ECW

Whoo

ECW Hardcore Hotline Report

The Sandman suffered a severe back injury at Better Than Ever as a result of a suplex he took on the concerte by Shane Douglas. He's expected to miss a couple months of work and shouldn't be seen at live events or TV tapings for a while.

Spike Dudley also suffered a concussion and a neck injury from the spear he took through a table in his match with Rhino. He isn't expected to miss as much time as the Sandman, but will be out for a while nonetheless.

ECW Hardcore Hotline continues to set the bar in wrestling hotlines as it is the first to announce two matches for ECW Hostile City Showdown at the ECW Arena on January 28th, 1998!

ECW has called upon the services of "The Insane Luchador" Super Crazy to answer Rob Van Dam's challenge for some competition in ECW. At Hostile City Showdown we'll see:

Super Crazy vs Rob Van Dam

And after their great match for the Television title on the last Hardcore TV of 1997, Taz and Yoshihiro Tajiri have agreed to meet at Hostile City Showdown for the ECW Television title.

And finally, Steve Corino has announced an open challenge to anyone in ECW for an "Old School Rules" match.

ECW Hostile City Showdown

ECW Television Title

Taz vs Yoshihiro Tajiri

Super Crazy vs Rob Van Dam

"Old School Rules"

Steve Corino Open Challenge to ANYONE IN ECW.

I know I said I'd put up a show every two days or so, but Hardcore TV probably won't be up until sometime tomorrow morning.

(Also, if there is a mod reading this, could you please change the title of this thread from ECW 1998: "A Little Different, I Suppose", to ECW 1998: Hardcore TV. Thanks.)

edit: going to be late once again. I'm having some trouble with my computer. When I get the chance I'm going to write up the results for a few shows at a time. I GUARANTEE that Hardcore TV will be up on Monday and then I'll put another one up on Tuesday. Thanks for your patience [if there is actually anyone reading this diary. (Y) ])

Edited by Whoo

The Hardcore TV video package plays featuring ECW's top stars.

post-50-1163965501.jpg

1-6-1998

Guido is walking out to the ring with his manager Tracy Smothers. Christopher Daniels is already in the ring.

Guido w/ Tracy Smothers vs Christopher Daniels

A great opening match that got the crowd warmed up very well. Guido had tons of heat, and Christopher Daniels was able to feed off of the crowd dislike for Guido. Christopher Daniels got a fair share of offense in with a very unique style. Guido taunted the crowd throughout the match, and Daniels made him pay for it a few times, catching him off guard. Daniels attempted a beautiful moonsault from the top rope, but Guido put his knees up. Guido then locked in the Sicilian Crab, causing Daniels to tap out.

Winner: Gudio via submission

Guido and Smothers celebrate with a cigar in the ring.

We are then cut to the locker room. Shane Douglas is with Terry Gordy and Francine.

Shane Douglas: We're only a week into the new year. 1998. Everywhere I turn I hear the buzz. 98 will be the Era of Extreme. ECW is turning the corner. It's a cutting edge wrestling program! No! Wrestling?! Why, you can't see cutting edge in New York or Atlanta! What makes Philly so damn special? Well, I'll tell you exactly what makes Philadelphia, Pennsylvania so fuckin' special. "The Franhise" Shane Douglas. 2-time ECW Television Champion! The 4-time ECW World Heavyweight Champion. The wrestling world can't get enough of the Franchise. Francine can't get enough of the Franchise. And apparently neither can Tommy Dreamer. Now any normal man would have stayed far away from The Franchise and Terry Gordy after the beating recieved at Better Than Ever. But you see, Tommy Dreamer is no ordinary man. Apparently, paint chips are a delicacy in Yonkers, New York. Or perhaps the Pittsburgh Plunge knocked that little bit of grey matter in your big head loose. So now, you've decided you want to take a chance with your own life and go up against the most dangerous alliance the wrestling industry has ever seen. Well, Tommy Dreamer, if you want my ECW Title so god damn bad, you won't see a problem with showing me exactly what you're made of at the Hostile City Showdown. No, no, no, don't get your hopes up. Rememer when I said that if anyone wanted a shot at the Franchise and his gold they would have to go through Terry Gordy first? Well, you're no exception, Dreamer. If you want a shot at me, you have to go through him first. So on January 28th, you'll be facing Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy. If, and this is a HUGE "if", you beat him, you'll be next in line for a shot at the ECW World Heavyweight Title. But, there is still a little question that must be answered. Who will the Franchise face at Hostile City Showdown? Well, let's see ..

Mikey Whipwreck and Stacy walk into the locker room. Stacy is dragging Mikey who seems to be very hesitant. Gordy stands in front of Douglas. Douglas moves Gordy out of the way ..

Douglas: Now what exactly would posess you to come in here?

Stacy: Well, umm.. we heard that you don't have a match for Hostile City Showdown and uhh ... well ... Mikey is a former Champion .. so maybe you could give him a shot?

Douglas: I'll tell you what. I'm in such a good mood that I'll give this punk a chance to EARN his title shot. And not only that, but he won't even have to face Terry Gordy. No, I'll let Gordy save himself to tear apart Tommy Dreamer. As long as your man wins his match tonight, he can face me at Hostile City Showdown for the title. But if he loses, I don't ever want to see him in my face again. And then you can leave him and see what the World Champion is made of.

Stacy gives Mikey a big hug and thanks Shane Douglas who makes them leave ..

Commercial

We come back and Mikey Whipwreck is being practically dragged out to the ring by Stacy.

Joey Styles: Is Mikey Whipwreck worried about Donovan Morgan, or does he just not want to wrestle Shane Douglas?

Mikey Whipwreck vs Donovan Morgan

Early in the match, Mikey is avoiding Morgan. Crowd starts chants of "Mikey, Mikey" throughout the match. Not too bad of a match once it really got going. Morgan was pretty impressive and has a nice mat wrestling style. Mikey Whipwreck showed off some quickness and aerial moves. The action spilled to the outside and Morgan grabbed a hold of Stacy who was attempting to interfere. Mikey hit him with a chair and threw him back into the ring. The finish came a few minutes after that when Whipwreck hit a FrankenMikey and got the pin! Stacy climbed into the ring and celebrated with Mikey, who didn't seem very pleased.

Joey Styles: Mikey Whipwreck is gonna face Shane Douglas for the ECW Heavyweight Title! Oh my God?

Winner: Mikey Whipwreck via pinfall.

We're shown a video shilling ECW T-shirts and ECW Home Video products.

Back in the ring the Dudley Boys have microphones..

D-Von: Now I need all of you to keep your mouths shut for a few minutes, because me and my brother Buh Buh have something we need to get off of our chests.

Crowd: IN-BREED-ING! IN-BREED-ING!

Buh Buh: Yeah, it's not just for Alabama anymore. Incest knows no boundaries, and all of you Philly assholes are living proof.

D-Von: If we wanted to come out here and beat all you faggots up and fuck your mama's, we would be doing just that. But we've come out here for something much more important. You see, at Better Than Ever, we were caught off guard by the Pitbuls, and ever since then, we haven't heard anything from them. They run in, have they're little fifteen minutes of fame, and take off like the punk bitch motherfuckers that they are. Well, just like everything else in the world, fifteen minutes of fame comes with a price. A very steep price in your case, Pitbulls. Now, you can come out here right now and we'll get it all over with. Or we can search far and wide and find you on our own.

The Pitbulls music hits and they walk down to ringside. They stand outside and grab microphones..

Pitbull 1: Well, you know what? We'd actually love to sit here and chat, but all we've got to say is, meet us in the ring, January 28th, Hostile City Showdown. We'll bring the dog-collars. All you have to do is show up and get your asses kicked.

Pitbull 2: And just so you know we're serious, here's a little preview.

The Pitbulls jump into the ring and start brawling with the Dudley Boys. The Pitbull have the upper hand and Pitbull 1 takes Buh Buh down with a spinebuster. They both start to work on D-Von Dudley. Pitbull 2 is sitting on the top turnbuckle, eggig the crowd on to cheer. Pitbull 1 lifts D-Von into the air and puts him on Pitbull 2's shoulders! SUPERPOWERBOMB! The Dudley Boys are both out! The Pitbulls climb out of the ring, leaving the ECW Arena through the crowd.

Commercial

Blue Blue Blue Blue .. Blue World Order. The Blue Meanie and The Blue Nova come out from behind the curtain. They stop halfway down the aisle and point back toward the curtain, out steps Stevie Richards! He walks out holding up the "nWo" hand sign. The three members of the BWO walk down to the ring.

Meanie: SAY HELLO ... TO DA BLUE GUY! *Meanie pokes himself in the lip with his toothpick, but then throws it at the camera*

Hollywood Nova: Oooooh, careful brother. Now, I've got only one question for ECW brother. Whatcha gonna do, brother, when the Blue World Order brother, runs wild, on yooooooouuuuu, brother.

Big Stevie Cool: We've got only three words for ya .. brother. WE'RE TAKING OVER.

Joey Styles: Oh God, I haven't heard that one before.

As soon as Stevie drops the mic Rhino's music hits and he walks slowly out from the back with Bruce Prichard. The BWO tell him to bring it on, but as he gets closer Stevie fakes a leg injury. The Blue Guy and Nova are left to take on Rhino alone. As he slides into the ring they stomp him down.

Rhino vs "The Blue Guy" Blue Meanie & Hollywood Nova

Rhino pretty much destroys both wrestlers in this handicap match. When Meanie was down, Rhino was taking down Nova. While Nova was down, Rhino was taking down Meanie. Stevie totally "no sold" his fake leg injury the whole match, trying to get his partners hyped up. At the end of the "match" Rhino had Hollywood Nova in a bearhug. Nova started to do the Hogan act, wagging his finger and punching Rhino. But Rhino just tossed him into the turnbuckles. Rhino ran at Nova and hit The Gore! He got up just as Meanie was getting up and Meanie got The Gore, too! Rhino pins The Blue Guy to win the match.

Winner: Rhino via pinfall.

As everyone is leaving the ring and going backstage, Steve Corino is walking down to the ring with a microphone. He walks down the aisle talking..

Steve Corino: When I came to ECW I had the notion that I would be WRESTLING. Now this may be Philadelphia and it may also be nothing but a run down bingo hall. But last time I checked there was still a square ring with four ropes in the center of this piece of crap. This isn't a bar or some back alley. I won't stand for this disgrace to the sport that I love. As long as I am WRESTLING in ECW, I will not let this "Extreme" garbage taint the name of the business I love. I'm not going anywhere, but hardcore "wrestling" is. Right down the toilet! Just like the drugs all of you flushed when your houses got raided. The so called wrestlers back in the locker room are no better than the pieces of crap I see in front of me right now. They couldn't cut it in the real world of wrestling. So like the band of misfits they are, they join together and beat each other, soiling this great ring.

Corino is getting nothing buts boo's and a little bit of garbage thrown at him.

Steve Corino: Where have the days gone of the Four Horsemen?! The Fabulous Freebirds? Verne Gagne, The Von Erichs, The Andersons, The Windhams?! No. Here in Philadelphia we get drunken, smoking wifebeaters, the mentally retarded, losers and gangsters! Well god damnit, come..

New Jack's music hits!

Joey Styles: Ohhhh no! It's New Jack! You're definitely not getting a wrestling match, Corino!

New Jack comes down to the ring with a steel chair! The crowd is on fire! Corino is standing in the ring ready for a fight! New Jack slides into the ring and Corino slides out with a mic. He's walking to the back and New Jack wants him back in the ring!

Corino: No, no, no, no. I don't think so "G". Didn't you hear me "brotha"? Or don't you understand normal english? Let me put this in words you might understand better. I ain't down wit all dat hardcore stuff, "dog". I'ma 'bout wreslin in dat ring, son. So, I'ma jus bounce out. But I'll catch you on da flip side "homie".

Corino throws the mic back into the ring and walks back through the curtain with his arms raised in the air. Static cuts in and Hardcore TV is over!?

The ECW Hardcore TV video package comes onto the screen.

post-50-1163965501.jpg

1-13-98

Steve Corino is walking down to the ring with and ECW T-Shirt. He's wearing normal street clothes. He grabs a chair from ringside and sets it up in the ring. He sits down and starts to talk..

Steve Corino: Every week. Every Saturday night, I come out of those curtains into the ECW Arena and step into this ring. I bring my war on hardcore to your front door and what do I get for it? I get boo's, I get hatemail, I get shit thrown at me from every direction. None of you marks seem to know exactly what you're doing every time you do things like this. You're pissing on the legacy of the greats that have built this business into what it is today. And no matter how much garbage we see in ECW, we would've never had an ECW to begin with! You should all be thankful! You should all be cheering me every time you hear my music. I'm saving the very fabric of all that is good in wrestling. ECW is doing nothing but destroying what I call professional wrestling. And it's been going on for far too long. Soon enough, you will see more and more people join me in my fight against extreme. And one by one, we will take down everyone who stands for this disgrace to wrestling, and anyone who dares to defend ECW. This is no small scale rivalry. And it all starts with you, New Jack.

Joey Styles: If I were Corino, I'd be shutting my mouth right about .. NOW.

Steve Corino: New Jack, you stand for everything I vow to fight. You sum up hardcore wrestling. You are the stereotypical ECW "wrestler", and I use that word very, very lightly. Last week, I planned to end Hardcore TV addressing the ECW Arena, and everyone watching this show. But instead I got you coming out to the ring, in true ECW fashion with a steel chair in hand, READY TO SMASH MY HEAD IN. I'm not going to let that happen, though. I won't ever stoop down to your level. If you really think you can take me out of ECW, then I want you to try it under my conditions. You can meet me at Hostile City Showdown. And don't bother bringing any steel chairs, tables, baseball bats, barbed wire, guns, knives, forks, ladles, spoons and all that other shit. When I have a match, it's under my rules. It's Old School Rules. And what better way to start the new year off than at the ECW Arena, taking out New Jack, and continuing in the war against hardcore and Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Corino gets up and holds up his ECW t-shirt. He rips it in half and throws it to the ground. He stomps on it and spits on it. The crowd begin to throw trash into the ring. New Jack's music hit and Corino turns toward the entrance area. New Jack still hasn't come out and Corino goes toward the crowd. They're all threatening Corino and he looks out into the crowd further and sees New Jack! Corino runs back toward the backstage as New Jack makes his way through the crowd. New Jack jumps the barrier and then walks back to the locker room, apparently in search of Corino.

Commercial

ECW Tag Team Titles Match!

The Pitbulls vs Chris Candido & Lance Storm

Pitbulls came out after Storm and Candido. Pitbull 1 and Candido started off the match. It wasn't very fast paced, although the champions tried to get it that way. The Pitbulls did lots of brawling and used a steel chair and their chains at one point. Candido and Storm controlled the middle of the match with some very nice double teams moves. Pitbull 1 was in the ring the whole match up until about halfway when he hit a lariat out of nowhere and got the hot tag to Pitbull 2. They got on a roll and looked like they could have won the match when the Dudley Boys ran out to the ring. They started to brawl with the Pitbulls and threw Pitbull 1 to the outside. Pitbull 2 got a 3-D. Storm and Candido confront the Dudleys about interfering in their match. Eventually all three teams are brawling when the Dudleys and Storm and Candido are run from the ring. The Pitbulls stand in the ring, challenging them to come back.

Winners: No decision.

We go backstage and Rob Van Dam is standing with his manager Bill Alfonso.

Rob Van Dam: In 1996, when I came to ECW, I was hearing tons of talk about this new style. I heard that they were finding the greatest talents that the United States and the world had to offer. So I started off good enough, and Philadelphia loved me. And now all of a sudden, because I can't find any good competition here, I get shit on? Well, who really fuckin' cares about Philadelphia anyway? I've done nothing but entertain you people for 2 years, and that's the thanks I get? It's not my fault ECW can't find someone that stacks up in the ring against RVD. When it comes down to it, there is no one in the world like Rob Van Dam. And if ECW doesn't start to recognize that soon, maybe someone else will.

Commercial

Rob Van Dam vs Al Snow

Van Dam comes out after Snow and does his normal entrance with the kicks and thumb poses, Fonsie blowing the whistle the whole time. The match was incredible. Van Dam had tons of high spots and Al Snow countered them well with a crisp, clean technical style. Snow hit some nice suplexes and even did a missile dropkick from the top rope. At one point Snow was on the outside against the railing and Fonsie was holding a chair against his body. Van Dam shot himself to the outside with a flip and landed on top of Al Snow. Van Dam went for the pin but only got a 2 count. They both laid down for a few seconds and Snow got up first. He hit Van Dam with a Snow Plow, but RVD kicked out of that. Bill Alfonso slid a chair into the ring and Van Dam went for the Van Daminator, but Al Snow ducked it and hit RVD with the chair. Al Snow made the cover and got the pin!

Winner: Al Snow via pinfall

Joey Styles: There's your competition for ya, Van Dam! Al Snow just practically cracked your skull!

RVD gets back to his feet and calls Al Snow back to the ring.

Van Dam: Okay. Fair enough. I tried to use that chair and you beat me at my own game. I'm down with that. You beat me tonight.

RVD extends his hand for a handshake. Snow shakes his hand but RVD does a spin kick to Snow's head. RVD grabs the chair and puts it on Al's chest. Rolling Thunder onto the chair! RVD poses on the turnbuckle.

A video is shown hyping up ECW T-shirts and home video releases. ECW Better Than Ever available February 9th!

BLUE BLUE BLUE .. BLUE WORLD ORDER. Big Stevie Cool, Da Blue Guy and Hollywood Nova walk down to the ring.

Blue Guy: Hey yo, Rhino. Say 'ello, to DA BLUE GUY. *throws the toothpick at the camera*

Hollywood Nova: Ooooooh Rhino brother, I hope you been watchin' your back brother, and not even Hollywood Nova knows brother, whatcher gonna do when the BWO runs wild on YOOOOU, brother.

Big Stevie Cool: I've got only 3 words for ya, WE'RE TAKIN' OVER!

Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Stevie Richards

Taz was standing in the entranceway the whole match, watching Tajiri. Stevie looked good in his in ring return to ECW. He's gained a little more weight but it still very quick. He interacted with the crowd well during the match, having them get behind him. Tajiri also played to this well by yelling at them in Japanese. Tajiri was very impressive once again. He hit some vicious kicks and locked on the tarantula at one point. Stevie hit Tajiri with the Stevie Kick but Tajiri kicked out at 2. When the action spilled to the outside, Tajiri did a nice moonsault from the guardrail onto Stevie. Tajiri threw Stevie back into the ring and Stevie kicked out at 2. Rhino made his way out from the back with Bruce Prichard, walking right past Taz. Rhino climbs into the ring and attacks Stevie Richards. Rhino Gore's Stevie! Rhino exits the ring, and the BWO didn't even go after him. Rhino walks back to the curtain, and Taz is standing in his way. Taz and Rhino have a staredown, and Rhino walks around Taz. Back in the ring, Tajiri pins Stevie for the win!

Winner: Yoshihiro Tajiri

After the match Taz goes backstage. The BWO climbs into the ring. They look like they're explaining everything to Stevie. Everything seems to be okay and they walk off backstage together.

Francine comes out from the back with a microphone. She enters the ring, bending over and doing her usual poses.

Crowd: You're-a-whore! You're-a-whore!

Francine: You wish. Actually, I came out here for something very important. Now, as you all know, Terry and Shane aren't here tonight because they had some serious business to attend to. Of course, they had asked me to go with them but I declined, because I have some business of my own to attend to. You see, me and Tommy Dreamer have known each other for a really, really long time. And as much as I love The Franchise, I don't want to see Tommy get hurt the way Shane and Terry can, and WILL hurt him, if he gets into the ring with them. So, Tommy Dreamer, if you would please come out here I'd like to talk to you for a moment.

"Man in the Box" by Alice in Chainms hits the loudspeakers. Tommy Dreamer comes out to the ring.

Francine: Listen Tommy. You know I'm with Shane, and he's the champion, and I know how bad you want me .. and the belt. But it's not worth it. First you're going to have to go through Terry and if you survive that you have to face Shane. You'll never get it, Tommy. Why don't you just wait until Shane signs some big contract or something and has to give up the belt. It probably won't even be that long! You know he doesn't wanna stay here in fuckin' .. Philly. *shudders*

Tommy Dreamer: Francine, you're right. We have known each other for a very long time. But the only problem with that is, I've known you long enough to know that you are the one single person that I would never even consider taking advice from. So why don't you just skip out of here and go see Terry Gordy and Shane Douglas and tell them that the ECW title is going to fit very well around my waist.

Francine: Tommy, listen .. you really don't know what you're gettin..

Tommy: I know exactly what I'm getting into. So like I said, why don't you just get your trashy little ass out of this ring.

Francine slaps Tommy. Tommy stares her down and she's backing away. Tommy kicks Francine in the stomach! Dreamer DDT!

Joey Styles: Dreamer just DDT'ed Francine! Thank God!

Tommy Dreamer stretches his arms out and poses over Francine. Shane Douglas and Terry Gordy run to the ring through the crowd! Gordy and Douglas attack Dreamer from behind! Gordy powerbombs Dreamer! Shane Douglas lifts Dreamer to his feet. Pittsburgh Plunge!

Joey Styles: Gordy and The Franchise were here the whole time. God damnit.

Shane Douglas takes the ECW Heavyweight Title from around his waist and puts it in Dreamer face. He tells Dreamer he'll never wear his gold and the show ends.

ECW News

The Sandman is still expected to be out at least until the end of the summer. The surgery on his neck went well, but the recovery time is very long and it's not worth the risk to gbet back in the ring. Doctors say one wrong move if he isn't healed properly and he could never walk again.

Terry Gordy is still working on a handshake deal with Paul Heyman. Very few wrestlers have exclusive contracts with ECW, but it does happen.

The current heat on Steve Corino is apparently very real. He has been brought in after the shows start a few times to avoid people outside. He said it doesn't really bother him, but the threat of someone taking his angle to heart is very real.

Stevie Richards appearing a few weeks ago on Hardcore TV came as a surprise to not only everyone atching, but the wrestlers backstage aswell. No one was told Stevie would be there. The only people who knew were Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman, who brought him back after he was fired from WCW.

In an instance of life imitating art, Rob Van Dam has been called by WCW a number of times over the past couple of months. He has also recieved a call from the WWF. He is currently said to be happy in ECW, but is slightly unhappy with not holding any titles since his debut, despite being on of the top heels in the promotion and get great reactions as a babyface.

Some fans around the ECW Arena found posters near the entrance to the building.

hostilecityshowdownex4.jpg

Edited by Whoo

The ECW Hardcore video package plays and we are cut to the outside. A black limo pulls up outside. Guido steps out in a black suit. Tracy Smothers is waiting outside standing by his 1977 Ford. Guido walks up to Tracy, excited.

post-50-1163965501.jpg

1-20-98

Guido: I got ya message, Tracy. Who is it?! Who am I wrestlin' tonight?!

Tracy Smothers: Umm. Well, actually .. yeah.

Guido: C'mon, tell me. Did I get a title shot?! Am I wrestling Shane Douglas?! Taz??! Are we gonna get an F.B.I reunion?! WE'RE GONNA BE TAG TEAM CHAMPS AGAIN, TRACY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT .. I mean, yeah, I can believe it. I knew you had it in you Tracy ..

Smothers: No, Guido. We're not teaming tonight. You've got a 1 on 1 match.

Guido: Well c'mon. Tell me who it is then.

Smothers: Guido, c'mon. Let's get away from this damn camera. I gotta have a talk with you.

Triangle Elimination Tag Match To Determine No. 1 Contenders for the ECW Tag Team Titles

The Dudley Boys vs The Pitbulls vs Simon Diamond & CW Anderson

All three teams are in the ring at the same time. None of the teams pick anyone in particular and the match is pretty much just an all out brawl. Diamond and CW are eliminated first by The Pitbulls after CW and Diamond take simutaneous spinebusters!

The Dudley Boys and the Pitbulls are left to face the Dudley Boys. It's basically just a hardcore brawl. D-Von took a crutch from a fan at ringside and hit Pitbull 1 with it. Buh Buh took a brutal chair shot from Pitbull 2. D-Von and Pitbull 1 are back in the ring. Pitbull 2 was laid out on the outside with a powerbomb on the concrete. Buh Buh got back in the ring with a steel chair. He goes to hit Pitbull 1 with the chair but misses and hit's D-VON! Pitbull 1 hits a spinebuster on Buh Buh! Pinfall!

Winners (No. 1 Contenders for the ECW Tag Team Titles): The Pitbulls

Commercial

We come back from the commercial break and Steve Corino is sitting backstage with a stack of papers.

Steve Corino: Next to me I have a big piece of history. A history that even ECW is a part of. These are all programs from NWA shows I attended when I was young. The Crockett Cup, April 10-11, 1987 in Baltimore. Chi-Town Heat, November 26, 1987. Starrcade, December 26, 1988. I've seen Ric Flair defend the NWA World Heavyweight title in his prime. I was there when he won it from Ronnie Garvin. Greats like Dusty Rhodes, Tully Blanchard, The Rock & Roll Express, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine, Ricky Steamboat, The Brisco's and Harley Race. All of these men are the reasons I decided to become a wrestler. I wanted to perform in the same ring that all of those great wrestlers have. But somewhere down the line I made a wrong turn and I ended up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania wrestling for ECW. And what I see disgusts me. Should I have stuck around here? My head tells me no, but my heart tells me yes. Why, you ask? Well, you should all know that by now. For one reason and one reason only. To bring ECW and everyone involved to their knees and denounce these crimes against the professional wrestling world.

Corino stands up and gets closer to the camera

Corino: And I've said it before, New Jack. You're first on my long list. I'm going to take you out the way they used to do, THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW. Old School Rules, New Jack, Hostile City Showdown. I'm going to beat you without your weapons, without your "hardcore" style, and then I'll never have to see your face again. Because what are you hardcore fans going to say when you lose in the middle of that ring, cleanly, to the King of Old School? And then it's on to the next "extreme" piece of shit. ECW, THE WAR ON HARDCORE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOUR FRONT DOOR. ... OLD SCHOOL.

We cut back to the ring. Tracy Smothers has just walked through the curtain. He has a microphone.

Tracy Smothers: C'mon Guido. Let's go! Let's get this over with. C'mon. You wanted me to get you a match. Damnit, Guido.

Tracy Smothers drags Guido out by his arm. Guido gets free and acts as if nothing happened, dusting himself off. He's obviously paranoid.

Joey Styles: What the hell was Guido doing in that limo?

Guido and Smothers are in the ring now. They are there for a few moments and no music plays.

Guido: Maybe he didn't show up. You know how those people are. He probably just blew it o..

New Jack's music hits! The crowd is pumped and New Jack walks down to the ring with a garbage can full of weapons! Jack throws the trash can into the ring and Guido grabs a cane.

New Jack vs Guido

New Jack's music plays throughout the whole match. I wouldn't really call it a match as much as it was New Jack destroying Guido with various weapons. Every time Guido attempted something resembling a wrestling move, New Jack would hit him with something different. Tracy Smothers tried to interfere but took a trash can to his head. New Jack pulled a wooden ladel out of the trash can *oh sweet irony* and broke it in half. He james it into Guido's forehead and we get an extreme closeup while blood pours out of Guido's forehead. New Jack finishes Guido off with a chairshot from the top turnbuckle.

Winner: New Jack

After the match New Jack is celebrating in the ring with his music still playing. Steve Corino runs out from the back with a steel chair! He attacks New Jack from behind with the steel chair! New Jack hits the mat and Corino continues to beat New Jack down. Corino drops the chair and brings New Jack to his feet. Corino lifts New Jack up .. brainbuster on the steel chair! Corino climbs onto the second turnbuckle and celebrates. The crowd throw bottles and other trash into the ring.

Commercial

Tommy Dreamer's music plays and he walks down to the ring. He poses in the ring for a few moments and then gets on the microphone.

Tommy Dreamer: So. Douglas and Gordy weren't there last week, huh? Okay. That's was my stupid mistake for falling into that trap. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well that just isn't going to happen.

Dreamer walks around a little bit rubbing the top of his head.

Dreamer: For the past few weeks, I've been chasing Shane Douglas around, getting my ass kicked for nothing. Sure, I've got a match with Terry Gordy coming up. But I've got this weird feeling inside of me. I can't quite say for sure what it is. It feels like I just need to fight. Unfortunately, as you all know, you can't have one without the other when it comes to Gordy and Dreamer. So instead of putting myself in another stupid situation, I've decided maybe I should come out here with a little re-inforcement. So, Mikey Whipwreck, if you could please come out here, I think we might be able to give everyone a little preview of what they might see at Hostile City Showdown.

"Loser" by Beck hits and Mikey Whipwreck comes out with Stacy. He seems a little hesitant to get into the ring, but is encouraged by Stacy and Dreamer.

Tommy Dreamer: So now that the sides are a little more even. How about we gets Shane Douglas, Terry Gordy and that trashy whore Francine out here.

Dreamer, Whipwreck and Stacy wait in the ring for a little while before The Franchise's music finally plays. The three of them walk out and Douglas has a microphone.

Shane Douglas: Well, well, well. What do we have here. I'll tell you what. Since you seem so damn dead set on facing Terry Gordy and myself right now, why don't we throw in something for OUR benefit. The World Champion doesn't just wrestle whenever it's requested by a couple of no talent bums, but for the right price, I'll consider anything. So let me get this straight. Mikey Whipwreck and Tommy Dreamer, want to wrestle The ECW CHAMPION AND TERRY "BAM BAM" FUCKING GORDY. RIGHT NOW?!

Tommy Dreamer: Yeah, that's right.

Douglas: Okay, fair enough. But there's one little catch. Ohh, there's always a catch. We'll get in the ring tonight. But if you lose. Neither one of you get your matches at Hostile City Showdown. And if you win, you keep your matches.

Douglas and Gordy move toward the ring. They both slide in and the brawl begins!

ECW World Heavyweight Champion "The Franchise" Shane Douglas & Terry Gordy vs Mikey Whipwreck & Tommy Dreamer

All four men start the match off in the ring. Dreamer and Gordy go at it with Douglas and Whipwreck spilling to the outside. Gordy is controlling Dreamer in the ring and Douglas has Whipwreck under control on the outside. Gordy has some punches to Dreamers stomach that looked brutal. Whipwreck was straddled on the guardrail outside and then hit with a chair where he fell into the crowd. The fans help Whipwreck up and he is pulled back over the guardrail by Douglas.

Back in the ring, Tommy Dreamer has gotten ahold of a steel chair and hits Gordy on top of the head!

Joey Styles: Terry Gordy might be out cold! Tommy Dreamer just knocked out Gordy! OHMYGOD!

Francine climbs into the ring and jumps on Tommy's back. He flips her over his shoulder and she lands on the mat. He holds his chair high in the air! Douglas comes from behind and takes Dreamers chair. Dreamer turns right into a chair shot by The Franchise! Instead of pinning Tommy Dreamer he taunts him. Stacy climbs into the ring! She turns Douglas around who grabs her by the hair! Mikey Whipwreck is climbing back into the ring. Stacy sprays Shane's eyes with something..

Joey Styles: Is that pepper spray?!

Douglas let's go of Stacy and backs up, right into a schoolboy by Mikey Whipwreck! The referee makes the count! 1! 2! 3!

Joey Styles: MIKEY WHIPWRECK JUST PINNED THE FRANCHISE! MIKEY WINS! MIKEY WINS!

Winner: Mikey Whipwreck & Tommy Dreamer via pinfall!

Mikey and Stacy roll out of the ring and Mikey pulls Dreamer out. The three of them walk back to the locker room and the crowd is on fire!

Edited by Whoo

Don't be discouraged man, there are people reading this diary, just most people don't leave feedback any more.

I really like where your going with Mikey, I don't know if he was still doing the "scared and timid" gimmick at this stage but it was always the Mikey Whipwreck I liked best, having him pin the Franchise was a great way to build up the PPV as well.

The Dreamer-Gordy thing is going well, I always liked Gordy and Dreamer is one of my all time faves.

The Steve Corino character is probably my favourite thing about this diary right now, what you are doing with him is great and I hope he goes over New Jack. The perfect person for him to fued with would be Terry Funk IMO as he was hardcore and old school at the same time.

The only problem I have with the diary at the minute is how your presenting the bWo as glorified jobbers when they were much more than that. Stevie was near a main event push around the time he left and I really hope your going somewhere with this thing with Rhino, that doesn't leave them looking like total jobbers.

Again don't get discouraged, people are always reading it's clear you enjoy the diary by the regularity of your updates etc, so just stick it at and more people will leave feedback eventually. (Y)

Sorry I haven't updated lately, but the past few days have been insane at my job because of the holiday. Three days off means I'll be updating everything tomorrow and if Hostile City Showdown isn't up Monday, it will be Tuesday.

Thanks for the comments. As far as the bWo is concerned, it's just that Rhino is on fire right now. The bWo are fine, trust me.

I'm enjoying writing Steve Corino the most. He's my all-time favorite and I think this gimmick is perfect for him right now. Most fans of Corino or anyone in general should really like what's going to happen in the next couple of months.

• 3 weeks later...

Expect the next edition of Hardcore TV to be up on Tuesday and then hopefully I'll finish Hostile City Showdown by Friday. I really like this diary and I want to keep writing it, so just be patient.

Seeing as you were the last post I might as well post this now. Fuck off bumping this diary! We don't give a cunt about apologys and when you're finishing a show - we only care when people post shows or significant updates within the world of the diary. Stop postwhoring.

Edited by A God-Awful Xmas

Seeing as you were the last post I might as well post this now. Fuck off bumping this diary! We don't give a cunt about apologys and when you're finishing a show - we only care when people post shows or significant updates within the world of the diary. Stop postwhoring.

• 7 months later...