Pro Evolution 4

Guest Red Devil

Just played the demo and it's fucking awesome. Much better then PES3 and i've been playing the 1 half demo for a few hours now. Can't wait till the real game comes out.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna take my chances and head to the shops thursday afternoon/night as I ordered Madden 2005 from Play and I got it on the saturday morning. Thus I dont like my chances of getting PES4 any earlier then that.

I played the demo today and it is STUNNING.

Far better than PES3 and I thought that was good enough.

It is just fab! I scored an absolute peach with Kallstrom. I got a free-kick from about 25-30 yards out, decided to have Ljungberg lay it off to Kallstrom, he ran onto it and absoultely belted it into the top corner, keeper just stood there, best goal I have scored so far :D

Things that annoy me at this stage though are that headers on goal seem almost impossible to even get on target, every corner I have I head it over, also keepers stand there an awful lot and don't move, sometimes it is right when they don't move, like the goal I scored. But sometimes they can easily get over but just stand still.

Anyway, I give this game 9.99/10. (as no game is perfect, but this is as close you will get at the moment)

Most people got it from a PS2 magazine that came out this month. I was going to get it today but it's like six quid so I passed up on it. I cant wait till friday though even though I'll head up the Game store on Thursday to check if they've got it in early.

Oh and let me just tell everyone something, Fifa 2005 is pure shit. I rented it to give it a chance like I always do, and it's a pile of shit. No difference to 2004 if you ask me, and the online play is crap and slow. Time for Pro Evo to blow Fifa away :)

The demo was also meant to out in Virgin Megastores so people could try and qualify for the PES league but it kept on being pushed back. Apparently some are now giving out, some are selling it as a deposit for PES4 and some are just giving it out with the game.

FIFA has some amazing double standards, the mention of beer drinkin is cut from the Streets song and Leeds aren't allowed to have Whyte and Mackay as their sponsor. Yet other teams are allowed alcoholic sponsors such as Liverpool and Barnsley. I'm thinking they went around saying such sponsors were gonna be taken out unless they paid EA some more cash.

Question for those who haven't ordered online, when are you planning to head to the shops and try and buy it? I'm planning to go thursday afternoon but i'm heavily tempted to go tommorow. Last year I tried to get PES3 on the thursday and shops like Game and Gamestation were insistant that they were not selling it till Friday. So I just nipped to HMV and found it for £35. This year though a friend of mine got FIFA from Game last thursday so i'm thinking maybe the different shops will try and take a headstart on each other.

Edited by King Ellis

Guest Red Devil

I'll probably go to the shops on Thursday afternoone just before they close and ask around. If not then Friday morning as soon as they open i'll go in there and get it. If i order it online at somewhere like Play.com or Amazon.co.uk will i get it Friday or later, if later does anyone know how long it usaully take for them to deliver games?

When you will get it depends on who you use. Some tend to have next day delivery options which cost more but will probably mean you get it thursday or friday.

Whats wrong with the set piece system? Sorry you must be used to FIFA where if your within 40 yards of your opponents goals you HAVE to shoot. FIFA always has been the staple of realism, I recall seeing giant arrows appearing every time I see a free kick taken in real life.