Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Very good stuff. I love this show, have watched the first two seasons like three or four times. I wonder whats going to happen this season, the previews looked pretty good for it.

Hahaha! HUGE Dexter fan here. I must say, the ending had me laughing for a good while. I really didn't see it coming, and it was completely randomly. I love this show. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

incase my sig doesnt give it away

I am a huge dexter fan, the books, the show. Michael C hall is amazing in the role

Has anyone started watching Season 3?

Of course. So far its not as good as season two but I'm enjoying it. I do love the storyline with Prado Snr and Dexter.

I do wish the show was more like the books... poor Doaks...

Yeah i hope if they do a fourth season, that they base it around Dr. Danco

As much as I'd love to see that it would never be allowed to be shown on tv. Imagine the hissyfit thrown by religious groups and the like?

BTW I'm only halfway thru the third dexter book, don't spoil it :P

• 11 months later...

Good start to season 4, although:

The falling asleep while driving could be seen from about.... the beginning of the episode. Still quality however. And why totally just change the Batista/ViceGirl thing and then throw in a random quickie BS explanation? Ugh, that did irritate me - it was almost like it was an after thought. Pumped about the FBI guy returning though.

Solid premiere, can't wait till next week

I've been on a Dexter binge for the past few nights, just about an hour ago I finished watching "Do You Take Dexter Morgan?". Kinda disappointed about the quick kill of the Skinner, but oh well. Every other major villian in the series so far has had a big kill, but I guess Season 3 was more about Dexter's relationship with Rita and Miguel (whom I hated at first, then grew to enjoy, then hated again). Anyway, I'm in love with this series. I'll watch the Season 4 premiere tonight after I get off work.

I thought that the premier was one of the best episodes of the series to date. Lithgow looks like he's going to (no pun intended) kill with this role. Haven't seen him in much lately so it's kind of cool to see him make a big return like this. So excited about the season, shame I don't have Showtime. I had to watch last nights episode with hardcoded spanish subtitles.

I thought that the premier was one of the best episodes of the series to date. Lithgow looks like he's going to (no pun intended) kill with this role. Haven't seen him in much lately so it's kind of cool to see him make a big return like this. So excited about the season, shame I don't have Showtime. I had to watch last nights episode with hardcoded spanish subtitles.

Or just watch it the day after in great quality and English on NinjaVideo (google it). The episode was okay, I immediately recognized Lithgow and I think he's great so he should be good this season. I wonder how Dexter is going to get out of the police finding a part of the body in his trunk....

The premiere was some wonderful dark comedy. (And the rest I address in spoiler box):

Revolving the whole show on Dexter's inability to sleep was genius. It was such a simple motif, but it was played well.

Although, I am concerned that I'm getting bored by the side characters. I'm sure this is inevitable, the show is made and broken by Dexter himself. But they kind of had their hands tied and just wrote everyone a sort of boring romance. Quinn likes dumb reporter chick. Angel has the blonde woman storyline just dropped and likes LaGuerta(?) for whatever indeterminate reason. I guess at least they're throwing in a conflict with Debra and Anton (who bores me, too) and Lundy (who was awesome during his run on the show).

I fully expect Deb and Lundy to have another fling while he's in town for the Trinity Killer. And I hope so, too, but I can't fucking stand Anton. I thought for sure he would turn out to be the Skinner. I'm still banking on Deb and Quinn to get together at one point during this season.

I'm really getting sick of Angel and LaGuerta, too. I always lock in on Angel's lisp whenever he talks, and LaGuerta has annoyed me ever since Season 1 when she was hitting on Dexter for no apparent reason (and was dropped just as fast).