "Album of the Year," I mean my favorite album of the year; I'm sorry, but I don't really give a shit what anyone else likes. I don't expect anyone to accept my opinion because I look at music differently; like whoever said Mastodon had the album of the year, that would make me laugh because maybe eight people are going to actually listen to it. I'm not going to shit on his opinion though, if he likes it, awesome. Now with that said, it's not just about appeal to a wide audience or anything, I can appreciate good music even if no one ever hears it, but that just leaves to broad of a spectrum to cover. None of us will ever hear the greatest band ever because they'll be playing in garages and bars for their entire "career."

Whilst I agree on what you say, you do realise that Mastodon (for an underground band) are pretty big (well, big enough to get pretty high in the Billboard charts....which I guess still means something >_>), or was that just hyperbole?

Penickity, I know :P

EDIT: And just to add, I've always never got why people seem to spend so much time hating on other bands, or bands who get places that their favourite band should be at, and on and on. Seriously, good luck to whoever pursues a musical career in my eyes, they all have to work at it and generally don't just get handed stuff on a plate. Sure, I may not like it, but I like what I like, and other people like other stuff. Music is versatile, and its a waste of time I could spend on bands I like hating on bands that aren't my cup of tea.

Edited by Liam Byrne

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was exaggerating... I know Mastodon has a decent following, but they also curtain-jerk for Rob Zombie when he does club tours.

Agreed on people who hate on other bands. It's irritating and childish. I'm sorry, I don't have time to hate on Good Charlotte, I'm too busy listening to a band I actually like. Oh and of course, when good bands make it big, then they suck.

I was exaggerating... I know Mastodon has a decent following, but they also curtain-jerk for Rob Zombie when he does club tours.

Agreed on people who hate on other bands. It's irritating and childish. I'm sorry, I don't have time to hate on Good Charlotte, I'm too busy listening to a band I actually like. Oh and of course, when good bands make it big, then they suck.

Any band in the world should be thankful to curtain-jerk for Zombie.

Agreed, but it's not like they're in any shape to headline anywhere but the Tick-Tock. But that's my business talking. They're not a horrible band, I know they have their audience, but it's still a niche.

Got the album yesterday, and I like it.

However, if you didn't like Three Cheers, you're likely not going to like this album.

As someone who did like Three Cheers, I can say this album is head and shoulders above that one, and you can tell Rob Cavallo brought his experiences from working on American Idiot with him to this record and helped the guys blend genres really well.

For the people who've only heard the single...I can tell you right now that Welcome to the Black Parade is my least favorite song on the album.

It's definately not as catchy as Three Cheers was... but the lasting effect will be better. I can't listen to Three Cheers very often, or I get bored of it. This one, I can see becoming a fixture on my favorite albums list.

MCR's first disc was a lot different than their sophomore effort, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. The change wasn't as drastic as it's been between Three cheers and the Black Parade though.

You're right...they sound like a completely different band... and I think I like this better.

The album, 7 tracks in, is.. a decent effort. Now & again I find myself thinking "Fuck, it's a fucking chore to keep on listening to this." Then it'll hit a catchy part & it'll be alright for a few moments.

However.. album of the year candidate it is not.