League Of Rock: Winner

Jook

Metallica? I hope that was a joke that I'm not getting. Metallica winning would have been a farce since they haven't been good in at least a decade.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Guest AgonyToMe

Pearl Jam = Sellouts

RHCP = Better than Pearl Jam

Nirvana = People who should have won.

That covers everything anyone needed to know about rock, oh and:

Led Zeppelin = Sellouts

Pearl Jam = Sellouts

Led Zeppelin = Sellouts

Hahahahahahahahaha... oh wait, you were serious.

Anyone could have been Nirvana. Hell, Nirvana was the Sex Pistols over again. Nirvana stopped being musicians and started being entertainers after Bleach. As well, Nirvana are worse than sell-outs (a term you used twice, when it shouldn't have); they honestly became everything they loathed about the music business.

Pearl Jam are NOT sell-outs. Red Hot Chilli Peppers would be the sell-outs, whoring themselves left and right.

I'd like to hear your definition, exactely, on what a sell-out is. Because for some reason, I don't think you quite understand. Any rock band with credibility that makes it big must be a sell-out, right? :rolleyes:

At least Muse didn't win, they suck.

Quoted for emphasis.

Metallica? I hope that was a joke that I'm not getting. Metallica winning would have been a farce since they haven't been good in at least a decade

Agreed. Shells < Metallica.

Guest Wrestling_Man

Can't believe I missed that tournament. Was Iron Maiden in it? Because in my opinion, if it was in it, it would've won the whole thing.

Guest Locutus of Borg

Pearl Jam = Sellouts

Led Zeppelin = Sellouts

How in the hell do you call Led Zeppelin and Pearl Jam sell-outs?

Kings of Rock? RHCP? It's too hard to define 'rock' these days, sure, back in the day, the Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, & The Who were rock, but nowadays, it's just a big fucking messy puddle of shit, i mean, Metallica are old school Metal, nuff said, they aren't called Rocktica, they're metal. RHCP have a lot more funk and mellow side to them than rock, whereas the main people claiming to be 'rock' these days are the likes of The Strokes & The White Shites who are sadly indie but refuse to admit that fact. True rock is dead sadly.

Guest bruins72

I thought they peaked at Ride the Lightning and quickly fell downwards.

You've got to give them credit for Master of Puppets. That was an amazing album. And Justice For All was a good album but that's where they started to become more commercial. The "black" album was good but at that point they were completely a commercial radio/Mtv friendly band. Everything after that sucked huge monkey balls.

Kings of Rock? RHCP? It's too hard to define 'rock' these days, sure, back in the day, the Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, & The Who were rock, but nowadays, it's just a big fucking messy puddle of shit, i mean, Metallica are old school Metal, nuff said, they aren't called Rocktica, they're metal. RHCP have a lot more funk and mellow side to them than rock, whereas the main people claiming to be 'rock' these days are the likes of The Strokes & The White Shites who are sadly indie but refuse to admit that fact. True rock is dead sadly.

Agree with almost everything you said. Even the White Stripes comment. Although, I think it was me who nominated RHCP, and Metallica, myself. I nominated the best bands in my opinion, and like you say, it's difficult to define true rock. But I wouldn't say it was dead. And for the record, just started listening to Fade to Black, and it 0wns.