Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I fully expect Deb and Lundy to have another fling while he's in town for the Trinity Killer. And I hope so, too, but I can't fucking stand Anton. I thought for sure he would turn out to be the Skinner. I'm still banking on Deb and Quinn to get together at one point during this season.

I'm really getting sick of Angel and LaGuerta, too. I always lock in on Angel's lisp whenever he talks, and LaGuerta has annoyed me ever since Season 1 when she was hitting on Dexter for no apparent reason (and was dropped just as fast).

Ah I forgot about Maria hitting on Dexter in season 1, it's pretty strange that has been dropped so easily. It's pretty sad though, she had a good friendship going with Doakes and he dies, she had a relationship with Prado and they were getting close again and he died, and Prado killed her best friend at the time, Ellen Wolff or something. So basically everyone she gets close to dies, it's like a recurring theme.

I still find Quinn fishy. Last season they made this big fuzz about him, that Deb had to check on him and shit, but I can't remember why it ended?

I fully expect Deb and Lundy to have another fling while he's in town for the Trinity Killer. And I hope so, too, but I can't fucking stand Anton. I thought for sure he would turn out to be the Skinner. I'm still banking on Deb and Quinn to get together at one point during this season.

I'm really getting sick of Angel and LaGuerta, too. I always lock in on Angel's lisp whenever he talks, and LaGuerta has annoyed me ever since Season 1 when she was hitting on Dexter for no apparent reason (and was dropped just as fast).

Ah I forgot about Maria hitting on Dexter in season 1, it's pretty strange that has been dropped so easily. It's pretty sad though, she had a good friendship going with Doakes and he dies, she had a relationship with Prado and they were getting close again and he died, and Prado killed her best friend at the time, Ellen Wolff or something. So basically everyone she gets close to dies, it's like a recurring theme.

I still find Quinn fishy. Last season they made this big fuzz about him, that Deb had to check on him and shit, but I can't remember why it ended?

It was something about his and the asian bird's old partner had a meth addiction, but Quinn didn't call it in and tried to get him help, and the partner ended up dying. I don't see what the big deal about Maria not hitting on Dex now is? I mean, did she really need a reason? He's an attractive bloke, what more reason did she need to hit on him? I'm pretty sure it faded out because of the amount of stuff that was going on in her life.

I believe it was put in because it was part of the Darkly Dreaming Dexter novel. LaGuerta was even more power hungry in the book so hitting on her coworkers might have been used to try and promote that.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter spoiler

LaGuerta is killed in the book so it wasn't developed there either.

I've been loving this season, even though it's only two episodes in. John Lithgow is magnificent in his role and I'm really glad to see Lundy back. While I like Lundy, I certainly don't seem to hate Anton as much as everyone else does. Anyway, this looks like it could be a great season.

the one character I can't stand is Deb... really wouldn't miss her.

but yes I enjoy John Lithgow in this role greatly

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if it should but ill put my theory in spoiler tags

I had a thought after the first three episodes that Lundy could be the Trinity killer, as in it's a split personality that he doesn't know of as you hadn't seen the two together.. obviously goes out the window as you see the two together and Lundy is now dead.

ohh and Fuck Me! this season just got awesome with the revelation Trinity is.. well normal. I would also like to see him survive this season or possibly instead of Dexter killing him, have him put in jail instead.

I can't be the only one with the opinion that Trinity didn't shoot Deb and Lundy, right? Because ever since it happened, I've been saying on other boards that it's gotta be Anton due to jealousy issues he's showed in the episodes leading up to the murder of Lundy, and after it, how he thought everything was going to return to normal for himself and Deb.

I just don't see it being Trinity.

Last nights episode was really awesome for some reason. Just seeing Trinity as a normal family man and doing what Dexter is unable to do by having his murdering life out in the open per se.

I really like when episodes don't focus on Dexter's kill of the week and instead focus more on progressing the story. This season has been very good thus far, and I cant wait to see what happens with Trinity, who turns out to just be someone that lost three people he loved and just lost it. It kind of gives a "Damn, I feel bad for him" feeling to go along with the "Fucker is killing innocent people" vibe. I really hope he sticks around past this season, because one season just won't be enough.

EDIT: Really hope it isnt Anton. I never cared for him and don't want him to return. He should just stay gone, but I could see him being the guy with Deb finding out, thus getting her off the trail of Trinity.

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

Yeah my immediate thought was Anton, it's not Trinity because they would've shown him, he seemed shocked at Lundy's death and he's not that type of murderer. I doubt he'd be so desperate to off Lundy, considering he bumped into him on purpose.

I just blew through this season so far back to back and the Trinity Killer has to be the creepiest motherfucker in a long time.

I like that he has this whole other side of him too, almost like what Dexter would turn out like if he didn't follow his rules. The end of the last episode seriously gave me the creeps though, sitting in the bathtub with his wife like the first victim. I was initially iffy on this season, as it seemed like there really wasn't anywhere to go but thankfully I was completely wrong.