NWA:TNA -- Russo's Revenge!

Just for fun, I'm going to pick up an old diary of mine that I haven't touched in nearly a year. The game began in late January 2003 on EWR 2.0 using what was, at the time, the current version of RaveX data, which I believe was RaveX 10. So turn your clocks back nearly a year and a half, to a time when NWA: Total Nonstop Action had only been in business for about six months and was still facing an uncertain future.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NWA: Total Nonstop action was a company in a state of flux. Jerry Jarrett, the founder of the company, had sold a piece of the company to Panda Energy, and used that money to bring in several big-name stars. He even tried using some of Vince Russo’s ideas, but nothing either of them tried helped raise the company’s public image. Finally, it was decided that someone new, with fresh ideas, was needed. That was the situation that led to my hiring on February 1, 2003.

I suggested to Jerry that the present talent would hold us for a while and that we should build for the future by investing money on a training camp and a development territory instead of hiring expensive veteran wrestlers. An empty warehouse here in Nashville was bought and converted into training center, TNA: Training New Athletes. Jerry’s connections within the NWA helped us find a struggling promotion that was willing to serve as our development territory. Thus was created NWA Japan. Yes, it’s a long ways away, but it’s the best deal we could get with our limited budget. Needless to say, being sent to development will probably be more than a temporary assignment.

With these new tools at our disposal, several talents were signed to training and development deals. However, Jerry is big on continuity, so before anyone on the active roster could be sent to development, there had to be a reason for them to be gone for a long period of time. Scott Finkel was hired and placed in charge of NWA Japan. He’s a referee by trade, but for now he’s in charge of booking the development territory. Also, Ron Taylor was hired as the head trainer for TNA: TNA. Among the other staff members we hired are head medic Alex Chrichoton and Katy-Jayne Myers, a former World Wrestling Entertainment writer.

Not counting our free-agent signings, here’s what our active roster looks like today (faces in blue, heels in red, tweeners in black, all followed by their current over):

MAIN EVENT

Jeff Jarrett (85)

Ken Shamrock (80)

UPPER MIDCARD

Road Warrior Hawk (84)

Road Warrior Animal (80)

Ron Killings (75)

Curt Hennig (73)

Scott Hall (72)

Jerry Lynn (65)

B.G. James (70)

Low-Ki (65)

MIDCARDERS

The Amazing Red (45)

Jimmy Yang (38)

Jorge Estrada (29)

Brian Lawler (67)

EZ Money (54)

A.J. Styles (60)

Ron Harris (60)

Malice (58)

Don Harris (55)

Alan Funk (48)

Elix Skipper (45)

Sonny Siaki (45)

Slash (29)

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Chris Harris (42)

Joel Maximo (42)

Jose Maximo (42)

James Storm (40)

Kid Kash (56)

David Flair (66)

Lenny (60)

Brian Lee (52)

Cobain (34)

Ace Steel (20)

Cassidy O’Reilly (8)

Chase Stevens (8)

OPENERS

Quiet Storm (25)

Chris Divine (18)

JOBBERS

none

MANAGERS

Priscilla (26)

Trinity (16)

James Mitchell (33)

April (18)

Vince Russo (75)

Percy Pringle (70)

Mortimer Plumtree (44)

Belladonna (16)

Kim Neilson (15)

NON-WRESTLERS

Bob Armstrong (35)

TAG TEAMS {members} (experience)

Road Warriors {Road Warrior Hawk & Road Warrior Animal} (100)

The Harris Brothers {Don Harris & Ron Harris} (100)

The SAT {Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo} (70)

America’s Most Wanted {James Storm & Chris Harris} (40)

Divine Storm {Chris Divine & Quiet Storm} (35)

Hotshots {Chase Stevens & Cassidy O’Reilly} (35)

The New Church {Brian Lee & Slash} (35)

The Flying Elvis’ {Jorge Estrada & Jimmy Yang} (25)

Styles and Lynn {A.J. Styles & Jerry Lynn} (15)

TITLES (image) {current holder}

NWA World (65) {Jeff Jarrett}

NWA X (65) {Sonny Siaki}

NWA Tag Team (40) {The New Church}

Miss TNA (20) {April}

Now begins the challenge of turning NWA: TNA from what it is today into what it can become …

Edited by LoveMuscle

Tuesday, February 4, 2003

TNA XPlosion

Hosts: Jeremy Borash and Bert Prentice

Borash: Hello everyone, and welcome to TNA XPlosion! I’m Jeremy Borash, and joining me as usual is Bert Prentice. Bert, we have an unusual situation for us, as we don’t have any clue as to what we’re going to see tonight.

Prentice: I was hoping that you were given a format for tonight’s show, because I didn’t get one.

Borash: Wait, here comes commissioner Bob Armstrong, maybe he’s bringing us a format.

Prentice: Actually, Jeremy, that looks like a fishbowl he’s carrying!

Armstrong sets the fishbowl on the desk in front of Borash and picks up the microphone.

Armstrong: I’m sick and tired of all of Vince Russo’s SEX interfering in all the matches here, so I’ve come up with an idea. If Vince wants to run the show with his wrestlers and not the real superstars of TNA, then he’s going to have to earn it. Beginning tonight, every match will take on an added significance – every match will be a Loser Leaves Town match.

Borash: What?

Armstrong: That’s right, if you lose, you’re gone. In this fishbowl right here is the name of every wrestler in this company, including all of Russo’s SEX group. Vince, I hope I pull out two of your guys’ names, so at least one of them will have to leave. So let’s see who’s going to be in our first match tonight, shall we?

Borash: Well, OK, Bob, if that’s the way it’s going to be.

Armstrong: All right then here we go. Tonight’s first match will be … EZ Money! Damn, I was hoping for that no-good son of mine, B.G. James.

Prentice: So who is EZ Money going to face?

Armstrong: Let’s see … Oh no, it’s Malice!

EZ Money is already in the ring as Armstrong picks up the fishbowl and returns to the back, minus the two scraps of paper he left at the announcer’s desk.

OR: 57

(Bob Armstrong gained in over from 35 to 38.)

Malice comes out with James Mitchell, but instead of heading towards the ring, they walk over to the announcer’s table.

Mitchell: At last, the time for The New Church is at hand. Thanks to the short-sightedness and foolish actions of your commissioner, tonight will see the beginning of the end as you know it. Tonight, the biggest disciple of my Church, Malice, will send EZ Money’s career to an early grave.

OR: 50

(James Mitchell gained in over from 33 to 36.)

EZ Money vs. Malice (with James Mitchell): Money tries as hard as he can, using his speed advantage as good as he can, but Malice is just too big and strong. Malice dominates most of the match before finishing EZ Money with a Choke Slam.

Winner: Malice

OR: 64

CR: 55

MQ: 74

As James Mitchell leads Malice to the locker room, Bob Armstrong is out again with his fishbowl.

Armstrong: Well, so long, EZ Money, you had a good run here in TNA, and we wish you the best in all your future endeavors. Now, I really wanted SEX, but I didn’t get it, so why don’t each of you reach in here and see if you get lucky.

Borash and Prentice each pull a slip of paper out of the fishbowl.

Armstrong: Tell me who you got, Bert.

Prentice: I’ve got Kid Kash.

Armstrong: OK, you’re not going to get to pick again. Jeremy, you’d better have a member of SEX.

Borash: Check it out – I drew David Flair!

Armstrong: All right, we have a winner!

Kid Kash vs. David Flair (with Vince Russo): Russo talks trash to Armstrong as he walks to the ring. All throughout the match, Russo keeps going back and forth from ringside to the announcers’ desk to talk trash about Bob Armstrong. But in the ring, Russo’s man, David Flair, is getting a lesson in wrestling from Kid Kash. After a couple of near-falls, Russo realizes Flair is in trouble and jumps up on the ring apron. While Kash and the referee are distracted, Flair reaches into his tights and pulls out a chain! Kash turns around, and gets floored by a chain-assisted punch. Flair stuffs the chain back in his shorts and Russo hops off the apron. The referee turns his attention back to the match just as Flair begins to lock in the Figure Four Leglock. The ref checks Kash, but he’s still out cold, so he calls for the bell.

Winner: David Flair

CR: 59

MQ: 70

Flair and Russo celebrate in the ring, while referees and paramedics assist Kid Kash back to the locker room. Meanwhile, Bob Armstrong is out again with a smaller fishbowl.

Armstrong: Congratulations, Flair, you get to stick around a while longer. Now get out of the ring, your match is over. For our main event, I decided we’ll have a tag team match, and the losing team is gone. I’ll pull the first name – well, lookie here, I pulled the Harris Boys!

Russo goes nuts in the ring, then comes over to the announce position.

Russo: You cheated, Armstrong! You had the Harris Brothers’ name in your hand already when you walked out here!

Armstrong: Maybe I did, but that’s no concern of yours. You’d better get your guys ready for their match. Now, Jeremy, since you did so good last time, why don’t you pull a name out of here to see who’s going to be the Harris Boys’ opponent?

Borash: OK … it’s the Road Warriors!

Road Warriors vs. The Harris Brothers (with Vince Russo): Hawk and Animal charge in the ring and begin beating down the Harris Brothers while Russo feigns a heart attack at ringside, shouting about how unfair it all is. Eventually, the Harris Brothers gain the advantage, and land the H Bomb on Hawk – but he hops right back up, not selling the move! He tags in Animal, and the Harris Brothers get dominated. Don is sent to the floor, leaving Ron alone with the Road Warriors. Doomsday Device! Animal scores the pinfall, and the Road Warriors take off as the other members of SEX storm the ring.

Winner: Road Warriors

OR: 72

CR: 73

MQ: 71

Russo grabs the microphone as Armstrong comes out to the announcers’ desk, laughing.

Armstrong: Harris Boys, you’re out of here! I hope you enjoyed your stay!

Russo: Armstrong, I’m going to kick your ass for this someday! You may have cost me the Harris Brothers, but I’m going to cost you this whole damn company! How about this, Armstrong – next week, right here in this very ring, you and me fight in one of these Loser Leaves Town matches! And when I beat your old ass, you’re out of here and I become the commissioner! What do you say, old man?

Armstrong: Are you serious? You’re not a wrestler!

Russo: You forget I’m a former WCW World champion!

Armstrong: Is that so? All right, I’ll tell you what: Next week, you and I will fight. The winner will be the commissioner and the loser is gone. But if anyone of those men in the ring with you interfere in the match in any way, you’re gone.

Russo: If it means I get a chance to send your wrinkled ass back to the nursing home, I’m all for it!

OR: 84

(Vince Russo gained in over from 75 to 76.)

Rating: 0.76

Attendance: 1753

Best segment: Russo challenges Armstrong (84)

Worst segment: Interview with James Mitchell and Malice (50)

Best match: Road Warriors over The Harris Brothers (72)

Edited by LoveMuscle

Wednesday, February 5, 2003

EZ Money and Kid Kash, who lost their Loser Leaves Town matches yesterday, actually left town today. They were put on an airplane, heading for NWA Japan. There they can work on their charisma and get over more. The Harris Brothers, on the other hand, are gone. They cost too much money and have too little talent to keep around very much longer.

Also yesterday, Jerry Lynn was involved in a fight backstage. This comes as a total surprise to me, since Lynn is one of the veteran locker room leaders. Since this is his first incident, we’ll overlook it for now. However, there will be some retribution coming.

XPlosion airs at the same time as Ring of Honor’s High Impact TV, so I made the phone call to the Urban American Network. Our show is their top-rated program, so I asked them if they would consider moving the show so it doesn’t conflict with RoH. To my surprise, they granted my request and moved the show from late night to prime time. This raises their expectations for the show, and I assured them that not competing with another wrestling program would be beneficial, so long as they advertised the time change heavily before next week’s show.

TNA Total Nonstop Action

Hosts: Mike Tenay and Don West

The show begins with Bob Armstrong already at the announcer’s desk with Tenay and West, along with the two fishbowls and a paper bag.

Armstrong: Yesterday on XPlosion, I announced that every match would be a Loser Leaves Town match, figuring eventually all the members of Sports Entertainment Xtreme would be out of here. And I’m pleased to announce that the Harris Brothers are gone, out of here, see ya! I also have to announce that both Kid Kash and EZ Money no longer work here. But after the show ended, several wrestlers pointed out that not having time to prepare for a match with so much on the line really was a concern. So right now, we’re going to determine the matchups for tonight. Are you ready?

Tenay: Wait a minute, Bob, I have a question. You said everyone’s names are in these fishbowls?

Armstrong: That’s right, Mike.

Tenay: What happens then if you pull out a current champion?

Armstrong: I see what you’re talking about. OK, if a champion’s name is pulled, then we’ve got a title match. It wouldn’t be very good if a titleholder lost and took his belt with him now, would it?

West: That’s fine, but what’s in the bag?

Armstrong: Well, that’s how we’re going to determine the card for tonight’s show, Don. We’re going to have five matches, and I’m going to reach in this bag to determine what kind of match it’ll be, whether singles or a tag match. Then you and Mike will reach into the appropriate fishbowl to determine the participants. Now, yesterday’s winners – Malice, David Flair, and the Road Warriors – have been put back into the fishbowls. So are you ready? OK, here we go. Tonight’s show is going to start with … tag team match. Mike, Don, reach into this bowl and each one pull out a slip. OK, who do you have, Mike?

Tenay: I’ve got the Hotshots, Chase Stevens and Cassidy O’Reilly.

West: I’ve got Divine Storm.

Armstrong: OK then, our opening match is Divine Storm taking on the Hotshots. And our next match is … another tag match. So reach in that bowl again. Who’ve you got, Don?

West: America’s Most Wanted.

Tenay: I’ve got The New Church, Slash and Brian Lee. I guess we’ve got a Tag title match!

Armstrong: Yes, a Tag Team title match. OK, let’s see, this time it’s … singles match. So pick a name from that other bowl. Who’ve you got?

West: It’s Jimmy Yang!

Tenay: It’s the NWA X champion, Sonny Siaki! We’ve got former tag team partners facing off for the X title!

Armstrong: More importantly, we’ve got a chance to get rid of another member of SEX. OK, … singles match.

West: Let me go first … Elix Skipper!

Armstrong: All right, another member of SEX!

Tenay: Skipper’s facing Brian Lawler.

Armstrong: You’d better pay attention, Russo, you’re going to get a taste of what I’m going to give you next week. Tonight you could lose two more members of your group, and then you’re gone next week! Now, for tonight’s main event … singles match. Go ahead and pull those names out.

Tenay: I’ve drawn the World champion, Jeff Jarrett.

Armstrong: Who gets a shot at the World title, Don?

West: I don’t believe it – another member of SEX, Low-Ki!

Armstrong: OK, that’s tonight’s card. We’ve got three title matches, and a chance to get rid of three members of Sports Entertainment Xtreme! It should be a good night.

OR: 60

(Bob Armstrong gained in over from 38 to 39.)

Divine Storm (with Trinity) vs. Hotshots: The fans could care less about either team, so they have no interest as to who wins and who leaves the promotion. Too bad – it’s a fairly decent match, but the silent crowd killed the match dead. Chris Divine scores the pin on Cassidy O’Reilly after Divine Revelation.

Winner: Divine Storm

OR: 48

CR: 20

MQ: 76

Sonny Siaki is backstage with Kim Nielson. Fortunately, she lets Sonny do all the talking. Smart move. Anyway, it seems Jimmy Yang was the one responsible for all the times the Flying Elvises lost a match, so he expects that Yang will end up costing himself the match – and his job – this time as well.

OR: 70

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 45 to 47.)

NWA Tag Team title match: America’s Most Wanted vs. The New Church (with James Mitchell) ©: a fairly quick match sees the champions control until Brian Lee attempts an elbow drop on Chris Harris, but misses and hits Slash instead. How do you miss an elbow drop? Hot tag to James Storm. Slash is tossed out of the ring, and AMW double-teams Lee. Death Sentence! We’ve got new champions, and the old champions are now out of a job. Slash and Lee get into a shoving match, and James Mitchell leaves them to settle things between them. Nothing happens, however.

Winner: America’s Most Wanted

OR: 58

CR: 43

(The NWA Tag Team Titles gained in image from 40 to 42.)

Backstage, Vince Russo is standing with Elix Skipper. Russo complains how unfair it is to let the announcers pick out what the matches are going to be with someone’s career on the line. But he’s not concerned because he knows Sonny Siaki with successfully defend the X title and Low-Ki will win the World title, but right now he wants to talk about Elix Skipper’s match against Brian Lawler. All he ever hears is Lawler whine while chasing after his girlfriend, while all he ever hears is Prime Time kicking ass.

OR: 81

NWA X title match: Sonny Siaki (with Kim Neilson) © vs. Jimmy Yang: Great match, but what do you expect? These former tag partners know each other so well. This fast-paced, high-flying match – not anything unusual for an X-division match – seemed to be going in Yang’s favor, until Neilson trips him as he hits the ropes. He tries to pull her into the ring by her hair, but Siaki hits him first. That’s the perfect set-up for the Money Clip. After the pinfall, Neilson gets in the ring to celebrate with Siaki, but Yang knocks Siaki out of the ring, leaving her alone in the ring with him. He knocks her down to the delight of the fans, then climbs the ropes. Yang Time! Jimmy Yang may be out of a job, but at least he gaines a small measure of revenge.

Winner: Sonny Siaki

CR: 44

MQ: 85

(The NWA X title drops in image from 65 to 63.)

Jeff Jarrett is backstage. He’s not concerned that his title is on the line or that he could lose his job. Tonight is about one thing – getting rid of another member of SEX. He congratulates the Road Warriors for getting rid of the Harris Brothers, and now it’s his turn to step up to the plate and get rid of Low-Ki.

OR: 85

Brian Lawler (with April) vs. Elix Skipper (with Vince Russo): A pretty good match that sees Russo interfere quite liberally – when the referee isn’t looking, of course. Then Russo holds Lawler as Skipper charges – but misses! Russo is knocked to the floor, and Skipper is laid out. Lawler climbs to the top rope – Missile Dropkick, forget about it. Lawler wins, and Russo’s lost another wrestler!

Winner: Brian Lawler

OR: 67

CR: 56

MQ: 78

Now all the other members of Sports Entertainment Xtreme are out to beat down Lawler. It’s six-on-one, with Russo and Kim Neilson slapping April around and taunting her. I guess they weren’t happy about Lawler pulling off the upset victory. Finally the referees are able to get Lawler and April out of the ring.

OR: 69

Vince Russo’s got a microphone. He talks about Low-Ki winning the World title as the other members of SEX leave the ring. Eventually, Low-Ki and Russo are the only ones left. The interview continues to go nowhere, until Low-Ki takes the microphone from him and tells Jarrett that the time has come, so get out here now.

OR: 71

NWA World title match: Jeff Jarrett © vs. Low-Ki (with Vince Russo): Jarrett slides in the ring under the bottom rope and Low-Ki begins the assault. As the match continues, the cameras cut to the back, where security – at the direction of Bob Armstrong – is removing Elix Skipper from the building, since he no longer works here. Meanwhile, Russo is cheating every chance he gets, but Jarrett somehow remains in control. Stroke! Russo is on the apron, but Jarrett punches him to the floor. Low-Ki is up again – another Stroke! Russo isn’t able to make the save in time. The remaining members of SEX are out, but Jarrett escapes into the crowd before they can deliver another beating.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

OR: 78

CR: 76

MQ: 81

(The NWA World title has gained in image from 65 to 69.)

Rating: 2.00

Attendance: 1754

Best segment: Interview with Jeff Jarrett (85)

Worst segment: Divine Storm over Hotshots (48)

Best match: Jeff Jarrett over Low-Ki (78)

Are these just reposts?  Or is it back moving forward?  Or is being rebooked and rewritten?

TGC

Well, these shows from the beginning are reposts. Eventually I'll catch up to where I left off, and it will be all new from there.

I remember this. Good to have you back LoveMuscle.

I haven't really been anywhere -- just too busy to do much. I've noticed that a lot of diaries from EWB3 have been reposted here, and while moving files from one computer to another I discovered I still had this. I got around to reading it, and it brought back some fond memories. So I'm resurrecting this from the great diary graveyard.

I hope everyone enjoys it as much the second time around as they did the first time. I'll try to repost a few shows every day until I get caught up.

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

A lot has happened since last Wednesday, but I’ll talk about last week’s show first.

We wish The New Church and Hotshots good luck in the future. None of the four of them had the kind of talent we’re looking for in the future, and aren’t over enough to help us right now. Jimmy Yang, Elix Skipper, and Low-Ki have an awful lot of potential in the future, and if they get more over and improve their charisma, they have a bright future in this company. Hopefully they’ll take advantage of their opportunity in NWA Japan.

Someone who didn’t wrestle last Wednesday was Scott Hall. He showed up at the TNA Asylum too late for us to do anything with. And then, on Sunday, he showed up late again. We’ll overlook these incidents, much like Jerry Lynn’s, but we’ll keep a close eye on him.

As the market continues to fall, the WWE continues to cut talented performers. Several of them have been signed to development deals, and they’re looking forward to “sticking it” to their former employer.

TNA XPlosion

The show begins with Vince Russo at the announcers’ desk, wearing a neck brace and a sling on his right arm.

Russo: I hate to start a show like this, but I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news. Last Wednesday night, I was assaulted by Jeff Jarrett during his title match with Low-Ki. As you can see, I’ve suffered serious neck and shoulder injuries as a result of this attack. I went to the doctor today and asked, begged, pleaded with him to give me medical clearance to wrestle here tonight, because I know that even with my injuries I can still kick Bob Armstrong’s ass. But the doctors wouldn’t allow it. In fact, they said it would be at least ten days before I’ll be able to wrestle again. So I’m sorry, but you people are going to have to suffer with Bob Armstrong being around just a little while longer.

Priscilla (with Jorge Estrada) vs. Belladonna (with James Mitchell): Borash and Prentice remind the viewers that all the matches are Loser Leaves Town, and tonight the ladies of NWA: TNA find out they’re not immune to commissioner Armstrong’s rule. Terrible match, and the crowd doesn’t care. Too bad Russo wasn’t in charge, at least he’d make this a Bra & Panties match. Finally, this complete and utter waste of time comes to an end with a simple (and poorly executed) Dropkick from Priscilla.

Winner: Priscilla

OR: 27

CR: 31

MQ: 21

At this point, Bob Armstrong made his way to the announcers’ desk with a fishbowl.

Armstrong: Because I was originally scheduled to compete tonight, we drew for tonight’s match-ups earlier today. Coming up, America’s Most Wanted will defend their Tag Team titles against the Spanish Announce Team. Later on we’ll see Sonny Siaki defend his X title against The Amazing Red. Also, a newcomer from England wants to give TNA a try, so we threw his name in the bowl, and sure enough his name was drawn. So tonight, you’ll see the debut of Jody Fleisch as he takes on Lenny. And in tonight’s main event – I’m really excited about this, can’t you see Jeremy? – That no-good son of mine, B.G. James, will be taking on Jerry Lynn. Now, at this time I was supposed to be wrestling Vince Russo, pinning him, and running him out of TNA forever. But Russo suffered this “injury.” Personally, I doubt he’s really as hurt as he’s making out, but nonetheless he does have a note from his doctor stating that he’ll be out of action for at least another week and a half. So instead of having that match tonight, we’ll have that same match, with the same rules and stipulations, at Total Elimination, live on pay-per-view.

Borash: Woah, that’s a big announcement!

Armstrong: But now I’ve got to come up with a match to fill this time slot. Tonight I was planning on cutting off the head of the snake, but sometimes it’s more fun to start at the tail and cut it off piece by piece. So since I can’t cut the head off of Sports Entertainment Xtreme, I’m going to start at the other end. Here, Bert, reach into this fishbowl and pull out a name.

Prentice: It says April.

Armstrong: Really? Pull out another.

Prentice: This one says April too.

Armstrong: They all say April! After what SEX did to Brian Lawler and April last week, she came to me earlier tonight wanting a match against Kim Neilson. Now, we had already drawn the matches, but when Russo brought in his doctor’s note excusing him from the match tonight, I already had a match to fill in with! So right now, I need April and Kim Neilson in the ring! The match is for the title of Miss TNA, and it’s still Loser Leaves Town!

OR: 53

(Bob Armstrong gained in over from 39 to 42.)

Miss TNA title match: April © vs. Kim Neilson: Vince Russo and Sonny Siaki accompany Kim to the ring, but the referee makes them go back to the locker room. Borash tells us that Lawler was still banged up from the beat-down at the hands of SEX and was not here tonight. Much like the earlier match, it was very sloppy and difficult to watch without wanting to gouge your eyeballs out. Eventually, April nailed Kim with the Bitch Slap for the pin. Siaki and Russo charged into the ring, but April bailed out before they could get their hands on her.

Winner: April

OR: 29

CR: 30

MQ: 30

(The Miss TNA title gained in image from 20 to 22.)

Sonny Siaki grabbed a microphone and started going nuts in the ring. Even Russo was trying to calm him down, even though everyone knew he had to be upset about Kim Neilson having to leave TNA. Eventually, Siaki tells us that losing Kim won’t affect him in his match later on against The Amazing Red, and if anything it just makes him more upset.

OR: 76

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 47 to 49.)

NWA Tag Team title match: America’s Most Wanted © vs. The Spanish Announce Team: The two teams shake hands, and Borash talks about the respect these two teams have for each other and how he expects this to be a good, clean match. Prentice points out that one of these teams is going to walk away with the Tag Team titles, and the other team is just going to walk away from TNA, and when your career is on the line, a clean match isn’t very likely. Well, it was a very good match. Unfortunately for the SAT, it ends with a Death Sentence on Joel Maximo, and James Storm gets the pin.

Winner: America’s Most Wanted

OR: 62

CR: 44

(The NWA Tag Team titles gained in image from 42 to 44.)

Backstage, Lenny is incensed that anyone off the street can walk into the TNA Asylum and be given a match. He plans on putting a stop to that by beating Jody Fleisch tonight in what would be his first – an only – match in TNA.

(Lenny gained in over from 60 to 63.)

NWA X title match: The Amazing Red vs. Sonny Siaki ©(with Vince Russo): Siaki yells at Russo, telling him not to interfere. That’s like telling water not to run downhill. But Russo realizes how serious Siaki is, and surprisingly does not get involved physically. Siaki’s rage allows Red to take control several times. In fact, he even gets Siaki set up for the Infa-Red, but Siaki hits a series of moves that somehow reverses it into the Money Clip. Russo celebrates as the referee counts to three. Great match.

CR: 51

MQ: 87

B.G. James is waiting backstage to congratulate Siaki on his win. Russo reminds James he has to win to keep SEX strong. James says that Jerry Lynn isn’t much competition for him.

OR: 68

Jody Fleisch vs. Lenny: This is the first chance many people in the TNA Asylum have had to see Fleisch, and he looks impressive. He looks even more impressive by dominating Lenny in every aspect, finishing him off quickly with a Phoenix 720 DDT.

Winner: Jody Fleisch

CR: 65

MQ: 77

Jerry Lynn vs. B.G. James (with Vince Russo): Lynn carries James to a very good match. Every time Lynn got an advantage, Russo would distract him, allowing James time to recover. Eventually, James lands a Pile Driver on Lynn, thus forcing Lynn out of NWA: TNA.

Winner: B.G. James

OR: 74

CR: 64

MQ: 84

Rating: 1.35

Attendance: 1758

Best segment: Vince Russo discusses his injuries (84)

Worst segment: Priscilla over Belladonna (27)

Best match: B.G. James over Jerry Lynn (74)

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

We set a new ratings record for Urban American Network last night. The network president personally called today to tell us the news. I just didn’t have the heart to tell him that we won’t be renewing our contract with his network when it expires.

All of us at NWA: TNA wish the very best to Lenny, Belladonna, and Kim Neilson as they continue their careers elsewhere. As for Jerry Lynn, The Amazing Red, and The SAT, we hope you enjoy your stay in NWA Japan and can someday return with increased overness and charisma.

TNA Total Nonstop Action

Tenay: Hello, everyone, and thanks for joining is for Total Nonstop Action! I’m Mike Tenay, and on my right is my colleague, Don West.

West: Thank you, Mike. It looks like we’re about to be joined by commissioner Bob Armstrong and his fishbowl.

Armstrong: Hello, Mike! Hello, Don. It’s good to see you again. Well, are you ready to find out what the card is for tonight? I’ve decided we’re going to have all singles matches here tonight, so we only need the one fishbowl. Go ahead and pull a name out.

Tenay: I’ve got Jorge Estrada.

West: I’ve got Alan Funk.

Armstrong: OK, that’s our opening match, then – Jorge Estrada against Alan Funk. Now pull out some more names.

West: I’ve got Ace Steel.

Tenay: Uh, oh – I’ve got Curt Hennig.

Armstrong: Well, good luck, Ace – you’ll need it against Curt Hennig. What’s next?

Tenay: I’ve got Cobain from The New Church.

West: I drew Scott Hall.

Armstrong: The New Church has lost Slash, Brian Lee, and Belladonna recently, and Cobain’s got an uphill fight against Scott Hall. Now come on, we’ve only got two matches left and you haven’t pulled anyone from Sports Entertainment Xtreme.

Tenay: Aha – I’ve got David Flair.

Armstrong: Great! Who’s he facing, Don?

West: Uh, I’ve got Ron Killings.

Armstrong: All right, David Flair faces The Truth! Now, who’s in the main event?

West: Another member of SEX, A.J. Styles.

Armstrong: Who’s he facing tonight, Mike? Mike? Go ahead and read the name, Mike.

Tenay: It’s … it’s … it’s the World champion, Jeff Jarrett! That means we have a World title match tonight!

OR: 63

(Bob Armstrong gained in over from 42 to 44.)

Curt Hennig is backstage. He says that after two weeks of waiting, his name is finally pulled from the bowl. Ace Steel, however, is no match for Curt Hennig.

(Curt Hennig gained in over from 73 to 75.)

Jorge Estrada (with Priscilla) vs. Alan Funk: West and Tenay talk about Priscilla’s win last night on XPlosion, while neglecting to talk about this match. It’s a pretty good match, but the fans seem more interested in watching Priscilla. When Alan Funk starts reaching into his tights, Priscilla jumps up on the apron, and while the referee tries to get her back on the floor, Funk nails Estrada with some brass knuckles, which are placed back in his tights by the time the referee turns around. The pinfall was just a mere formality by that point.

Winner: Alan Funk

OR: 59

CR: 40

Scott Hall wanders out to the announcers’ desk to tell us he’s going to beat Cobain tonight. Hey, at least he showed up on time, so I’m not going to complain.

OR: 70

Curt Hennig vs. Ace Steel (with Mortimer Plumtree): How would you like your squash today? I’ll have it with a Hennig Plex.

Winner: Curt Hennig

MQ: 75

Backstage, Ron Killings offers to tell us The Truth about David Flair. He’s not as good as his dad. Gee, Ron, tell us something we don’t already know. Oh, now he’s going to tell us The Truth about SEX. After tonight, Flair’s going to be out of SEX.

Scott Hall vs. Cobain (with James Mitchell): I guess a lot of the good wrestlers stayed home tonight so as to not risk losing. That’s why we get people like Ace Steel and Cobain in uncompetitive matches. Obviously, it’s all Hall, who finishes Cobain with the Outsider’s Edge.

Winner: Scott Hall

OR: 65

CR: 53

Jeff Jarrett is backstage. He reminds us that he beat Low-Ki to rid TNA of him, and tonight he’s going to beat A.J. Styles to send him packing just like Low-Ki. He tells Russo that SEX is running out of people, and it’s just a matter of time until they’re all gone.

OR: 80

Ron Killings vs. David Flair (with Vince Russo): Despite Russo’s best efforts, no amount of cheating can cover up the fact that Killings is far superior to Flair. That’s made clear when he nails Flair with the Truth Or Consequences for the pin.

Winner: Ron Killings

CR: 68

MQ: 66

Russo jumps in the ring, and from the back comes B.G. James, Sonny Siaki, and A.J. Styles. They deliver a beating to Killings, and eventually David Flair is able to add a few of his own shots too. Finally, the usual band of referees and road agents get Siaki, James, and Flair away from ringside, leaving Styles alone in the ring for the main event.

OR: 83

NWA World title match: Jeff Jarrett © vs. A.J. Styles (with Vince Russo): A good match, but still it’s about what you’d expect from these two. Styles gets an advantage with help from Russo, but Jarrett is able to regain control. Repeat several times. Eventually, Jarrett lands a Stroke out of nowhere, and Russo is not able to make the save in time. The rest of SEX charge the ring, but Jarrett is gone through the crowd again.

(The NWA World title gained in image from 69 to 73.)

Attendance: 1753

Best segment: Interview with Curt Hennig (84)

Worst segment: Alan Funk over Jorge Estrada (59)

Best match: Jeff Jarrett over A.J. Styles (78)

w00t! it's back!

I remember loving this diary. Come to think of it, I remember being on a PPV when you were originally running this.

I believe you just might be right. In fact, from time to time, several readers appeared in this diary -- usually taking a beating in the process.

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

After Wednesday’s show, A.J. Styles and Jorge Estrada were sent to NWA Japan. Meanwhile, David Flair, Cobain, and Ace Steel have been released from their contracts, and we wish them the best in the future.

It’s been a fairly quiet, incident-free week since our last televised show. Now I’ve got to send Bob Armstrong out in front of the crowd to tell everyone how much they enjoyed the two women’s matches last week to get them ready for a couple more …

TNA XPlosion

Borash: Hello everyone, welcome to another edition of XPlosion! I’m Jeremy Borash, and joining me as always is Bert Prentice.

Prentice: Thank you, Jeremy, and in something that’s becoming tradition around here, we’re being joined by the commissioner, “Bullet” Bob Armstrong.

Armstrong: Thank you, Bert, Jeremy. As you can see on the cart to my left, we’ve now got three fishbowls. In addition to the singles and tag team bowls, we’ve had to add a bowl for the ladies of TNA after the response we’ve got from the fans and on the website since last week’s show. So let’s make some matches, shall we? OK … ah, right off the bat, a ladies match to start the show! So reach into the bowl and pull out a name.

Borash: I’ve got Trinity, the manager of Divine Storm.

Prentice: I drew Miss TNA, April!

Armstrong: That means we start the show with a match to determine Miss TNA. All right, let’s see what else we have … another ladies match.

Prentice: I have Priscilla.

Borash: This says Alicia Webb. You mean to tell me she’s back in TNA?

Armstrong: Yes, she’s backstage, so we put her name in the bowl, so I guess she gets one more chance to prove herself. Now we’ve got … singles match. Here, use this fishbowl.

Borash: I pulled Minister James Mitchell. He’s not a wrestler, he’ll be killed!

Prentice: Don’t be so sure. Look – I got Mortimer Plumtree.

Armstrong: I guarantee you that won’t be an X division match. Now what have we got … tag match. OK, the last fishbowl.

Borash: I drew Divine Storm. But will Trinity win her match to be with them?

Prentice: It may not matter, Jeremy – it’s the Road Warriors.

Armstrong: They’ll definitely provide a challenge for Divine Storm. Now for the main event … singles.

Prentice: It’s Alan Funk. In the main event?

Borash: He’ll be facing Ken Shamrock.

Armstrong: OK then, that’s tonight’s card, and it’s still Loser Leaves Town.

OR: 51

Miss TNA title match: Trinity vs. April ©: Trinity is accompanied by Divine Storm, but the referee makes them return to the back. April is without Brian Lawler, who is apparently still recovering from his SEX-inflicted injuries, according to Borash. The match was about as good as you could expect given who was involved, which means that Scott Keith will probably be breaking out the Hot Pokers Up The Ass rating system for this one. April successfully defends her crown after a Bitch Slap.

Winner: April

OR: 30

CR: 28

MQ: 33

(The Miss TNA Title gained in image from 22 to 24.)

Backstage, James Mitchell examines his scarred hand, which is missing a few fingers, as Malice stands silently in the background. He tells us that even tough the New Church has lost a few members, its ministry and message still continues in TNA. Tonight the servants of evil have chosen him to personally preach the sermon to one Mortimer Plumtree. Tonight, the message will be made clear.

OR: 60

(James Mitchell gained in over from 36 to 39.)

Alicia Webb vs. Priscilla: Borash and Prentice point out that Priscilla still looks distracted by the loss of Jorge Estrada. I don’t know who gets the blame, but this match was just terrible. It’s one of the worst matches I’ve seen, ever. The only redeeming point is that the crowd cheers for Alicia’s moves, sloppy as they are. (Her moves, not the fans.) Eventually, she gets Priscilla in the Ankle Lock, which draws a minor pop from the crowd. Priscilla taps out! I’m glad that’s over – let’s not speak of this one again.

Winner: Alicia Webb

OR: 32

CR: 40

MQ: 14

Backstage, the Road Warriors are talking about what they’re going to do to Divine Storm. Actually, a better description is that they’re running through their catchphrases. They snack on danger and dine on death. Oh, what a rush.

James Mitchell (with Malice) vs. Mortimer Plumtree: Hmm, I wonder how this one’s going to turn out. While the referee checks Mitchell’s pockets for any foreign objects, Malice delivers a Choke Slam to Plumtree. The referee calls for the bell, then notices Plumtree is down. Mitchell covers to score the fastest pinfall victory in the history of TNA at about 5 seconds.

Winner: James Mitchell

OR: 35

CR: 42

MQ: 22

Backstage, Bob Armstrong pushes the cart with the fishbowls until he’s interrupted by Percy Pringle. Pringle tells him that it’s not right that managers are in the fishbowl right with the regular wrestlers. Armstrong is obviously annoyed, so he decides to go ahead and draw for the opening match on tomorrow’s show. He points out that Pringle is the only person in TNA whose name hasn’t been drawn, so he’s automatically making him one of the participants. He reaches into the fishbowl and pulls out another name … James Mitchell. Pringle goes nuts, saying how unfair it all was.

(Bob Armstrong gained in over from 44 to 45. James Mitchell gained in over from 39 to 42.)

Road Warriors vs. Divine Storm: A surprisingly good match, even though the fans smell a squash. Divine Storm actually gains control a few times, using their speed and technical ability to get the upper hand. But, in the end, the fans are correct, as Animal scores the pin on Quiet Storm after a Doomsday Device.

MQ: 85

Ken Shamrock vs. Alan Funk: Another surprisingly good match. Funk keeps up with Shamrock a lot longer than many suspected, but out of nowhere Shamrock grabs Funk’s leg and applies the Ankle Lock. Funk screams in agony as he taps out.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

CR: 61

OR: 48

Attendance: 1759

Best segment: Road Warriors over Divine Storm (72)

Worst segment: April over Trinity (30)

Best match: Road Warriors over Divine Storm (72)

Wednesday, February 19, 2003

We bid a fond farewell to Trinity, Priscilla, Mortimer Plumtree, Alan Funk, Chris Divine, and Quiet Storm. They’ve all been released from their contracts. However, we’re starting to run out of people to get rid of. I guess we’ll just have to change the rules a little bit.

TNA Total Nonstop Action

Tenay: Hello, everyone, and thanks for joining is for Total Nonstop Action! I’m Mike Tenay, and on my right is my broadcast partner, Don West.

West: Thank you, Mike. It looks like we’re already set for our first match, which Bob Armstrong made yesterday on XPlosion. Percy Pringle is already in the ring, and here comes Minister James Mitchell and Malice.

James Mitchell vs. Percy Pringle: Pringle reminds the referee what happened in Mitchell’s match last night, and the referee sends Malice back to the locker room. What follows is a terrible match, but at least Mitchell and Pringle draw some reaction from the fans. These two blunder around the ring, and eventually Pringle gets Mitchell on the mat for the Buffet Buster and the pin. God, that was horrible.

Winner: Percy Pringle

OR: 44

CR: 54

MQ: 22

Commissioner Armstrong pushes his cart of fishbowls to the announcers’ desk as Mitchell is leaving the ringside area.

Armstrong: So long, Minister Mitchell! I hope you enjoy unemployment! Now, for the rest of the show. Are you ready to make some matches? Good. Let’s see …

Suddenly, Vince Russo’s music plays, and he comes out, still wearing the neck brace and holding a piece of paper.

Russo: Hold on there, Bob. I have in my hand a court order that says you can no longer make any more Loser Leaves Town matches. Do you know what that means? That means you can take these fishbowls and stick them up your ass!

Armstrong: Let me see that … it’s dated today. That means that any match that had been signed before today is still valid. That includes the match we just saw, and that includes our match this Sunday at Total Elimination.

Russo throws a fit, and then returns to the locker room.

Armstrong: Well, Mike, I guess we’re going to have to do something different for tonight’s show. So hand me back that fishbowl, Don. Let me see … I know Ron Killings wants to get his hands on anyone from Sports Entertainment Xtreme, so how about Ron Killings taking on Sonny Siaki for the X title?

Tenay: That sounds like it ought to be a good match.

Armstrong: Don, is there anyone you’d like to see in a match tonight?

West: Well, I’d like to see more of that English guy, Fleisch. We’ve only seen him in action once, and I saw him in the back earlier today.

Armstrong: Yes, he’s here. How about him against Curt Hennig?

Tenay: That should be an interesting match, too. But commissioner, what about this Sunday? What other matches will we be seeing at Total Elimination besides you and Vince Russo?

Armstrong: Well, after yesterday, it’s clear who the two most popular women are here in TNA. So at Total Elimination, April will be defending the title of Miss TNA against Alicia Webb. Also, I think it’s clear that the Road Warriors deserve a Tag Team title shot, and they’ll get it against America’s Most Wanted.

Tenay: But what about the World title?

Armstrong: Tonight, Jeff Jarrett will be defending his title against Malice. The winner of that match will also defend the title this Sunday against the winner of tonight’s match between Scott Hall and my lousy son, B.G. James.

West: Wow, what a card, both tonight and for Total Elimination!

(Bob Armstrong gained in over from 45 to 46.)

Backstage, Russo tells Sonny Siaki about his title match against Ron Killings. Siaki says the last time he saw Killings, Siaki was kicking his ass, and tonight won’t be any different.

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 49 to 52.)

In his Locker room, Ron Killings says he’s going to tell us The Truth. He says Siaki was the worst Elvis impersonator he ever saw. Preach on, brother Ron. And he’s also going to tell us The Truth about SEX again! He says they’re gown to just Siaki, James, and Russo. This Sunday Russo will be gone, and tonight he’s going to beat Siaki so bad he would be ashamed to show his face here ever again!

NWA X title match: Ron Killings vs. Sonny Siaki © (with Vince Russo): A good back-and-forth match that sees a lot of the high-flying moves the X division is known for. However, the match comes to a sudden stop when someone comes out of the crowd and jumps into the ring. It’s Brian Lawler! The referee calls for the bell as Lawler lays into Siaki. Killings just stands there – he’s glad to see Siaki get beat, and he knows he had it coming from Lawler, but at the same time Lawler cost him his chance to win the X title.

Winner: Sonny Siaki by DQ

CR: 67

MQ: 82

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 52 to 54. The NWA X title gained in image from 63 to 65.)

Curt Hennig is backstage with a microphone. He congratulates Jody Fleisch for surviving the Loser Leaves Town era, but says he’s lucky he didn’t have to face anyone like Hennig. He expects a tough match, but he’s going to prove to Fleisch who the better man is.

OR: 86

(Curt Hennig gained in over from 75 to 78.)

Jody Fleisch vs. Curt Hennig: The two men begin with a handshake, followed by a fairly impressive display of mat wrestling from both men. Fleisch obviously holds a big advantage in speed, but the wily veteran Hennig uses his experience to gain the advantage and lock Fleisch up for a Hennig Plex and the pin. Afterwards, Fleisch extends his hand – and Hennig shakes it! A nice match, with each man earning the other’s respect.

OR: 73

B.G. James is backstage with Vince Russo. Russo begins to talk, but James says it’s his interview. He reminds us that he’s been friends with Scott Hall for a long time, and nobody in TNA knows him as well as James. But tonight’s match is about one thing – getting a World title shot at Total Elimination. He’s going to do whatever is necessary to get that opportunity.

Scott Hall vs. B.G. James (with Vince Russo): True to his word, James uses every opportunity he can find to get the upper hand on Hall. Choke, thumb to the eye, anything like that seems like fair game for James. However, it’s not enough. Hall eventually takes control, and gives the signal for the Outsider’s Edge. Russo grabs a chair, slides into the ring, and hits the referee from behind. Then he goes to Hall, but Hall sees him! Hall grabs Russo, who drops the chair. Hall pulls Russo’s neck brace off and tosses him over the top rope. Meanwhile, James has recovered, and picks up the chair Russo dropped. Hall turns around, and gets clocked by the chair. James slides the chair out of the ring, pulls the referee over, and covers Hall. The ref slowly counts to three, but Hall is out, so the ref could have counted to thirty.

CR: 70

Jeff Jarrett is backstage, talking about his match against Malice. Yes, he’s a big guy, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall. Oh please, Jeff, stop with the lame clichés! Jarrett says that he’s going to beat Malice tonight, and then take care of B.G. James at Total Elimination.

OR: 82

NWA World title match: Jeff Jarrett © vs. Malice: It’s obvious that Malice misses having James Mitchell in his corner. Confused by the loss of his manager, Jarrett is able to use his wrestling knowledge to outsmart the big man, eventually setting him up for the Stroke. After the pin, Jarrett celebrates while B.G. James slides in under the bottom rope. Jarrett turns around ... straight into a Dogg Pound! James holds the World title belt over his head as Vince Russo applauds, then he drops the belt on Jarrett and tells him that he can keep it until Sunday.

MQ: 79

(The NWA World title has gained in image from 73 to 75.)

Attendance: 2010

Best segment: Interview with Curt Hennig (86)

Worst segment: Percy Pringle over James Mitchell (44)

Best match: Sonny Siaki over Ron Killings by DQ (74)

Edited by LoveMuscle

Sunday, February 23, 2003

We wish James Mitchell the best of luck in his career beyond NWA: TNA. He’s the next-to-last person to leave the company through the Loser Leaves Town matches, followed only by the loser of tonight’s Vince Russo-Bob Armstrong match.

Before the pay-per-view went on the air, Bob Armstrong came out to the announcers’ desk to make some announcements. Personally, I think the announcers’ desk is a great place to make announcements. The first one concerns the X title. Brian Lawler wants a piece of Sonny Siaki, and also Ron Killings wants another shot since his match Wednesday was interrupted, so tonight we’re going to have a three-way dance for the X title, featuring Ron Killings against Brian Lawler against Sonny Siaki. Also, TNA’s doctors have checked out Vince Russo, and he’s perfectly healthy, so the match between Russo and Armstrong is a go for tonight. He reminded everyone that the loser leaves town and the winner is the commissioner. He also reminded everyone that if either of the remaining members of SEX, B.G. James or Sonny Siaki, interfered in the match, Russo was gone.

OR: 53

TNA Total Elimination

Tenay: Hello everyone, and welcome to a special Sunday night edition of NWA Total Nonstop Action! I’m Mike Tenay, and this is Don West. Don, tonight is Total Elimination, and either Vince Russo and his Sports Entertainment Xtreme will be totally eliminated, or commissioner Bob Armstrong will be gone.

West: Oh, I hope the Bullet wins, I’m not sure what Russo will do if he’s commissioner!

Tenay: Also, we just found out that tonight Sonny Siaki will be defending the X title in a three-way dance against both Ron Killings and Brian Lawler.

West: Killings had a shot to win the title from Siaki last Wednesday, but Lawler returned from some injuries caused by SEX and cost Killings his chance. Who knows what’s going to happen tonight?

Tenay: Well, the first thing we’re going to see is Lawler’s girlfriend, April, defending the Miss TNA crown against Alicia Webb.

West: The beautiful Alicia won the hearts of the fans when she returned earlier this month from a long absence from TNA. In fact, here she is right now.

Alicia Webb takes a microphone before entering the ring. She says she has a lot of reasons for coming back to TNA, and one of them is to win the title of Miss TNA. She tells April to come on out and get it over with.

OR: 79

(Alicia Webb gained in over from 45 to 46.)

Miss TNA title match: Alicia Webb vs. April ©: Brian Lawler comes out with April, but the referees send him to the back. As for the match … ugh. Alicia was right when she said let’s get this over with. After two minutes I was ready for it to be over. Unfortunately, it went on for two more excruciating minutes before Alicia was able to apply the Ankle Lock for the submission victory.

OR: 36

CR: 45

MQ: 16

(The Miss TNA title gained in image from 24 to 28.)

For the commissioner’s job, Loser Leaves Town match: Bob Armstrong vs. Vince Russo: Well, this match isn’t much better that the last one. Armstrong’s well past his prime, and for all his arguing about being a former WCW champion, Russo isn’t a wrestler. Period. At least Armstrong was, so he controls for most of the match, until someone sneaks into the ring behind the referee’s back. It’s TAKA Michinoku! Michinoku Driver on Armstrong! Russo makes the cover for the clean pinfall.

Winner: Vince Russo

OR: 52

MQ: 38

After the match, Russo and Michinoku walk to the announcers’ desk to celebrate. Tenay tells Russo that the rules were no interference or else Russo was gone, but Russo correctly points out that the only people specifically forbidden from interfering were members of SEX. TAKA was never a member of SEX and probably doesn’t even know what SEX is. Russo brags that everyone’s going to see a lot of changes under his commissionership.

(TAKA Michinoku gained in over from 67 to 68.)

NWA Tag Team title match: America’s Most Wanted © vs. Road Warriors: This is the best match of the night so far, but really there hasn’t been much competition. The Road Warriors have dominated the tag scene since arriving in TNA, but this is their first title shot, and their toughest challenge to date. However, it’s not really much of a challenge, as the Road Warriors dominate the champions. The Doomsday Device on Chris Harris leads to an easy pin for Animal.

CR: 64

(The NWA Tag Team titles gained in image from 44 to 48.)

Backstage, Ron Killings talks about the three way dance for the X title. He’s glad he gets another shot, even if it means he has to go through two men. Now it’s time for The Truth: the only Reason Siaki is still champion is because of Lawler’s interference. The Truth about Lawler: he’s a second-rate skirt-chaser, like his dad, only without the wrestling ability. Ooh, that’s got to hurt.

OR: 90

(Ron Killings gained in over from 75 to 76.)

NWA X title match: Ron Killings vs. Brian Lawler (with April) vs. Sonny Siaki © (with Vince Russo): Lawler charges Siaki as Killings wisely lets them sort things out between them. When he does get involved, Lawler punches him, and a three-way brawl ensues. At one point Siaki is knocked out of the ring, and Russo keeps him on the floor as Lawler and Killings fight in the ring. Eventually, Killings hits Lawler with the Truth Or Consequences for the pin. Siaki is right back into the ring to continue the match, taking advantage of the worn-out Killings, and eventually hits the Siakalypse for the pin.

MQ: 80

NWA World title match: Jeff Jarrett © vs. B.G. James (with Vince Russo): A wild brawl erupts to begin, but Jarrett’s advantage in technical ability proves to be the key to beating a man who was his partner a long time ago. Everyone expects that if Jarrett were to win he’d have to hit the Stroke, but he surprises everyone by using the Superplex instead. Russo is so stunned he doesn’t react in time to keep the referee from counting to three.

CR: 75

(The NWA World title has gained in image from 75 to 77.)

Buy rate: 0.66

Attendance: 7680

Best segment: Interview with Ron Killings (90)

Worst segment: Alicia Webb over April (36)

Best match: (tie) Road Warriors over America’s Most Wanted; Jeff Jarrett over B.G. James (74)

Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Apparently, the industry is in a bigger slump than I imagined. Every major promotion had a big event scheduled for Sunday, but Phoenix Championship Wrestling, NWA Wildside, Yankee Pro Wrestling, IPW Hardcore, Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling, and All Pro Wrestling all had to cancel. In fact, NWA-W and YPW have dropped from Regional to Small level, and NWA-W and PCW have lost their television contracts.

TNA XPlosion

Borash: Hello everyone, and welcome to XPlosion! I’m Jeremy Borash, and my co-host is Bert Prentice. Bert, we saw a lot of changes at Total Elimination last Sunday.

Prentice: Yeah, and one of them’s walking this way – commissioner Vince Russo!

Russo, accompanies by Sonny Siaki, B.G. James, and TAKA Michinoku, walk to the announcers’ desk.

Russo: You two were in on it! You helped Bob Armstrong pick the matches that caused the members of Sports Entertainment Xtreme to lose their jobs. So I’m only going to tell you one time before these men tell you physically – you’re fired! Get your things and get the hell out of my building. And if Tenay and West are smart, they won’t even show up tomorrow night.

Borash: Yes, but who’s going to be your announcers if we’re gone? OK, OK, I’m leaving!

Borash and Prentice head backstage, with James and Siaki escorting them by their collars.

Russo: I’m glad you asked, Jeremy. Tonight I brought in a couple of real Italians to serve as my announce team. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Dino and Guido!

Two unfamiliar men walk out to the announce desk, drawing a smattering of boos from the audience.

Russo: Now, before I hand the microphone over to you, I have some announcements to make. First of all, with all of my commissionary duties, I won’t have time to manage all three of you. So I’m going to pick one of you at random. So come on, put your potatoes in here. TAKA, make a fist and put it in the circle, like this. OK, one potato, two potato, three potato, four / five potato, six potato, seven potato, more – TAKA, it’s your lucky day. B.G., Sonny, good luck, and if you ever need anything from the commissioner, feel free to ask me. Here, Dino and Guido, here’s the format for tonight’s show. Good luck to you, and have fun.

Dahl: Greetings, TNA fans! I’m Dino Dahl, and this is Guido Lee. I guess we’re the new hosts, eh, Guido?

Lee: So, uh, what are we supposed to do?

Dahl: Well, I guess for starters you can read what’s on the sheet Vince gave us.

Lee: OK, it says Jody Fleisch vs. Brian Lawler, Curt Hennig vs. James Storm, Chris Harris vs. B.G. James, Ken Shamrock vs. Malice, and Jeff Jarrett vs. TAKA Michinoku for the NWA World title. I guess that’s our matches for tonight.

Dahl: Um … a World title match? I guess it’s going to be a good evening.

Jody Fleisch vs. Brian Lawler (with April): A good match that starts with a handshake between the two men. What follows is a high-flying exhibition that makes many writers on the Internet clamor for these two to get a shot at the X title. Eventually, Fleisch takes control, and sets Lawler up for the Phoenix 720 DDT. The referee counts the pinfall. After the match, Fleisch offers to shake Lawler’s hand. He shakes it – and then nails him with a Lariat! Lawler up to the top rope – Hip Hop Drop! Lawler leaves Fleisch laid out in the ring.

Winner: Jody Fleisch

CR: 66

Backstage, B.G. James tells us how upset he is at the way he lost to Jeff Jarrett at Total Elimination. He’s glad Russo scheduled him in a match tonight so he could take out his frustrations. He tells us it’s time for Wildcat Chris Harris to be turned into a mild little kitten.

Curt Hennig vs. James Storm: Storm is a tag-team specialist, and not used to singles matches. Several times he goes for a tag, forgetting that there’s no one there. Hennig ends the match with a Hennig Plex.

MQ: 75

Chris Harris vs. B.G. James: Harris has the same problem his usual tag partner had – going for a tag in a singles match. You would have thought he’d have watched and learned from the mistakes of his partner, but I guess he’s not too bright. James beats him down, then finishes him with a Dogg Pound.

OR: 62

CR: 53

MQ: 72

Vince Russo and TAKA Michinoku are backstage to talk about TAKA’s World title shot. Well, Russo does all the talking, while TAKA just stands there and nods, occasionally sticking out his fist before Russo tells him we’re not playing potatoes anymore.

Meanwhile, Jeff Jarrett tells us that TAKA doesn’t deserve a World title shot for his very first match in TNA. Not that it really matters, because no one’s beaten him for the title yet, and TAKA’s not going to be the one to do it.

Ken Shamrock vs. Malice: A surprisingly good match, given that Malice is involved. Shamrock shows why he earned the nickname “the world’s most dangerous man” by going toe-to-toe with the bigger man. But eventually Shamrock gets Malice on the ground, where he’s easy pickings for the Ankle Lock.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

OR: 75

CR: 66

Here’s proof that Vince Russo is really running the show – a music video for Sonny Siaki is shown, telling us that he’s the greatest X champion ever, and would become the World champion if Jeff Jarrett would quit ducking him.

OR: 91

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 54 to 55.)

NWA World title match: Jeff Jarrett © vs. TAKA Michinoku (with Vince Russo): A great exhibit of technical wrestling, with a little bit of cheating thrown in by TAKA Michinoku. However, Jarrett proves to be the better brawler, and has seen enough of Russo’s tricks to avoid being distracted by Michinoku’s manager. Like so many others, TAKA falls victim to the Stroke.

(The NWA World title has gained in image from 77 to 79.)

Attendance: 2009

Best segment: Sonny Siaki music video (91)

Worst segment: B.G. James over Chris Harris (62)

Best match: Jeff Jarrett over TAKA Michinoku (78)

Wednesday, February 26, 2003

After the show last night, Ken Shamrock pointed out that the fans weren’t responding to him, and he didn’t think he deserved his main event status. So, at his request, we have moved him down to the upper midcard.

We’ve ended the “housecleaning” phase with regards to the wrestlers, and now we’ve made it clear that there’s going to be some new announcers. Jeremy Borash, Bert Prentice, and Don West have been released from their contracts, and we wish them luck in their future employment.

TNA Total Nonstop Action

Hosts: ??????

The show opens with Vince Russo sitting alone at the announcers’ desk

Russo: Hello, everyone, and welcome to Total Nonstop Action! I’m NOT your host, but your commissioner, Vince Russo. Apparently, Mike Tenay and Don West got the message to not show up tonight. Since this is the flagship of TNA, nothing less than the best announce crew that money could buy would do. So, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, allow me to present the new hosts of TNA, Joey Styles and Barney Sommers! Welcome, gentlemen. Joey, you sit here. I’ve put tonight’s format on the desk in front of you. Good luck, gentlemen – for as much as I’m paying you, you’d better be a hell of a lot better than Tenay and West!

With that, Russo leaves.

Styles: Hello, TNA fans! I’m Joey Styles.

Sommers: And I’m Barney Sommers, and welcome to Total Nonstop Action!

Styles: Barney, I was just looking over the format, and we’ve got a really good show lined up for tonight. The main event features the Road Warriors defending their Tag Team titles against B.G. James and Sonny Siaki.

Sommers: I see that we also have Ron Killings taking on Brian Lawler to determine the No. 1 contender for the X title.

Styles: But our opening match tonight is Curt Hennig against Malice, and Hennig’s already on his way to the ring.

Hennig stops to pick up a microphone before entering the ring.

Hennig: Malice, you may be big, you may be bad, you may be strong, but you’re as dumb as a rock. So get out here so I can give you a wrestling lesson.

OR: 88

(Curt Hennig gained in over from 78 to 81.)

Curt Hennig vs. Malice: Like Hennig said, he uses his brain to keep one step ahead of Malice the entire match. Malice loses his temper, and from that point Hennig puts the match away. The contest ends with an impressive display of strength by Hennig, pinning Malice with a Hennig Plex.

MQ: 76

Backstage, Ron Killings tells us that he’s sick and tired of people interfering in his matches. Well tonight, it’s just him and Lawler, and if he wins, he gets the X title shot and Lawler can’t interfere. Time for The Truth about Lawler: Killings is better than him at everything. Better wrestler, better rapper, better lover. Then he offers to show April just how much better he is.

OR: 89

(Ron Killings gained in over from 76 to 77.)

Meanwhile, in another part of the building, a dejected Malice enters his dressing room to find Percy Pringle.

Malice: Get out.

Pringle: Malice, look, I’m sorry I was responsible for James Mitchell leaving TNA, but it was either him or me. Look where he is today – that’s where I’d be if I lost that match. And with Russo in charge, either of us could be there next week … unless we join together. Look at what’s happened to you since he left. You need my help.

Malice: Get out.

Pringle: OK, OK, I’m leaving. Just think about it, all right?

OR: 61

Meanwhile, in yet another locker room, Vince Russo tells TAKA Michinoku that last night was an aberration, and tonight they start a new winning streak against Ken Shamrock, which will lead them to the World title. Michinoku sticks his fist out, and Russo tells him no more potatoes, ever.

OR: 85

(Vince Russo gained in over from 76 to 78. TAKA Michinoku gained in over from 68 to 69.)

No. 1 contender match: Ron Killings vs. Brian Lawler (with April): Lawler, obviously incensed by Killings’ comments, charges him to start the match. However, much like the first match, Killings uses his opponent’s blind rage against him. Wow, psychology – you never see that anymore in wrestling, and yet we get it twice in the first two matches. Nonetheless, Lawler somehow gets the upper hand, and even lands the Hip Hop Drop before Jody Fleisch comes from the back and attacks Lawler! The referee calls for the bell, throwing the match out. Killings recovers and sees Fleisch in the ring, and he’s visibly frustrated that another one of his matches ends due to outside interference. So he jumps right in the middle of the fight, punching both Lawler and Fleisch. Eventually the usual bunch of referees and road agents enter the ring and pull the three men apart.

Winner: No contest due to interference

CR: 71

Sonny Siaki and B.G. James are backstage, talking about how much they want to beat Jeff Jarrett for the World title. However, Jarrett isn’t here tonight, so they’re going to team up to take the Tag Team titles from the Road Warriors. Easier said than done, boys.

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 55 to 56.)

Ken Shamrock vs. TAKA Michinoku (with Vince Russo): Great match. Both men are technically sound, but augment that with other things: Michinoku uses speed and high-flying moves, while Shamrock uses his brawling ability. Neither man holds the advantage very long, except Russo keeps interfering on behalf of TAKA. Eventually that’s just too much of a distraction for Shamrock, and while he hells at Russo, TAKA sneaks up from behind. Michinoku Driver! That shook the ring. After the pinfall, TAKA and Russo take off before Shamrock can get his hands on them.

Winner: TAKA Michinoku

MQ: 88

(TAKA Michinoku gained in over from 69 to 70.)

Shamrock, obviously despondent at the loss, walks back to the locker room, picks up his bag, and leaves without even changing out of his gear. He gets in his car and drives off.

NWA Tag Team title match: Road Warriors © vs. B.G. James & Sonny Siaki: Even though both James and Siaki have tag experience (and especially James, who has held tag titles in other promotions many times), this is their first match together as a team. Meanwhile, the Road Warriors have teamed together thousands of times over the years, and that experience shows quite often throughout the match. Like so many others, they fall victims to the Doomsday Device, and Animal scores the pin on Siaki. But James isn’t done … he brings a chair into the ring and floors both Hawk and Animal, leaving them laid out in the ring!

CR: 76

(The NWA Tag Team titles have gained in image from 48 to 50.)

Attendance: 2007

Best segment: Interview with Ron Killings (89)

Worst segment: Percy Pringle offers to manage Malice (61)

Best match: TAKA Michinoku over Ken Shamrock (79)

Saturday, March 1, 2003

It’s been a very productive month for us at TNA, and we’ve taken the company from being nearly broke after opening the training camp and development territory and raising our production values to having nearly $2 million dollars. Even though the industry is in a slump, there are signs that indicate we will continue to grow, both financially and in public image. So we decided to go on a spending spree, bringing in several free agents. Some have been assigned to development, and a few have been added to the active roster.

The first of the month seems like a good time to evaluate the progress of those in development and training camp, as well as an evaluation of those on the active roster. With our free-agent signings, and his troubles in the past, Scott Hall became a main candidate for demotion to midcard status. As you would expect, he didn’t like the move. Now we’ll see how he reacts. And even though he’s one of the top heels in the company, B.G. James is even less over than Hall, so he was moved down the card as well. As for those in training camp and development, nobody is ready to be elevated to the active roster.

In other wrestling news, Vince McMahon and Ric Flair both announced at a joint news conference Saturday that they would be retiring from World Wrestling Entertainment at the end of March. While that has nothing to do with me or TNA, they’re both legendary figures in our business, and their retirements should be noted.

Not counting our free-agent signings, here’s what our active roster looks like today (faces in blue, heels in red, tweeners in black, all followed by their current over):

MAIN EVENT

Jeff Jarrett (83)

UPPER MIDCARD

Road Warrior Hawk (82)

Curt Hennig (81)

Ken Shamrock (80)

Road Warrior Animal (78)

Ron Killings (77)

MIDCARDERS

Scott Hall (72)

Jody Fleisch (70)

Brian Lawler (67)

B.G. James (70)

TAKA Michinoku (70)

Malice (58)

Sonny Siaki (58)

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Chris Harris (42)

James Storm (40)

OPENERS

none

JOBBERS

none

MANAGERS

Alicia Webb (45)

April (18)

Vince Russo (78)

Percy Pringle (70)

NON-WRESTLERS

none

TAG TEAMS {members} (experience)

Road Warriors {Road Warrior Hawk & Road Warrior Animal} (100)

America’s Most Wanted {James Storm & Chris Harris} (43)

TITLES (image) {current holder}

NWA World (79) {Jeff Jarrett}

NWA X (65) {Sonny Siaki}

NWA Tag Team (52) {Road Warriors}

Miss TNA (28) {Alicia Webb}

Edited by LoveMuscle

Tuesday, March 4, 2003

TNA XPlosion

Hosts: Dino Dahl and Guido Lee

Dahl: Hello everyone, thanks for watching XPlosion. I’m Dino Dahl.

Lee: And I’m Guido Lee. Dino, we’ve got a great card lined up tonight, including two title matches.

Dahl: Alicia Webb will be defending her Miss TNA crown against April in a rematch from Total Elimination. Also, in another rematch from Total Elimination, America’s Most Wanted will try to regain the Tag Team titles from the Road Warriors.

Lee: Also, we’ve got Ron Killings, Brian Lawler, and Jody Fleisch in a Triangle match to determine the No. 1 contender for the X title.

Dahl: Vince Russo has ruled that there must be a winner, and that man will get his shot at Sonny Siaki’s title tomorrow night on Total Nonstop Action.

Lee: And to top things off, our main event features Scott Hall and Ken Shamrock. But for starters, Vince Russo has asked that we show this video.

A music video appears on the monitors, showing a montage of clips of B.G. James winning matches. I guess they’re trying to tell us he’s pretty good.

OR: 97

(B.G. James gained in over from 70 to 73.)

Alicia Webb gets the microphone before entering the ring. She tells us she’ll gladly defend the title of Miss TNA against anyone, and will gladly grant April a rematch.

OR: 80

(Alicia Webb gained in over from 45 to 48.)

Miss TNA Title: Alicia Webb © vs. April (with Brian Lawler): Not much has changed since Total Elimination – these are still two terrible wrestlers. Something else that hasn’t changed – April taps out quickly to the Ankle Lock.

OR: 36

CR: 46

MQ: 16

(The Miss TNA title has gained in image from 28 to 30.)

Ron Killings is backstage, talking about his match against Brian Lawler and Jody Fleisch. He hopes that finally there will be a clean finish to one of his matches, and he’s grateful for the stipulation that there must be a winner. The Truth about Jody Fleisch – he’s just another Englishman with bad teeth. The Truth about Brian Lawler – his best shot at a title is for Miss TNA.

OR: 86

(Ron Killings gained in over from 77 to 79.)

NWA Tag Team title match: Road Warriors © vs. America’s Most Wanted: Just like our first match, little has changed in the week and a half since these two teams last faced each other, including the outcome. Hawk pins James Storm after a Doomsday Device.

CR: 60

MQ: 83

(The NWA Tag Team titles have gained in image from 52 to 54.)

Scott Hall is backstage. Hey, yo! If Ken Shamrock couldn’t beat a Japanese midget last week, what makes him think he’ll have better luck against The Bad Guy?

(Scott Hall gained in over from 72 to 74.)

Triangle match: Jody Fleisch vs. Brian Lawler (with April) vs. Ron Killings: Great action from all three, as every pinfall attempt is broken up by the man not involved. Finally, Lawler hits a Hurracanrana on Fleisch, which sends him to the floor. Killings takes advantage and nails Lawler with the Truth Or Consequences, and Fleisch can’t recover in time to break up the pin.

Winner: Ron Killings

Backstage, Percy Pringle paces nervously in front of his dressing room, until Vince Russo shows up.

Russo: OK, Percy, I understand you have a problem, and I guess I have to deal with it since I’m the commissioner. What’s the matter?

Pringle: There’s a monster in my dressing room!

Russo: Well, Percy, if anyone can handle monsters, it’s you. I mean, look at who you’ve had to deal with for the past twelve years.

Pringle: Yes, but never one like this!

Russo: You want me to look inside? Fine.

Russo enters the dressing room, then comes back out a few moments later.

Russo: All I saw in there was Malice.

Pringle: Malice? In my dressing room?

Russo: Is that a problem? I can get Siaki, TAKA, and James, and get him thrown out if you want.

Pringle: No, it’s no problem. Thank you.

Pringle enters his dressing room, all smiles. Russo just shakes his head and walks off.

OR: 77

Scott Hall vs. Ken Shamrock: A good power match, as Hall avoids Shamrock’s usual mat-based moves. So it all comes down to brawling, and Hall’s better at it than Shamrock. Hall pins a stunned Shamrock after the Outsider’s Edge. A disappointed Shamrock leaves the ring as Hall asks for someone to pass him a beer.

Much like we saw last week, Shamrock grabs his things and goes straight to the parking area. He tosses his bags in the back seat of his car and takes off.

Attendance: 2504

Best segment: B.G. James music video (97)

Worst segment: Alicia Webb over April (36)

Best match: Scott Hall over Ken Shamrock (77)

Wednesday, March 5, 2003

TNA Total Nonstop Action

Hosts: Joey Styles and Barney Sommers

Styles: Hello, everyone, and welcome to Total Nonstop Action! I’m Joey Styles.

Sommers: And I’m Barney “not the purple dinosaur” Sommers.

Styles: Um, OK. Tonight we have Sonny Siaki defending the X title against Ron Killings.

Sommers: Last night on XPlosion, Killings went through Brian Lawler and Jody Fleisch to earn his title shot tonight.

Styles: Speaking of Fleisch, he’ll be taking on TAKA Michinoku tonight. Also, our main event features B.G. James versus Ken Shamrock.

Sommers: Shamrock has been on a little bit of a losing streak as of late, dropping matches to both TAKA Michinoku and Scott Hall in the last couple of weeks.

Styles: Here’s Scott Hall now!

Hall takes a microphone before entering the ring. He wants to know why he has to fight Cowboy James Storm here tonight. Last night he beat Ken Shamrock, and everyone knows Storm is not in Shamrock’s class. He tells Storm to come get his lesson in wrestling.

Scott Hall vs. James Storm: As Hall suggests, it’s not much of a match. It takes less than five minutes for him to deliver the Outsider’s Edge for the pinfall.

CR: 50

MQ: 79

Backstage, Sonny Siaki tells the camera that he wants to congratulate Ron Killings on getting yet another shot at his X title. However, he promises that this match will end like all the others – with Siaki still the champion.

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 58 to 59.)

On his way to the ring, Ron Killings stops by the announcers’ desk and picks up the microphone. He begs everyone that has a problem with Siaki to wait until after the match before trying to get their hands on him. The Truth is Siaki can’t beat him fair and square in a one-on-one contest.

NWA X title match: Ron Killings vs. Sonny Siaki ©: A good, high-flying match, but you already knew that since I told you this was for the X title. The crowd pops for some of the more amazing moves, like Killings’ Super Frankensteiner from the top rope, which sends Siaki out to the floor. Killings tries to follow, but the referee holds him back. Meanwhile, Siaki reaches into his tights and pulls out some brass knuckles! Killings finally makes it past the referee and tries to pull Siaki back in the ring, but gets nailed with the knux! Siaki delivers a Siakalypse for good measure before scoring the easy pinfall.

CR: 72

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 59 to 60. The NWA X title gained in image from 65 to 67.)

Vince Russo is backstage with TAKA Michinoku. First, he congratulates Sonny Siaki on his successful X title defense. He always told him he had some brass ones, but he never thought he’d take it literally! Now, on to more pressing matters. Jody Fleisch has come to NWA: TNA and scored a few impressive victories. But he won’t get one tonight.

Jody Fleisch vs. TAKA Michinoku (with Vince Russo): Two words – outstanding match! Too bad Russo had to affect the outcome by nailing Fleisch with a chair, which led to a Michinoku Driver for the pin.

Winner: TAKA Michinoku

MQ: 91

Backstage, B.G. James talks about how big of a loser Ken Shamrock is. He has the production crew roll footage of Shamrock being pinned by both TAKA Michinoku and Scott Hall. Then he tells Shamrock to get ready for footage of him being pinned by B.G. James to be added to the collection.

Ken Shamrock vs. B.G. James: Shamrock’s mind is clearly somewhere else, and James dominates most of the match, eventually going for the Dogg Pound to finish it. Shamrock simply shakes his head before returning to the locker room.

CR: 74

No, this is not a replay – Shamrock collects his stuff, gets into his car, and drives off into the night to end the show.

Attendance: 2503

Best segment: Interview with Vince Russo and TAKA Michinoku (82)

Worst segment: Scott Hall over James Storm (64)

Best match: TAKA Michinoku over Jody Fleisch (79)

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

The latest casualty of the declining wrestling industry is NWA Wildside’s television show, which was dropped by America One.

TNA XPlosion

Hosts: Dino Dahl and Guido Lee

Dahl: Greetings, TNA fans, and welcome to another edition of XPlosion! I’m your host, Dino Dahl, and joining me is Guido Lee.

Lee: Thanks, Dino. Tonight we’ve got another outstanding card, highlighted by an X division matchup between Jody Fleisch and Brian Lawler.

Dahl: Also, Ken Shamrock will be taking on Curt Hennig in our main event. You know, Guido, Shamrock lost to B.G. James on Total Nonstop Action last Wednesday, extending his current losing streak.

Lee: Speaking of B.G. James, tonight he’ll be taking on Road Warrior Animal!

Dahl: That could headline any arena in the country.

Lee: In the world!

Dahl: Yeah! And our opening match will feature a special challenge match. Last Wednesday, Scott Hall beat Cowboy James Storm. Tonight, Storm’s tag team partner, Wildcat Chris Harris, has challenged Hall to defend the honor of America’s Most Wanted.

Lee: Earlier, Scott Hall had these words to say about that challenge.

On the video screen, Hall appears to be walking in from the parking lot earlier tonight, when an unnamed intern tells him of Harris’ challenge. Hall seems shocked that Harris would dare challenge him after what he did to James Storm last week, then he becomes extremely irritated that he has to waste his time with punks like America’s Most Wanted. You know, they say sudden mood changes are a sign that someone is intoxicated …

Upon returning from a commercial break, a video highlighting Sonny Siaki is shown on the video screen, drawing a large response from the fans, who boo vehemently at the video.

OR: 97

(Sonny Siaki gained in over from 60 to 64.)

Scott Hall vs. Chris Harris (with James Storm): A surprisingly good match, but Hall dominates Harris much as he did Storm just six days earlier. Among the many similarities to that match, Hall once again scores the clean pinfall after the Outsider’s Edge.

CR: 47

MQ: 80

Backstage, B.G. James tells us how much he enjoyed watching the Road Warriors as a child. Now he’s grown up and has become a superstar in the world of wrestling, and yet the Road Warriors are still around! They’re much too old to still be participating in wrestling matches. So he’s taking it on himself to retire them once and for all, starting tonight with Animal.

Jody Fleisch vs. Brian Lawler (with April): Here’s a point to remember, kids – X division match = good match. It doesn’t matter how formulaic they are, they’re still good matches, and this one’s no different. There is something entirely unique about this match – Malice. The referee is forced to call for the bell after Malice runs in from the back and just destroys both competitors, as Percy Pringle stands at ringside, laughing at each Choke Slam Malice delivers to Fleisch and Lawler.

Winner: no contest due to interference

Finally, Pringle grabs a microphone and climbs into the ring. The medics pull Lawler and Fleisch to safety, under the menacing stares of Malice. Pringle tells us that Malice is the most dominating wrestler he’s ever managed, including The Undertaker and Kane, ohhh yessss! He then issues an open challenge to any two wrestlers to step into the ring with Malice tomorrow night on Total Nonstop Action.

(Malice gained in over from 58 to 59.)

Backstage, Curt Hennig talks about Ken Shamrock’s recent string of bad luck. He says he’d love to help him out, but not tonight. Hennig plans on doing everything in his power to extend Shamrock’s losing streak by one more match.

Road Warrior Animal vs. B.G. James: It comes as no surprise to me that this isn’t a five-star technical masterpiece, but it’s still a decent match. Animal dominates until James ducks a Running Clothesline, which inadvertently knocks down the referee. While Animal checks on the ref, James gets a chair from ringside. Animal turns around, and gets his lights turned out by a big chair shot from James. James drags the referee over and covers Animal. A slow count, but it doesn’t matter since Animal is out cold. After the pin, Road Warrior Hawk comes into the ring and begins pounding on James while Animal recovers and gets back into the fight. James is no match for both Road Warriors. Doomsday Device! The Road Warriors get a small measure of revenge on B.G. James.

CR: 72

As if we needed another reminder of who’s running the show, a video is shown on the big screen featuring Vince Russo and TAKA Michinoku. The video ends, not surprisingly enough, with TAKA helping Russo beat Bob Armstrong to become commissioner.

OR: 92

(TAKA Michinoku gained in over from 70 to 74. Vince Russo gained in over from 78 to 79.)

Curt Hennig vs. Ken Shamrock: As if facing Hennig wasn’t a big enough challenge, Shamrock comes to the ring shaking his head and looking to the floor. Yep, the losses are really getting to him. Shamrock holds his own, but he’s not focused very well, which leads to Hennig setting him up for the Hennig Plex and the pin. Afterwards, Hennig tries to encourage Shamrock, but he pushes him away and returns backstage.

The camera cuts to the parking lot, where Ken Shamrock tosses his bags in the car and begins to drive off. The camera turns back to the doorway, where Alicia Webb is watching Shamrock drive away.

Attendance: 3003

Best segment: Video featuring Sonny Siaki (97)

Worst segment: Scott Hall over Chris Harris (63)

Best match: Jody Fleisch vs. Brian Lawler ends when Malice runs in (76)