Xbox or Gamecube

Guest Hurricane

Xbox or Gamecube  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox or Gamecube

• Xbox
    • Gamecube

Guest Hurricane

For my birthday, my mum told me she would pay for half of a new system I wanted. I already have a PS2, which is why she is only going to pay for half. (She payed fully for the PS2).

I'm leaning towards an Xbox, because you dont have to pay $30.00 for a memory card, and you have a buttload of game-saving space. I also like that you can put music onto your Xbox and use it in certain games.

Plus, I'm more familiar with Xbox, since a few of my friends have them. I've only played a Gamecube once.

But anyway, if you were in my situation, what would you rather have?

Well, I'll go with the system I bought, Gamecube. There are a lot more awesome games, IMO, on Gamecube. If you like Nintendo's games than the Cube if the best choice. Plus, there are only a handful of games exclusive to XBox I would want. (Halo, Amped, Top Spin, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay, etc.) There are many more GCN exclusive title worth the money (Super Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil, Metriod Prime, etc.)

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Xbox is the much better system. I played both of them before diciding which one to get, and i picked Xbox hands down, not even having to think for over 30 seconds.

Gamecube is a useless piece of poo aimed at pre-teens (I don't care what Nintendo fanboys think, It IS a kiddy console!)

Is Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil kiddy games? I don't think so. Heck, some of Nintendo other games are rated Teen or above. (Metroid Prime, SSBM, etc.)

Also, name ten games exclusive to XBox that are great.

I can name at least ten for the Cube.

1. Metroid Prime

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee

3. Super Mario Sunshine

4. Viewtiful Joe

5. Eternal Darkness

6. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

7. Mario Kart: Double Dash

8. Star Wars: Rogue Leader

9. Starfox Adventures

10. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

It is true that it depends on your taste, but he has online play and mostof XBox's good games are on PS2 (GTA, True Crime, ESPN NFL Football, Splinter Cell 1 & 2, Madden & NCAA, the list goes on). [/rant]

EDIT: Also, if anyone mentions DOA: XBV or Outlaw Golf and Volleyball as good games, you deserve a slap to the face.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

XBox hands down. I have one, and I did have a Gamecube, and I like my XBox a hell of a lot more.

I will admit Cube is probably better for Platformers and RPG's (though XBox does have some very good games in both fields), but the 'Box is better for Shooters and sports games IMO. Its a matter of taste.

If you get an XBox, may I reccomed:

Halo (obviously! and I am looking forward to Halo 2 sooo much), Unreal Championship, and XBox generally has a tonne (and I mean a tonne, we are talking seemingly infinite) of awesome shooters, some I haven't played, Project Gotham Racing 2, Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic (awesome RPG), and many reccomend Ninja Gaiden. I got it on Saturday, but have hardly played it.

In response to ROC-REVOLT, I admit Nintendo provides fantasic support to the cube. With your ten games however i'd put Halo 2 over Metroid Prime any day of the week, Starfox advebtures stank, and Mario Sunshine was good, but overrated.

And it does kinda show my earlier point, that clearly the Cube does have the advantage with RPG's and Platformers (the sports games in your list are cartoonish 'kiddy' ones), whilst the XBox has the monopoly on Shooters and sports games. Its all a matter of personal taste, and myself being mainly a fan of shooters and Sports games prefer the XBox

Edited by timmayy

Guest Future Shock

It all depends on your tastes. The Gamecube, as Roc said, has absolutely FANTASTIC first party support. If you like Mario style games or some good non-online mutliplayer games, go for the Cube.

If you like FPS games, Sports games, or want to go online, go with the XBox.

For more adult games go X-Box. Nintendo don't allow great games like GTA, Halo, etc to be on the Gamecube as it likes it's squeaky clean image. X-Box does have these kind of games and has Halo exclusively which is worth buying an X-Box for anyways. And X-Box Live kicks ass.

For more games in general go Gamecube. Nintendo games always rawk. Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, etc, etc. Can go online as well I think.

I have GC, PS2 and XB and after Halo 2 comes out I'll favour them both equally...and probably sell my PS2. Both Gamecube and X-Box > PS2. Most good games that come out on PS2 are availiable on either of the other two anyways.

It depends on what you are after. If you want to go online or have the capabilities to do so then get an X-Box, if you want a system that offers something vastly different to a PS2 get the GC. In the end I see the PS2 and the X-Box as almost being one and the same. The GC offers a true alternative however.

Go with Gamecube, it has way better exclusives then XBOX. Come on would you rather play Project Gotham Racing and that stinking pile of shit that they call Halo over Resident Evil and the Legend of Zelda? I hated Gamecube before I played it but then I realizied it blows XBOX out of the water. Playstation still owns them all though.

Guest Future Shock

Um, Clawson, I don't mean to hate, but I really don't think bashing PGR2 and Halo is fair. They're great games, and so are RE and Zelda.

I love XBox for its XSN Sports series and XBL capability, and I love the Cube for the great first party games, AND F FUCKING ZERO. F Zero is one of the most ridiculous experiences in the world. They really got the sense you were going thousands of miles an hour down easily.

XBox for online,

GC for incredible first party games,

And PS2 if you want a larger thing for RPG's and a decent online experience.

XBOX

Gamecube is a useless piece of poo aimed at pre-teens (I don't care what Nintendo fanboys think, It IS a kiddy console!)

Mmmhmm. Yyyyyeaaaaah. Okay.

I'll just take my wonderful collection of "kiddy" games (Metroid Prime is SOOOOOOO for, like, ten year olds OMG and SMASH BROTHERS? You can totally play as Pikachu and Yoshi and as a big macho gamer I am totally opposed to that. *Rolls eyes.*).

I have nothing against the XBox (I could talk about how all it has is Halo and Live but that's almost as bad a cliche as saying that Nintendo is for little kids), but yeeeesh are people who spout this a bullshit annoying.