E3

Guest homerjfry

Guest homerjfry

XNA is some sort of new "console" Microsoft that is coming out that is supposed to link the Xbox and Windows.  If you still don't know what I'm talking about go to the XNA homepage.

Didn't hear ANYTHING about that, but i will check it out for you.

Also, I plan to stand in line for both the PSP and the DS demos on Friday, so I will report back on those as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should've taken a camera.

Not for the games, the booth babes are where it's at

Yeah, the girls are hot from what I've seen in the IGN Insider photos, I'll try to upload them when I get my donator status back.

Thanks homejrfry, thanks for this great thread for the updates!

Mortal Kombat: Deception-Seemed like more people were interested in playing the Kombat's version of Tetris Attack or Street Fighter Gem Fighting, complete with mini characters beating each other up after successful linking. The game looks a lot like 4, except with sharper graphics. Only time will tell if this will flop, or ressurect the franchise. C+

Did you play Deadly Alliance at all? That ressurected the franchise in my opinion and was a fantastic game.

Guest homerjfry

Did you play Deadly Alliance at all?  That ressurected the franchise in my opinion and was a fantastic game.

Yeah I played it and it was quite fun. I just didn't know ANY moves beside the basics, but it was a ton of fun. I think thie will bring back the fighter to the mainstream audience though.

Anything on Madden 2005, NCAA Football 2005?

I've always wanted to go to E3..

Most of those Games I want, but I mostly want Madden 2005~!

Didn't get a chance to play these yet (I will Friday), but they look AMAZING. I will have more details after playing them, so stay tuned for friday.

I think Snake Eater will be amazing.

Is Fight Club based on the movie?

and

Did you see anything on The Matrix: Online

Fight club is based on the movie, except the characters do not really look like their movie counterparts at all. Still pretty fun though. No news on Matrix.

You are my latest target on envy. I'm pumped about Fight Club finally becoming a game, I've been wanting to play it as a game since the movie came out. Thanks for the mini-report.

It will at least be worth a rental to play with the boys as I said before. It is a nice game with great details, so have no fear, it is pretty damn fun.

Mmmm MGS: Snake Eater and Killzone..... Out of those they were the most hotly anticipated for me and things are still lookin ggood....eeeeeeeexcellent!

*rubs hands together with glee*

Have no fear, it looks like we will not be disappointed.

Thanks for all the great support fellas, I will post the XBOX and GC in the next hour.

Edited by homerjfry

Guest homerjfry

XBOX

25 to Life- Another of the new GTA games, except this one is online. You can play as both the cops and robbers, and it looked really nice on the BOX and has a lot of promise. C

Burnout 3-Really addictive driving game, with cars that drive super fast, and look really damn nice too. Solid gameplay here, and was pretty fun. B-

Dead or Alive: Ultimate-Hey it's Dead or Alive, and you know what to expect here: bouncy tits, great graphics and multilayered levels. Best part was this game was projected onto a HUGE screen and there wasn't a single jaggie to be found. Not a Soul Caliber killer, but still worth a look. B

Fable- Peter Monileux's (SP) so called RPG redefiner was up and running on about 12 screens in the XBOX area and played rather promisingly. Problem is it is hard to judge what is called the most openended, infinately playable RPG of all time, but from what I played and saw it is looking great. I guess multiple delays and development years will do that. B

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude-Larry is BACK! For any of those wo played the old games, the point was pretty much attempting to play to get Larry laid. There are a ton if mini games that link to Larry earning the hearts of farm girls in daisy duke shorts. It is a lot of fun and shows a lot of promise. B+

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age-Only saw a video on this, but what a video! It showed a HUGE battle in what looked like real-time graphics. This game could be HUGE. No grade, wasn't playable.

MLB: Slugfest-The graphics look great but the gamepla was really strange because no matter what, it just seemed like I mistimed my swing all the time. In 10 pitches I hit the ball once, and this is suppossed to be an arcade game. If you are a fan of the series, check it out, but if not, avoid. C-

Out Run 2-Another classic game ressurected with stellar graphics and good driving engine. It is interesting how much the game looks like classic Out Run but with updated graphics. C+

Shell Shock: Nam 67- Looks pretty damn good. Looks like every company is out to make third person, and first person shooters, and it looks as if we will be reaping the benefits. This game played really well and had some nice graphics. Not your typical run and gun. B+

Star Wars Republic Commando- A VERY fun Star Wars shooter that places you in the shoes of a Stormtrooper and destroying, building and killing aliens. The graphics are sweet, and the sound is amazing. Best of all the gameplay is a lot of fun, so check this out if you are a Star Wars nut. B+

DOOM 3- Since I haven't played or even seen Halo 2 at this E3, I will send off the XBOX with the next most anticipated shooter of the year. This game is fucking amazing. They provided us with headphones to play the game and that addd to the eerieness and great atmosphere. The game is really creepy, and the graphics are just as good as you imagined. The solid lighting effects rival those of Splinter Cell, and the monsters liike incredible, complete with bullet holes in their bodies after you shoot them. The AI is fantastic as well, as in one part where I entered a room a zombie soldier popped out and shot me. I backed up through the door, and tried to do the old 1st person shooter trick (pop back behind the door, and then run forward through the door, and the enemy would be standing there open to be shot), but instead, he ran to the side and hid and as i ran through the door, he was missing and just shot me from the side. Another example saw another soldier hiding behind a conister as I shot him with a shotgun from 30 feet, and never hitting him. Great details like that make this a MUST BUY for any XBOX owner. A

Well that's it for the BOX reviews until friday. I am looking to play Halo and the Maddens for sure, and just play a handful of the third party games to review as well. I want to try and fight The Sith Lords too, but I didn't see it on Wednesday. So look for a Gamecube update in a bit, and the last update on friday or saturday when I play everything I missed.

Guest homerjfry

I believe that was answered earlier in the thread...

And I think he said something about writing an article for a music magazine.

Indeed you are correct.

As many people said...yes I really do hate you.

But just a question..where is E3 held? Or if in different places..where is it being held this year?

Been in Los Angeles for the lat handful of years, and looks like it is here to stay.

Tell me stuff about Dawn of War. NOW :'(

Single. Most. Anticipated. Game. Of. All. Time. (in my eyes )

Relic are keeping their mouths relatively closed  But they DID make Homeworld..so it WILL be fucking amazing.

Haven't played it yet. I played Relic and it seems really cool, but it was also in development last year (I got a shirt from them for free).

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all I wanted to hear about was Halo2 and you didnt get the info!

Well atleast you got some info on Fable

I thought there was supposed to be some more info on the new WWE games, and also was the NWA:TNA game just rumored?

I'm not sure what they did for the game, but was there like a video or something for S.T.A.L.K.E.R? (Now my second favorite game, along with Halo/Halo2)

Is GTA: San Andreas at E3?

Didn't see any of these, but I will look tomorrow.