Nip/Tuck Season Premiere To Air Ad-Free

Fitzy

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The second-season premiere of "Nip/Tuck" will air commercial-free, thanks to XM Satellite Radio.

The sponsorship deal will allow the show to air uninterrupted when it returns to FX in June. The network says the episode will be the first basic-cable series to air ad-free thanks to a sponsorship deal.

"It's refreshing to partner with a progressive marketer like XM Satellite Radio who understands the value of finding new ways to stand out in an increasingly crowded marketplace," says Bruce Lefkowitz, head of sales for Fox Cable Entertainment.

Lefkowitz and XM's Gary Hahn also note that since XM offers most of its content commercial-free, it makes sense for the company to sponsor an ad-free episode of television.

That's not to say that XM won't make its presence known on "Nip/Tuck." Through the magic of product placement, the satellite-radio service will be featured on the show -- "in an organic way," FX assures. XM will also be highlighted in promotional materials for the premiere.

"Nip/Tuck," which stars Dylan Walsh and Julian McMahon as partners in a Miami plastic-surgery practice, begins its second season at 10 p.m. ET Tuesday, June 22. FX has ordered 16 episodes, up from 13 last year.

Credit: Zap2It.com

I really like this idea of airing commercial free. I liked how 24 has done it for seasons two and three and now Nip/Tuck is doing it.

Nip/Tuck is a very good show and the added three episodes is another good move.

So, who here likes this show?

I'm a very big fan of Nip/Tuck and I think Julian McMahon is awesome in anything he plays in.

I can't wait for season 2 to begin...as season 1 blew me away.

commercial free will be even better, as it will, I hope allow the shows to be longer then a normal 45 minute show, with commercials.

I'm a very big fan of Nip/Tuck and I think Julian McMahon is awesome in anything he plays in.

I can't wait for season 2 to begin...as season 1 blew me away.

commercial free will be even better, as it will, I hope allow the shows to be longer then a normal 45 minute show, with commercials.

Julian rocked in Charmed as Cole B)