Pro Evolution 4

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I headed up the store today in the evening and they had it, so I was super happy. Me and two mates went round one of there houses and I basically played like the first five games, and boy is it fucking awesome.

It is without a doubt the best football game off all time, and better than Pro Evo 3. Damn hard to get used to straight away that's for sure, but it just seems so realistic in parts. The shooting seems so better and I'm amazed by how brilliant it is to play and shoot with Nedved from thirty yards out. So much harder than Pro Evo 3 if you ask me as well, which makes it much better. Just started a master league and it's damn brilliant.

First two games I played against my mates I lost both yet had the time of my life on it. Won the next two games though so that made up for it. The freekicks I think are brilliant and I'm loving the one where you can get a player to tap the ball and you run onto it. If you master that part then you could score some cracking goals in my opinion. The keepers can pull off some amazing saves too, the saves seem much better in this game than any other game I know of, if that makes sense. I love the high through balls, yet didn't they say there would be a meter bar for the through balls or something? Either way no problem.

All in all the game is amazing, 10 out of 10 without a doubt. I'm just going to work my way towards getting Zlatan signed for Juve in the Master League, then get rid of Micolli to make things more up to date. Not scored any cracking goals yet but that's fine, I'll continue playing tomorrow :)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Cheers to whoever suggested moving the camera in, but it still isn't the same as PES3.

I like this more now, but still prefer 3.

I can't decide between the camera's. I find the default better for taking people on, and for medium/long range passing, but I always score more zoomed in, and find that better for short passing. If only there was a medium - like I dunno, the PES3 camera.

I seem to win 1-0 every game on default camera, and 2-0 on zoomed in, but I play worse defensively.

Ok, heading - the game REFUSES to let me score a header. Nearly every header I win goes high centre despite where I aim it. There are then these two examples of where I have missed headers that would have been harder to miss than score, despite doing everything right:

1) Henrik Pederson, Bolton vs. Fulham. Djorkaeff crosses from the left. Stelios nods down. Pederson, stood on the six yard line, in line with the left post now has a clear header from 6 yards out. Van Der Sar is also stood near his left post (like Pederson), meaning I just have to aim to the right, and have 90% of the goal to aim at. I aim to the right (to avoid Van Der Sar - anf giving me 90% of the goal to head into), and the ball goes RIGHT along goal and hits the right post. It has to be the worst miss in Pro Evo history, even though I did everything right

2) Wayne Rooney, England vs. Finland. Beckham corner from the right. Rooney, centre of goal, 6 yard box. Just has to aim to either side of Neimi (who is in the centre of his goal) and he wil score. Aim to the right - again, hits the fucking post from 6 yards out.

I went in training to practise headers, and I was still hitting posts from close range, or headers were going centre, over depsite my aim.

I dont like shooting in general as much either. Aiming as you would on Pro Evo 3, you always hit right at the keeper, so when I press down harder, it drags wide. BUT I will get used to it in time.

The animation is FAR better though, and the dribbling is just right - dribbling stat count for something this time around. It is easier to take people on, but not too easy. It is better weighted, so Rooney, Giggs, Ronaldo etc can get past people, it is ace. AND looks SO fucking cool

Plus, as Johnny Ace points out, free kicks are a lot better. It's easier to get the ball over the wall, but the aim has to be possibly better. Its a much better system.

But overall, my headers need serious help........

Got it last night and spent a lot of the time editing and using training to gain points for the Master League editing thing so I can sort the leagues out properly. First game was me (AC Milan) vs my brother (Juventus). He scored with Nedved but I grabbed the equaliser in 2nd half injury time with Serginio. Went to pens, I saved his first but missed my last 3. :(

Headers are odd for me too. When a player is unmarked I can normally get it on target at least but from corners and such my players seem to be marked by 1 or 2 players and this seems to make my players head over.

Just gonna try another round of editing before heading into ML with West Brom.

Anyone scored any screamers yet? I caught Paul Jones off his line and put it in the top corner from 32m. Amazing goal.

Edited by King Ellis

Guest Red Devil

The heading was the same for me becuase as long as there was a defneder around me then it's a lot harder to get it on targer but if your player has good headering ability the more likely he''' get it on target. I've already scored two headers now which is great.

The best goal i scored was for Man Utd against Liverpool. 89th Minute and we were drawing 1-1. Howard kicked the ball out and Saha nodded it on, Van Nistelrooy then nodded that ball on into the path of Scholes but the defender was about to get it but with one magic touch from Scholes he took it past the defender and just outside the box i drilled the ball home into the top left hand corner.

• Admin

Anyone know when this comes out on the X-Box. I thought it would be the sam as the PS2 release date, but having looked at some sites today it appears i'm wrong. Anyone know when it's out, or if it's out?

I've heard 19th November for the X-Box

*stifles laughter*

Is it me, or is this game goalpost obsessed?

Anyway, I am liking this more. Does anyone find it harder shooting. Nearly all my shots go right at the keeper. I have trouble finding corners. They've obviously tightened it up since ProEvo3.

The shooting has always been hard on the Pro Evo games until you get used to it if you ask me. I'm starting to get way better with the shooting now as well. Try some shots with guys like Nedved, they can pull of some brilliant strikes from far out.

Been playing it most of today and see the new offside animation which I adore. Basically I was 1-0 up as Barca against a friend who was AC. Well he score in like the last five minutes and Schevchenko the scorer was celebrating when the animation game on and the official showed the flag. For some reason that bit just seemed awesome.

How many games is it you have to play in master league until you can purchase players and so on? 16 weeks or so isn't it?

Well, I've played a few matches on the game and though I'm not instantly hooked, I probably will be soon. There are a few bad points but the good points make them wothwhile.

My best goal was with Man United attacking a corner. Roy Keane was just hovering about 10 yards from the area and the ball was headed clear in his direction, he struck the ball on the bounce and it went straight in the top right corner. The stuff of legend.

Just scored an amazing goal with Del Piero. It was a good 35 yards out and the ball basically dipped towards the end of the shot and just under the keeper who couldn't even move.

Anyway managed to do that rebona shot or whatever it's called? Been trying it for sometime but it can only be done with certain players. If you haven't got a clue as to what I'm on about then check this clip:

http://download.worldcupmanager.co.uk/we8/rabona.avi

Just scored an amazing goal with Del Piero. It was a good 35 yards out and the ball basically dipped towards the end of the shot and just under the keeper who couldn't even move.

Anyway managed to do that rebona shot or whatever it's called? Been trying it for sometime but it can only be done with certain players. If you haven't got a clue as to what I'm on about then check this clip:

that goal looked awesome! does anyone know when the release date is for the US? i wanna get this so bad and i'm tempted to order it from Ebay so i don't have to wait much longer.