Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I hope next season they maybe go a few years into the future.. make astor probably 17/18, codey would be around 14 and harrison maybe 7 (im not sure of the age gaps now)

would give the show a different dynamic and also allow them to show if harrison was affected by the ending of the season

I hope next season they maybe go a few years into the future.. make astor probably 17/18, codey would be around 14 and harrison maybe 7 (im not sure of the age gaps now)

would give the show a different dynamic and also allow them to show if harrison was affected by the ending of the season

Wer keinen Kopf hat braucht keinen Hut.

It´s still Showtimes most sucsessfull show. I doubt they will change the core formular big time.

Id rather they keep it relatively close to the night Rita was killed. That way we get to see Dexter trying to be himself at night while being the only one around to take care of the kids, and also dealing with Astor and Cody after having just lost their mother, and also being paranoid over whether Harrison will turn out the same way Dexter has or not. If they skip ahead a few years, we really don't get to see the 'how', just the aftermath of the 'how', if that makes sense.

Still, though. fan-dabi-dozi ending to the season. Really couldnt have thought of anything better, except maybe Trinity being let go by Dexter out of pity/empathy or something, only for Dexter to still find Rita killed.

Awesome episode, but I had one problem with it.

Captain Matthews knew that Dexter and the Ice Truck Killer were brothers, yet said nothing to Dexter or anyone else when they discovered who the Ice Truck Killer was? Weird.

Edited by pizzamonkey

Awesome episode, but I had one problem with it.

Captain Matthews knew that Dexter and the Ice Truck Killer were brothers, yet said nothing to Dexter or anyone else when they discovered who the Ice Truck Killer was? Weird.

I can't remember, but I get the impression he wasn't supposed to let anyone know about Dexters family, as a favour to Harry. It's not like there was much reason to suspect Dex of anything bad, anyway. I really don't see why everyone thinks that if Deb found out that Dexter's brother was the ice truck killer she'd find out about him. It's not like they're really connected in any obvious way to the characters in the show. Dex's explanation of him coming after Dexter because he's his brother made perfect sense.

Guest Raving Rich

I did not see that coming. That was by far the most shocking twist I have seen at the end of any season of any TV Show. I'm interested in seeing how things pan out from season 5 and beyond.

Even though it totally got spoiled for me, I was still pretty shocked by the ending. Still, after throwing out a major swerve like that, I can't see the show lasting much longer. I'd be surprised if the show made it to Season 7, what else can they do?

Guest Raving Rich

I just thought of something....

Arthur/Trinity couldn't have killed Rita for two reasons. First, he only starts a cycle once he has buried a little boy in cement. Second, the woman who he normally kills in a bath tub is not a mother. Therefore I think I know someone who would have the right motive to kill Rita. I think it was Debra because I think she must be secretly pissed with Dexter that he knew Harry was having an affair and it turned out to be with her birth mother, so she goes over to Dexter's house looking to confront him over it and bumps into Rita (who's getting her ID like she said in the answer phone message) and after Debra tells Rita what she knows, Rita then probably says that she knew about Dexter's past (after Lila blurted it out during a dinner part also attended by Dexter, Rita and Rita's Mother) and as a result of that Debra kills Rita and not places her in a bath tub of running water to make it look like another Trinity killing, she places Harrison in the middle of the bathroom floor so that he'll be drenched in his mother's blood as a reminder for Dexter. I don't think Trinity killed Rita because he wouldn't know about Dexter's dark past and obviously in the final episode Debra found out about it.

Would that make any sense?

I just thought of something....

Arthur/Trinity couldn't have killed Rita for two reasons. First, he only starts a cycle once he has buried a little boy in cement. Second, the woman who he normally kills in a bath tub is not a mother. Therefore I think I know someone who would have the right motive to kill Rita. I think it was Debra because I think she must be secretly pissed with Dexter that he knew Harry was having an affair and it turned out to be with her birth mother, so she goes over to Dexter's house looking to confront him over it and bumps into Rita (who's getting her ID like she said in the answer phone message) and after Debra tells Rita what she knows, Rita then probably says that she knew about Dexter's past (after Lila blurted it out during a dinner part also attended by Dexter, Rita and Rita's Mother) and as a result of that Debra kills Rita and not places her in a bath tub of running water to make it look like another Trinity killing, she places Harrison in the middle of the bathroom floor so that he'll be drenched in his mother's blood as a reminder for Dexter. I don't think Trinity killed Rita because he wouldn't know about Dexter's dark past and obviously in the final episode Debra found out about it.

Would that make any sense?

No, but I can say with absolute certainty that what you just said is the most retarded thing I have ever heard in my life.

• Like 2

Yeeeeeeaahhhhh..... That would be the stupidest route to go.

Debra killing Rita over Rita knowing that Dexters mother was killed in front of him as a child and not telling Debra about it? That would be really bad motive to kill Rita, and would make no sense considering Dexter handled Debra finding out about Harry/Dexters mom rather well. All Rita knew was that Dexter, as a baby, had his mother killed in front of him. She didnt know that Dexters mom and Debras dad were fucking eachother (at least I dont THINK she does...). Debra finding out that Rita knew about Dexter's mom being killed but NOT knowing about his mom and her dad, and killing her over that? Yeah. Doesn't make that much sense.

Now. Would Debra killing someone and being on the criminal side of the line as opposed to the police side be an interesting thing to see during a season? I think so, but not the way you just typed it out.

Granted, Trinity couldnt have known about Dexter's past, but maybe Harrison being in the middle of the blood like that was just a coincidence done by Trinity, who may have thought Dexter seeing his son in the middle of the blood bath with Rita RIGHT there, would just fuck Dexter up from sight alone. And yeah, the kill doesn't fit with Trinity's cycle, but it's not like he is bound to the cycle for fear of being shot for breaking it or something. He could have easily just killed Rita as a 'fuck you' to Dexter for fucking his life up/interfering the way he has.

That is what is fan-dabi-dozi about the ending, though. It keeps us left wondering. I just cant wait to see how they handle Dexter being widow with three kids (unless they ship the kids off to the grandparents for an easy way out of that), and coping with the sight of Rita in the bathtub and Harrison covered in blood. I want the next season to pick up as close to that scene as possible, whether it be a couple days or weeks or even just picking up from the same spot.

Even if Trinity DIDNT do it, who else has a motive to kill Rita that wouldnt just come off as grasping at straws to swerve people for the sake of swerving? Trinity is the only one that makes sense and the only one who had any motive to kill Rita. Harrison being in the pool of blood could have just been a coincidence rather than Trinity knowing about Dexters childhood.

Guest Raving Rich

Er..

in the sitdown interview right after the episode Lithgow said Trinity did.

That wasn't previously known to me, but you can't blame me for strongly assuming a twist considering that's how the season just gone ended, right?