TNA: The Russo Years...?

probablyoliver

TurningPointLogo.png

Total Non-Stop Action presents...

TURNING POINT 2006

Scoring Key:

Championship Bouts: 2 points for each correct answer.

Regular Bouts: 1 point for each correct answer.

Bons Questions: 1 point for each correct answer.

Abyss v Raven v Sting - You can't take the belt off him yet, even if you ARE Russo.

Christopher Daniels v AJ Styles - I'm a sucker for heel AJ, as long as he's holding gold!

LAX v AMW v Team 3D v The Briscoes - With Senshi on board, there's nothing stopping them from taking over.

Rhino v Kurt Angle - Angle's being pushed. Rhino isn't. It's as simple as that.

Christian Cage v Samoa Joe - You can't undo everything TNA did for Joe in the past year(s), so don't have him lose at a PPV twice in a row.

Jim Cornette v Konnan - If you want blood, you got it!

Robert Roode v X - Fodder?

Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal v Paparazzi Productions - I'll never speak to you again if they lose.

The New Movement v X - Don't kill their heat, for God's sake.

Bonus Questions

1. Who will be Robert Roode's Opponent? Petey Williams
  2. How many titles will change hands? 1
  3. Who will be pinned in the Main Event? Sting

Total Points available: 15

-

OOC: Just a disclaimer. The GrappleFanatics banner was made by ADGray yonks ago. All the other graphics have been expertly made by Evil Empire. Cheers lads.

• 2 weeks later...

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Abyss v Raven v Sting - He just won the belt, and I don't see it going off him that quick

TNA X Division Championship: Christopher Daniels v AJ Styles - I'm expecting to see AJ to hit the ref or something to cause a DQ

NWA World Tag team Championships: LAX v AMW v Team 3D v The Briscoes - What a good debut it'd be for the Briscoes to beat LAX

Rhino v Kurt Angle - Rhino: TNA's resident jobber to the stars.

Christian Cage v Samoa Joe - There's no undefeated streak to worry about, so I'm expecting a quick roll up

Jim Cornette v Konnan - Simple as this: Konnan's a wrestler, Cornette's not

Robert Roode v X - He better win. Roode isn't a jobber, or at least he shouldn't be. :pinch:

Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal v Paparazzi Productions - It's Shelley! C'mon!

The New Movement v X - Their calling themselves a New Movement, and losing to people over and over again isn't going to really "move" anything, now is it?

Bonus Questions

1. Who will be Robert Roode's Opponent? Petey Williams

2. How many titles will change hands? One

3. Who will be pinned in the Main Event? Sting

First, I have to commend you for writing an awesome diary. Your format is very simple, yet entertaining. You've got a real talent for writing not only your well-thought, brilliant segments, but your matches as well. Great stuff, and I shall continue reading and writing feedback. Like TGC mentioned, you ignored a couple of angles already going on here and there, but you're the booker, so I guess whatever you want to do for your diary is good, even if it's not completly realistic. Nevertheless, this is one of the best TNA diaries I've ever read, and actually has me very interested in things, as I'm normally not a fan of TNA diaries. Good job. (Y)

And now... onto the predictions:

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Abyss v Raven v Sting

Reason: Abyss's reign just got going, and you have many different ways to go with him. I see "money" in Raven/Sting later down the line for the belt, but I don't think it would be a smart move for you to just make Abyss a transitional champion, especially when he has one of the hottest things going for him. So... "The Monster" retains here.

TNA X Division Championship: Christopher Daniels v AJ Styles

Reason: Too much heat on AJ Styles right now, that a victory wouldn't hurt him, and in fact would add a lot to his heel persona. Besides, I like to go by the logic that whoever has the upper hand in the feud going into the PPV usually loses, and Styles has had the upper hand on Daniels thus far. So, Daniels retains here, but Styles gets the last laugh in.

NWA World Tag team Championships: LAX v AMW v Team 3D v The Briscoes

Reason: In lighten of you stating that more then likely Hernandez will be pushed as a singles star, I say LAX drops the belt here, Homicide & Senshi chase them, and regain them soon enough. Team 3-D seems to be the right team here for LAX to chase, as AMW & The Briscoes don't really have much going for them right now.

Rhino v Kurt Angle

Reason: Kurt Angle is one of your biggest stars. While doing a job to Rhino won't hurt him, I can't see Angle losing on PPV just yet.

Christian Cage v Samoa Joe

Reason: Like my prediction above, Samoa Joe is the future of TNA. While doing a job to Christian Cage won't hurt him, I also can't see Joe losing here, especially after just losing to Angle the month before.

Jim Cornette v Konnan

Reason: Because it's fucking Konnan, that's why. Senshi interferes and helps Konnan get the V.

Robert Roode v X

Reason: Why not? Roode doesn't have much going for him. An upset win wouldn't hurt him in the long run either.

Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal v Paparazzi Productions

Reason: No real reason, but mainly because you seem focused on pushing these guys. What better way then to get some jobbers to be destroyed by them?

The New Movement v X

Reason: Same reason as above.

Bonus Questions

Who will be Robert Roode's Opponent? Eric Young? I don't know...

How many titles will change hands? 1 - The Tag titles

Who will be pinned in the Main Event? Raven. I don't want him to be, but Raven wouldn't be hurt by taking the pinfall here.

Ollie-san, a marvellous start thus far. I won't bore you with a long-winded reply about everything that's gone on thus far, but suffice to say I'm really enjoying things. You've got a handle on the Russo-esque booking, but it's been done quite subtly so far and it's not mega-obvious which is nice indeed. I'm not too bothered about you ignoring a couple of 'in progress' angles, because most of the ones you've given up on weren't good to begin with, so huzzah for you. The format/style of the shows is very good also, you're playing to your strengths and covering the stuff you're not so good at well and all-around it's a solid start here. Well done, ***1/2 thus far and I'm sure there'll be more snowflakes heading your way once more happens. Jolly good.

So, now to predict, yes?

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Abyss v Raven v Sting

No sense making Abyss merely a one-month thing, as he could be money with a decent reign with the belt, and going over Sting and Raven will cement him as a force to be reckoned with. Raven/Abyss, Raven/Sting and even Sting/Abyss could all be good top-tier programs, so you've got a lot to work with here and this'll be a good way to start off one of those angles if you decide to go that way.

TNA X Division Championship: Christopher Daniels v AJ Styles

Honestly, I can see Daniels retaining, but I don't think it's the way to go. These sort of feuds always work better when it's the face chasing the heel, and AJ going over here will give him the bragging rights and the momentum, leading Daniels to chase in order to get his title back. Daniels actually gains here from losing, so good for him.

NWA World Tag team Championships: LAX v AMW v Team 3D v The Briscoes

Pushing the Briscoes this hard, this fast is foolish and even Russo would know that. Team 3D are yawn-tastic at this point in time and something between them and LAX would be trite. With Senshi coming in, unless you're thinking of going the predictable 'Freebird Rule' route here, LAX need to drop the belts so Hernandez can be moved outta the equation, and thus somebody needs the win here. AMW are pretty much your cookie-cutter babyface champions, so I say put it on them for now and off we go.

Rhino v Kurt Angle

It's far too soon for Kurt to take a loss like this on PPV. Rhino to look badass, but Kurt to get the win and keep his momentum rolling.

It's a part of my religion that I never vote against Christian. Not ever. Even if I think he's going to lose, which in all honesty he probably will here. I'll forego the contest point in the hope that you do give him the nod, because, y'know, he's awesome. Pretty please? :wub:

Jim Cornette v Konnan

Ahem. Konnan beats Cornette so, even though LAX drop the straps, they're allowed to remain in TNA. Move along, nothing to see here.

Robert Roode v X

Because it's a badass gimmick, very Russo-esque, and it doesn't make sense to job him out now.

Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal v Paparazzi Productions

Lethal and Sonjay are TNA's resident job-boys, neither of them have remotely interesting characters at this point and IRL they're only made watchable by being in skits with Nash. Seeing as we're not here yet, they take the loss to two guys who are actually interesting.

The New Movement v X

Put 'em over, the mystery opponents should be somebody good so it's a big deal, and they look strong so that they're worthwhile backing for Raven in the future.

Bonus Questions

Who will be Robert Roode's Opponent? Bah, I dunno. Fuck it, Petey Williams, why not?

How many titles will change hands? 2 - X Division and Tag Team

Who will be pinned in the Main Event? Sting, just because he needs to hurry up and die. Oh, and also because Raven/Abyss is the better feud and if Raven takes the fall, he loses a lot of leverage as far as getting a rematch is concerned.

Edited by Sephiroth Clone

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: It's been over a month, but TNA: The Russo Years...? is finally back, and Turning Point is finally here. I apologise for the wait; you won't have to wait this long for something for a long time. Anyway; enjoy, I've actually enjoyed writing it this past week; and on a whole I'm pretty damn happy with it.

Enjoy. =]

-

TurningPointLogo.png

Total Non-Stop Action presents...

TURNING POINT 2006

Sunday, Week 3, December 2006

Match One

The New Movement v Shark Boy, Norman Smiley & Eric Young

Kicking off Turning Point was the 6-way between Raven's 'New Movement' and a triple threat of wrestlers who hadn't really been seen or heard from for weeks, so no prizes for guessing the result here! As they were welcomed by Jeremy Borash, The New Movement were announced with no names; just introduced as the unit of "the New Movement". All three members of the face team managed to get good responses, especially Eric Young who got some rather amusing chants of 'Where Have You Been?!' from the crowd...

The match itself was thankfully short, as the men involved just didn't seem to mesh very well at all, which was a damn shame considering some of the talent involved; especially the comedic talents of the face team. The New Movement made light work of Smiley and Young, hitting them both with a few nice triple team manoeuvres, including a beautiful moonsault from Kazarian into a raised Young. However, Shark Boy was able to get the crowd firmly behind him; out-witting all three members of The New Movement with a couple of nice flips, but was quickly put away by TAFKA Bentley who hit a beautiful Super Kick on the masked wrestler; almost ripping his head clean off. Following this little moment of glory; the faces were unable to get any momentum at all, and were just put away one by one in a showcase of spots from The New Movement; the end came soon after with Kazarian pinning Shark Boy with a German Suplex, following a Superkick from TAFKA Bentley.

Instead of celebrating their first victory as a team under the New Movement moniker, the three followers of Raven stood in triangle formation, just starring into space. After a moments silence, the three men bowed to each other and climbed out of the ring, exiting the arena through three different points in the crowd in a very, very bizarre celebration.

Result: The New Movement (Jonathon, Matthew & Kazarian) d. Shark Boy, Norman Smiley & Eric Young [C+] [4.55]

The action cuts backstage, with TNA Director of Authority; Jim Cornette in his office, wearing black and gold trim boxing shorts and a tank-top. Cornette stands with the Briscoe Brothers, who appear to be helping him train, giving him pointers and helping him tape up his fists. Despite the help from one of the top teams in the country though, Cornette doesn't look fit to fight at all. His gut shows under the tank-top, and his normally sinister smirk replaced by a much less sinister look of fear of fighting the leader of the LAX. Konnan. As Cornette prepares, in bursts former NWA World Heavyweight Champion; Christian Cage, who looks a lot more prepared for his fight later on against Samoa Joe. Cage looks a little perplexed at the image of an old, warn down Jim Cornette standing in front of him ready to fight, but doesn't let it stop him from opening his mouth. Cage gets the small talk out of the way quickly, acknowledging Cornette's attire for the night and commenting about how the DOA looks like a "white George Forman", to the obvious dismay of the Director of Authority. Cage says he's here to vent about Samoa Joe, saying he's actually genuinely scared about wrestling "Pillsbury" later tonight, because he was "terrifying in Ghostbusters!". Cage asks Cornette if everything was set, regarding what they had discussed earlier on; to which Cornette replied in the affirmative, before warning Christian, saying that if he went thru with everything he'd likely just piss off Joe. Cornette continued, saying Joe was rightfully feared throughout TNA; and it took more than just a man to derail him. After a moments silence, Cage laughed it off, calling Cornette a geek, before leaving Cornette and the Briscoe’s to continue training.

Back at ringside, and Robert Roode was standing centre of the ring with Miss Tracey Brooks; Roode's image was continuing to change; this time with new ring-wear that made him look instantly more suave than he had done before. Roode said he was the future of the wrestling industry; not just TNA, and that it was a "travesty" to see him on the bottom end of a PPV, and not Main Eventing. Roode said he'd be watching the NWA World Title match closely, because who ever won would be in for a "Roode Awakening in 2007", when Roode was coming full steam ahead for whoever held the most prestigious belt in the world today. Roode said he was ready for his challenger, whoever that may be; which brought out Roodes's former Team Canada stable partner; Petey Williams. As Williams slid into the ring, Roode pounced, and the match begun...

Match Two

Robert Roode v Petey Williams

The match itself was pretty good; with both men getting some decent offence in; however, the crowd seemed entirely uninterested, and it really came off bad on TV. Roode was able to get the upper hand straight away, pouncing on Petey the second he made his way into the six sided ring; Roode was able to keep this momentum for over a minute, tossing Petey from one side of the six sided ring to the other, stopping momentarily to hit some hard chops on Petey in each corner. However, Petey was able to counter one chop into a hammerlock, before attempting a German Suplex; but the heelish ways of Roode prevailed as he mule kicked Petey, dropping him to the floor and covering for a 2-count. Roode continued on his offensive, hitting a few short arm clotheslines on Petey, before hitting a nice Spinning Neckbreaker and posing for the fans; who still weren't fully involved. This little show of arrogance proved to be a mistake as Petey got to his feet, spun Roode round and hit a nice Hurracanrana. Petey pinned Roode, getting a two count before being dragged out of the ring by Miss Brooks. Petey didn't take too kindly to this, and stalked the beautiful Brooks at ringside. However, Roode had recovered and had come to protect his manager, attempting a Northern Lariat on Petey, but the Canadian Destroyed managed to foresee it, ducking and forcing Roode's arm hard against the steel ringpost. Petey rolled Roode into the ring, before climbing up onto the turnbuckle, waiting for Roode to get to his feet, but as soon as Roode was on his feet; Miss Brooks jumped onto the apron and shoved Petey off the top rope; sending him flying into a nasty Lariat from Roode.

After a failed pinfall attempt; Roode started to get annoyed, arguing with the ref and trying to convince him to count faster. In this time though, Petey got to his feet and spun Roode around for the second time in the match, Petey called for an AmeriCanadian Destroyer, but it was reversed into a beautiful spinebuster which was heard throughout the arena, finally generating some crowd interest. However, Roode didn't take the opportunity to capitalise, and instead just lifted Petey up, hoisting him onto his shoulders, before crashing the former X-Division Champion down with a vicious Powerbomb. Again, Roode didn't cover, and instead pulled Brooks up to the apron, where they shared a quick kiss. Roode then finally pinned Petey; who kicked out, just nanoseconds before the count of three. Roode looked on dumbfounded at Petey's will to survive, before pinning him again, this time hooking a leg - but once more Petey kicked out at two! Roode, now completely pissed off started to argue with the ref, before picking up Petey and aiming to hit the Northern Lariat for a second time, but Petey ducked just in time, before setting up and hitting a picture perfect Canadian Destroyer on Roode; taking no time out to pin him and get a quick three-count, and winning the match!!

Petey jumped to his feet, celebrating his victory before quickly rolling out of the ring, both arms in the air in victory pose. Roode just looked on in disbelief at his loss to the smaller Petey, but didn't let it stop him from getting to his feet and grabbing a microphone...

Result: Petey Williams defeated Robert Roode by pinfall [C+] [6:30]

With microphone in hand; Robert Roode announced that Petey's win was a fluke, and that he would never be able to win like that again. Roode requested a rematch, not for next month, not for impact, but for right now. Roode said he was in control the whole match, and that Petey's win was nothing but pure-luck. Roode wanted a chance to prove that he was the better man, and he wanted to do it now; and to the delight of the now interested audience, Petey Williams came straight back down to the ring to fight once more!

Match Two and a Half

Robert Roode v Petey Williams

Petey ran straight back down to the ring, and a grapple broke out between him and Roode. Petey got the upperhand, hitting Roode with a couple nice elbows, before kicking him in the gut and going for a second Canadian Destroyer, but Miss Brooks had a different idea as she slid into the ring with a steel chair in hand, which she used with great force, cracking it over the back of Petey Williams, forcing the referee to call a very early disqualification in the rematch. Petey had won again, but this time it wasn't a victory to write home about.

Roode and Brooks continued their assault of Petey, with Brooks slapping him hard across the face before Roode hit a Stunner centre of the ring. Roode and Brooks raised each others arm in victory before leaving the fallen Williams in the ring and exiting the ring and up the Impact Zone ramp.

Result: Petey Williams defeated Robert Roode by disqualification [C+] [0:22]

Following Roode's violent manhandling of Petey Williams; Turning Point goes backstage with the three members of the Paparazzi Productions; Alex Shelley, Austin Starr, and of course; Kevin Nash. The three men discuss Starr and Shelley's opponents for tonight; X-Division Superstars; Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal. Nash begins by warning the two of Dutt's recent addiction to "anabolic", saying he's now "strong, not unlike a bear, or Scott Hall", and that he weighs about 300lbs, the equivalent of eight of what he was just two weeks ago. Shelley asks about possible strategies, which sets Nash off on a trip down memory lane; where he recalls "wrestling in 'Nam with Bob Backlund, Aldo Montoya, Justin Credible and Peter Polaco". Starr questions this, saying that they're all one and the same, prompting utter confusion from Shelley, who informs Starr that "Montoya was Portuguese, jackass. That's in Europe! Europe!" An awkward silence falls over the three; and Nash struggles to break it "so... uh... wrestling, yeah?" Starr and Shelley; both glad the silence is over agree enthusiastically before jumping to their feet and leaving to wrestle their match.

Match Three

The Paparazzi v Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal

First out are Dutt and Lethal, once huge X-Division prospects for TNA, but now lost in the shuffle of midcard hell. Despite this, they get a pretty positive reaction from the crowd, who know that although not the most charismatic, you don't get much more athletic then Dutt and Lethal. As they reach the ring, out come the two core members of Paparazzi Productions; Alex Shelley and Austin Starr. The two men make their way to the ring, setting up a camera at ringside, before climbing into the ring to start the match.

Lethal and Starr start off with some very quick chain wrestling, exchanging Irish whips and leaping over each other with great ease; however, this was stopped after around 40 seconds when Lethal dropped to the floor following a whip of Starr. Starr stopped mid-run, and just jumped on the back of Lethal in an entirely heelish move. Starr kept the advantage for a while, hitting a few of his trademark elbow drops before allowing Lethal to crawl towards his corner, only to his a running dropkick on Dutt, knocking him off the apron and averting the tag. Starr continued this momentum with a few arm drags, before Suplexing Lethal and tagging in Shelley. Shelley continued the assault with a few double knee drops before lifting up Lethal and attempting his Total Non-Stop Alex facebuster, but it was countered into a sunset flip by Lethal, who got a quick two count, before Shelley rolled out and hit a dropkick on the seated Lethal, knocking him onto his back. Shelley then took the time to taunt the crowd, then taunt Lethal before emptying his nose all over Lethal's face, in a beautiful display of disrespect. Lethal didn't let this faze him though, and the young superstar jumped to his feet with a hard open-palm slap across the face of Alex Shelley. This didn't impress Shelley who went to lay a couple right hands on Lethal, but they were all caught and met with return punches. Shelley, now visibly annoyed then initiated a grapple with Lethal, who's speed and agility prevailed as he spun round and swept Shelley off his feet, before hitting a standing Senton and tagging in Sonjay Dutt.

Dutt dived straight to the top rope, coming off with a brilliant moonsault, which was able to get a two-count on Shelley. The Original Playa from the Himalayas seemed to have fun with Shelley for the next couple minutes, running rings around the more technical based wrestler with lots of twists and turns around the torso of Shelley, before jumping onto his shoulders and hitting a extremely violent Reverse Hurracanrana, Dutt then hit a jumping Springboard Dropkick on the illegal Austin Starr; showing shades of Chris Jericho, before once again focussing on Shelley with another quick cover which only got a one-count. Shelley got to his feet and stopped Dutt from twirling around him again with a stiff clothesline, before locking in a vicious looking Boston Crab that had Sonjay's feet almost touch his shoulders! This was broken up by Lethal, who hit a nice dropkick onto Shelley, and breaking the hold. Lethal wasn't able to showcase anything else as he was quickly taken down and out of the ring by Austin Starr. Shelley was soon also out of the ring, and three of the four competitors brawled outside, until Sonjay Dutt came shooting out of the ring with a no hands moonsault over the top rope and into the other three, much to the extreme delight of the crowd! Dutt and Starr were first to their feet, and they brawled back into the ring, with Dutt going for a Spinning DDT, but Starr stopped him in his tracks and stamped on his foot, allowing for Starr to get the advantage. Starr took little time in hitting a Shin-Breaker on Dutt, before lifting him up and hitting a brutal Brainbuster. Lethal, meanwhile, tried to stop Starr from going for his patented 450 Splash, but was stopped by Shelley who hit a Shellshock on Lethal before locking in the Border City Stretch at the same time as Starr hit the 450, for a dual pin/submission victory; despite Shelley and Dutt being the legal men!

The Paparazzi celebrated their victory with Shelley and Starr raising each others arms, and stepping out of the ring. Both men then walked straight up to Alex Shelley's camera, Shelley admitted he was a "cocky, arrogant bitch" but then commented "with that show of skill, I’ve ever right to be!" Starr followed up with a cocky laugh as Shelley collected the camera together and the two exited up the Impact Zone ramp.

Result: The Paparazzi defeated Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal with a dual pin / submission combo [b-] [8:01]

Match Four

No DQ Strap Match

Konnan v Jim Cornette

Next up was a match that was guaranteed to be violent, and possibly even violently bad, as an old, broken down, nothing-more-than-a-manager took on an old, broken down, nothing more than a manager with TNAs Director of Authority Jim Cornette took on the leader of the LAX; Konnan. Konnan was out first, alone. He walked down to the ring King Kong like, cracking his neck and punching at his bare chest. Out next was Cornette, accompanied by the two men who had been training him earlier; The Briscoe Brothers. Seeing this, Konnan shook his head and demanded a microphone. When his demand was fulfilled, Konnan told Cornette to get rid of the boys, because although this was going to be a bare-knuckled fight, it was going to be a fair fight too. He wanted to taste Cornette's blood, and didn't want anyone getting in the way. No Briscoe’s, no LAX, nobody but Corny and Konnan. Cornette took a moment to reply, but finally did, dismissing the Briscoe’s and walking down the ramp and climbing into the ring. Referee Earl Hebner strapped the two together, but Konnan seemed dissatisfied, he didn't want the straps round the wrists, but round the necks of him and Cornette. Hebner allowed for the change, and as the two men stood opposite each other, straps around their necks, it looked as though two snarling dogs were about to do battle.

From the word 'go' the match was excessively violent, and within seconds Konnan had ripped open a can of whoop-ass on Cornette, dragging at the strap, choking him and beating the Director of Authority senseless with some extremely vicious rights and lefts. Cornette was opened up with a nasty headbutt that even made Konnan recoil in grogginess, but the leader of the LAX wasn't done there, as he threw Cornette from corner to corner, before charging at him with splash’s and clotheslines. Konnan then lifted Cornette up and dumped him out of the ring, only to pull back on the strap as if it were a noose, lifting Cornette's feet off the ground. Konnan then climbed out of the ring himself, before lifting up Cornette again and crutching him on the guard rail. Konnan, still in control, proceeded to lift Cornette off the railing, then slide him into the ring, and slide him out again so they were separated by a metal ringpost. Konnan attempted to drag Cornette head-first into the post, but the DOA desperately tugged at the strap with all his strength. With one last tug, Konnan was sent into the ring post, opening up the Mexican Superstar. Cornette then rolled into the ring and out again, stopping the separation. After a few stomps from the DOA; Konnan got back to his feet and slapped Cornette hard across the mouth, knocking the tennis-racket wielding manager to the floor. Konnan then dragged Cornette into the ring, before climbing to the top rope; but Cornette managed to tug at the strap, bring Konnan straight back to the floor and onto his face. Cornette hit a standing double stamp on the lower-back of Konnan, causing the Mexican superstar to scream in agony. Cornette tried to cover Konnan, but Konnan reversed it, hit a snapmare on Cornette and delivered an extremely stiff kick to the back of the managerial legend. Konnan picked up Cornette, raised him high above his head and hit a beautiful Cross Powerbomb, before pinning Cornette and getting the easy three-count and victory in a surprisingly good squash.

Instead of a regular celebration, Konnan removed the strap from his neck, before removing it from the KO'ed Cornette. Konnan then whipped Cornette, bringing him straight back to life, squealing like a pig. Konnan then whipped Cornette a second and third time, before kicking him out of the ring, forcing Cornette to crawl up the Impact ramp. Konnan then raised his arms in victory, and the crowd ate it up, actually cheering for the LAX super-heel! Konnan, noticing the cheers then cussed down the crowd before leaving the ring and returning backstage.

Result: Konnan defeated Jim Cornette by pinfall [3:35] [C]

C

Match Four

NWA Tag Team Titles

Gauntlet Match

Latin American eXchange =TT= v America's Most Wanted v The Briscoe Brothers v Team 3D

After a few video packages pertaining to next month's 'Final Resolution' PPV; Turning Point was back in the ring for the next match; and the first title match of the evening, as the NWA Tag Team Titles were on the line with LAX defending them in a Gauntlet style match. First out were LAX; Homicide and Hernandez, with no sign of Konnan. The two made their way to the ring silently, as their first opponents; America's Most Wanted - Chris Harris and James Storm; the most successful team in TNA history made their way to the ring, but couldn't even get to the ring before the match started; as they were ambushed by LAX!

Homicide and Hernandez brought the fight to AMW with a few stiff punches outside the ring; with both Harris and Storm being sent into opposite sides of the guard rail; Homicide was able to his a nasty Lariat on Harris early on, as Hernandez knocked Storm about with some stiff shots before rolling him into the ring and pinning him; only to have the "Cowboy" kick out at two. 'Cide continued his assault on Harris outside of the ring, blocking an attempt to have his head slammed into the ringpost, only to slam Harris' head into instead. The two continued to brawl, with Harris getting a short burst of momentum, only to have the brakes slammed on with a Discus Elbow to the face. Homicide jumped onto the apron and got the quick tag in; where he unleashed a fury of kicks on Storm. 'Cide finished off with a Bridging Exploder Suplex; but was only able to get a two count. 'Cide tagged in Hernandez; who made his way to Storm, trying to lift him; only to get caught off guard with a Small Package from Storm for a quick two count. Storm used this momentum to tag in Chris Harris; who attacked Hernandez with a spear; followed by at attempted Sharpshooter, but 'Cide blindsided and took Storm down; before being sent out of the ring by the referee. Harris and Hernandez continued fighting, with Hernandez getting the upperhand, knocking Harris down with a stiff clothesline, before tagging in 'Cide, and distracting the ref whilst 'Cide pulled out a chain and clocked both Storm and Harris with it. 'Cide got rid of the chain and quickly pinned Harris; getting the three count in an underhand manner.

Result: LAX defeated America's Most Wanted by cheating [3.25]

Next out were the Briscoe Brothers; Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe, who wasted little time in attacking both Homicide and Hernandez and gaining a quick upperhand. Jay was able to put Hernandez down with a Sitout Suplex; whilst Mark caught Homicide with a Fisherman Suplex; but neither man was able to gain a pinfall. Jay left the ring, leaving it down to Mark and 'Cide; who exchanged blows with Homicide gaining momentum and attempting his brutal Gringo Killah; but Mark was able to use his agility to roll out of it, knock Homicide down with an Ace Crusher before jumping to the top rope and attempting a Moonsault. 'Cide moved and Mark was able to rotate the full 360 degrees back onto his feet; but was met with a vicious Lariat from Homicide; almost decapitating him. Homicide rolled to the other side of the ring and tagged in Hernandez, who lifted Mark up by the throat and hit a nasty CrackerJack on Mark. Hernandez attempted a pin, but was thrown off by Jay who springboarded off Hernandez with a Double Stomp, shooting into Homicide with a Dropkick; knocking him off the apron. Hernandez wasn't too pleased with this; and showed his frustration by hitting a brutal Powerbomb on Jay Briscoe. Hernandez then proceeded to lift Mark up, but was met with a desperation Enziguiri; sending him to the floor. Mark pinned; but only got a two, as 'Cide got back to his feet and threw the chain he'd used against AMW into the ring for Hernandez; but referee Andrew Thomas had different ideas; confiscating the chain and arguing with Hernandez; allowing Homicide to climb into the ring with a second chain; clocking it round the head of Mark Briscoe before leaving the ring; Hernandez then dropped to his knees and pinned for the easy three count; once again; thanks only to cheating.

Result: LAX defeated The Briscoe Brothers [7.11]

LAX would have a hard time cheating against the third and final team though, as Team 3D came down the ramp with table in hand; and it was time for one of the most experienced underhand teams to come face to face with the NWA Tag Team Champions! Homicide ran out to attempt a brawl with Brother Ray and Devon, but was just knocked straight to the floor by the table. Team 3D set the table up, and began to brawl with Hernandez; who was Flapjacked by Devon and dropped down, thru the table with a brutal 3D by Brother Ray, much to the delight of the crowd. Homicide tried his hardest to fight the two tag veterans, but was getting nowhere; just being constantly knocked down to the floor with punches from both Ray and Devon; before being finished off with a Full Nelson Bomb from Brother Ray; this prompted Ray to order Devon to "Get the Tables!", much to the further delight of the fans; who had no trouble watching Devon leave the ring and pull a second table from out of the ring. Devon set the table up outside the ring, as Ray dragged Homicide out; only to have the NWA Tag Team Champion fight back with a few jabs to the gut; followed by an Ace Cutter in the ring. 'Cide then focused on Devon, hitting a no hands Suicide Dive thru the middle rope and into Devon. 'Cide then helped Hernandez up, and the two took their anger out on Devon with an Assisted Powerbomb from Hernandez thru the table. The two members of LAX then climbed into the ring, and focused on Brother Ray; with Hernandez assisting Homicide in hitting the larger Brother Ray with a Piledriver in the middle of the ring. Homicide covered and got the three-count, and it was all over; LAX had retained!

Result: LAX defeated Team 3D [10.50] [C+]

Following the chaos and carnage of the tag title match; "The War Machine" Rhino was seen backstage with Jeremy Borash. Borash ran down Kurt Angle's accomplishments; saying he was an Olympic Gold Medallist and a former multi-time World Champion; before saying that Angle really isn't a man "you can just fight and expect to win." Borash asks how Rhino's prepared for the fight; sending Rhino on a tangent; saying he should be asking Kurt how he's prepared; because Rhino's a "dangerous man with a dangerous mind." Rhino said Kurt's in no state to wrestle; and he proved that two weeks ago when he almost snapped his neck in two after putting him thru a table on impact! Rhino said he's never been more ready for a fight; and he can't wait to prove Kurt's nothing but an old man who should have quit years ago. When asked if it'll be a fair fight; Rhino said he'll have no trouble doing what he did on impact again; and that Borash should prepare for a bloody fight; because he wants to rip Kurt's head from his shoulders. The War Machine finished by asking Kurt if he was prepared; not just for Rhino, but for the gore... Gore... GORE!

Match Six

Rhino v Kurt Angle

As the bell rang, both men circled each other, neither wanting to make the first move. Both men were smart, Rhino knew that Angle was by far the superior mat wrestler, whilst Angle knew that Rhino would out-power him any day of the week. After another few seconds of circling, both men pounced, launching into a grapple that Kurt had no trouble winning, spinning Rhino into a Hammerlock before hitting a Belly to Back Suplex onto the floor, and circling Rhino, still holding onto the Hammerlock. Kurt jumped to his feet after this show of technical savvy, and Rhino soon followed, climbing to his feet and initiating a second grapple, this time won by the man beast who was able to whip Angle into the turnbuckle and charge at him with a splash, but the Olympic Gold Medallist was able to move out of the way, allowing him to roll Rhino up with a school-boy pin; placing his feet on the ropes for extra leverage. Referee Rudy Charles refused to count, seeing Angle's illegal pin, and forced both men up. The two entered a third grapple, with Rhino once again winning, this time with a scoop slam and elbow drop onto the chest of Angle, only getting a one count. Rhino went for a second elbow, but Kurt rolled out of the of the way and jumped to his feet, waiting for Rhino before locking in to attempt a German Suplex; but the War Machine scouted Angle's move and in turn twisted round and out, locking a Hammerlock on Angle in the process; Angle further countered, hitting a snapmare on Rhino and locking in a Sleeper Hold.

With the Sleeper tightly locked in, Rhino struggled to climb to his feet, but did so with Kurt still attached to his back. Angle dropped down, still with the Sleeper in place, only to drop down to the floor again; applying a Rear Naked Choke on the former NWA Champion. Rhino once again battled to get to his feet, Angle still perched on his back, only to be pulled down a third time, still in the rear naked choke. Referee Rudy Charles lifted Rhino's arm, dropping it and calling for one, before doing so again and calling for two. On the third time though, Rhino was able to keep his arm up to fight once more. Rhino once more got to his feet, before backing into the turnbuckle to loosen Angle's grip. A second back into the turnbuckles and Rhino was free from Angle's hold. Rhino spun round, hitting Angle with a few strong right hands, before hitting a few shoulder thrusts into the corner and lifting Angle up for a Military press; but the Olympic Gold Medallist slipped away and attempted an Olympic Slam, only for Rhino to slip out himself and spin Angle round, hoisting him up and attempting a Powerbomb to the outside of the ring, but Angle reversed this and was able to hit a faux-Hurracanrana, dumping both men over the top rope.

The brawl continued outside, with the two exchanging rights, with Rhino getting the upperhand and whipping Angle shoulder first into the steel steps, before searching under the ring and pulling out a table; sliding it into the ring before attempting to lift Angle to his feet; the former WWE star was able to counter though, hitting a few groggy European Uppercuts before slamming Rhino's head into the ring apron and rolling the One Man War Machine into the ring. Kurt also climbed into the ring, and still clutching at his shoulder; set up the table in the corner. Meanwhile Rhino prepared to Gore Angle through wood, and as Angle turned round; Rhino charged, being able to just slam on the brakes as Angle slipped away outside the ring. Rhino climbed out the ring himself, and once again the two men exchanged blows, with Rhino getting the upperhand and attempting a Piledriver on the outside, but Angle was able to counter; hitting a Back Body Drop on Rhino and kicking him sternly in the ribs. Angle lifted up Rhino, who battled back with a few blows to the gut, before attempting a second Piledriver, but Angle dropped to his knees and hit a nasty low-blow on Rhino, putting a stop to his attempt. Angle threw Rhino back into the ring, before climbing in covering for a two count. Angle covered again, this time only getting a one, before lifting Rhino up and attempting a German Suplex; Rhino reversed, attempting his own German, but Angle was able to counter this; before hitting a beautiful Release German Suplex; right through the table set up in the corner. The crowd erupted with "Holy Shit!" chants as both men lay on the canvas, broken and battered from the match. Rudy Charles began his ten-count for a double knockout, reaching 'six' before Angle mustered up enough energy to pull Rhino out of the debris and attempt a pinfall.

1...2... but Rhino's foot somehow managed to find the bottom rope. But Kurt doesn't let it anger him, and shows his professionalism by just dragging Rhino further into the ring to attempt the pinfall again; but this time; Rhino somehow finds the desperate energy to kick out at two. Angle gets to his feet and yells at Rudy Charles for counting slow, giving Rhino enough time to get to one knee, but Kurt has it scouted, and turns round just to shove Rhino back to the floor with the bottom of his boot. This just angers the Man Beast, who quickly climbs to his feet, turns Kurt around and in an extremely desperate move, picks him up just to hit a beautiful Piledriver; again putting both men on the floor. Rudy Charles gets to 'seven', and the two men are both groggily on their feet, Rhino hits a few strong rights, before throwing Kurt into the corner and dropping to a Three-Point-Stance for the Gore! Rhino charges, but Kurt dives out of the way, and Rhino's just able to stop; but Kurt hits the Olympic Slam, before locking in his patented Ankle Lock. Rhino looks fit to tap when he just manages to crawl to the ropes, but Kurt brings him straight back to the centre of the ring, before dropping to the floor and Grapevining the move; and Rhino had no escape but to tap out, giving Kurt the submission victory.

Result: Kurt Angle defeated 'The War Machine' Rhino by submission [12:34] [A]

Following his victory, Kurt Angle jumped to his feet, spinning round arms-akimbo to celebrate his victory as Rhino lay clutching at his ankle. Angle looked fit to leave ringside and allow Rhino to fight another day, but decided against it, coming back just to lock on the Ankle Lock once more on the fallen Rhino, prompting TNA officials and agents to run to the ring to stop the Olympic Gold Medallist, but Kurt had other plans, stopping the hold just to deliver a few officials Belly-to-Belly Suplexs, before hitting one referee with an Olympic Slam. As the rest of the officials backed off, rather than trying their luck with the former Olympian, Kurt just locked the Ankle Lock back in and continued to punish Rhino; this prompted Samoa Joe to come charging down the Impact Zone; sliding into the ring and forcing Angle to break the hold and focus his full attention on the Samoan Submission Machine. The two brawled in the ring as the rest of the officials helped Rhino limp up the ramp and backstage. Joe got the upperhand with a flurry of chops, kicks and jabs, ending with an Enziguiri to the temple of Kurt. Joe locked in his Coquina Clutch to the already worn-out Angle, but it was quickly broken up by Christian Cage, who came running down to the ring to attack Joe and protect Kurt. Joe and Cage stared each other down, as referee Mark Johnson came running down the ring, calling for the bell to be rung and the next match to begin; with both competitors in the ring!

Match Seven

Kurt Angle rolled out of the ring as the match started, with Joe and Cage swapping blows, but just like had happened with Angle moments ago; Joe got the upperhand, and was able to hit his trademark flurry of chops and jabs, before attempting a similar Enziguiri to the one he had used on Kurt Angle. But Cage, fresh and fighting fit was able to duck Joe's boot sending the 290lber to the floor, where Christian wasted no time, pouncing on Joe's back and locking in a weak sleeper hold, that Joe quickly shrugged off, jumping to his feet and flinging Cage off his back and onto the floor, before spinning round and booting Cage in the small of the back. Joe just shrugs it off and laughs with the audience as Cage clumsily climbs to his feet. Cage, seeing Joe not taking the match seriously dives at the Samoan wrestler, only to be thrown in a Hammerlock and given a huge chop down the back, making Cage almost jump out of his skin and squeal. Joe once again laughed, this time really pissing off Cage, who dived at Joe again, locking in a Headlock, but quickly being dropped with a Back Drop. Joe then further mocked Cage, pulling a '5 Second Pose', enraging Cage even more; who dived at Joe with a spear, knocking him into the turnbuckle and launching a flurry of punches on him, Joe went for a chop to reverse the momentum, but Christian ducked it, perched himself on the turnbuckle and attempted a Tornado DDT. Joe first shrugged it off, but Christian was able to rotate a full 360, allowing for the momentum to drop Joe and hit a DDT. Christian immediately covered but was thrown off after a quick one count. Cage locked up with Joe, but the Samoan once again proved his strength, delivering a knee to the sternum of Cage before whipping him into the ropes. Cage ducked a jab attempt, and attempted a Reverse DDT; but Joe reversed it and attempted a second Irish Whip, which was in turn countered, sending Joe into the ropes, where he had his foot grabbed by the recovering Kurt Angle who was still at ringside.

Referee Mark Johnson didn't look too happy with Angle's interference, and argued with the Olympian, giving Christian the opportunity to drop down to his knees and low blow Samoa Joe, giving the entire momentum to the former NWA World Champion. Cage hit a few stomps on Joe, as the Samoan Submission Machine slowly rose to his feet; only to have Christian knock him straight down again with a Dropkick to Joe's face. Cage continued his assault on Joe with a few knee drops, before hitting Joe square in the face with a beautiful boot, sending Joe onto his back. Cage covered, but Joe once again proved his brute strength, powering out at two and getting to his feet. Joe hit a few open palm slaps on Christian, until Cage ducked one and Irish Whipped Joe into the ropes, where he was once again distracted by Kurt Angle, tugging at his leg; this time Joe turned round to face Angle, allowing for Cage to sneak in and hit an Unprettier on Joe. Christian quickly covered, but referee Mark Johnson refused to count the pin with Kurt at ringside; Cage and Angle argued with Johnson about this decision, with Angle finally leaving up the ramp, still keeping his eye on the ring; but when he turned round; Angle was met with an extremely pissed off looking Rhino! The War Machine chased Angle back down the ramp, through the ring and out again, before chasing him out through the audience to the delight of the capacity crowd! In all the confusion, Cage attempted another pin on Joe; but just couldn't keep the Samoan down, who was quickly back to his feet and fighting once more.

Joe and Cage exchange blows, but once again; it was the former X-Division Champion's brute strength that proved best; hitting Cage with some nasty looking knee-lifts, only to have Cage rake the eyes of Joe, and once again get the upperhand! Cage hit a Reverse DDT, before dropping to his knees and attempting to pin Joe again, but it still wasn't going to happen and Joe just powered out once more. Back on his feet, and Joe regained some momentum, hitting a few chops, before hitting a beautiful Enziguiri to Cage, who averted a pin by rolling out of the ring. Joe taunted, and got up a 'Joe! Joe! Joe!' chant as he waited for Cage to climb to his feet; and as he did, Joe rebounded from the ropes and launched himself out with a picture perfect Suicide Dive into Cage Joe quickly climbed to his feet; followed slowly by Cage; Joe saw an opportunity and continued to assault Cage with slaps and chops, before smashing him head first into the steel steps and placing him on a chair near to the audience. The crowd knew exactly what was coming, and began an "Olé" chant as Joe tuned up the band. Joe threw himself towards Christian, who was able to just move, sending Joe crotched into the steel railings. Christian got to his feet, and hit Joe with a few jabs, before headlocking him and dropping him from the railing onto the floor with a nasty Spiked DDT. Christian then proceeded to lift Joe into the seat, and set up for his own Olé kick, which the crowd did not enjoy one bit. But just as Cage was about to boot Joe; he stopped and instead just spat on the Samoan Submission Machine; sending Joe into a spasm of anger, hitting Cage with a mass flurry of chops and slaps, before stepping back and charging Cage with a monstrous Lariat that almost ripped Cage's head clean off.

Joe pulled Christian up, rolling him in the ring before climbing in himself and attempting a pinfall; but Cage was just able to kick out at two. Joe raised Cage to his feet, before Irish Whipping him and attempting a chop, but Cage ducked and rebounded off the ropes, only to feel the sting of a Snap Powerslam from Joe, who pinned but deliberately pulled out at two to lock in a Crucifix Armbar. Cage was able to wiggle his way to the ropes, only to be raised again and hit with a vicious Powerbomb; Joe pinned, but once again pulled out at two, this time to lock in a High Angled Boston Crab that saw Cage come within seconds of tapping before Joe released the hold. Joe wastes no time, throwing Christian to his feet and slamming him straight into the turnbuckle, before charging him with a splash, only to eat turnbuckle as Cage slips out of the way to try and catch a breather, but Joe has other ideas as he rebounds off the ropes and hits a beautiful diving dropkick into the back of Christian's head, sending him out the middle rope and back to the floor. Joe stalks, climbing out of the ring and waiting for Cage to get to his feet, only to knock him down to his knees with a stern kick to the back of the legs, before grabbing him round the neck and throwing him back onto the chair adjacent to the crowd. Joe squares up and hits a beautiful Olé kick which opens Christian up.

Joe climbs back into the ring, still mad as all hell from Christian's fake Olé kick earlier in the match. Seeing Cage having trouble getting to his feet; Joe leaves the ring again, and assists Cage; throwing him back into the ring with great ease. Joe climbs back in, and lifts Christian to his feet, the former NWA Heavyweight Champion tries his hardest to fight back, hitting Joe with a few weak jabs, only to be pushed back with a vicious chop that sends Cage into the turnbuckle, where he drops down to a seated position. Joe brushes his boot against Cage's face before rebounding into the ropes to attempt his Face Wash Kick, but Cage rolls out of the ring, and in a desperation move, drags Joe's legs, crutching him on the steel ring post in Joe's third low blow of the match! Cage climbs back into the ring and stomps on Joe a couple of times, before using the ropes as a means to jump up and slam his feet down hard into Joe's chest. Cage pulls Joe out and covers, but the Samoan is able to kick out at two. Cage lifts Joe up and attempts his second Unprettier, but Joe shoves Cage into the turnbuckle, spinning him around and lifting him up onto the top to attempt a Muscle Buster. Cage fights back with some jabs, but Joe shuts him up with another stern chop across his already red raw chest. Joe lifts Cage up for the Muscle Buster but is stopped in his tracks with a brutal Yakuza Kick from Tomko! Joe drops Christian and falls to the floor, as Tomko looks down at the steel toe capped boots on his feet. Referee Mark Johnson calls for the disqualification as Tomko stands above the fallen Joe...

Result: Samoa Joe defeated Christian Cage by disqualification [21:40] [b+]

Samoa Joe lays on the floor motionless, as his attacker; Tomko stands above him with a smirk on his face. Meanwhile; Christian Cage begins to climb, groggily to his feet, blood covering his face as he looks up at his Problem Solver; reunited after almost two years! Tomko lifts Joe up to a standing position; even though Joe is in no state to be standing as Christian climbs onto the top rope and hits a beautiful Reverse Tornado DDT on Joe, putting him down once more. Cage lifts Tomko's arm in victory; but stops as the look on his face changes from glee to ambition; Cage has an idea and he wants Tomko to help. Cage orders Tomko to get down and count as he stands above Joe and places his foot on his chest. Tomko counts quickly; One... Two... Three, and Cage looks even happier! Cage jumps to his feet, celebrating like he's just won the World Series as Tomko hoists Cage up onto his shoulders to celebrate Cage's 'pinfall' on Samoa Joe!

Following the Cage/Joe match, we go backstage where Raven sits, decked out in his white suit, white shirt, white tie combo; looking more like a preacher than the usual Raven. He is surrounded by three men in triangle formation around him; covered by huge red hoods and cloaks. Raven says he's proud of what the New Movement has accomplished tonight; not the match that his "droogs" won tonight; but what happened before Turning Point; the words that were said and the names that were thrown. Raven said that phase two of his masterplan was in full operation, and that by the end of tonight phase three would be ready to go. Raven said that tonight was not just about winning the NWA World Title, but bringing one of wrestling's biggest names to his knees. With this, Raven removed the hood of his first droog; TAFKA Bentley; who had his face painted like Sting circa 1990. Raven said tonight was not just about fulfilling destiny, but fulfilling prophecies; before removing the hood of the second droog; TAFKA Devine who had his face painted like Sting in his red and black days. Raven followed up by saying tonight was not just about the gold that would be around his waist come the end of the night, but also the blood that would drench his hands; and it was with this he removed the third and final hood; showing the third and final droog; TAFKA Kazarian in full current day Sting make-up. Raven smirked as the three droogs replaced their hoods; before standing up and turning to face Raven and chanting in their triangle formation; much like they had at the start of the night. Raven himself then stood up before lifting up a fourth red cloak and holding it out. Raven said the New Movement was coming to an end tonight; and that the full prophecy would be filled in 2007. Raven laughed as the cameras faded out.

Match Eight

TNA X-Division Championship

Christopher Daniels =X= v AJ Styles

It was time for the secondary Main Event; the latest match in the long running rivalry of AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels; the match had happened numerous times before, and both men had been able to pick up victories over the other; this wouldn't be the first time they contested over the X-Division Title either. But that didn't stop it from being one of the hottest matches on the card; and one that the crowd couldn't wait for. First out was the challenger; "The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles, the first TNA Triple Crown Champion, and a former Mr. TNA; his reaction was mixed; due to his recent heel turn. As he reached the ring, out came the current, reigning and defending X-Division Champion; "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Daniels came down to the ring, the X-Division Title hung around his shoulder. Daniels climbed into the ring and began a stare down with AJ, with neither man moving for a few moments. Daniels outstretched a hand to his former tag team partner; but AJ refused and just looked on, his eyes transfixed on the X-Division Gold.

As the bell rang and the match started, the two tied up; and they showed exactly why they'd been booked together so many times with a great show of chain wrestling, with neither man being able to get the upperhand for the first three minutes of action! It started with an Irish Whip from Styles, only to have it reversed into a Hammerlock by Daniels, which in turn was reversed into a German Suplex, which saw Daniels able to flip 360 degrees and just continue the fight. Daniels hit a couple arm drags, but was caught off guard by a Hurracanrana attempt, which like the German Suplex, he just rolled out of; springboarded and came back with a missed Elbow; AJ went for a standing Moonsault, but Daniels rolled out the way; forcing Styles to fall face first on the mat; but Daniels still couldn't get the momentum, rebounding off the ropes and being met with a Drop Toe Hold from Styles, who jumped into a headlock, only for Daniels to make his way to his feet, Irish whip AJ into the ropes and attempt a Powerslam, only for AJ to Cartwheel out of it, Springboard and Moonsault over Daniels, attempting an Inverted DDT, only for Daniels to twist out and attempt a Enziguiri; but the Phenomenal One scouted it and ducked, before spinning Daniels round and hitting a Discus Elbow, and getting the upperhand for the first time in the match. AJ went for a quick cover, getting a one count before Daniels kicked out and got back to his feet. Further chain wrestling occurred, with Daniels actually managing to hit some forearms, before whipping AJ into the ropes and attempting a Sidewalk Slam; but AJ reversed it, flipping round backwards and pulling Daniels up for a Sidewalk Slam of his own, but Daniels was able to wiggle his way out, whip AJ once more and hit a dropkick sending AJ to the floor.

Daniels attempted a pinfall following the dropkick, but AJ was able to kip-up into a Hurracanrana, sending Daniels under the bottom rope and out of the ring. AJ scouted Daniels and rebounded off the ropes, coming back to hit a No Hands Plancha over the top rope and into Daniels, taking both men out onto the floor. AJ got to his feet first, and the fight resumed, with both men exchanging blows. Daniels jumped up to the apron, kicking back to push AJ away before hitting an Asai Moonsault on Styles, taking his challenger down onto the floor. Daniels jumped straight back to his feet, before climbing back into the ring and waiting for Styles; who used his agility to springboard and take Daniels by surprise with a Superman Elbow which got a quick one count. As both men got to their feet; Daniels whipped AJ again, this time pulling him up for a Death Valley Driver; but AJ had it scouted, dropped off the back and hit a lungblower on Daniels; this time covering for a two-count. AJ rebounded off the ropes and came back, hitting Daniels with a knee drop to the head, before rolling back into the ropes and coming straight back for a second one. AJ pinned Daniels again, once again only getting a two before Daniels reversed the momentum and got his own pin of AJ. AJ kicked out by reversing into his own pin again, this time not getting more than a one, following this pin, both men rolled out and to their feet where they came eye to eye for the first time since the start of the match.

Both men stopped momentarily in a stare-down, causing the crowd to begin a "This! Is! Awesome!" chant before the match could begin again. AJ went for a standing Lariat, but it was ducked by Daniels who responded with an STO, putting Styles down on the mat; and getting a cover for two. AJ kicked back up, and attacked Daniels with a short flurry of forearms, sending him into the corner, before hitting a couple of weak European Uppercuts and finishing off with a Flapjack Facebuster. Daniels fell to the floor as AJ hopped up onto the turnbuckle, and as Daniels got to his feet; AJ flew from the turnbuckle attempting a Double Axe Handle; but Daniels instead countered with a mid-air dropkick to AJ's ribs, sending AJ rolling out to the floor. Daniels waited for AJ to get up before hitting a Plancha over the top rope and onto his opponent, but AJ caught Daniels and hit a Fall Away Slam, sending him into the steel guard rail. AJ refused to slap hands with a few fans, instead just lifting Daniels up and sending him back into the ring. AJ got into a small confrontation with a fan before jumping onto the apron and springboarding, but the fan distraction gave Daniels time to recover and hit another mid-air Dropkick, this time sending AJ straight out of the ring and back-first into the guard-rails causing another round of "This Is Awesome" chants! Daniels climbed onto the turnbuckle and hit the Best Moonsault Ever from inside the ring to outside in a beautiful, yet insanely crazy spot!

Both men took their time getting to their feet, but did so at almost the same time; they then followed each other back into the ring and to their feet where they exchanged groggy right hands, Daniels got the upperhand with a few chops, before spinning behind AJ and hitting a backbreaker that made AJ scream in agony. Daniels attempted another BME, but AJ was able to roll out the way; but Daniels somehow managed the full 360 degree rotation, landing on his feet; only to be met with an extremely desperate Pelé Kick from AJ. Referee Rudy Charles began a 10 count for a double count-out. Both men got to their feet around 'eight', and the fight somehow continued once more. This time AJ got the upperhand, hitting a few knees to Daniels gut before pulling him up for a Styles Clash, but Daniels rolled out and rebounded off the ropes coming back for a Bulldog, but AJ just shoved Daniels off, forcing him to land hard on his backside, and giving AJ the opportunity to boot Daniels hard in the back, before almost jumping to the top rope for a Spiral Tap. AJ launched himself off just as Daniels moved, and AJ felt the true meanings of the words "Nobody Home", this gave Daniels the full advantage, and the Fallen Angel lifted AJ up, just to drop him back down with the Angel's Wings. Daniels covered; One... Two... Three, and Daniels was victorious!

Daniels jumped up celebrating, before being handed the X-Division Title as AJ began to recover and look on in shock! AJ started to throw a tantrum, slamming his fists on the mat and drawing attention to himself. Daniels stopped him and helped him to his feet, before advancing his hand just like had done before the match. This didn't amuse AJ though, and the former X-Division Champion just looked pissed off. AJ slapped Daniels hard across the mouth and left the ring; leaving him the message that he wasn't done just yet!

Result: Christopher Daniels defeated 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles by pinfall. Christopher Daniels retains the TNA X-Division Title [16:43]

Match Nine

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Abyss =O= v Sting v Raven

It was finally time for the main event; and what a main event it was lined up to be; Abyss, Raven and Sting, one on one on one with Abyss' NWA World Heavyweight Championship. First out was Raven, sans entrance music but being followed closely by his three nameless 'droogs'. Raven stopped at the bottom of the ramp; turning round to face his droogs, before bowing to them as a sign of respect and climbing into the ring. Next out was Sting to a thunderous ovation from the crowd. Sting made his way to the ring, baseball bat in hand as Raven looked on intently. Sting was stopped at the bottom of the ramp by the droogs, who demanded Sting bow to them before being allowed into the ring, but the ring veteran just shoved the centre droog aside and climbed into the ring. Finally came the NWA World Heavyweight Champion; "The Monster" Abyss with his manager "Father" James Mitchell. Abyss made his way to the ring, climbing in to face his two challengers for his title as the match started.

The three men began by circling each other, none wanting to jump the gun and start the violence that was sure to commence. After a while Sting jumped to Abyss, only to be shoved back by Raven, who knocked Sting into the corner and attacked with a few knee lifts, before dropping him down to a seated position and continuing the attack with punches to the head. Raven turned to see Abyss just watching, before stepping aside and allowing Abyss a piece of Sting. Abyss attacked, running to the corner with a strong boot to Sting's face; only to be Axe Handled by Raven; who attacked with a few jabs to the face, before hitting a discus jab sending Abyss a few steps back; Raven repeated the jab-jab-jab-discus jab routine a second time before realising it would take more to get the huge Abyss off his feet. Raven tried for a third time but was grabbed by the throat by Abyss who lifted him up and sent him over the top rope into the Droogs below, leaving Abyss and Sting in the ring. Sting got to his feet and started to brawl with Abyss with the two trading blows, only for Abyss to get the upperhand, lifting Sting up by the throat with both hands and dropping him back down into the turnbuckle, before charging him with a running splash. Sting fell face first to the floor as Abyss focused his attentions back to Raven, who had just recovered outside the ring. Abyss climbed out of the ring and exchanged a few blows with Raven as the Droogs watched on, before attacking Abyss and knocking him down to the floor in a 3-on-1 assault. Raven took this opportunity to climb back into the ring and attack Sting; who quickly overpowered Raven and got the upperhand, hitting him with a few weak rights before knocking him down the floor with a pretty solid Dropkick and covering for a two count.

Sting picked Raven back up, before throwing him into the corner and rushing him with a short arm clothesline; forcing Raven to rebound off the turnbuckle and get caught with a Single-Arm Bulldog from the Stinger. Sting covered again; but was dragged out of the ring by one of the hooded droogs, and a brawl erupted with Abyss and Sting taking down all three droogs before coming face to face with each other. Sting out-stretched his hand to Abyss to start to strike up an alliance during the match, but was attacked with a Baseball slide from Raven. Abyss then came to blows with Raven, grabbing him by the throat and launching him over the steel barricade and into the crowd. Abyss climbed over the barricade; stalking Raven, who pushed himself away before picking up a chair and throwing it at the Monster; who just pulled the chair close to him and smashed it onto the ground before attempting to his Raven with it, but the former NWA World Heavyweight Champion used his experience edge to catch Abyss by the legs and take him down with a drop toe hold; forcing him to land head first onto the chair onto an unfolded chair. Raven jumped to his feet and pulled Abyss back before calling for the area to be cleared and hitting a bulldog over three different chairs. Raven then left Abyss down on the floor and climbed back over to ringside; where he attacked Sting who was once again busy with the Droogs. Raven called for the Droogs to "get some wood", and they complied, pulling out a table from under the ring and setting it up. Sting and Raven then brawled outside the ring, with neither man getting a full advantage until Sting used the table to his advantage; smashing Raven's head against it before pushing him back into the barricade. Sting went to attack, but once again Raven hit a Drop Toe Hold; forcing Sting's neck hard down into the barricade. Raven then dropped to one knee; removing part of his shoelace and wrapping it around Sting's neck before tugging hard; forcing the air out of Sting. Raven would have had Sting KO'ed there and then, but was blindsided by Abyss who had recovered to smash Raven hard across the back with a steel chair before talking to James Mitchell and getting his bag of trademark tacks!

Abyss poured the bag of thousands of tiny tacks into the ring before leaving again and grabbing Raven by the back of the neck. Abyss threw Raven into the ring, before attempting to choke toss Raven into the tacks; but the more experienced Raven kicked Abyss in the gut and pulled him up for a Piledriver onto the tacks; only to drop him down to his feet and quickly roll out of the ring to attack Sting again. The three droogs stepped over to Raven; looking at him confused by Raven's decision not to destroy Abyss. Raven ignored the droogs and continued to fight Sting; knocking him down with a Short Arm Clothesline before being attacked by Abyss with a shoulder tackle. Abyss went to pull Raven up again; only to get low-blowed and put down onto the floor. Raven then continued to focus his attention on Sting; throwing him onto the table before climbing on himself and attempting to hit his Evenflow DDT; only to be thrown off with a back body drop by Sting; who hopped back off the table; picked Raven up and threw him back into the ring. Back in the ring and the two men brawled, this time with Sting getting the upperhand; pulling Raven up and hitting a Scorpion Death Drop on the former NWA World Heavyweight Champion; only to be dragged out of the ring a second time by the Droogs when he attempted a pin. Sting brawled with the three members of the New Movement; but was soon taken down due to the numbers game; only to be saved by Abyss; who came to the aid with two big boots and an Belly to Belly Suplex. Abyss helped Sting to his feet, shaking his hand; only to instantly turn on him due to the wishes of James Mitchell and hit Sting with a brutal Black Hole Slam on the outside of the ring. Abyss then climbed back into the ring, picking up Raven, only to be kicked in the gut again, before receiving a nasty Evenflow DDT onto the tacks.

Both Raven and Abyss recoiled in pain from the tacks; with Abyss transferring the pain to momentum, getting to his feet and almost going crazy; throwing Raven from one side of the ring to the other; before attempting a Black Hole Slam; Raven countered it though, ducking Abyss grab attempt and rebounding off the ropes with a Bulldog; once again into the tacks! Abyss recoiled once again; but was caught by Raven who dropped him down with a second Evenflow DDT. Raven could have won right there; but to more confusion from the droogs neglected to attempt the pin; instead rolling out of the ring once more. Raven conversed with the Droogs; who instantly calmed down and allowed for Raven to search under the ring; pulling out a garbage can and lid, which Raven used to smash over the head of Sting; who was just recovering; forcing the former WCW star to tumble backwards and back onto the table. two of the Droogs held Sting down onto the table; as the third one climbed into the ring and onto the top rope. The third droog (TAFKA Matt Bentley) launched himself off the top rope; only to eat wood as Sting wrestled his way off the table and out of the impact. Sting climbed back into the ring; filled with a sudden urge of energy. Sting threw Raven into the turnbuckle; before hitting him with a beautiful Stinger Splash, knocking Raven down to the floor before locking in the Scorpion Death Lock. Raven was milliseconds from tapping; but was taken down by Abyss; who grabbed him by the throat; attempting a Chokeslam onto the tacks; only to be kicked in the gut by Sting; thrown into the turnbuckle next to the tacks; and hitting him with his second Stinger Splash of the match; before pushing Abyss down face first into the tacks; making the monster recoil from the pain for a third time!

Sting taunted for a moment, before being attacked by a groggy Raven. who attempted a few weak punches; only to have them countered each time. Raven Irish whipped Sting; but was taken down by a flying shoulder block from the Stinger; who continued to taunt; only to be blindsided by two of the three Droogs; who hit him with a few nice moves; only to be put down by punches and clotheslines. Sting then focussed on one of the droogs; knocking him down three times before pulling him up and hitting his second Scorpion Death Drop of the match; before locking in his second Scorpion Death Lock. The droog (TAFKA Johnny Devine) screamed and tapped in pain as the other droog grabbed Sting's trademark Baseball Bat and attempted to use it against its owner. But Sting had it scouted; letting go of the Death Lock and shaking his finger at TAFKA Kazarian. Sting attempted to attack the droog; but was caught off guard by Raven; who spun him round and hit his Evenflow DDT. Raven struggled to pin Sting; but did so; only to have the mysterious Stinger kick out at 2! Raven and Sting struggled to get to their feet; before struggling to put up a constant fight against the other; both of them having to take breaths before fighting. Meanwhile Abyss got back to his feet; before taking both men down with a Double Clothesline, Abyss then attempted to attack Raven; but the former ECW superstar shouted at Abyss; telling him to attack Sting instead. Abyss didn't listen and grabbed Raven by the neck. Meanwhile; the three Droogs began to recover, and started to take a triangle formation in the ring. Abyss pulled Raven up for the Chokeslam, but stopped immediately as he heard the three Droogs chanting. Abyss released Raven, who backed into the corner with a smirk on his face as Abyss grabbed Sting by the throat and Chokeslammed him in the centre of the ring. Abyss; still listening to the chanting then dropped to his knees and covered Sting. 1... 2... 3... Abyss had won.

Following his victory; Abyss got to his feet and continued to look at the three droogs; who were still chanting. Raven grabbed the NWA World Heavyweight Title from ringside and passed it to Abyss who lifted it high above his head as his manager and controller; James Mitchell also climbed into the ring. Mitchell lifted Abyss arm; but Abyss was still listening to the chants. Then, under Raven's command; Abyss grabbed Mitchell by the throat; before throwing him down; delivering another Chokeslam. Raven then commanded Abyss to lift up Sting. Abyss did so, and still under Raven's command; Abyss lifted Sting up and hit a vicious Black Hole Slam with 2 rotations. Raven laughed as Abyss growled into his championship and Turning Point went off the air!

Result: Abyss defeated Sting and Raven by pinfall. Abyss retains the NWA World Heavyweight Championship [20:39] [b+]

End Transmission

Edited by O!

I haven't had a chance to read this before so i'm glad that it was a PPV i read, The Paparazzi segment before the match just made me laught like mad it was actualy like i was reading a promo that was written for them so i have to say well done on that i'm a huge mark for The Paparazzi's...anyway onto the PPV itself excuse me if i don't review all the matches but they were all good.

Petey Williams with two strong win's over Robert Roode sounds and is a lot like Russo's style of play but i think in the second match Roobe managed to claim some heat back with the second match being lost by Dq also it seem's LAX did well at Turning Point i can see The Briscoe Brothers as future tag champions just not yet so i was happy that LAX managed to retain them same with the Main Event Abyss is a good World Champion and i'm pleased your keeping the belt on him, i thought Kurt might win the match with Rhino but it was a good match and a great read very well written also Samoa Joe getting a DQ win over Christian manges to place heat on both guy's which should make a pretty good re-match.

I think that's all i may edit it if i need to add more lol a very good diary i like how it's written too, keep up the good work man also you should be happy with it i can tell you spent a long time writing it take care and great PPV.

GrappleFanatics.jpg

Turning Point News & Notes

www.GrappleFanatics.net

The results for TNA Turning Point are as follows:

• The New Movement d. Norman Smiley, Shark Boy & Eric Young
  • Petey Williams d. Robert Roode
    • Following the match, Roode requested a rematch; which Petey won by DQ
  • Paparazzi Productions d. Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal
  • Konnan d. Jim Cornette in a Strap Match
  • LAX d. Team 3D, The Briscoe’s & America's Most Wanted
    • LAX retain the NWA World Tag Team Titles
  • Kurt Angle d. Rhino
  • Samoa Joe d. Christian Cage
    • The match was won by DQ after the debuting Tomko attacked Samoa Joe
  • Christopher Daniels d. AJ Styles
    • Daniels retains the TNA X Division Title
  • Abyss d. Sting and Raven
    • Abyss retains the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Backstage Turning Point was seen as a great success, with little filler; and most of the feuds that went into Turning Point seem to be coming out of Turning Point even stronger.

Everyone seemed extremely pleased with how the Konnan / Cornette match went down, making Konnan look extremely strong and possibly allowing the LAX to turn face down the line. The current plan for LAX is to continue their feud with Team 3D; ending with a Tables match next month; however, with the positive fan reactions that all three members of LAX got last night; it's possible they could move on to face a heel team; possibly the Paparazzi or the Naturals; even though neither team are seen as on the same level yet by agents backstage. Some key figures backstage are against turning LAX at this point, citing that their work over the past few months as heels has been one of the best parts of TNA; and turning them could backfire, ruining their momentum and effectively ending one of the best teams in TNA right now. The proposed ideas of adding Senshi to the group has been postponed, but could still happen.

There are plans to continue the foursome feud between Christian Cage, Samoa Joe, Rhino and Kurt Angle; as the feud is seen as one of the strongest feuds of TNA in 2006; and it could end with a fourth Monster's Ball match, despite only Rhino being known for his hardcore matches. The addition of Tomko into the Cage / Joe section of the feud was made after Cage suggested it. Cage is said to be very close backstage with both Jeff Jarrett and Vince Russo; and has even been allowed into the select few (also consisting of Sting, Jim Cornette and Kurt Angle) who seem to have creative control over the direction of their characters. Cage requested Tomko being brought in alongside him; and TNA reportedly offered Tomko a lot of money to relocate to Florida and finish him commitments in Japan.

Abyss' turn at Turning Point was seen backstage as one of the strongest points of the show, as it came off extremely well both backstage and on TV. Future plans for the storyline and character are being kept firmly under wraps, similar to the level of secrecy Kurt Angle's debut was under; and it's believed that only upper management (that being Russo, Jarrett, Mantell and Carter) and the main four involved (Raven, Sting, Abyss and James Mitchell) know exactly the direction of the angle; and it's even been reported that Johnny Devine, Kazarian and Matt Bentley's roles in the angle were only revealed to them moments before their match that opened the show.

Although no plans are set in stone; a very tentative card for Final Resolution could see an X-Division Title rematch between Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles; Samoa Joe v Tomko; Kurt Angle v Rhino and LAX v Team 3D. There is nothing written in stone for the Main Event; although it looks likely that Abyss will be wrestling Sting again; this time with Raven in his corner. Although some of these matches do seem very likely; it would leave important stars such as Christian Cage and Raven without a proper match; so it's still very up in the air.

There have been a few plans laid down for a possibly Jeff Jarrett return in a face role; which he has been requesting since dropping the NWA World Title to Sting at Bound for Glory. However, with the heat Jarrett was getting before his departure; it would appear that he may have to save babies from a burning building just to dent the audience's very sour opinion of him. However, a face turn isn't totally out of the question, and one possible solution could be bringing him with a mega face, possibly Sting. There are few faces on the roster that Jarrett hasn't burned his kayfabe bridges with; so a large cover-up would be needed. But with Vince Russo in the chair; anything could happen.

Both Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal are expected to be kept off screen for a few weeks in order to have their gimmicks tweaked and changed. Management are said to be high on both men; and many believe that Jay Lethal could be the man who finally takes the torch from AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels as the front-runner of the X-Division in 2007. Both Styles and Daniels are now seen as credible main eventers; both only needing one more minor push in order to be bought as viable contenders for the NWA World Title; and so many are looking towards wrestlers like Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams and Senshi to become the top-dogs of the X-Division.

The reason Chris Sabin has been left off screen over the past few weeks is due to an injury he suffered in a match for the International Wrestling Cartel at the start of December. Sabin was wrestling John McChesney when he slipped and broke his ankle. Sabin will be off for 2-3 months; hopefully making a return by the end of February.

Former WWE announcer and 'executive assistant' Jonathon Coachman was backstage at Turning Point last night, possibly trying to secure himself a job at TNA. Coachman was released from the WWE last month after his contract expired and wasn't renewed. Reports say that Coachman was very friendly with Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett; even going as far as to watch the Main Event with them. Coachman also introduced himself to AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels before their match; putting them over as 'the future' of the business and even requesting autographs for his son. There is no 90 Day No Compete Clause stopping Coachman from working with TNA immediately, which means he could appear on TNA television as early as next week; even though no contract has as of yet been offered.

The winner of the Turning Point Prediction Competition was 1...2...Who, aka Nerf, who scored a respectable 11/15. We will be contacting him about his prize in the next few days. Well done to Nerf; and thank you to everyone else who entered; we hope you return next month for our Final Resolution competition. Cheers.

Monday, Week 4, December 2006

Impact.gif

OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKETV

X-Division Title Three-Way, a First Time Encounter and Much More!

This Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, the Turning Point backlash is in full force!

OLD TRICKS FOR A NEW MOVEMENT

"The Monster" Abyss retained his NWA World Heavyweight Title at Turning Point; and in doing so he aligned himself with Raven and The New Movement. Abyss even choke-slammed his controller; James Mitchell. This week Abyss will be initiated into the New Movement; but will it be as simple that; catch iMPACT! on SpikeTV to find out!

X-DIVISION TITLE TRIPLE THREAT

After beating AJ Styles cleanly at Turning Point to retain his X-Division Title; Christopher Daniels was on top of the world; but this week on iMPACT! on SpikeTV, Daniels won't have a chance to rest as he puts his X-Division Title on the line in triple threat action against AJ Styles and a man who proved his worth at Turning Point; Petey Williams. Can Daniels retain once more; or will the stacked odds prove his downfall?

FIRST TIME ENCOUNTER

For the first time ever; the Samoan Submission Machine; Samoa Joe will face off one-on-one against Christian Cage's problem solver; Tomko. It was Tomko's interference that got Cage DQ'ed at Turning Point; and following the match the monstrous Tomko even helped his top client to pin Joe in the middle of the ring! TNA will showcase the first meet between these two titans; only on iMPACT! on SpikeTV

LAX's NIGHT OFF

After Konnan humiliated and destroyed TNA Director of Authority; Jim Cornette and Homicide and Hernandez retained the NWA Tag Team Titles against three other teams; the LAX have been given the night off. But Jim Cornette will be in attendance; and he'll definitely have some choice words for all three members of the LAX. Catch iMPACT! on SpikeTV to see more.

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV - don't miss the aftermath to Turning Point

Impact.gif

TNA presents; iMPACT! on SpikeTV;

Thursday, Week 4, December 2006

A recap from Turning Point kicked off the show, and ran down the important factors of the last TNA pay-per-view of 2006. Of the highlights shown; Abyss turning on James Mitchell and retaining the NWA World Heavyweight Championship got top billing, along with Christopher Daniels retaining the X-Division Title over AJ Styles, the Latin American eXchange retaining their NWA Tag Team Titles and Samoa Joe being pinned post-match by Christian Cage after interference from Cage's 'Problem Solver'; Tomko. The video package ended with a hype graphic for the next pay-per-view; Final Resolution; the graphic focussing on Sting.

Following the excellent recap video; and Impact was on the air with TNA Director of Authority; Jim Cornette heading towards the ring complete with crutch, neck-brace and a large plaster covering the right side of his forehead. Cornette climbed cautiously into the ring; before kicking off the show by announcing that he was in so much pain after Turning Point; and that the last week had been "utter hell" for Cornette. However, this pain and anguish was nothing compared to the torture LAX would be put through in the next month! Cornette continued, saying that LAX leader; Konnan could have killed him at Turning Point, before announcing his 'retirement' from in-ring action. But with this chapter ending, a new chapter would begin; and Cornette was ushering in a new era of a more ruthless Jim Cornette; who'd stop at nothing to spill the blood of his enemies; and this was the reason he was booking LAX's 'departure' from TNA at Final Resolution. Cornette announced it there and then; the Latin American eXchange would defend the NWA World Tag Team Titles at Final Resolution in a Double Tables Elimination Match against the most experienced team on the TNA roster; Team 3D. Cornette said LAX weren't in attendance tonight, and that they wouldn't be in attendance next week; as they were on a tour of Puerto Rico; but Cornette had some tricks up his sleeve; and no matter where they were; they couldn't get away from Cornette's rage.

Following Cornette's promo and we go backstage with the Paparazzi Productions; Kevin Nash, Alex Shelley and Austin Starr. Nash said he was in tears at Turning Point when Shelley and Starr won; because he feels so close to them; like they're brothers. Nash said seeing them pick up the win reminded him of that time he "captured Hitler single handily and saved England in World War 2", because it was such a great success. Despite this, the two youngsters had a lot still to learn, but Nash would be there to teach them every step of the way. Nash said it was time for their first lesson; "the Legs-ecution". Nash pulled both Shelley and Starr closer; whispering to them his tricks of the trade; to which Shelley looked insanely perplexed and shocked; shooting back and declaring Nash a "son of a bachelor!". Starr looked a lot calmer; telling Nash he'd do his best to "fulfil his legs-acy"; this didn't impress Nash; who gently slapped Starr across the back of the head; proclaiming that only Nash was allowed "to make funny". Nash; still annoyed at Starr's attempts to out-pun him then pushed Starr and Shelley out the door; waiting for them to live before biting his thumb and keeping back the tears of joy and pride.

Match One

Paparazzi Productions v The Naturals

A very short match to open the in-ring action of Impact, as the two members of the Paparazzi Productions took on former NWA World Tag Team Champions; The Naturals. Given time and it could have been a great match; but it just reached the two minute mark; substituting great wrestling from four up'n'coming stars for a short burst of comedy and a possible split. The match started with Andy Douglas and Alex Shelley; first having a short burst of chain wrestling with lots of irish whips and failed attacks; only to have Shelley stop the rebounding Douglas in his tracks and slapping him hard across the face. Shelley then whipped Douglas into his corner, attacked with a Double Knee into the chest and tagged in Austin Starr; who marched around the ring, Bruiser Brody style before collapsing in the middle of the ring clutching at his leg. The match seemed to stop; with referee Andrew Thomas throwing up the X; and Andy Douglas breaking kayfabe to see what was wrong with Starr; who just possum'd it up and caught Douglas in a Small Package for a quick three count!

Result: Paparazzi Productions d. The Naturals [2:01]

Following the match; the Paparazzi Productions made a quick get-away; sliding out from under the ring and walking up the ramp; leaving The Naturals; Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens in the ring. Stevens looked pissed off at Douglas’ simple mistake; and the two started to have a war of the words in the centre of the ring; with Douglas trying to apologise; but Chase just shrugging it off and continuing to berate his partner. The argument ended with Chase shoving Douglas hard; forcing him to lose balance and land on his backside in the ring. Chase then shook his head and left the ring; walking silently up the ramp.

We cut backstage with former NWA World Heavyweight Champion; Christian Cage standing with his back to the camera. Cage’s ‘problem solver’; Tomko stood by Cage, his arms folded and an emotionless stare in his eyes. Cage fixed the black t-shirt he was wearing, pulling it down and straightening it before turning round and revealing his shirt which read in plain white lettering “I Pinned Joe”. Cage then proceeded to make reference to Greg Valentine and the 1970’s; asking Joe if he needed a “custom made mask for [his] fat head”. Cage then cut to the chase; saying that Joe was no longer a spectacle in TNA; and that he was losing momentum by the day. Cage said he may not have got the conventional win over Joe; but he did pin Joe’s shoulders to the mat for a three-count. Cage said he was now the only active roster member of TNA to never be pinned or made to submit; and that he should be NWA World Champion because of it. Cage said that after Tomko defeats Joe tonight, and further proves that Joe was nothing but “a lucky fatass”; he’ll have bigger fish to fry; and he’s coming straight for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship again.

Match Two

Samoa Joe v Tomko w/ Christian Cage

Another very short match; which proved to be the back-drop for a much bigger brawl. Despite this, both men proved their worth in the short time they had; both hitting some vicious strikes throughout the match. The match started with Joe and Tomko coming nose-to-nose with each other, before turning into a chop battle; which Joe started to dominate after five brutal chops across the chest. Tomko; realising he couldn’t win, threw off one of Joe’s chops and took the Samoan down with a short-arm lariat. The two then continued to brawl for an extremely intense two minutes; with neither man holding the upper-hand for long. Joe finally knocked the wind out of Tomko with a nasty open palm slap, before attempting to lock in the Coquina Clutch; only to be taken down by the interfering Christian Cage, who attacked with a spear. This led to Rhino charging out of the Impact Zone to chase Cage off; and the match fell apart and was declared a No Contest…

Result: No Contest following interference [3:19]

With the match between Samoa Joe and Tomko stopped dead in it’s tracks due to the interference from Christian Cage and Rhino; all sense of rules and regulations were lost; and the four men exploded in a two-on-two brawl; ending when Kurt Angle led the unlikely Briscoe Brothers out from the back to attack Joe and Rhino. Rhino and Joe didn’t stand a chance, with it now being five against two; but were leant a helping hand from another unlikely character; Jay Lethal. Lethal managed to Springboard and send Tomko out of the ring with a Dropkick, allowing for enough distraction for Rhino to Gore! Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe to throw Cage out over the top rope. The Briscoes - not wanting to try their luck against stacked odds left the ring to tend to Kurt, Christian and Tomko; and the five men backed up the ramp together, looking on as Rhino, Lethal and Joe held each other’s arms up in victory stance.

We cut backstage where NWA World Heavyweight Champion; ‘The Monster’ Abyss stands growling; as the camera zooms out we see he’s not in possession of his championship belt; instead, Raven holds it in his arms. The three droogs surround Raven and Abyss; once again in the triangular formation they were seen in throughout Turning Point. Raven focuses his interview on James Mitchell; opening by saying that ‘control is a fickle thing’, and that Mitchell’s control over Abyss has finally been over-ruled. Raven says he doesn’t like thinking about ‘brainwashing’, because he believes that every sane man is a master of his own destiny; but an insane man like Abyss? Raven says Abyss has been given too much power in the past, and that in order to keep a monster at peace; power has to be restrained by keeping a leash on a reign of terror and disorder. This, according to Raven, is the reason he’s used his droogs to deviate into the dark arts and keep Abyss at bay. Raven said he didn’t win the NWA World Title last night on purpose, because instead he wants to demonstrate how a monster should be kept; and he wants James Mitchell and Sting at ringside after the main event to witness it first hand.

Main Event

TNA X-Division Title

Christopher Daniels =X= v AJ Styles v Petey Williams

The main event of the night saw a triple threat for the X-Division Championship between three of the top dogs of the X-Division. Before the match began; however; Robert Roode came out from the back to join Don West and Mike Tenay on commentary; and providing an obvious distraction to Petey Williams; whom he had come to blows with at Turning Point. The match was pretty long for an Impact match, but it allowed for all three men to get some great offence in; and all three looked like viable winners at one point in the match. The match started with all three men exchanging blows; with AJ getting the upperhand with a beautiful dual Dropkick on both men. The three continued chain wrestling for a couple minutes until Daniels got the firm upperhand, hitting both men with Exploder Suplexes; before following up with a second set of Exploders on both men; but Daniels could get no more than a two-count on either man. It was then up to Petey to get the upperhand, hitting Leg-Lariat’s on both men, but similar to Daniels only getting a two-count. The match continued like this for several minutes, with the momentum switching between the three men constantly, but without anyone getting a pinfall until the 7th minute when Petey managed to build the momentum to hit a AmeriCanadian Destroyer on AJ Styles; only the be dragged out of the ring by Robert Roode when he attempted the cover. This prompted Daniels to hit a BME on Styles; getting a two count before AJ found the ropes with his foot. Daniels attempted to keep the momentum in his favour; pulling AJ up and attempting an Angel’s Wings; only for the Phenomenal One to counter it with a back body drop and quick pin attempt; but AJ was dragged out of the ring by Petey and thrust into the brawl between the former stable mates. AJ was able to knock Petey down with an Asai Moonsault; before attempting to dive back into the ring with a Superman Elbow to Daniels; only to be caught off guard by Daniels; who brought AJ down hard to the mat for a Faceplant. Daniels covered; but only got a one. Daniels attempted a BME; but was caught by Bobby Roode who pushed Daniels off the turnbuckle; before throwing Petey back into the ring with AJ. AJ and Petey brawled for a moment, with Petey attempting a second AmeriCanadian Destroyer; but AJ rolled right thru, only to be caught with a School Boy from Petey. AJ rolled straight thru and kicked Petey in the chest before pulling him up and hitting a desperate Styles Clash; quickly pinning Petey for the three-count and to regain the TNA X-Division Title!

Result: AJ Styles d. Christopher Daniels & Petey Williams to win the X-Division Title [11:30]

Following the match a video package aired; with a very unlikely figure on the screen; Jonathon Coachman! The former WWE announcer and authority figure was standing in a plain white room with white backdrop. Coachman said he’d had his eye on TNA since its 2002 inception; but thought that it was missing the glitz and the glamour that would really cement it as a force to be reckoned with. Coachman said he’d seen the future in TNA; but felt it needed one final shove to really prove its worth in the world of sports entertainment. Coachman felt it needed one final push into the Sports Entertainment Xtreme. Coachman then announced he would lead the TNA revolution in 2007; and that anyone could either join the fight, or join the missing-in-action.

After the semi-cryptic announcement, Impact returned to the ring with NWA World Heavyweight Champion; Abyss, his new ‘controller’; Raven and the three droogs. Raven said it was time to kiss goodbye to the New Movement; and usher in the new year with a different lease on life. Raven said he’d commissioned for the following events to happen; but he just needed James Mitchell and Sting at ringside to witness it. Sure enough; James Mitchell appeared, walking down to ringside; but there was no sign of Sting. Raven said Mitchell would do; before putting Mitchell over as a worthy advisory; and a man he respected just as much as he loathed; however, despite Raven’s respect for Mitchell, he made his feelings known; telling Mitchell that he’d made a grand mistake in allowing Abyss to get as powerful as he did. Raven then turned his attention to Raven, demanding the monster to hand him the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. At first, Abyss refused; grabbing Raven by the throat and screaming at him; but then, just as it had happened at Turning Point; the three droogs formed the triangle, and Abyss released the choke, dropped to his knees and handed Raven the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Raven then looked down at Mitchell with a smirk, before grabbing Abyss round the neck and dropping Abyss with an Evenflow DDT. Raven then got back to his feet and held the NWA Gold high above his head until the lights dropped, and the Impact Zone was smothered in darkness. After a few seconds the lights came back up; with all three droogs, Raven and Abyss laid out on the floor, and Sting standing at the top of the ramp with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship held high above his head. Impact went off the air with Abyss slowly climbing to his feet and roaring as he looked up at Sting holding the NWA World Championship at the top of the ramp…

End Transmission

GrappleFanatics.jpg

TNA News & Notes

www.GrappleFanatics.net

The results for Impact (Week 4, December, 2006) are as follows:

• Note: No matches were tapped for Xplosion; as it was used instead to recap 2006.
  • Paparazzi Productions d. The Naturals
  • Samoa Joe v Tomko ended in a No Contest
    • The match was declared a No Contest after interference from Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, Rhino, The Briscoes and Jay Lethal
  • AJ Styles d. Christopher Daniels =X= and Petey Williams
    • AJ Styles becomes the new TNA X-Division Champion.
The biggest news from Impact was Jonathon Coachman's appearance; prophesizing the return of Sports Entertainment Xtreme to TNA in 2007. The current plan is for it to be different than the original incarnation; and instead of having one big stable fighting against all faces; there will be 'tiers' of wrestlers; the main tier obviously being full time members whilst lower-down wrestlers will be brought in to assist Coachman. The idea was originally going to be used back in 2005 by the Kings of Wrestling; Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall; but was soon nixed by Dixie Carter due to its similarity to the nWo; and the fact there was only two years separating the original angle. The full stable is expected to start sometime in January; possibly by Final Resolution; however, the potential members for the stable are still, as-of-yet unknown.

The decision to drop the X-Division Title to AJ Styles in a three-way rather than at Turning Point was made in order to help continue the feud with Christopher Daniels. It's thought that on screen AJ has been the one to always come out longer the better of the two, and with Vince Russo wanting both men to join the main event scene by springtime; he wanted to make them seem much more level in terms of wrestling ability. It's believed the two will have a rematch at Final Resolution; with the winner dropping the title sometime after; allowing both men to take the final leap into the Heavyweight division.

The split that was teased between the Naturals on Impact is reported to be the beginning of a full-time split; in order to push the two separately in the X-Division. Since losing the NWA Tag Team Titles in 2005; The Naturals have pretty much been lost in the shuffle; with no real direction, with the exception of the short-lived Shane Douglas angle that was dropped early last month. Although neither of them are expected to set the world on fire in singles competition, it will give two new wrestlers to the X-Division; which has seemed to lack any real substance in its lower-tier.

Aligning The Briscoes with Kurt Angle on Impact was actually the idea of Kurt Angle himself. Kurt had been extremely impressed by the work of both men, and discussed the idea of forming a TNA version of 'Team Angle' using the Briscoes. From here; both Jay and Mark will work similarly to how the World's Greatest Tag Team worked in WWE; interfering on behalf of Angle whilst still heading towards the tag team championships. It's believed the Briscoes will definitely be tag team champions by springtime; as everyone backstage seems extremely high on them.

There are currently plans to turn former AMW manager; Gail Kim into a singles superstar for the X-Division, possibly culminating in a match with Jerry Lynn. Kim is a great wrestler in her own right, and with TNA lacking a Women's Division, many believe that talent such as Kim is being wasted. The X-Division's 'No Limit's slogan could also help to propel Kim into the fold; first getting berated by 'the guys' for wanting to wrestle them, but then proving her worth and facing the man who kickstarted it all; Jerry Lynn.

Samoa Joe is to protégé Jay Lethal on screen, similar to his character in ROH in 2005. Lethal and Joe are close backstage, and with Russo wanting to push Lethal as the next X-Division superstar; putting him with an accomplished X-Divisioner like Joe could really help him to look like a legitimate threat in the fans eyes. The plan is to have Lethal be the catalyst in the continuing Joe v Kurt Angle feud, with Joe coming to the rescue and gunning for Angle in time for February's 'Against All Odds' pay-per-view.

Monday, Week 1, January 2006

Impact.gif

OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKETV

NWA Title Situation addressed, First Time Encounter and more!

This Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, TNA welcomes in the new year with explosive action!

JIM CORNETTE ADDRESSES THE NWA TITLE SITUATION

After a controversial finish to the Turning Point main event; and an even more controversial finish to last week's Impact; TNA Director of Authority will address the NWA World Heavyweight Championship situation on iMPACT! Cornette also promises to announce the Main Event for Final Resolution; but what will it be? Catch iMPACT! on SpikeTV to find out!

TAG TEAM MAIN EVENT

With help from Robert Roode last week; AJ Styles was able to beat both Christopher Daniels and Petey Williams in triple-threat action to become the new TNA X-Division Champion. This week, AJ teams up with Roode to take on Daniels and Petey. Will Roode's underhand tactics prove to get the best of the X-Division stars twice in a row; or will Daniels & Petey get revenge?

KURT ANGLE v JAY LETHAL

iMPACT! on SpikeTV presents another first time encounter this week; this time with X-Division Superstar Jay Lethal going head to head with the Olympic Gold Medallist; Kurt Angle! Will experience prevail over youth and agility; or will Samoa Joe's protégé get a lethal upset? Whatever happens, it's sure to be an excellent match; only on iMPACT! on SpikeTV!

COACHMAN IN THE iMPACT! ZONE

Last week on iMPACT!, Jonathon Coachman announced he would be shaking things up in TNA in 2007. This week; the Coachman will be in attendance to scout possible talent for the return of Sports Entertainment Xtreme. Who will Coach have his eye on? Only iMPACT! on SpikeTV has the answer!

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV - don't miss the next stop on the road to Final Resolution!

Edited by O!

TP:

The New Movement going over was no surprise, and the 'celebration' at the end was a nice touch.

Surprised to see Williams go over Roode, and I wasn't really sure about Williams agreeing to the rematch so quickly. He just seems like an idiot for not seeing that coming, and I would've liked to have seen Roode try a bit harder to get Petey to agree to step back into the ring with him.

The Paparazzi's segment was brilliant, and like Lex said you could see that being an actual angle. Again, wasn't surprised to see Shelley & Starr go over, and I'd really like them to become a focal point of your shows.

I think Konnan winning was pretty much a given, but the way it went down was really, really well done. Cornette got just the right amount of offence in, so it wasn't a complete squash.

LAX retaining was good, although I think the Briscoe's/AMW's positions should've been swapped. I know the Briscoes are the new guys and are getting a bit of a push, just I just think AMW lost more than the Briscoes would have by losing so quickly (even though it wasn't clean).

The Angle/Rhino match went down exactly as it should've, Angle really couldn't have afforded to lose whilst Rhino still comes out looking strong.

Having Tomko cost Joe the match against Cage was a good way to debut the big man, I like Tomko/Cage as a team so I'm glad that you've decided to run with that. It'll be interesting to see how you continue this situation with Cage/Joe/Rhino/Angle, they're all brilliant workers so the four of them involved with each other has the potential to be gold.

I liked the Raven/Droogs segment, having the three wearing Sting make ups was a really good touch. I like the whole 'cult' thing you've got going with them, and a Raven push can only be a good thing.

I was actually really surprised to see Daniels retain, I thought Styles would nick the title and then continue the feud with Daniels chasing. Still, looks like it'll carry on into the next PPV, where I think Styles will win the gold.

And finally, the Main Event. Wow and damn, I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Abyss/Raven and the chants, but as long as Abyss keeps hold of the title all is well. I've never a massive fan of Sting so I'm really glad he didn't take the belt, although I'm slightly disappointed Raven didn't get the win. Still, it looks like he'll be a major part of the title scene for a while yet, which is as good as, really.

Overall it was a really good PPV, and there wasn't one thing where I just thought "man, what a waste of a segment."

More of the same please!