E3

Guest homerjfry

Guest homerjfry

Alright so I went to E3 today for about 4 hours and transversed the main 3 floors and I will let you all know how it went. If I don't mention a game, post it here and i will let you know how well it played and all of that shit (if I played it at all). This is just the PS2 section, since I have a paper to write, this is all I can put up for now.

PS2

The Getaway: Black Monday- Not near completion at all. This game is a wreck. The controls are shitty, the camera sucks, there's no way to aim at who you're shooting at unless you just face them. Major letdown. D-

Final Fantasty 12-This game weirded me out since the fighting in turnbased, yet you can move your characters around the screen during battles. It is very reminicent of Parasite Eve, and while the graphics look like a bit of a step back, the game seemed solid. B

Ace Combat 5- Seen one game, you've seen em all. Graphics are nicer, but I suck at flying. C+

Area 51-A frist person shooter made from the shootemup arcade of the same name, the graphics in this are phenomenal, but I couldn't play it since the controls were inverted and I suck with them like that and got killed rather quickly. B-

Devil may Cry 3- Another foray in this world. I don't know if this is part of the game, but the enemies kept respawning on screen and making the game much lamer and boring than it needed to be. Other players around me did quite well with it though. C+

Driver 3-Highly anticipated, but don't hold your breath. This game is craptacular. The graphics look like updated PS1 screens and the cars look simply attrocious. The world is covered in jaggies. The on foot missions are decent, and the aiming system is well done, but this isn't anything GTA hasn't already done better. D+

Fight Club-My friend hated it, but I had fun playing it. The details are really nice as players faces become bloodier with each punch and their knuckles become covered in blood as well. There are bonus moves called "Bone breaks" that break bones and render that limb useless for the remainder of the fight, complete with x ray special effect. Solid game that has promise if just for a weekend rental with the friends. C+

Hyper Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition-This is a compilation of many of the Street fighter games over the years, complete with the first home edition of Street Fighter 3, which I promptly got my ass kicked on. This looks to be the Street fighter game to get. B+

Killzone- Being touted as the Halo killer, I gotta tell you, it is REALLY close to it. The graphics are phenomenal, as the PS2 has a franchise with this series. the control is great and the enemy AI is great as well. The gritty wartorn graphics are well done and the sound effects are amazing. A huge first step for Sony in competing with Microsoft's killer app. A

Metal Gear: Snake Eater- THE game for the PS2 that everyone is anticipating. Kojima still has the ability to put together one hell of an intro for a game. unfortunately lke the last few Metal Gears, the Demo took about 15 minutes before we could actually play it, so expect another heavy story laden adventure. The details in this game are phenomenal, and the graphics are top notch. Kojima seems to have set up a huge game, and it looks like we won't be dissapointed either. A

Mortal Kombat: Deception-Seemed like more people were interested in playing the Kombat's version of Tetris Attack or Street Fighter Gem Fighting, complete with mini characters beating each other up after successful linking. The game looks a lot like 4, except with sharper graphics. Only time will tell if this will flop, or ressurect the franchise. C+

Midway Arcade Treasures 2- Mortal Kombat 1 and NARC. That's all you need to know. Hopefully Midway will release this at a bargain price because I doubt it is worth a $50 price tag. $20 yes, definately, just for the chance to play NARC again.

Rumble Roses- Konami's attempt at female wrestling, and let me tell you if female wrestling was like this, we would ALL watch it with our pants down and our dicks in our hands. The chicks are modeled really well with gratuatous cleavage and ass shots (and all the chicks wear shorts that are up their ass crack), and some spectacular, rather imaginative moves. The engine is simple, but it was a lot of fun to play, and the moves looked great. B+

Those were the main games I played for the PS2. I know I skipped a TON, but we are going back on friday and for a longer time so i will delve deeper into them. We just tried to walk around as much as possible to get our bearings so on Friday we will know where everything is, and get in more playing time.

I must say that E3 was littered with hot chicks, from the booth broads, to the dude with hot girlfriends (i don't know HOW they talk their women to going with them to a videogame convention). It made for some crazy eye candy I must say. I will be back soon enough to insert the XBOX and GC sections, but ask away if you want, and I will just respond to those select games if that is all you want to know about.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest homerjfry

Well I will let you know I played Metroid Prime 2 and it is phenomenal. They upped the graphics and they run smooth and flawlessly. Plus they added multiplayer and I had a 4 player deathmatch and beat the other guys. Best part was that the multiplayer ran at a smooth frame rate. No choppyness or anything. Metroid Prime 2 Grade: A

By the way numbahs, if you can get your name in print talking about videogames, take it and you will get a media pass. You get access to anything there, while the people who pay only get to see the exhibits.

By the way numbahs, if you can get your name in print talking about videogames, take it and you will get a media pass. You get access to anything there, while the people who pay only get to see the exhibits.

My friend was a manager at a game store and he got the hook-up. The bastard just had to move... :rolleyes:

Rumble Roses- Konami's attempt at female wrestling, and let me tell you if female wrestling was like this, we would ALL watch it with our pants down and our dicks in our hands. The chicks are modeled really well with gratuatous cleavage and ass shots (and all the chicks wear shorts that are up their ass crack), and some spectacular, rather imaginative moves. The engine is simple, but it was a lot of fun to play, and the moves looked great. B+

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Oh, by the way, did they include blood in Killzone?

Edited by Gongsun Zan

It's always been a dream of mine to be able to attend E3 as a vendor and not a game fan.

The only good stuff I have seen so far Metal Gear, Metroid, Zelda, and FFXII. The rest sounds good and all, but those are the games I am waiting for, I am a child of nintendo, can anybody tell? (And before you say well FF adn MG aren't on nintendo, they started there)

The DS from Nintendo looks good too, while Playstations PSP doesn't look that good to me.

Guest homerjfry

Anyone who has published something on the topic of videogames can go, as long as it has your by-line. They articles we wrote was for an independent music magazine.

Guest homerjfry

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Oh, by the way, did they include blood in Killzone?

Yes there is blood. Nice amount of it too.

By the way, I forgot the game that my friend and I had the BEST time playing.

Shadow of Rome is basically Gladiator in videogame mode. There is a TON of blood, beheadings, arms being sliced off, bodies being chopped in half, lots of weapons, and a great crowd system in the arena. It might get old like "State of Emergency", but the time we were playing it was an absolute blast. B+

Guest homerjfry

Any Xbox reviews?

I'll have XBOX up tomorrow morning, Godfatha. I am in the middle of a crash creative writing assignment now. But I did play all of the big games for the BOX, and must say, it has a killer lineup coming out this year and next. I will repost some others after friday since I will have a lot more time to play games and walk around compared to today.

By the way, any requests for reviews for games I haven't mentioned, I will take down and make sure I play them to let you guys know how they were.

Guest homerjfry

Did you see any of the XNA stuff?  I'm watching some of it from IGN Insider and the Crash videos look wicked.  Can't wait for your Xbox review.

This might be because my brain is fried, but what exactly is XNA? Thanks.

Guest homerjfry

Someone should've taken a camera.

Not for the games, the booth babes are where it's at

Hell yes. As I said earlier. They were incredible there, and the normal girls there were hot too. I didn't know what was going on. There was a chick in line for food wearing the shortest short shorts I have ever seen, and I nearly passed out. The only downside of the day was paying $10 for a personal pizza and a small drink.